PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Showtime 12th/13th June

Franck
20th-May-2004, 10:55 AM
Announcing Glasgow Showtime, a Week-end of workshops and partying with Guest teacher: Emma Pettitt (Multiple showcase and Team Cabaret winner)

• Saturday 12th June:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Style & Musicality - Dance development, style and music interpretation.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Latin Footwork. Learning footwork techniques inspired by all the latin dances...

Saturday night is Showtime!
Party from 8.00pm to 1.00am at the Henry Wood Hall.
Theme is Musicals, Cabaret and all that Jazz...
Including a class from our guest teacher, a showcase and extra surprises, this will be our best monthly party ever in Glasgow.
Admission for the party will be by ticket only. Tickets will be £8.00.

• Sunday 13th June:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Introduction to Choreography - Ideal for anyone planning a Team Cabaret / Showcase or to improve your musical awareness.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Tango Teaser - Adding Tango moves and Style to your dancing.

Special workshops for Beginners / Recent intermediates
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Beginners + - The next step, using the Beginners moves to develop confidence, style and technique (ideal for anyone with 4 to 20 weeks experience). Teacher: Lisa Stott.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Leading & Following for Beginners - A primer in Leading and Following technique for new dancers or anyone who would like to develop the basic skills to lead / follow better, smoother and with more clarity.Teacher Franck Pauly

Each 2 hour workshop costs 12.50 per person
Alternatively, you can choose from 2 package deals:
Silver package: any 2 workshops + the party for £30.00
Gold package: Any 4 workshops + the party for £50.00.

Tiggerbabe
21st-May-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Franck

Saturday night is Showtime!
Party from 8.00pm to 1.00am at the Henry Wood Hall.
Theme is Musicals, Cabaret and all that Jazz...

All That Jazz eh? Gosh, wonder what I could wear? :wink: :whistle: :innocent:

Forte
21st-May-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Sheena

Your black wig that you wore for the oriental look in Dundee just before Christmas does have shades of Catherine Zeta Jones...:wink:

Bill
21st-May-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

what about matching cabaret outfits ....... haven't worn the high heels and fishnets for ages :D Sally Bowles look out:rolleyes: :cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Forte
Your black wig that you wore for the oriental look in Dundee just before Christmas does have shades of Catherine Zeta Jones...:wink:

i think Sheena may have been sarcastic as the 'Scintillating Sinners' All that Jazz routine required her to wear 40-odd articles of related clothing :)

If its musicals too i can wear my cats outfit again, even if it does look naff :)

Bill
21st-May-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
If its musicals too i can wear my cats outfit again, even if it does look naff :)

I thought you looked pretty good in your cat outfit...... not as cute as Fi of course :wink: :grin:

ElaineB
21st-May-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill
I thought you looked pretty good in your cat outfit...... not as cute as Fi of course :wink: :grin:

And how far is Glasgow from Bristol?? I have a tail that I could don! :rofl:

Elaine

Nick M
23rd-May-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ElaineB
And how far is Glasgow from Bristol??

a fiver on easyjet if you book far enough in advance

Bill
23rd-May-2004, 08:29 PM
And how far is Glasgow from Bristol?? I have a tail that I could don! :rofl:

Elaine

Now there's an interesting image :D :innocent:

Will you wear that if I get down to Bristol over summer ??????

ElaineB
23rd-May-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Now there's an interesting image :D :innocent:

Will you wear that if I get down to Bristol over summer ??????

Oooh yes, if you so desire! ;)

Or, you can choose from one of my many corsets! A sixth one is being sewn together as we type! :D

So, what are the chances of you coming to Bristol then? The Ladies are dying to meet you - your ears should have been burning last night.........

We are hoping to come up to Scotland for your Champs., but there almost too many things to sort to shake your tail at! But if we do, keep a dance for me - please? :flower:

Elaine

Bill
23rd-May-2004, 09:15 PM
Oooh yes, if you so desire! ;)

Or, you can choose from one of my many corsets! A sixth one is being sewn together as we type! :D

We are hoping to come up to Scotland for your Champs
Elaine

Great news ..... a new corset and you and the Bristol ladies at the Champs :D

You'll have a great time here in August. The Edinburgh festival might be on so there will plenty to do if you have a few days to spare. It's much more of a party time and of course all the profits go to charity so a wonderful fun day.

Hope to make it down over summer as well so maybe see you in Bristol.

:hug:

Franck
4th-June-2004, 05:37 PM
Quick update to say I've added 2 workshops for Beginners / Recent intermediates.

Sunday 13th June:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Beginners + - The next step, using the Beginners moves to develop confidence, style and technique (ideal for anyone with 4 to 20 weeks experience). Teacher: Lisa Stott.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Leading & Following for Beginners - A primer in Leading and Following technique for new dancers or anyone who would like to develop the basic skills to lead / follow better, smoother and with more clarity.Teacher Franck Pauly

Bookings are going fast, and remember you need a ticket for the party, so don't delay.
Emma is an incredible dancer and a fab teacher, you'll kick yourself if you miss her! :D

Dance Demon
11th-June-2004, 07:12 PM
can anyone tell me......are the workshops in the HenryWood hall too....or are they somewhere else?.....don't want to turn up at the wrong place :nice: ....

Franck
11th-June-2004, 07:16 PM
can anyone tell me......are the workshops in the HenryWood hall too....or are they somewhere else?.....don't want to turn up at the wrong place :nice: ....Sorry DD,

I thought I had replied to your Private Message :blush:

All the workshops are taking place in the Glasgow University Union, 32 University Avenue (Regular Wednesday night venue).

Dance Demon
11th-June-2004, 08:01 PM
Cheers Franck...see you tomorrow.... :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Dance Demon
13th-June-2004, 12:37 PM
Jjust had to say it.......had a truly brilliant day yesterday.....the two workshops were brill.....and Emma :drool: ...absolutely amazing......where does she get all that energy.......Great party night too, probably one of the better ones I've been to in Glasgow. Great music CJ.despite being knackered after a week on the road with the band :waycool: ...and loads of fab dances ...especially the one with Emma....( :drool: again)......nice to see a load of forumites, .....Wendy & Graham, Aleks & Azande, Sheena, Linda, Heather, James & Melanie', Lindsay, Grant ...to name but a few......oh and Trampy of course ...........Great day Franck, and well done for organising yet another great weekend of workshops. I''ts really nice to get some different teaching from some of the top teachers from around the country :waycool:

TheTramp
13th-June-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah. Totally agree with DD. Fantastic weekend. Just a shame that my knee stopped me doing as much of the workshops as I'd have liked. Fantastic teaching by Emma in such a lovely and fun manner (how does she shake "it" that quickly????).

Great night too - one of the best Glasgow parties. Loads of great dancers, great music. What a fantastic weekend :D

Trampy

Bill
13th-June-2004, 10:14 PM
Agree with Tramp and DD but only disppointed that there weren't more people at the workshops :sad:

With the quality of the workshops I can't think of any dancers who wouldn't have taken something away to think about - even some great little style points for basic moves and some wonderful 'latin' footwork moves.

Hot again in the hall but some great dances and great dancers. :flower:

Grant
14th-June-2004, 03:12 PM
Agree with Tramp and DD but only disppointed that there weren't more people at the workshops :sad:

:yeah:
Emma is an excellent teacher and an amazing dancer :waycool:
and it is a shame there were not more people at the workshops. :sad:

Grant

TheTramp
14th-June-2004, 03:22 PM
Actually, I was quite happy with the number of people at the workshops. Much more personal.

Not sure that Franck would agree of course :wink:

Trampy

Forte
14th-June-2004, 03:25 PM
:yeah:
Emma is an excellent teacher and an amazing dancer :waycool:
and it is a shame there were not more people at the workshops. :sad:

Grant

I was on a first aid course and so missed it :tears: however the good news is that the next time you sprain something I will know what to do with it! :rofl:

sassy1
15th-June-2004, 12:49 AM
Oooooohhhhhhhh sore thighs, bahooky shaken many times and many ways :wink: sore knees, and a big smile :grin: :wink: :grin:

WHAT !!

Yes, I was at the workshops and the big Jazz Party at the weekend; it was fantastic, a big, big thank you to Emma and NIck, they made the classes very enjoyable - lots of new things to think about and practice, had lots of laughs as well :grin: :clap:
Please come back to Scotland soon :flower:
The party was brilliant - hardly sat dowm - - sore feet by the end of the night ! :clap:

Well done Franck - the weekend was amazing, plenty to do, good company, we all enjoyed the coffee and cakes at the Sunday class, thank you very much :clap: :flower:

Grant
15th-June-2004, 02:05 PM
I was on a first aid course and so missed it :tears: however the good news is that the next time you sprain something I will know what to do with it! :rofl:
well now that you mention it... :innocent: :whistle: :D
:cheers:
Grant