PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle at Twyford this Saturday!!!

Bex
24th-May-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi All,

We've got a Freestyle night this Saturday (29th) at Loddon Hall, Twyford, Reading. Guest Teacher, Georgette Rundle who used to be the Head of Dance at Ceroc doing the class for us at 8.15pm. Our resident super cool DJ 'TWK' spinning the wheels of steel, tea & cookies to keep your energy levels up and plenty of non-stop freestyle until midnight - what more could you ask?!

Hope you can make it!!!!

Bex :D

Mary
24th-May-2004, 11:38 AM
Count me in. Unfortunately The Prawnster won't be able to make it.:tears: I will have had a week of no dancing so watch out.............

M

Simon r
24th-May-2004, 11:40 AM
Ill be there in body if not in mind
I'm scared:sick:

cutey
24th-May-2004, 02:36 PM
Count me in!!!!!!!

NicoleB:clap:

Sheepman
24th-May-2004, 03:41 PM
Oh no, as ever I've heard about this too late, already booked elsewhere :tears: When's the next one?

Greg

cutey
24th-May-2004, 03:46 PM
Oh Greg, what are we gonna do with you?! If i have my diary dates right it should be 26th June!!!!!

Get it in your diary now!!

NicoleB

Bex
24th-May-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi Sheepy,

The next Twyford freestyle clashes with MJC on Saturday 26th June, so if you're not planning to go there come to Twyford!!!

Hopefully catch up with you soon,
Bex

Sheepman
24th-May-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Hi Sheepy,
clashes with MJC on Saturday 26th June, :tears: I can't do either, as I'm already booked to be at an all nighter on the south coast. Similar problems in July, but do you have a date for August?

Greg x

Bex
24th-May-2004, 03:57 PM
Oooohhh, now August you've gotta get this one in your diary, we're having a Summer Ball at Twyford, full details to be released shortly but the date is Saturday 28th August, its the bank holiday weekend and take it from me you'll need a long weekend to recover from this one!!!

We're having workshops throughout the day and a DWAS Comp and freestyle in the evening, so if Chris A is out there, he'll wanna to maintain his Xmas Champ title!!!

Bex:worthy:

Bill
24th-May-2004, 03:59 PM
Is there a freestyle in July Bex ????

Will be down somewhere in England over the summer and trying to arrange dance events - already booked into Beach Boogie at the end of July.

Really looking forward to seeing - and dancing - with you both soon :D :clap:

Bex
24th-May-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi Bill,

Great to hear from you, didn't get a chance to catch up with you properly at the Champs :tears: A belated congrats to you!!!

We've got a Freestyle night on Saturday 31st July but Billco and I are at a friends wedding so won't be there in person, only in spirit :wink:

Bex

Groovy Dancer
24th-May-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Oooohhh, now August you've gotta get this one in your diary, we're having a Summer Ball at Twyford, full details to be released shortly but the date is Saturday 28th August, its the bank holiday weekend and take it from me you'll need a long weekend to recover from this one!!!

We're having workshops throughout the day and a DWAS Comp and freestyle in the evening, so if Chris A is out there, he'll wanna to maintain his Xmas Champ title!!!

So he better watch out!:devil:
Whoopee!! DWAS..here I come!:clap: :yeah:

Sheepman
24th-May-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Summer Ball at Twyford, the date is Saturday 28th August, Would you believe I currently have just one date booked for the whole of August, and of course it's the 28th! :tears: Maybe I'll manage to do some rearranging, after all, ChrisA and Dale wouldn't want life to be TOO easy for them! :wink:

Greg

TheTramp
24th-May-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Maybe I'll manage to do some rearranging, after all, ChrisA and Dale wouldn't want life to be TOO easy for them! :wink: Can I come and play too please?? :wink:

Trampy

ChrisA
24th-May-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Would you believe I currently have just one date booked for the whole of August, and of course it's the 28th! :tears: Maybe I'll manage to do some rearranging, after all, ChrisA and Dale wouldn't want life to be TOO easy for them! :wink:
So kind of you to offer to DJ, Greg... I should think TwK would be delighted to have a rest for the competition.

Chris :D

Sheepman
24th-May-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
So kind of you to offer to DJ, Greg OK, but I don't think I've even got Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train. I might have a few by the Mavericks though!

Greg

Bill
24th-May-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Hi Bill,

We've got a Freestyle night on Saturday 31st July but Billco and I are at a friends wedding so won't be there in person, only in spirit :wink:

Bex

:tears: :sad:

well we'll be leaving Beach Boogie on the 31st so that might have tied in very nicely. Have to make another arrangement to make sure I see you both. :flower:

Daisy
24th-May-2004, 05:39 PM
We'll be there....looking forward to seeing you both.

LOL Jane & Ray xxxx:kiss:

Divissima
25th-May-2004, 07:33 AM
TwK and I will be there this Saturday - where else would we be?

Nicola
25th-May-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bex

Hey Bex!!!
I hope me and Paul were going 2 be invited to this ball? Sounds like a good'un! Ready for another night in Twyford I think! Be good to have a catch up X

Bex
25th-May-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Nicola
Hey Bex!!!
I hope me and Paul were going 2 be invited to this ball? Sounds like a good'un! Ready for another night in Twyford I think! Be good to have a catch up X

Hello Sweetie!

Well it wouldn't be a party without you and Paul, obviously! :cheers:

Get the date in your diaries!!!

LOL,
Bex :hug:

Nicola
25th-May-2004, 02:18 PM
Cheers mate! Will do. Paul went to Oz yesterday so I'll book us in on his behalf!

He also starts the police in August so we'll have to make sure he's got that weekend off. :D As for myself I'm unemployed so I'm free as a bird!!! X

Nicola
25th-May-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry guuna get carried away. Not really used 2 this forum stuff but these smilie things are ace :yum:

I'm going to keep writing things so I can use them!:innocent: ( Not sure what that one is but thought it looked quite cool :waycool:

Love to Bill :kiss:

See you both soon :clap:

ChrisA
25th-May-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
TwK and I will be there this Saturday - where else would we be? Well. If you were as stupid as I am, you'd have a prior arrangement that really can't be rearranged.

:tears:

Bex
25th-May-2004, 03:04 PM
:sad: :tears:

Bill
25th-May-2004, 04:04 PM

Love to Bill :kiss:

See you both soon :clap:

shucks....... I hardly know you................. or do you mean BillCo?:blush: :sick:

Well just because he's a great teacher and dancer ....and really nice bloke.......... :rolleyes: ...can I get a handshake at least ??:flower:

Nicola
25th-May-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bill
shucks....... I hardly know you................. or do you mean BillCo?:blush: :sick:

Well just because he's a great teacher and dancer ....and really nice bloke.......... :rolleyes: ...can I get a handshake at least ??:flower:

Defo Bill sorry :flower: Any excuse to use those little smilie things.

I did mean BillCo but lots of love to you to!
:kiss:

I'm a friendly kinda girl :wink:

I'm Nicola by the way-nice to meet you! :hug:

X

Bill
25th-May-2004, 06:07 PM

I did mean BillCo but lots of love to you to!
:kiss:

I'm a friendly kinda girl :wink:

I'm Nicola by the way-nice to meet you! :hug:

X

Ah well, maybe meet up with you and Paul if I'm down over summer. I'll get Bex to introduce us :D

Nicola
25th-May-2004, 06:17 PM
Cool! Good idea :wink:

If your traveling around come and visit Nottingham? Think I may know who you are. . . . . . . . . .Did you win everything at the champs?:worthy:

Barry Shnikov
26th-May-2004, 12:08 AM
Hmmm. Definite possibility I might be there.

(Don't tell Divissima - gave her a hell of a shock when I turned up to Debs' last night...)

TheTramp
26th-May-2004, 12:35 AM
Think I may know who you are. . . . . . . . . .Did you win everything at the champs?:worthy: Yeah. He's the old guy who had a good year :whistle:

Trampy

Nicola
28th-May-2004, 11:23 AM
Arrh yes I know!
Wow Bill is quite the champ :worthy:

Doc Iain
28th-May-2004, 03:31 PM
Hoping to be there myself too!

:cheers:

Divissima
28th-May-2004, 03:38 PM
Looking forward to a dance or three, then Doc!

Doc Iain
28th-May-2004, 03:43 PM
only 3? :wink:

can't i have 4....if i ask real nice?:flower:

spindr
28th-May-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Doc Iain
only 3? :wink:

can't i have 4....if i ask real nice?:flower:

:yeah: (Can I have ChrisA's dances as well, please :) ).

SpinDr.

Divissima
28th-May-2004, 04:02 PM
Oh stop it! :blush:

But if you mean it, they're yours :waycool: :flower:

stewart38
28th-May-2004, 04:37 PM
How many people go to Twyford on bank holidays ? I've never been

Im at loose end either this or Dance Inn Jive at Beaconsfield anyone going to that ,I was told only about 50-60 people go to that ?

Divissima
28th-May-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi Stewart

Twyford is usually pretty busy - always full of great dancers. The last bank holiday I went to was very busy as I recall. If you come along, please identify yourself - always nice to put a face to a name!

Hope that helps.

stewart38
29th-May-2004, 12:57 AM
Hi Stewart

Twyford is usually pretty busy - always full of great dancers. The last bank holiday I went to was very busy as I recall. If you come along, please identify yourself - always nice to put a face to a name!

Hope that helps.

It might sway me just wonder if anyone heard of dance in in berkhampsted

ChrisA
29th-May-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh stop it! :blush:

But if you mean it, they're yours :waycool: :flower:

Oi :mad: :mad: :mad:

No they're not. You have to save them for me. And the ones you deprived me of on Wednesday as well.

Is this marriage on the rocks???? :tears:

Divissima
29th-May-2004, 02:01 PM
Husband #2 wrote:
Oi

No they're not. You have to save them for me. And the ones you deprived me of on Wednesday as well.

Is this marriage on the rocks????
Eh?? :confused:
How can I save them for you if you aren't going to be there??

Can I have eight at Chigwell tomorrow? :flower: :hug:
Jayne may raise a few objections.... :devil:

ChrisA
29th-May-2004, 02:42 PM
Eh?? :confused:
How can I save them for you if you aren't going to be there??

Can I have eight at Chigwell tomorrow? :flower: :hug:

:yeah: - or maybe not necessarily all the saved ones in one night.

Jayne may raise a few objections.... :devil: I'm sure Jayne is capable of finding someone to dance with if I'm dancing with you...

I've not noticed her (or you for that matter) being short of A-list celebs after her if they're present... :worthy:

Daisy
30th-May-2004, 01:29 PM
A great evening Bill & Bex.....lovely to see you both and thanks.

Enjoyed all my dances and it was nice to meet Barry S too.:nice:

Am busy playing with my new laptop.....lucky me.....I am amazed by the speed!

Talking of speed....what a great set of wheels you have there DJ TwK........all we saw was a blurr as you headed off home.

Looking forward to the next time.:flower:

LOL Daisy xx

Doc Iain
30th-May-2004, 01:49 PM
Was a fab night, really enjoyed it too! Great music TwK :clap:
Great dances with George, Helen, Diva, Bex etc.
...not sure we met Daisy... next time!!

Thanks Bill and Bex. :flower: :cheers:

Divissima
30th-May-2004, 07:11 PM
Another memorable Twyford freestyle night. It is a fantastic venue - and Billco, Bex and the team always deliver a great night.

Doc and Barry S - it was lovely to see you both after so long!

Some fabulous dances with Spindr - and we didn't even need to dip into ChrisA's quota :wink: (And many thanks for the video, Neil - very thoughtful of you :hug: )

Mary
31st-May-2004, 09:19 PM
:yeah: Another great night Bill & Bex. Didn't dance with half the number of people I wanted to dance with - not even TwK!!!! Also missed Doc Iain. Hope Nicole was OK - I think she had a bit of a bump. Gutted I had to leave early (some of us have to get up early for work the next day!!:mad: )

Lovely to see George again - Bill, ask her back again soon.:worthy:

:cheers:

M

Mary
19th-June-2004, 11:03 AM
OK, not tonight but next Saturday (26th). I have just heard that it's Twyford party night again, anyone not going to MJC HAS to be there.

AND the one after that is on 31st July - which just happens to be Tony's birthday! Put it in the diary, and anybody any ideas for any devilment? :devil:

M

Bill
19th-June-2004, 03:18 PM
AND the one after that is on 31st July - which just happens to be Tony's birthday! Put it in the diary, and anybody any ideas for any devilment? :devil:

M

And Fran and I should be there on way back from BB ! So hope to meet up with lots of folk.....and Bill & Bex can give me tips for Barcelona as it looks as if I'm going this year :D :cheers: See you soon. :wink:

Mary
19th-June-2004, 09:02 PM
And Fran and I should be there on way back from BB ! So hope to meet up with lots of folk.....and Bill & Bex can give me tips for Barcelona as it looks as if I'm going this year :D :cheers: See you soon. :wink:

Fantastic!!! :clap: :clap: :yum:

M

Bex
22nd-June-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi Bill,

Looking foward to seeing you and Fran!!! Should be a good night!

See you there,
Bex

Bill
22nd-June-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Bill,

Looking foward to seeing you and Fran!!! Should be a good night!

See you there,
Bex

Looking forward to it and I might even remember any new moves I learn at BB :what: :whistle:

Zebra Woman
22nd-June-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey Bill
Are you coming this Saturday, or are you talking about July 31st? :confused:
I need to know. I have a chocolate bar and a choice to make. :drool:

Mary
22nd-June-2004, 08:57 PM
Hey Bill
Are you coming this Saturday, or are you talking about July 31st? :confused:
I need to know. I have a chocolate bar and a choice to make. :drool:

I think I can help you there. Bill means 31st - after Beach Boogie. But come along this Saturday anyway, it's always a great night. But bring the chocolate bar just in case. :D

M

Little Em
25th-June-2004, 11:55 AM
HI MARY!!!!! :grin: :grin:

r u going to b there @ twyford this sat me & al r thinking of going...

where is it?... :blush:

lots of forum peps r going by the sounds of things!!! ...... i dont know anyone :tears: so you will have to introduce yourselves by your forum name!!!!!! :clap:

little em x x :innocent:

Bex
25th-June-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Little mc,

I'll reply quickly on Mary's behalf as she's probably stuck somewhere working hard!! :flower:

Twyford is in Reading, just off Jct 8/9 of the M4, but if you give Billco a call on 07980 556560 he'll give you some good directions from Central way.

Hope you and Alex can make it!!!

Bex :cheers:

Little Em
25th-June-2004, 02:32 PM
thanks bex!!! :cheers:

i think we r deffo coming!!! you will have to introduce yourself!!!!! :grin:

how will you recognise us though!?!?!? :sick:

mmm...... we r both short an blond? :sad: not a good description i know!!!!

ill b wearing my fav red boots.....spot me if you can!!! :wink:

little em x

Mary
25th-June-2004, 08:43 PM
Great to hear you are able to make it littleemc. The venue is very easy to find. Probably easiest to go via M4 (but you can go via M40). Exit J8/9, follow signs to Reading/Maidenhead (dual carriageway). Take 2nd exit off this road again signed Reading/Maidenhead. At roundabout at top of slip take 1st exit signed Reading. Continue along this road for quite a few miles going staight over a couple of roundabouts (not literally!!!). You will then see a sign to Ruscombe just before the Wyevale Garden Centre coming up on the Right. Opposite Wyevale turn Left signed Twyford. This is called London Road. Continue along this road for about half a mile (mind the sharp bend to the R). Loddon Valley Road is the 2nd turning on the Right (road sign is not very clear). Venue is at the bottom of this road.

See you there. :clap:

M

PS Are you going to Northwich next Saturday?