PDA

View Full Version : Southport Extravadanca 17-20 September

johnah
20th-May-2004, 04:23 PM
The first Extravadanca is being acclaimed [arguably] as the best weekender ever and Jive Addiction are proud to now invite dancers to JIVING YOU WILD! in September.

Another superb line-up of teachers is being brought together, including:

MARC & SIMONE HARDING - owners of Ceroc Australia and current Australian Open Modern Jive Champions.

Dance legends SIMON SELMON & TAINA KORTELAINEN
AMIR & KATE
VIKTOR & CAROL
MIKEY
PETER PHILLIPS
KEITH & JANEY DAVIES
DAVID MARTIN & JAIME
MANDY HENDERSON

With an excellent music-mix being provided by another superb gathering of DJ's, including:

ROGER CHIN
STEVE LAMPERT
PETER PHILLIPS
ROB AMBRIDGE
JOHN BAKER
WES STALA

There is already high demand from dancers wanting to experience another fabulous weekend [around 40% of those present in May re-booked for September before they left Southport]. So, we recommend that you book your place as early as possible to avoid disappointment, because availability will be limited.

We welcome singles, couples, indeed any combination of dancers, and the good news is everyone pays the same price - just £99 per person and NO SUPPLEMENTS!!

• Over 40 hours of dance workshops
• 3 nights of freestyle dancing until at least 4am

JIVING YOU WILD! IS SIMPLY ONE WEEKENDER YOU WILL WANT TO EXPERIENCE - DON'T MISS OUT BY DELAYING TOO LONG. IT'S GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY TOO.

For further info email southport@jiveaddiction.com
see website for all the latest news www.jiveaddiction.com
or call us on 0115 986 8336 or 0115 962 1675.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-May-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by johnah

Dance legends SIMON SELMON & TAINA KORTELAINEN
AMIR & KATE
VIKTOR & CAROL
MIKEY
PETER PHILLIPS
KEITH & JANEY DAVIES
DAVID MARTIN & JAIME
MANDY HENDERSON

What ? no Nigel and Nina ? What no Steve Lampert?(who put the pert in lampert ? er...hayley i think it was :) ) Im sure JohnAH spelt that wrong :)

With an excellent music-mix being provided by another superb gathering of DJ's, including:

ROGER CHIN
STEVE LAMPERT
PETER PHILLIPS
ROB AMBRIDGE
JOHN BAKER
WES STALA

What ? No Dance Demon ? We want Dance Demon ? :)

Whats the theme this time ? I want to win a prize at the party :)

Chicklet
20th-May-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

What about everyone come as their favourite DJ???
That'd be novel.:innocent:

linda
20th-May-2004, 05:55 PM

Absolutely!!!! He's great:grin: and fab to dance with:grin:

Linda:hug:

PS His hugs are brill too:wink:

RoyBoy
20th-May-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
What about everyone come as their favourite DJ???
That'd be novel.:innocent:

That'd be DANCE DEMON - best DJ on the dance scene - by a country mile!!!!:worthy:

Lounge Lizard
20th-May-2004, 06:03 PM
Yup it would be great to see Dance Demon start off the blues room, a flavour of route 66 at southport.
p

Dance Demon
20th-May-2004, 07:14 PM
WOW....:blush: :blush: ........thanks guys....I feel quite humble now.........but I would love to do a stint in the blues room. I spent quite a lot of time in there at the weekend:waycool: ....I've spoken to Wes about getting to do a set, so fingers crossed:D

Lounge Lizard
20th-May-2004, 07:24 PM
No worries DD just send the cheques as agreed :wink: :wink:

Dance Demon
20th-May-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
No worries DD just send the cheques as agreed :wink: :wink:

Damn.....I thought you'd forget about that....:wink: :D

Alfie
21st-May-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
WOW....:blush: :blush: ........thanks guys....I feel quite humble now.........but I would love to do a stint in the blues room. I spent quite a lot of time in there at the weekend:waycool: ....I've spoken to Wes about getting to do a set, so fingers crossed:D
Yipee!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Can't wait Mr Demon. I think you ought to do at least an hour a night:wink: :wink:

johnah
21st-May-2004, 10:00 AM
What ? no Nigel and Nina ? What no Steve Lampert?(who put the pert in lampert ? er...hayley i think it was :) ) Im sure JohnAH spelt that wrong :)

:flower:

OK here's the good news!

