PDA

View Full Version : What workshops have you attended

Gus
22nd-September-2002, 12:36 PM
OK ... another in the 'Gus Market Research' program. After a few offline conversations, was particularly curious about where people have picked up their 'non-ceroc class' advancement.

There are an increasing number of workshop big events ... of varying quality and aimed at different markets .... the bigger international ones are all swing based whereas in the UK the only major swing one is Jumping at the Woodside (been there .... great time, taught the Lindy turn out by none other than Franckie Manning himself [RESPECT] ... of course can't do any of it now:tears: )

Anyway ... just mark down which of the events you've been to .... given how poor the jungle telegraph is in parts of the country ... including London would be intersting to see if which ones people had even heard of.

Of course .. the continuing debate is that as the largest Modern Jive organisation in the world, should Ceroc be offering more in this line of courses .... in New Zealand and Australia they are into offering these type of courses big time.

Comments?

Emma
22nd-September-2002, 01:12 PM
I've been to a few Ceroc workshops (er..3 I think, won't bore you by listing them) ..and have a couple more coming up..also I'm going to Camber (JiveTime, I think..) in November and again in May.:nice:

Sharon
24th-September-2002, 07:26 PM
I've been on 4 ceroc workshops in total. The first 2 were beginners 1 and 2 with Ceroc Kent approx a year ago. The other 2 workshops were quite recent with Ceroc Greenwich. First one was advanced 1 and the last one I attended I took the plunge and went on a beginners 1 workshop with a friend and we danced as men. Now whenever we go out with a group of girlfriends we are able to dance amonst ourselves and have a laugh.

Last couple of venues I've been to I've done the lesson as a man and a male friend has been dancing as a lady. We have a real laugh and enjoy ourselves.

More people should try it.

Bill
30th-September-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Gus
OK ... another in the 'Gus Market Research' program. After a few offline conversations, was particularly curious about where people have picked up their 'non-ceroc class' advancement.another survey.........far too much time on your hands man !:o

and by the way......thought you'd be busy sewing more lights on to your baggy dance pants !:grin:

and as an aside did you know ( everyone !!!!) that Gus and FC have amassed over 600 messages between them . Some of us have to work :D

As for workshops........ been at various Ceroc ones, Beach Boogie ( great fun) and some non-Ceroc organised events and would love to do more. When's your ones coming up ??? and will we all have to wear orange or flashing lights ????

filthycute
30th-September-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bill foreman

and as an aside did you know ( everyone !!!!) that Gus and FC have amassed over 600 messages between them . Some of us have to work :D :what: over 600?? but did you notice that Gus has 99 more than me!! Now thats a guy with a lot to say. :D Not that i'm complaining....:wink:

filthycute x x

Ps..did you notice how much Franck has posted! shocking! :really:

Bill
30th-September-2002, 04:25 PM
but then Franck has nothing else to do all day of course :grin: well Ceroc is his job...................

and by the way is Franck always on time for the Glasgow classes :confused: :wink: ................too much time in front of a screen............. you'll go blind Franck:D

well bring on all these workshops then.......:wink:

filthycute
30th-September-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by bill foreman
too much time in front of a screen............. you'll go blind Franck:DIs that the excuse men use when they're going blind?????
:yum:

filthycute x x

Bill
2nd-October-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by filthycute
Is that the excuse men use when they're going blind?????
:yum:

filthycute x x

Nothing suggestive thee at all FC...........you have a dirty mind I think.......:wink:

All I meant was that sitting in front of a screen for hours with one hand on the mouse can be bad for your eyes. You have to consider all Health & Safety aspects to all this you know ! :rolleyes: