PDA

View Full Version : UK visit - a big thank you

Martin
23rd-May-2004, 11:45 AM
Decided to indulge in a thread as I had such a great time in the UK. A lot of it due to the forum folk. :flower:

Now safely tucked up in the land of Aus.

A big thank you to those who put me up (or is that put up with me) :confused:

On this trip I got to meet lots of "new" dancers - maybe not that new but new to me.

Discovered that dancing had certainly come on a pace in the last few years and met some exceptional dance partners.

Everyone was so welcoming and I have had several fresh offers of accomadation for my next visit (thanks guys) :cheers:

I know Ren and Janet also had a ball and felt so included by all they met.:hug:

A big thanks you also to my lovely demoers who learnt the routines and co-taught in a matter of hours (sometimes minutes).
You were all fantastic.

I would never had considered coming to Scotland had it not been for meeting Linda, and I would not have been at Southport had it not been for the forum where I found out about it, which also meant I was here for the champs (sorry Bill, just had to do the double trouble for a bit of fun):na:
These were highlights of my trip and all due to the forum in a major way.:clap:

Franc - I did question you parental lineage when you made me stand up at the dance party and suggest that people should seek me out for a dance, I have not danced so much in one night for a long time :really: It was a lot of fun though (must get back to those aerobic classes...:sick: )

So to all who I met please do PM me and keep in contact or reply to thread. C2D man don't forget to e-mail me!

To all those I talked to don't forget... if you are considering an Aussie trip I have a spare room...:D

Now when to plan that next trip...

Mary
23rd-May-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey Martin, you'll be sorely missed. Can't wait to meet up again and catch up on all those dances we didn't get a chance to have.:D :tears: :tears:

:hug:
M

Minnie M
23rd-May-2004, 12:27 PM
Looking forward to your next trip :clap:

The forum IS great, you don't seem so far away on here - tell Ren to join we miss him too !

love you lots

Lynda :hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: :cheers: :clap:

Daisy
23rd-May-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi Martin

Glad your all home safe and sound. It was lovely to meet you again and thanks for your help with those lifts.

Ray & I can't wait to get back to Aus and we will deffinately be taking you up on the offer of your spare room.....you've made it sound so inviting.

LOL Jane & Ray xx:kiss:

DangerousCurves
23rd-May-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi Martin!

Nice to see you at Southport... never did work out what you did with that single carrot! :devil:

Take Care :hug:

linda
24th-May-2004, 09:10 PM
Hi Martin

Glad you're home safe and sound:grin: . Yes it was Lily and the forum that brought us together, I was lucky enough to enjoy your company in lovely Sydney.
Everyone up here was delighted that you, Ren and Janet came to visit and dance up here with us poor unfortunates, so far away from London:wink:

Thanks again from me, for the opportunity to demo with you at Camber, a brilliant experience:grin: It was FUN!!

'Haste ye back' as we say north of the Border
love to Ren and Janet

Linda x:kiss:

Tiggerbabe
24th-May-2004, 10:27 PM
Great to finally meet you Martin - and thanks for the dances in Brighton, Peterculter, Aberdeen and Southport (loved the Cha-Cha class) :kiss: Was lovely to meet Ren and Janet too :cheers:

"What Linda said" :wink: (hurry back!)