Steve Lampert [spelt correctly, cos the Legend "politely" put me right on that score] will be there. :clap:

And, yes, Dance Demon will be with us too!:clap:

Unfortunately, Nigel & Nina are committed elsewhere this September but the good news is, they'll be back next year!:clap:

Theme for the Saturday night Ball well, your suggestions are most welcome. So, far we have: "Wild, Wicked or Wacky" and "Back to School". Think the latter might appeal to Mikey and Madame Sinful????:wink: So, let's be having your ideas and we'll see what we can do.

The Jive Addiction Website www.jiveaddiction.com is undergoing reconstruction but will be up and running again shortly [apologies for that]. Think you will like what you see cos we've tried to make it a little more interesting and interactive. Keep your eyes peeled. If you need to know anything you can email us southport@jiveaddiction.com.

:kiss:

www.jiveaddiction.com
southport@jiveaddiction.com

johnah
21st-May-2004, 10:09 AM

:flower:

OK here's the good news!

Steve Lampert [spelt correctly, cos the Legend "politely" put me right on that score] will be there. :clap:

Unfortunately, Nigel & Nina are committed elsewhere this September but the good news is, they'll be back next year!:clap:

Theme for the Saturday night Ball well, your suggestions are most welcome. So, far we have: "Wild, Wicked or Wacky" and "Back to School". Think the latter might appeal to Mikey and Madame Sinful????:wink: So, let's be having your ideas and we'll see what we can do.

The Jive Addiction Website www.jiveaddiction.com is undergoing reconstruction but will be up and running again shortly [apologies for that]. Think you will like what you see cos we've tried to make it a little more interesting and interactive. Keep your eyes peeled. If you need to know anything you can email us southport@jiveaddiction.com.

:kiss:

www.jiveaddiction.com
southport@jiveaddiction.com

DavidY
21st-May-2004, 11:03 AM
...just £99 per person John, People who booked for September before they left last weekend were offered a discounted rate (£79 pp), and there was another lesser discount (a rate of £89 pp) if we booked by 31 May.

Does this second discount apply to people who weren't on the May weekend but book for September before the end of May?

The Jive Addiction Website www.jiveaddiction.com is undergoing reconstruction but will be up and running again shortly [apologies for that].Are there going to be any photos of the May weekend there?

Thanks,
David

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2004, 11:19 AM

Yeah I knew that, it was a feeble joke about Hayley being pert..ahem..

wahey!

suggestions - hmm we could do a poll, but lets get others to suggest whats on the poll first. I suggest:

superheros
science-fiction
lord of the rings
ill-fitting clothes
70's
circus
er...that'll do :)

linda
21st-May-2004, 11:31 AM
:flower: OK here's the good news! And, yes, Dance Demon will be with us too!:clap:

Well done, John and Wes :flower: DD is just Brilliant!!:worthy:

johnah
21st-May-2004, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidY
[B]John, People who booked for September before they left last weekend were offered a discounted rate (£79 pp), and there was another lesser discount (a rate of £89 pp) if we booked by 31 May.

Does this second discount apply to people who weren't on the May weekend but book for September before the end of May?

Sorry, but no! Wes and I wanted to thank all the dancers who supported us at the first Southport Extravadanca and the discounted rate is exclusive to them as published in the programme.

Hey, at £99 it's still great value and, as dancers/teachers and DJ's have kindly commented, Southport is probably the best weekender yet!

Are there going to be any photos of the May weekend there?

Yes, pics will appear on our reconstructed website and, if anyone's got any good pics, please forward them to me asap at southport@jiveaddiction.com

With just days having passed since we left Southport, September's Jiving You Wild! is attracting a very great deal of enquiries/bookings. So, if you don't want to miss out this time around, you know what to do!

:cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Bill
21st-May-2004, 11:50 AM
Just realised that that weekend is our local holiday :D :clap:

I can come along and not have to rush away early - but don't know if Fran has the day off !

Had a great time and sure Sept will be just as good. Trampy and DD playing Blues.........:worthy:

linda
21st-May-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Bill
Just realised that that weekend is our local holiday :D :clap:

I can come along and not have to rush away early - but don't know if Fran has the day off !

Had a great time and sure Sept will be just as good. Trampy and DD playing Blues.........:worthy:

I hope you and Fran can come in September there's a few of us from Dundee going so it'll be great if you guys can go too:grin:
Maybe I can get my dance and a massage this time?:flower: ( but only if Fran says it's okay!!!!)

xSalsa_Angelx
21st-May-2004, 12:55 PM
So can't wait for the next one already ... roll on September.

Mikey :drool: :drool:

johnah
21st-May-2004, 02:35 PM
[Theme for the Saturday night Ball well, your suggestions are most welcome. So, far we have: "Wild, Wicked or Wacky" and "Back to School".
www.jiveaddiction.com
southport@jiveaddiction.com [/B]
Though some of the outfits worn last Saturday night were brilliant! The guy in the wig with big boobes should have won the 'raunchy' prize in my opinion ... love the idea of Wild, wicked or wacky though... lots of scope!!

My ideas for theme next Sept:

Uniforms of any kind (think of Richard Gere in Officer and Gentlement ladies) :drool:
Carnival
Beach/Caribbean
Pyjamas (or nighties)
Animals
Film Stars

That's it, I've run out of ideas now.

Mikey
21st-May-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
So can't wait for the next one already ... roll on September.

Mikey :drool: :drool:

SalsaAngel,

You've made the Bad Boy of the Forum blush... :blush:

x

TheTramp
21st-May-2004, 03:43 PM
My ideas for theme next Sept:

Uniforms of any kind (think of Richard Gere in Officer and Gentlement ladies) :drool:
Carnival
Beach/Caribbean
Pyjamas (or nighties)
Animals
Film Stars

That's it, I've run out of ideas now. Men in kilts!!! :clap: :whistle:

Trampy

Bill
21st-May-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by linda
I hope you and Fran can come in September there's a few of us from Dundee going so it'll be great if you guys can go too:grin:
Maybe I can get my dance and a massage this time?:flower: ( but only if Fran says it's okay!!!!)

come up early for the next party and I'll book you in for a full body :wink:

Bill
21st-May-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Men in kilts!!! :clap: :whistle:

Trampy

sorry ..........been done :wink: :D

Bill
21st-May-2004, 04:04 PM
what about going as a giant leek ???? ... glad I spotted my typo or we could have gone as a giant leak....... which would have been very messy :what:

xSalsa_Angelx
21st-May-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
SalsaAngel,

You've made the Bad Boy of the Forum blush... :blush:

x

:rofl: Not as much as I made you blush when wearing that wee short skirt at the sinful class :D

xSalsa_Angelx
21st-May-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Men in kilts!!! :clap: :whistle:

Trampy

Only if your a true scotsman :D missed when you lifted your kilt up :rofl:

Mikey
22nd-May-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
:rofl: Not as much as I made you blush when wearing that wee short skirt at the sinful class :D

Hey that was not me blushing, it was my blood presure going sky high seeing you do the sinful moves in that little skirt:yum:

I was on the brink of requesting a private dance though:whistle:

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-May-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Hey that was not me blushing, it was my blood presure going sky high seeing you do the sinful moves in that little skirt:yum:

I was on the brink of requesting a private dance though:whistle:

Tee Hee :drool:

Ah well then you were a bit slow then were ya? :rofl:
maybe next time in Southport?? will have new skirts for next time :yum:
unless ya fancy a trip to Aberdeen :rofl: