PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 25th May Shoreham

davidh
17th-May-2004, 10:58 AM
Penny, one of the regulars at the Tuesday LeRoc class in Shoreham (near Brighton) is organising a beginners night on the 25th May.

We are inviting as many new people as possible so we can introduce them to the joys of MJ.

As a result we also need more experienced dancers to guide the beginners.

The class is held at Shoreham Community Centre and starts at 7:30 with a beginners routine taught by Graham LeClerc. This will be followed by free-style until 11.00. The bar will be open and, as Penny also fund raises for Save the Children, there will be a raffle.

Tickets are £6 on the door, proceeds from the evening will be donated to Save The Children.

Minnie M
18th-May-2004, 07:35 AM
How about this ......... (received email from Albert this morning)

Graham Leclerc but he is putting on his last Monday night (ever ) at the City Gate centre on Monday 24th May

davidh
18th-May-2004, 09:22 AM
Yes, Graham announced it at the Monday class yesturday, also believe he is finishing the Thursday class at Shoreham. Very sorry to see the Monday class end but understandable given the numbers attending.

Will you be going to Shoreham on Tuesday ? Any suggestions on how to persaude more people to go ?

Rentaghost
18th-May-2004, 10:17 PM
I can't believe that the Citygate Centre is closing. It was where I first learnt to dance and it seemed so popular at the time. I really missed the venue when I moved away three years ago. I had heard that it wasn't the same but found it hard to understand how much it had changed.

Where does everyone in Brighton go dancing now?

S

Minnie M
19th-May-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Rentaghost

For most of us - not in Brighton ! (well certainly the Brighton forumites)

I started at the Monday class many many many many years ago, at the same time as Mikey (who was the DJ at the time)

- reveal yourself Rentaghost, we must know you :wink:

Dutchginger
19th-May-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by davidh
Very sorry to see the Monday class end

All I will say is......watch this space...:whistle:

Chickadee
20th-May-2004, 10:04 PM

S

City Gate is still running on a Tuesday which is taught by Adam and Toni, I've been going there for a while now and it's a great evening for those who just want short classes but longer time for freestyle. There are also far more women than men so would be great to see more men there! :wink:

Andy McGregor
20th-May-2004, 10:49 PM

Until recently I would have said that you see as many good Brighton dancers at Hipsters in Ealing as you would at any venue in Brighton - and Ealing is 80 miles away which gives a clue about the Brighton dance scene:tears:

But the good news is that the new Fridays at the King Alfred are well attended with around 100 dancers there the last time I went. It's early days but it looks like Viktor's class is popular:waycool:

At long last we've got a night worth going to that doesn't involve 3 hours in the car - well done Mr Duckett (with a 'D'):clap:

Andy

p.s. Sue and I will still be going to Hipsters on a Wednesday as it's the absolute best class anywhere we've ever been to - but, speaking personally and selfishly, I'd rather everyone else stayed away as we've got just the right number of dancers there at the moment:wink:

Minnie M
20th-May-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Chickadee
City Gate is still running on a Tuesday which is taught by Adam and Toni, I've been going there for a while now and it's a great evening for those who just want short classes but longer time for freestyle. There are also far more women than men so would be great to see more men there! :wink:

:confused: :really: :rofl:

davidh
24th-May-2004, 01:25 PM
Final reminder about Tuesday's class in Shoreham. We are expecting lots of new people and with the bar open and dancing until 11pm should be a great night. All welcome.