PDA

View Full Version : Southport Directions ... NOTE !!!

Mikey
12th-May-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi ya,

anyone who is travelling up from the Southerly direction, just a note for you, so you don't go wrong...

When you get to the end of the M57, you will see a sign for Southport.. don't take it thinking thats where you want to be... catches lots of people out first time .. look for the actual A5036..

Also personally I have found in the past that avoiding the M6 and Birmingham is a bonus.. so i tend to go up the M1 to junction 24A and cut across the A50 towards Stoke on trent.. throught the town and onto the M6.. misses out Birmingham.. mind you all depends on how the M1 fairs that day too..:confused:

still... if only we had the Helicopter to use, but it's been serviced right now.. bummer..:whistle:

Danger Mouse
12th-May-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Mikey

Also personally I have found in the past that avoiding the M6 and Birmingham is a bonus.. so i tend to go up the M1 to junction 24A and cut across the A50 towards Stoke on trent.. throught the town and onto the M6.. misses out Birmingham..

The A5036 advise is very useful thanks. :grin:

But Mickey you're behind the times, have you not heard of the 'M6 TOLL' for £2 (car peak) you avoid Birmingham completely. It always clear and rather underutilised at the moment.

btw can't wait for your 'sinful' class :wink:

Mikey
12th-May-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Danger Mouse
The A5036 advise is very useful thanks. :grin:

But Mickey you're behind the times, have you not heard of the 'M6 TOLL' for £2 (car peak) you avoid Birmingham completely. It always clear and rather underutilised at the moment.

btw can't wait for your 'sinful' class :wink:

Thanks DM, i was aware of it but had forgotten completely.. so good tip...

I hope you do enjoy the sinful class, you can help ease the shock to some of the virgins at the class.. :rofl:

Mikey
12th-May-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
you can help ease the shock to some of the virgins at the class.. :rofl:

Did i really say that :blush:

johnah
12th-May-2004, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mikey
[B]Hi ya,

anyone who is travelling up from the Southerly direction, just a note for you, so you don't go wrong...

When you get to the end of the M57, you will see a sign for Southport.. don't take it thinking thats where you want to be... catches lots of people out first time .. look for the actual A5036..

Also personally I have found in the past that avoiding the M6 and Birmingham is a bonus.. so i tend to go up the M1 to junction 24A and cut across the A50 towards Stoke on trent.. throught the town and onto the M6.. misses out Birmingham.. mind you all depends on how the M1 fairs that day too..:confused:

Directions excellent Mikey, but may I add…

At end of M57, keep your eyes out for the A565 towards Liverpool and the BROWN TOURIST signs - Resort Attractions/docks - follow these to the traffic lights where you turn right on A565 to Southport. Keep following the coastal route and you'll end up outside the front door. Hope you all have a good journey.

:cheers:

stewart38
13th-May-2004, 01:15 PM
re 'M6 TOLL' for £2 (car peak) you avoid Birmingham completely. It always clear and rather underutilised at the moment.

Im heading up from M40

Do i go left M42 then M6 or right M42 M5 then M6

They look on the map about the same distance ?

I hope to miss the rush hour

:sick:

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2004, 02:10 PM
Any chance of directions from the north???

Dave

Dreadful Scathe
13th-May-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Any chance of directions from the north???

Im just using the directions on the website, seem easy enough - except for some reason it suggests you go onto the A585 when it clearly means the A565 :) Just go off at M6/Junction 31 ... i think it was and go all the way down the coast road until you go past Southport , then you turn off into the holiday park and keep driving till you get to America.

Everyone ignores the last bit of directions dont they ? :)

Leaving Glasgow at about 16:15 on Friday if anyone needs a lift !

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Everyone ignores the last bit of directions dont they ? :)

Leaving Glasgow at about 16:15 on Friday if anyone needs a lift !
Planning to leave at 4'ish, race you!!!!!

Chicklet
13th-May-2004, 02:53 PM
oh good, you boys get there just before me to help me park:D

Tiggerbabe
14th-May-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Put the kettle on when you get there will you Dave? :grin: think I'll need a cuppa by the time we reach Southport - not leaving Dundee till about 6 :tears: :tears:

Danger Mouse
14th-May-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by stewart38
re 'M6 TOLL' for £2 (car peak) you avoid Birmingham completely. It always clear and rather underutilised at the moment.

Im heading up from M40

Do i go left M42 then M6 or right M42 M5 then M6

They look on the map about the same distance ?

I hope to miss the rush hour

:sick:

S38,

M40, then M42 North keep going up to M42 J9 and join the 'M6 Toll' avoiding Birmingham, you emerge on the M6 just north of J12.

Have a nice journey up

Dance Demon
14th-May-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
oh good, you boys get there just before me to help me park:D

You mean you actually intend parking the shiny red Chicletmobile........won't you just leave it looking abandoned, like you usually do...?....:D

Minnie M
1st-June-2005, 11:00 PM
Thought I would dig this thread out

Lynn
2nd-June-2005, 12:16 AM
Thought I would dig this thread out Good idea. We did follow Southport signs last time driving from Liverpool airport via hire car (the driver preferred to do that as he felt it was easier) - it maybe added an extra 15mins to the journey I suppose as we had to go north to Southport then double back down the coast to Pontins, but also took us past a large Tescos somewhere in Southport and we were able to stock up on supplies.

stewart38
3rd-June-2005, 11:40 AM

Given the M6 was a car park last year, going up on the friday lets hope everyone drives at a safe sound speed and any accidents happen on another day

Rhythm King
3rd-June-2005, 12:12 PM
Given the M6 was a car park last year, going up on the friday lets hope everyone drives at a safe sound speed and any accidents happen on another day

hmm, wish I could travel up at the speed of sound, especially after last year :sad: And no tendering angels to keep me sane in the car this time :tears: