PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Champs...places to stay!

Little Em
19th-May-2004, 05:03 PM
can anybody help?!?!? :confused:

coming up to the champs and have no idea where to stay ...........anybody have any numbers they want to pass on.............

anywhere will do!! well.......................... as long as its clean of course!!

:what:

let me know!!!

little em x :innocent:

Jive Brummie
19th-May-2004, 05:32 PM
Come on folks...help little-em and alex. They're a couple of stars who'll make for great viewing at the scottish comp. Melanie and i would have but i can't think of the name of the place we stayed. It was some travel inn near a service station i think, not too far from musselborough????

James & Melanie x x

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 08:30 PM
Don't worry James, help is at hand - have already contacted Little-Em re the hotel the MAd crew are staying at.

Really difficult this year to get accomodation as it's the Edinburgh Festival at the same time as the comp and most places are already booked.

There are still a few B&Bs in Musselburgh itself though :grin:

Will be fantastic if they make it up to the comp as they were great to watch in London :clap: :clap:

Little Em
20th-May-2004, 08:34 AM
thanks guys!! :grin:

hopefully we will have somewhere to stay shortly!!! didn realise places were booked up!! :really:

cant wait to come up! it was fantastic to win the intermediate.....

i think we will prob enter the open aswell , ok well give it a go anyhow.....does this mean stiff comp from james an mel?!?? :sick:

cant wait it will all b such fun!!! :clap: :clap:

does anybody know who else is entering the showcase ......!!!!!? maybe mary, do we have any other takers !!!

little em x x:innocent:

TheTramp
20th-May-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by littleemc-central
i think we will prob enter the open aswell , ok well give it a go anyhow.....does this mean stiff comp from james an mel?!?? :sick: Don't know about James and Mel, but Hayley and I will be entering the Open.

She's not bad, but I'm just a beginner, so you should be okie :D

Trampy

Heather
20th-May-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
D Hayley and I will be entering the Open.

She's not bad, but I'm just a beginner, so you should be okie :D

Trampy

:sick: :sick:

It's about time you stopped that beginner s**t Trampy !!
It sure ****es people off!!!!

:hug:
Heather.

TheTramp
20th-May-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:sick: :sick:

It's about time you stopped that beginner s**t Trampy !!
It sure ****es people off!!!! Ummm....

Did we get out of bed this morning on the wrong side then Heather??

Is it really that big a deal that you need to be swearing on the forum about it?? :what:

Trampy

Little Em
20th-May-2004, 12:50 PM
now now!!!! :confused:

i still need some accommodation here guys!! sheena if ur out there i have text you!!!

x x:innocent:

Tiggerbabe
20th-May-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm here, checked phone but no text - pm me :flower: :flower:
I have a number for a B&B as well, that still has some available accomodation for Friday and Saturday night.

linda
20th-May-2004, 06:08 PM
She's not bad, but I'm just a beginner, so you should be okie :DTrampy

I think there's going to be a lot of begginers this year Steve:wink: Do you think we should ask Scott for a separate 'Begginers' section?:flower:

Linda
:hug:

TheTramp
20th-May-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by linda
I think there's going to be a lot of begginers this year Steve:wink: Do you think we should ask Scott for a separate 'Begginers' section?:flower: Definitely.

Maybe I could judge it!!!

Trampy

linda
20th-May-2004, 06:16 PM
Great to hear you're coming up, littleem:grin: Dave H ( Scooby doo ) and I came 4th in London so we were dancing at the same time as you guys in the intermediate, but did see the showcase...:worthy: :worthy:
Sheena will sort out the accommodation for you and hopefully you'll be with the Dundee MAd Crew... I'm the quiet one:wink: Look forward to meeting up with you.

Linda:cheers:

linda
20th-May-2004, 06:19 PM
Definitely.

Maybe I could judge it!!!

Trampy

Dance and judge it!!!!:wink: only if I get to as well:grin:

Linda:hug:

Little Em
21st-May-2004, 09:18 AM
hey linda!! thanks for the support!! :grin:

ooh!! we were competing were we?!!? ill meet u at the champs in august!! just booked flights an accommodation,.......... with the help from the lovely sheena!! :nice:

cant wait now!!

the showcase was alex and emma pettitt!! but me & alex danced in the int!! their showcase is fantastic! dont think ours will b of that standard for champs in august but we will certainly do our best!!!! :yum:

Little Em
21st-May-2004, 10:13 AM
can anyone help again!! :sick:

i have booked flights for the champs, but now have realised i dont know hw im getting from edin airport to the b&b in albert terrace!!! in mussellburgh!!

anyone have any names an numbers of taxis?!?!! there will b 6 of us!

cheers guys and girls! x x

Mary
21st-May-2004, 11:15 AM
Sheena has come to our rescue with accomm. as well, so I suppose I should book flights pretty soon if it's Edinburgh festival as well. I was going to hire a car from the airport so if flight times match we could do a car share.

Oh heck, I'm getting nervous at the thought of it already.:what:

Thanks Sheena, btw, you're a star.:flower:

M

PS. Anybody want a dance partner - any category?

Little Em
21st-May-2004, 11:26 AM
ye sheena you r a star! ;)

well mary..... there is 6 of us!!! our flight gets into edinburgh @ 8pm on the fri 13th ((ooh errr!):(

when u book your flights let me know the times!!

i know im getting all nervous an excited aswell! :sick: :yum: :grin:

r u doing the showcase?!?!...... i haven heard anything back from scott on how to enter??! any ideas.............

i need to book my tickets too now!! ..... but for some reason i cant download, is there any other way of getting the entry forms, can anybody email it to me but not in PDF form!!!

x x x:innocent:

DavidY
21st-May-2004, 01:31 PM
i need to book my tickets too now!! ..... but for some reason i cant download, is there any other way of getting the entry forms, can anybody email it to me but not in PDF form!!! Emma,

I don't know whether you are getting the same problem, but on my PC, when I click directly on a PDF link, it doesn't work.

However if I right-click on the link and select the "Save Target As" option, I can save the PDF somewhere on my PC and then open it from there using Acrobat Reader.

Worth a try if you haven't tried this already.

David
PS Thanks for a lovely dance last night. :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2004, 01:48 PM
PDFs? on a website..cant read them ? no problem - copy the URL of said PDF into here (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_simple_form.html) and have it converted to html.

(even easier - if you search for keywords that identify the website in google, chances are you can simply click on 'view as html' and google will do it instantly)

littleemc: Im sure there will be plenty people able to give you a lift out to musselburgh, and you can get the free bus into the centre first. Are you talking about the day of the competition ? or the day before ?

Little Em
21st-May-2004, 01:49 PM
still cant do it off my computer!!! :confused:

any computer wizards out there.....ok anyone who knows even a little about these things!! :what:

is there another way i can get hold of a entry form.....

x x

Little Em
21st-May-2004, 01:54 PM
hey smurf!!
thanks for info though still cant do it.... i think im stupid! :tears: :tears:

ok there is a free bus into the city centre is there?!?! ....ah new news to me! brill! anyone out there with a people carrier , minibus or similar to fit in 6 peps!! i pay well in dances!! :wink:

......ok or at least a taxi number just in case no one loves us an we get stranded!! :tears: ..........:wink:

any more ideas on how to get entry form .......:cheers:

DavidY
21st-May-2004, 02:13 PM
any more ideas on how to get entry form .......:cheers: Emma,

I'm expect there are folk out there who can get the technology to work for you.

If that doesn't work though, are you going to Rugby next Thursday? I think I'm going - if you haven't sorted it by then, I think I should be able to print one out and hand it to you on paper... Not exactly a technological solution, I admit. :blush:

David

DavidY
21st-May-2004, 02:14 PM
i pay well in dances!! :wink: :yeah: :wink:

Little Em
21st-May-2004, 02:17 PM
thank you for being sooo kind!! :flower:

though trampy is going to send a few forms in the post to me so that i can have the 'real' thing!............:wink:
ha ha

i enjoyed dane too!! :grin:
it was nice to see sharon an ben there aswell!! ben is brill dancer, he certainly wore me out!! :yum:

anybody out there with any taxi numbers yet..........
x x

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2004, 02:31 PM
oops did i say free bus...wrong airpot :) think it costs £3 return or something, still not too expensive.

urk thats a horrible conversion...what browser do you use that you cant view pdfs ? did u follow the link to load adobe acrobat ?

go here to see ceroc form as html (http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:cAuPjJjhH9cJ:www.cerocnet.co.uk/images/Ceroc%2520Champs%25202004%2520PBC.pdf+%22nationwid e+charity+providing+information,+support+and+help+ to+sufferers%22&hl=en)

one o'clock gun
22nd-May-2004, 03:05 AM
Taxi Number for Musselburgh.

Dash Taxi's 0131 665 1000 have Mini buses.

Mini bus from Airport to Musselburgh Approx £15.00 I should think.
Dont go to via city centre, its quicker on the city By pass.

Albert Drive is about 1 mile from Venue.

Have a great time

Mary
22nd-May-2004, 01:28 PM
Would you believe it! I checked prices of flights to Edinburgh yesterday, then went to book them today and the return flight had increased overnight!!!

Also checked car hire prices - astronomical, comparatively. Must be the season. Taxi's seem a much cheaper option. Thanks for the 'phone number.

I've gone for lunchtime flight on the Friday so we'll be there before you littleemc!

I've downloaded the application form, but there is no provision for the showcase!! Have emailed so will pass on info. Will pm you littleemc

See you all there I hope.

M

Little Em
24th-May-2004, 08:30 AM
thanks for taxi number 'gun'!! :flower:

hi mary! hows u! the prices do fluctuate quite a bit dont they!!! did u check out easyjet they have good prices!!!

me & my troops r all booked up now!! ooh im even more excited now!!
i have written down that taxi number..... i think it will b cheaper the cars r pretty expensive aren they!!

i have emailed scott bout showcase aswell....but still had no reply...who did u email?...... let em know if u find anything out!!

:grin:

me & alex r going to newcastle freestyle thing on the 19th june!! is anybody else?!!?
:cheers:

little em x:innocent:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-June-2004, 03:58 PM
me & alex r going to newcastle freestyle thing on the 19th june!! is anybody else?!!?

nope, missed it..was it good ? :)

Where'd the 'whos going to Scottish Champs thread ' go ? Apparantly B.T.C. Bill is off somewhere and cant be there
- so half the females may now change their mind :)

Little Em
21st-June-2004, 04:09 PM
yes we did go to newcastle freestyle..... we performed our routine there...

we had a fantastic time there... everyone was so friendly... credit to the venue!! :grin:

was tired though on the sunday after all those fab dances!!!! then had a 4 hr drive back!! :sick:

em x x :innocent:

Dance Demon
21st-June-2004, 06:46 PM
T
Mini bus from Airport to Musselburgh Approx �15.00 I should think.
Dont go to via city centre, its quicker on the city By pass.

Reckon it will cost a bit more than £15.00..........I got a taxi to the airport recently, and I live next to the by-pass and it cost about £15.00 and musselburgh is about twice the distance than my house....... :what:

Little Em
22nd-June-2004, 08:29 AM
ooh thanks for the tip!!!

miht have to convince some nice kind person to pick us up from the airport!!!
tramp,............. :whistle: ???

x

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-June-2004, 09:33 AM
miht have to convince some nice kind person to pick us up from the airport!!!

I can possibly do this - or im sure we can find someone else coming past the airport....more details please...how many of you, when arriving etc.. ?

Little Em
22nd-June-2004, 09:36 AM
ok here goes......!!

there are 6 of us altogether!! ....we will be landing 8pm on the friday night!!!!

we r staying at a place in albert terrace, musselburgh?.........

x :grin:

Nicola
22nd-June-2004, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=littleemc-central]ok here goes......!!

there are 6 of us altogether!! ....

Hey Em!
Who's going with you? Are there still tickets available? How much are flights and accomdation? Thinking of coming along myself! :clap:

Little Em
22nd-June-2004, 10:36 AM
yeah!! :clap: come with us...... me & al r bringing our parents along with us to watch as they haven been to champs before!!!

flights we have were £50 each return!! with easyjet........ we will b there fri to monday!! :grin:

cant wait now...... 8 weeks to go ish!! :sick:

em x x

Nicola
22nd-June-2004, 10:40 AM
Really think I might! Yay :clap: Promised tramp I'd arrange a visit! Maybe we cud all stay at his :wink: Being poor and all!
I've just text you. R you coming to night? If you are give me all the details, flights etc and I'll try and sort it out tomorrow. :cheers: Maybe I could even enter something? The possibilities are endless!

Nicola
22nd-June-2004, 10:43 AM
Ooh while I remember, just had a message from Mr Ellard himself, go buy the Daily Mirror. Big spread on Ceroc featuring Adam!

Mary
22nd-June-2004, 08:54 PM
Don't know if this is any use to anyone but spoke to a very nice helpful chap at a car rental place in Edinburgh. Taxis cost a bomb, they do a reasonable rate and do not hike the rates for Edinburgh festival week. They are off airport so would have to get taxi to them, but they take you back to the airport when you drop off the car. They can deliver the car to the airport at an extra charge, but taxi is cheaper. They do cars up to MPV and 12-seater minibuses. I have used a local branch of this firm and they were very good. A small car is £21 per day or £45 for a weekend (Friday to Monday). They are called Practical. www.practical.co.uk

Would accept a volunteer to pick us up but I think everyone will be at work when we are arriving! :wink:

M

Tiggerbabe
23rd-June-2004, 12:15 AM
Would accept a volunteer to pick us up but I think everyone will be at work when we are arriving! :wink:
M
So what time do you arrive Mary? Don't think I'll be in Musselburgh much before 8 pm. :blush:

Mary
24th-June-2004, 07:52 PM
So what time do you arrive Mary? Don't think I'll be in Musselburgh much before 8 pm. :blush:

Our flight arrives about 3 pm - when most people are still at work. So I guess we'll see you at the hotel or the venue.

M