PDA

View Full Version : Bristol 2004

Lou
11th-May-2004, 08:06 AM
Now that Hammersmith is a fading memory, I'd like to remind everyone about the upcoming "Bristol" competition, which this year is being held in Weston super Mare on the weekend of 16/17 July.

Jenni's asked me to point out their website (http://www.leroc2000.co.uk) for more information.

It'd be great to see you all again! :grin:

Andy McGregor
11th-May-2004, 10:26 AM
I'd just like to say what great people the organisers are!

When I looked on the website last week the cost was £18 for the competition and £20 for the evening dance - £38 for the whole event compared to £25 for every other competition!!!

So, being the shy retiring type I called Sharif to ask him what I was getting for my extra £13:devil: For us people with a long way to go that dance would have been very expensive as we'd only have stayed for a couple of hours:tears:

What great people Jenni and Sharif must be:clap: If you follow this link (http://www.leroc.net/leroc2000/Championship/packages.htm) you'll see that entry is now £25 up 'til the 1st June and £30 after that. Well done guys, it's really nice when people listen and respond so quickly:worthy:

It's even nicer when it saves £13:whistle:

So, Sue and I are going. I know Daisy and Ray are. Quite a few other couples I've seen recently are going. Who else?

p.s. For this competition Sheepster and I are too young to enter the Seniors Section - I'm not sure if that's good or bad:confused:

under par
11th-May-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor

Sharon and I are going toooo!:yeah:

DavidB
11th-May-2004, 11:22 AM
I'll be there with Lily - judging. If you agree with the results, then buy me a drink. Any complaints then see Lily.

David

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
I'll be there with Lily - judging. If you agree with the results, then buy me a drink. Any complaints then see Lily.

David Well post them then - otherwise how can we know whether we agree with them? :whistle:

ElaineB
11th-May-2004, 12:07 PM

When I looked on the website last week the cost was £18 for the competition and £20 for the evening dance - £38 for the whole event compared to £25 for every other competition!!!

So, being the shy retiring type I called Sharif to ask him what I was getting for my extra £13:devil: For us people with a long way to go that dance would have been very expensive as we'd only have stayed for a couple of hours:tears:

What great people Jenni and Sharif must be:clap: If you follow this link (http://www.leroc.net/leroc2000/Championship/packages.htm) you'll see that entry is now £25 up 'til the 1st June and £30 after that. Well done guys, it's really nice when people listen and respond so quickly:worthy:

It's even nicer when it saves £13:whistle:

So, Sue and I are going. I know Daisy and Ray are. Quite a few other couples I've seen recently are going. Who else?

p.s. For this competition Sheepster and I are too young to enter the Seniors Section - I'm not sure if that's good or bad:confused:

Andy, it will be great to see you up this way and any other forumites who can get to Weston-Super-Mare. The venue has an excellent floor - one of the main XMAS balls is held here every year. Loads of room and excellent loos!!!

See you there, if not sooner.

Elaine :kiss:

PS - what will you be wearing, or is that a closely guarded secret this time?

Andy McGregor
11th-May-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ElaineB

I wish I knew:tears:

Usually outfits are almost as big a surprise to me as they are to everyone else. The nearer we get to a competition the more I panic that I haven't thought up a theme. I get quite stressed that I won't get any inspiration - and I think that is what spurs me to come up with something. In hindsight I don't always get it right - I just wish I could always think up a great look:waycool:

Any suggestions:flower:

ElaineB
11th-May-2004, 12:43 PM
I wish I knew:tears:

Usually outfits are almost as big a surprise to me as they are to everyone else. The nearer we get to a competition the more I panic that I haven't thought up a theme. I get quite stressed that I won't get any inspiration - and I think that is what spurs me to come up with something. In hindsight I don't always get it right - I just wish I could always think up a great look:waycool:

Any suggestions:flower:

Well,

We are in the West Country, famous for not a lot!! We have spawned the likes of the Wurzels (although one is Scottish!), John Cleese, Cheddar cheese, cider, strawberrys, clotted cream and donkeys! If you go down the fruit route - how about Carman Miranda meets the West Country? I'll supply the clotted cream! :rofl:

Elaine (your new style guru!)
:kiss:

spindr
11th-May-2004, 12:48 PM
We are in the West Country, famous for not a lot!!

Well W-S-M is of course Archie Leach's home, i.e. Cary Grant country. I guess Andy could come as Cary Grant / Doris Day then?

SpinDr.

DavidB
11th-May-2004, 12:52 PM
It is up to the organiser whether he publishes the overall marks. I can't publish my individual marks because I hand them in after each round.

I'll only post what I think of a couple if they specifically ask me to. Similarly with individual feedback - ask me and I'll tell you privately.

... If I can remember... And don't expect me to be diplomatic.

David

RobC
11th-May-2004, 12:57 PM
Andy, it will be great to see you up this way and any other forumites who can get to Weston-Super-Mare. The venue has an excellent floor - one of the main XMAS balls is held here every year. Loads of room and excellent loos!!!

See you there, if not sooner.

Well knowing how outspoken I am about certain other venues, I am proud to give this one my seal of approval, having competed there in ballroom competitions many times.

I can't say as I remember much about the catering (students tend to take their own sandwiches etc), but everything else about the venue is top notch. Plenty of rooms for changing areas, practise areas, large bar for chilling out....

The only thing I will say (and I hope the organisers take note), is that it is an oval shaped dance floor with entrances to the floor being via steps at each end of the floor. I hope the organisers take active steps to ensure that spectators / competitors do not stand on the stairs, cluttering up access to the dance floor. The last thing anyone needs is for people to be sitting on the stairs and competitors trying to clamber over them in a rush onto the floor, tripping, flying head over heals down a 4-5 foot drop... :tears:

With the price drop, I'm sure I'll be there. Just need to find myself a partner now .... :sad:
Any offers ? :whistle:

spindr
11th-May-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by RobC
With the price drop, I'm sure I'll be there. Just need to find myself a partner now .... :sad:
Any offers ? :whistle:

Oh Rob, thought you'd never ask -- and I dropped enough hints on Thursday :)

Don't miss the special offer (http://www.afterfive.co.uk)!

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
It is up to the organiser whether he publishes the overall marks. I can't publish my individual marks because I hand them in after each round.
Doh !!!

My flippant remark took off like a lead balloon, obviously :D

I knew you meant after the competition really :flower:

Chris

ElaineB
11th-May-2004, 01:28 PM
Andy,

Just remembered, another couple of ideas for you:

Isambard Kingdom Brunel (of course - durr!) - Railways, SS Great Britain and Clifton Suspension Bridge. ( Would love to see how you could interpret the latter!)

Aardman Animations - Wallace and Gromit, Chicken run etc.....

Balloons (sorry Philsmove how could I forget!)

:rofl:

Lou
11th-May-2004, 01:46 PM
Andy,

Just remembered, another couple of ideas for you:
:grin: Hmmmm... I don't want this thread to wander Upstairs, so I won't suggest anything to do with cockney rhyming slang....

Minnie M
11th-May-2004, 01:59 PM

When I looked on the website last week the cost was £18 for the competition and £20 for the evening dance - £38 for the whole event .......... you'll see that entry is now £25 up 'til the 1st June and £30 after that. [/i]

:confused: Last Friday at Hipsters, Sherif said the discount price was £30 ?????????? It has put Nigel, my senior section dance partner off - so we are NOT going :angry:

Lou
11th-May-2004, 02:07 PM
Minnie M - I know the prices went down over the weekend - probably due to the feedback. :) I hope that this will encourage Nigel to change his mind?

Simon r
11th-May-2004, 06:48 PM
both myself and nicole were not going to go because of the price,
but this seems much better so you can count us in ,
hope to see all you sexy dancers on the dance floor for the freestyle after..
Please...:kiss:

ElaineB
11th-May-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Lou
:grin: Hmmmm... I don't want this thread to wander Upstairs, so I won't suggest anything to do with cockney rhyming slang....

Actually Lou, I was going to suggest that balloons could be used instead of clothes. Do you remember that all male naked dance troup that used balloons to cover their bits??

Makes you think doesn't it! :rofl:

Elaine:rofl:

Mary
11th-May-2004, 09:32 PM
Haven't entered yet but we'd like to go as well - especially if there is the possibility of some good honest, probably painful, feedback!!!:(

Venue sounds great.

M

Katie
11th-May-2004, 09:44 PM
Definitely want to go now the price has gone down! :cheers:

Interesting to see that there is an 'open' category, so it looks like Blackpool is the only competition to not have one!

Can someone tell me about the 'teacher' rule? Where have i heard that you're classified as a teacher if you've taught in the last two years? What about ex-teachers?

Kate

Harry
25th-May-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi all,
Thankyou to all those who have already posted there applications.Were looking forward to seeing you all at bristol.
For those who have not been to the winter gardens at weston-super- mare this really is a fantastic venue situated in an ideal location.
Just thought i would answer a few questions peolple have been asking so far.
FOOD? There will be plenty of places to eat both in and out of the venue.Also there is a large bar area with seating for chilling out in between.
DANCE FLOOR?The dance floor is great ,probably one of the best ive danced on !There is a large balcony which extends right the way around for maxium viewing during the day.
VIDEO/ DVD?Yes we are having a video and dvd done of the whole event for those who know him Steve strong will be doing the filming,and from what we have seen of steves work he will do a great job.
ENTRY FEE?Yes the price has been reduced we have reduced the price to £25 for the whole event.

Im sure there are lots more questions people might want to ask please do and i will be pleased to answer.

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU ALL
JENNI

ElaineB
25th-May-2004, 06:16 PM
Hi Jenny!

Just a couple of questions:

Will water be freely available? Jugs on the bar/tables, or will we have to ask at the bar? I seem to remember at the XMAS Ball that they had a huge 'Urn' near the entrance to the Ballroom and we could help ourselves. Any chance of that being arranged this time?

Are we allowed to bring food into the venue?

Will Sheriff be wearing his leather trousers? :yum:

Elaine

ChrisA
25th-May-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Katie
Can someone tell me about the 'teacher' rule? Where have i heard that you're classified as a teacher if you've taught in the last two years? What about ex-teachers?
Blackpool this year defined a teacher quite specifically as someone who has taught MJ for money within the past two years (this defn was on the application form).

Ceroc are much more cagey about their definitions. I tried to get an answer to this before the Hammersmith champs but the only answer I got was an informal one from Erick to the effect that CTA trained teachers, and teachers at non-Ceroc regular MJ nights were what was intended.

Bristol and Britroc say, like Ceroc, "No teachers or pros", but I haven't asked them for a precise definition.

Blackpool excludes teachers from the Intermediates; Hammersmith, Bristol and Britroc from Intermediates and Advanced.

HTH

Chris

TheTramp
26th-May-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Ceroc are much more cagey about their definitions. I tried to get an answer to this before the Hammersmith champs but the only answer I got was an informal one from Erick to the effect that CTA trained teachers, and teachers at non-Ceroc regular MJ nights were what was intended.You mean that I could have entered the Advanced at Ceroc?!? Seeing as how I don't teach at a regular venue?

Trampy

ChrisA
26th-May-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
You mean that I could have entered the Advanced at Ceroc?!? Seeing as how I don't teach at a regular venue?

Yeah you do, you taught at Hipsters. That's a regular venue.

Now shuddup :D

Dutchginger
28th-May-2004, 10:04 AM
Yep, I'm going :grin:

The South West is where I first started modern jive many many moons ago and I still go back every year for the annaul Xmas dance at the W-S-M Winter Gardens - lovely venue and good floor :flower:

And contrary to Hammersmith, there's an NCP carpark right next door...

It'll be a bit of a reunion for me as I still know plenty of dancers in the South West and if many of you manage to make it there too, I'll have an absolute ball!

:clap:

Bill
28th-May-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
You mean that I could have entered the Advanced at Ceroc?!? Seeing as how I don't teach at a regular venue?

Trampy

erm............didn't you enter the Advanced in the Scottish Comp ?? :wink:

and where exactly is Weston super Mare ??????:confused:

Harry
28th-May-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi,All

In answer to your questions elaine,yes there will be plenty of water availiable,you may certainly bring food into the venue.We wont be stripp searching for food!!!!!!Hope your well have a lovely holiday x

For those asking about teachers and what defines a teachers.
You now yourself if your have taught at any venue weather it be on a regular basis or just now and again.If you have been seen by others to teach, weather you,ve been paid or not then you must do the open section.Sorry !! I know its contriversal but thats what we,ve decided. we want to try and keep everyone happy.
The advance section is not open to teachers

Hi bill,
You were asking where weston-super mare is .
From bristol heading south it will take approx 45 mins.
The winter gardens is right on the front,fab location!!
Would be lovely to see you and all those up there in scotland.
Apart from that would love to have a dance or two and I know Elaine would be pleased to!!!

Any thing else I can help with please ask.

JENNI

ChrisA
28th-May-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Harry
For those asking about teachers and what defines a teachers.
You now yourself if your have taught at any venue weather it be on a regular basis or just now and again.If you have been seen by others to teach, weather you,ve been paid or not then you must do the open section.Sorry !! I know its contriversal but thats what we,ve decided. we want to try and keep everyone happy.
The advance section is not open to teachers

Does this include Ceroc taxi dancers?

Taxi dancers up and down the country carry out beginner review classes.

They are not paid, but would be classified as teachers by this definition.

Please could you clarify?

Thanks

Harry
28th-May-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi chris,

No this does not include taxi dancers or demonstrators.They are not the main peolple teaching at a class.
Hope this helps!
Once again it is difficult but we have to draw the line somewhere.

JENNI

ElaineB
28th-May-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Dutchginger
Yep, I'm going :grin:

The South West is where I first started modern jive many many moons ago and I still go back every year for the annaul Xmas dance at the W-S-M Winter Gardens - lovely venue and good floor :flower:

And contrary to Hammersmith, there's an NCP carpark right next door...

It'll be a bit of a reunion for me as I still know plenty of dancers in the South West and if many of you manage to make it there too, I'll have an absolute ball!

:clap:

Think I do know you - did you teach the 'Strictly sinful' class with Mikey at Camber?? Only been dancing two years though, so our paths would not have crossed in Bristol, look forward to meeting you at the Champs!

To the rest of you - them friendly down y'ere - you should have a good time. :cheers:

And Jenny - I,m packing as the rain falls! Would put the :rofl: sign on, but I will be in Cornwall......

Elaine

Lounge Lizard
28th-May-2004, 05:16 PM
I am going, not competing but will be playing tunes on the Saturday night - just confirmed DJ booking with sheriff so C U all there
LL

ChrisA
28th-May-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
I am going, not competing but will be playing tunes on the Saturday night - just confirmed DJ booking with sheriff so C U all there
LL :clap: :clap: :worthy:

Dutchginger
28th-May-2004, 05:47 PM
Think I do know you - did you teach the 'Strictly sinful' class with Mikey at Camber?? Only been dancing two years though, so our paths would not have crossed in Bristol, look forward to meeting you at the Champs!

Ms, Sin, yep indeed, that's me :grin: I think we may have briefly met at Stompin' in Brighton? In any case, look forward to seeing you (again?) at W-S-M :flower:

ElaineB
28th-May-2004, 06:52 PM
LL

Fantastic news!! :cheers:

Elaine

Andy McGregor
28th-May-2004, 08:22 PM
LL

Hey LL, if you're not competing because you need a partner, I've still got a competition dress I haven't worn yet:devil:

Peter
28th-June-2004, 10:51 AM
Anyone know which teams are competing at Leroc2000? I heard on the grapevine there are four teams - Scots, Norfolk, Brighton and Metro

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 10:55 AM
There's a Scots team competing?!?

Which grapevine did you hear that on? I haven't heard that at all....

Trampy

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 10:56 AM
Looks like I will be coming down. Sherif did offer me a DJ slot, but at that time, I thought I couldn't make it, so I had to turn him down. Now he doesn't have a slot available any more :tears:

Anyhow, been persuaded to come by the lovely Lisa, so will see you all there :D

Trampy

ElaineB
28th-June-2004, 11:43 AM
Great stuff Trampy - it wouldn't be the same without you!

Elaine :hug:

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 11:52 AM
You mean (of course) that it'd be better without me!! :D

Trampy

Graham W
29th-June-2004, 04:00 PM
If it does sway anyone then I want to back up what Rob C says - it is a fab venue -..., raised seating, separate bar, big dancefloor!!

G

Just to clarify - combined price for day and evening is £25! vouchers at St Bons last nite - while I am online just to say Carol & Ed did a great class there!

Lounge Lizard
30th-June-2004, 09:50 AM
Anyone know which teams are competing at Leroc2000? I heard on the grapevine there are four teams - Scots, Norfolk, Brighton and MetroI think the brighton team may not be going now - shame cos I was going to put a team together based on the awesome foursome routines and not enough interest down here for two teams, perhaps next time
p

Katie
30th-June-2004, 01:10 PM
I have 2 day and evening tickets and one entry into the advanced (or open) that i'm trying to get rid of. If anyone is interested then PM me, it will be a little cheaper. Sadly my partner and I cannot make the competition.

Kate

Katie
30th-June-2004, 01:25 PM
Okey dokey! Tickets sold. :nice:

Peter
30th-June-2004, 05:57 PM
I think the brighton team may not be going now - shame cos I was going to put a team together based on the awesome foursome routines and not enough interest down here for two teams, perhaps next time

That's a pity ... :sad:

Sheepman
1st-July-2004, 01:01 PM
That's a pity ... :sad: Sounds like fighting talk to me :wink:

Greg

Easter Bunny
4th-July-2004, 01:33 PM
Looks like I will be coming down. Sherif did offer me a DJ slot, but at that time, I thought I couldn't make it, so I had to turn him down. Now he doesn't have a slot available any more :tears:

Anyhow, been persuaded to come by the lovely Lisa, so will see you all there :D

Trampy

Save one or two tracks for me please :)
x Lesley

TheTramp
4th-July-2004, 02:22 PM
Sure. Did you want to dance them too?? :innocent:

Trampy

Sparkles
4th-July-2004, 11:18 PM

Trampy

Save some for me too, please?
S. x

TheTramp
4th-July-2004, 11:22 PM
Save some for me too, please?
S. x
Probably :wink: :hug:

Trampy

Sparkles
4th-July-2004, 11:25 PM
Probably :wink: :hug:

Trampy

:sad: charming.

TheTramp
4th-July-2004, 11:33 PM
:sad: charming.
Okie. As many as you like then!! :hug:

Trampy

Sparkles
4th-July-2004, 11:50 PM
Okie. As many as you like then!! :hug:

Trampy

That's more like it :grin:

TheTramp
4th-July-2004, 11:51 PM
Yes boss!! :kiss:

Trampy

Peter
5th-July-2004, 05:25 PM
I've just read the leaflet which says

"Dress to impress Glitter (black tie) is the theme. Please make an effort."

Are all the guys planning to wear DJ/tuxedo?

Graham W
6th-July-2004, 04:55 PM
...you can guarantee that Sherif will be...!!

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 05:09 PM
I've just read the leaflet which says

"Dress to impress Glitter (black tie) is the theme. Please make an effort."

Are all the guys planning to wear DJ/tuxedo?

I've just bought my second kilt so I might give that its first outing. All I need are some nice lace-up brogue dancing shoes...

ElaineB
6th-July-2004, 09:47 PM
I've just bought my second kilt so I might give that its first outing. All I need are some nice lace-up brogue dancing shoes...

A kilt in Weston-Super-Mare? Just watch out for the donkeys!!! :D Also for me, as I will be persuading some man or other to put me into drops nearby - you have been warned! :rofl:

It will be great to see you and Mrs McG - are you in the Advanced section perchance?

Easter Bunny
7th-July-2004, 02:02 PM

Trampy

Yes please - although it looks like I will have to get in line again !

Nice pic of us on the web site from the Cardiff Masked Ball - you looking super cool as usual!

x Lesley

Mary
11th-July-2004, 12:02 PM
We now can't make the Friday night dance - does anybody want tickets for that night? I will carry the tickets with me, and should be at Hipsters on Wednesday, and maybe Tuesday, and Uxbridge (Hayes) on Thursday. Or pm me if anyone is interested and I will post them.

M

Minnie M
18th-July-2004, 08:28 AM
Results Please :nice:

ElaineB
18th-July-2004, 12:11 PM
Results PleaseHi all, ChrisA here, masquerading as Elaine :D Greetings from sunny Bristol... We've put our collective heads together and had a stab at remembering who came where...

Open:

1st: Gary and Hayley :worthy:
2nd: Trampy and Lisa
3rd: Mark and Jackie

Advanced:

1st: Phil & Yuko
2nd: Simon and Keeley
3rd: Nicki and Howard

Other advanced finalists: Simon and Elaine, Greg and Joy, Steve Howard and Julie Bass, and some other random couple that snuck in somehow :blush: :waycool:

We can't remember the intermediates' results. :(

DWAS
1st: Nick Britton and Terri
2nd: Trampy and Jamie Dickenson
3rd: Simon Bowker and ?? Hazel Busby

Seniors:

1st: dunno the names, fab couple, danced really well, deserved to win IMHO
2nd: Nick Britton and Lesley
2nd equal: John and Hazel Busby

Showcase:

Mark and Jackie

Aerials:

1st: ???
2nd: Tony and Mary :worthy:
3rd: Dave Martin and Jamie (sp?) Dickenson

Double Trouble:

Phil, Terry and ?

Special award for the drag artists:

Andy McGregor, RobC and Debi.

Salsa

Dave and Anita (don't know the surnames) won; also competing were Will and Kate and Mark and Jackie.

Hope we've remembered this all Ok... I'm sure someone will correct any mistakes :cheers:

Chris

PS Mega thanks to Simon and Elaine for putting us up this weekend. :clap:

Emma
18th-July-2004, 12:15 PM
What about the cabaret??? :D

Andy McGregor
18th-July-2004, 12:32 PM

Do you mean the Champion of Champions prize :innocent:

The award chosen across all categories, selected from all the competitors there on the day? Yes, we beat everyone to win that :devil:

And I can say, with complete confidence that our dancing unforgettable :whistle:

RobC
18th-July-2004, 12:40 PM
And what were all you lot doing on the Forum ? The dancing didn't finish until 1am !

Got home a 4am - only just woken up

RobC
18th-July-2004, 12:42 PM
alright, so I'm still half asleep and can't work out the difference between AM and PM :o

Lou
18th-July-2004, 12:45 PM
Do you mean the Champion of Champions prize :innocent:

After all...

"There can only be one winner! " :waycool: :whistle:

Jive Brummie
18th-July-2004, 12:50 PM

Seniors:

John & Hazel LUSBY !!

cerocmetro
18th-July-2004, 01:13 PM
Hi all, ChrisA here, masquerading as Elaine :D Greetings from sunny Bristol... We've put our collective heads together and had a stab at remembering who came where...

Open:

1st: Gary and Hayley

Advanced:

Other advanced finalists: Simon and Elaine, Greg and Joy, Steve Howard and Julie Bass, and some other random couple that snuck in somehow

DWAS

Seniors:

ahem, :blush: Team Cabaret,
CerocMetro's URBANMETRO :clap: :clap: :cheers: :whistle:

Adam

Andy McGregor
18th-July-2004, 01:18 PM
After all...

"There can only be one winner! " :waycool: :whistle:

Have I heard that somewhere before? :whistle:

Or was it the word 'interpret'? :innocent:

p.s. For most categories there were actually 2 winners as it was a couple - apart from the double trouble, the group cabaret and the Champion of Champions category where there's 3 of us...

Graham W
18th-July-2004, 01:29 PM
Best Bristol comp yet..

excellent set of judges, v good DJ's; (well done Jon on Sat) & a terrific venue,

shame only 1 team entry: but I remember that was the case in Blackpool 2 years ago & look what happened there!, so keep going :-)

G

Lou
18th-July-2004, 01:52 PM
ahem, :blush: Team Cabaret,
CerocMetro's URBANMETRO :clap: :clap: :cheers: :whistle:

Blimey, you've got a lot of good dancers there! :grin:

Sorry I never got to come & say hello to you - but by the time I worked out who you & Gordon were, I never saw you again..... :eek:

Minnie M
18th-July-2004, 03:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to ALL the winners, judging by the names above, it sounds like a good and fair competition - wish I had been there :cheers:

Mary
18th-July-2004, 03:28 PM
Aerials:

Wayne and Cathy came first. They have only been dancing together for 6 weeks!! :what: :worthy:

Excellent event and venue. Varied and well-qualified panel of judges IMO. Music, on the whole was great - although in the final of some categories it was felt that the music was a bit too fast - especially in aerials - we all struggled and I think it clearly demonstrated that some responsible thought should be given to the speed of music for such a category as accidents and injury are more likely to occur with such fast music. Although (for most of people) it helps to be fairly fast there does come a cut-off point.

Venue is spot on. Changing rooms, loads of loos, facilities nearby, and somewhere quiet to escape to. Oh, only down side - couldn't get sandwich or snack mid to late afternoon.

Many thanks to Jennie and Sherif for their hard work. Also must have been knackering for the judges - such a long day or continuous concentration. :cheers: :cheers:

M

ElaineB
18th-July-2004, 04:32 PM
As a Bristolian and honary Cardiff person, I thought I would see what the general opinion was before I posted my thoughts on the venue. I totally agree with Mary on this one - the facilities and organisation were superb - congratulations to all those involved with setting up the event. Also to John from Jive Magic who was DJing for over twelve hours - the freestyle music was brilliant!

Also to the Judges, who worked very hard and were also working for nearly ten hours. It was a priviledge to be judged by some of the top dancers/competitors in the Country. In particular, David Barker, who when asked to comment on our performance gave very constructive and balanced critiscism.

Also, the awarding of medals to all the finalists was a really lovely touch. Everyone works so hard to get to the competition and when you make the final, which is a reward in itself, it is wonderful to take back a medal.

Oh and Ceroc Metro - I have posted a comment on our Bristol Web site about you.........you were fantastic - well done again - awesome!

And boy oh boy, did I enjoy my dances with some of the forumites - Mr Par and the 'babe magnet' in particular - thanks guys!

Elaine

philsmove
18th-July-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh and Ceroc Metro - I have posted a comment on our Bristol Web site about you.........you were fantastic - well done again - awesome!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I can only echo the comments already made

ChrisA
18th-July-2004, 06:51 PM
John & Hazel LUSBY !!

Beg pardon !!

Chris

under par
18th-July-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi all, ChrisA here, masquerading as Elaine :D Greetings from sunny Bristol... We've put our collective heads together and had a stab at remembering who came where...

Open:

1st: Gary and Hayley :worthy:

Advanced:

Other advanced finalists: Simon and Elaine, Greg and Joy, Steve Howard and Julie Bass, and some other random couple that snuck in somehow :blush: :waycool:

DWAS

Seniors:

Showcase:

Mark and Jackie

Aerials:

Double Trouble:

Phil, Terry and ?

Salsa

Dave and Anita (don't know the surnames) won; also competing were Will and Kate and Mark and Jackie.

Hope we've remembered this all Ok... I'm sure someone will correct any mistakes :cheers:

Chris

PS Mega thanks to Simon and Elaine for putting us up this weekend. :clap:

Anybody remember the intermediates.....they deserve a mention too. I do not know any of the names. :confused:

Ps Elaine it was a pleasure to dance with you. I had a great time.

Simon
18th-July-2004, 09:02 PM
John & Hazel LUSBY !!

I should’ve organised a posse of local guys (and it would’ve had to be a big posse from the size of Hazel’s husband!!!) to kidnap her and force her to dance only in Bristol. :wink: What style, humour, musicality and energy. :worthy: Having been in so many finals she was parading around with enough medals in the evening to be the Mark Spitz of the jive world. :clap:

Or was it the word 'interpret'? :innocent:

Double Trouble:

Phil, Terry and ?

Phil, Teri and PJ. And not a bad result considering the first time Phil ever danced Double Trouble was at a workshop a fortnight ago! :worthy: Teri and PJ also placed (second?) in the Intermediates.

Also, the awarding of medals to all the finalists was a really lovely touch. Everyone works so hard to get to the competition and when you make the final, which is a reward in itself, it is wonderful to take back a medal.

This touch was typical of the excellent organisation and friendly atmosphere of the event. A big thanks to all those involved in running it. :clap: :cheers:

Congratulations to all the competitors and thanks to my partner, Keeley, for dragging my tired legs through the final. We must've hid all those mistakes pretty well! :whistle:

The evening freestyle was excellent, but it looks like I'll have to scrounge more lifts along the M4 in the hope of repeating some of the very nice dances I had with certain London ladies. :drool:

Tiggerbabe
18th-July-2004, 09:17 PM
I should’ve organised a posse of local guys (and it would’ve had to be a big posse from the size of Hazel’s husband!!!) to kidnap her and force her to dance only in Bristol. :wink: What style, humour, musicality and energy. :worthy:
Ha!Ha!Ha! No chance Simon - you'll have to fight all the Scottish guys for her :whistle: Hazel and John are both absolute stars and so glad to hear how well they did :clap: :clap:
Congratulations to all of the Scottish contingent who (considering there were only 7 of them TTBOMK :grin: ) managed to come away with so many places - Well done to Lisa and Tramp too and to Sam and Monika who were dancing together in a competition for the first time :hug:

HUGE congrats to Phil and his double trouble partners - :kiss: :kiss: he's a joy to dance with :clap:

ElaineB
18th-July-2004, 10:07 PM
Ha!Ha!Ha! No chance Simon - you'll have to fight all the Scottish guys for her :whistle: Hazel and John are both absolute stars and so glad to hear how well they did :clap: :clap:
Congratulations to all of the Scottish contingent who (considering there were only 7 of them TTBOMK :grin: ) managed to come away with so many places - Well done to Lisa and Tramp too and to Sam and Monika who were dancing together in a competition for the first time :hug:

HUGE congrats to Phil and his double trouble partners - :kiss: :kiss: he's a joy to dance with :clap:

I have to say that watching Simon and Hazel dance together was wonderful - she does some interesting stuff and Simon started to copy her at one point - you could see that they were really enjoying the true spirit of DWAS!! :clap:

Ahem - re Tramp - he is Welsh you know, so we have knicked him for our forum as well (Bristol being a satellite of Cardiff! :rofl: )

One final comment - Andy, Rob and Debbie - stars as always and very entertaining - well done!

Elaine

Nick M
19th-July-2004, 09:43 AM
(Hope this works) - attached are some pictures from the event -

The judges
DWAS heat 1
Me and Lizzie
Open (heat 1?)
Open (heat 1?)

Gordon J Pownall
19th-July-2004, 09:50 AM
The winners of the Seniors were David and Audrey Sampson of CerocMetro fame.... :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

They were winners at the Ceroc Champs as well - inspirational to all of us 'youngsters'....... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

David and Audrey are also members of UrbanMetro...... :clap:

Pammy
19th-July-2004, 11:14 AM
Congrats. to our very own Tony & Mary! Excellent News!!! :flower: :kiss: :clap:

Gordon J Pownall
19th-July-2004, 11:14 AM
Oh and Ceroc Metro - I have posted a comment on our Bristol Web site about you.........you were fantastic - well done again - awesome! Elaine

What is the web site address Elaine...??? :confused:

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 12:08 PM
(Hope this works) - attached are some pictures from the event -

The judges
DWAS heat 1
Me and Lizzie
Open (heat 1?)
Open (heat 1?)

Hi Nick,
Great pictures - but none of the open - the last two look like freestyle and dwas pics.....

Well done to you and Lizzie. I managed to get a quick natter with Lizzie and she seemed so excited and full of enthusiasm. I think I am right in saying it was her first major comp. so I hope you keep going.

See you both at a Bristol venue soon I hope.

Lesley

ElaineB
19th-July-2004, 12:12 PM
What is the web site address Elaine...??? :confused:

Hi Gordon,

We didn't meet! You will have to submit a piccie so that I can spot you next time!!!

Anyway, the web site is www.leroc-in-bristol.co.uk. The thread is under Le Roc chit chat and then under UK Champs, W-S-M.

We are thinking of doing a West based theme for a team challange, which I am sure will rival yours........there is much talk of donkeys and candy floss......... :rofl:

Well done again - beautifully presented!

Elaine :clap: :clap: :clap:

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 12:17 PM
I should’ve organised a posse of local guys (and it would’ve had to be a big posse from the size of Hazel’s husband!!!) to kidnap her and force her to dance only in Bristol. :wink: What style, humour, musicality and energy. :worthy: Having been in so many finals she was parading around with enough medals in the evening to be the Mark Spitz of the jive world. :clap:

Phil, Teri and PJ. And not a bad result considering the first time Phil ever danced Double Trouble was at a workshop a fortnight ago! :worthy: Teri and PJ also placed (second?) in the Intermediates.

This touch was typical of the excellent organisation and friendly atmosphere of the event. A big thanks to all those involved in running it. :clap: :cheers:

Congratulations to all the competitors and thanks to my partner, Keeley, for dragging my tired legs through the final. We must've hid all those mistakes pretty well! :whistle:

The evening freestyle was excellent, but it looks like I'll have to scrounge more lifts along the M4 in the hope of repeating some of the very nice dances I had with certain London ladies. :drool:

You can have a lift along the M4 anytime - just as long as you keep dancing in Bristol as well - we wouldn't want to lose you to those London Ladies.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you and Keeley - you are amazing together and a great unique style - you inspire me! Keeley's freestyle with Phil to the Pink Panther track was great fun to what - such interpretation!
Also thank you for the wonderful dances (as always) during the day and evening.

x Lesley

ElaineB
19th-July-2004, 12:25 PM
Now that I have woken up and am back at work (must be another way!), I would really like to blow the Bristol and Cardiff trumpet!

The competitors from this area have put in really hard work lately and it paid off!

So, well done in particular to:

Mark Wilson and Jackie Robbins - so many medals and cups........any more room in the cupboard? Wonderful, wonderful performances!

Simon Bowker and Keely - awesome!!!

Nick Britton - what a hero!! Life starts at 50 and boy did Nick prove it! He won the DWAS and came second in the over fifties.

Lesley - Nicks partner in the over 50's - beautifully followed!

Oh yes and some guy called Tramp, who was born in Cardiff! Need I say more about him!

A number of other competitors made the semis and finals in other catergories.

Some guy called Will (from Somerset, so we have claimed him as well! :clap: ), who entered the Salsa at the last moment. His partner was the beautiful Kate. An absolutely wonderful performance and a joy to watch.

Mark James and Catherine (Redhead), first time out and semi's in the intermediates.

Jayne from Cardiff - Semis of DWAS.

There were other new combinations as well who strutted their stuff for the first time.

To you all...... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Oh yes, and thanks to my wonderful Simon for getting me into the final of the advanced :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Elaine

under par
19th-July-2004, 12:35 PM
I'd like say a big thanks to a young fellow named TOM who although a teenager took Mrs Par to the DWAS final. She had a great day. :clap: :clap:

Tom was also placed in the Intermediate final with his regular partner. What a star. :yeah: :worthy:

Nobody has yet posted the names of winners of intermediate final :what: :confused:

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Elaine,
Back at work ????? wot u doin on the forum then eh?????
You and Simon should be incredibly proud - you have done so well over the last year and have remained so supportive of everyone else.

BIG UP TO YOU BOTH.
x Lesley

Sheepman
19th-July-2004, 12:50 PM
Do you mean the Champion of Champions prize :innocent: Is it caption competition time again? . . .

Andy McGregor
19th-July-2004, 12:57 PM
Is it caption competition time again? . . .

Before I even see the picture my caption is:

"Someone get that camera off Sheepy..."

ElaineB
19th-July-2004, 12:58 PM
I'd like say a big thanks to a young fellow named TOM who although a teenager took Mrs Par to the DWAS final. She had a great day. :clap: :clap:

Tom was also placed in the Intermediate final with his regular partner. What a star. :yeah: :worthy:

Nobody has yet posted the names of winners of intermediate final :what: :confused:

Tom took me into second place in a Bristol DWAS - his age??? 15 years old!!!!!!!!

He is wonderful and definitely an up and coming star.

I really thought he and Mrs Parr had got a place, they looked really good!

Don't know the names of the winners unfortunately, but they were all really good. The couple in white did some really nice stuff also.........so difficult to Judge!

Hi Lesey - I'm at lunch - honest!!! :hug:

Elaine

Forte
19th-July-2004, 01:03 PM
I'd just like to add my congrats , too! Especially to the Scottish contingent (Trampy is a Scot now, you know). Hazel and John were amazing in the Scottish Jivemasters recently so I am not surprised that they wowed you down in Bristol. Was the Hayley who won the open, the lovely hayleybell who won the advanced in Scotland with Trampy last year? :grin:

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 01:15 PM
Never mind the competitors.... A BIG THANK YOU to Jenni, Karen, Michelle and daughter and all of Jenni's other friends who helped out on the day.

Jenni you are a star, you always put others first; your organisational skills are endless and few people know that you and Karen were suffering a personal tragedy this weekend, but soldiered on in your own true style of not wanting to let anyone down. I hope Sherif appreciates all you achieved.

Thanks to Jenni and all the crew; Graham for giving me the opportunity to compete in the 'Open' for the 2nd time (will try harder next time - if there is a next time!) and of course Nick ' my Senior boy' for putting up with my moans about his lindy steps and getting us a medal. THANK YOU.

X lesley

Sheepman
19th-July-2004, 01:30 PM
Tom . . . is wonderful and definitely an up and coming star.

I really thought he and Mrs Parr had got a place, they looked really good! :yeah: Me too, the DWAS standard was so high.

I was complimenting Mrs Par afterwards on (one of) her biggest assets :really: She is always a delight to dance with.

In the Intermediate wasn't it the aforementioned Tom and his partner who were 3rd? The amazing Amy and Tony (also in the Ceroc Metro team) were 2nd, but I don't know the names of the winners.

Greg

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 01:49 PM
I'd just like to add my congrats , too! Especially to the Scottish contingent (Trampy is a Scot now, you know). Hazel and John were amazing in the Scottish Jivemasters recently so I am not surprised that they wowed you down in Bristol. Was the Hayley who won the open, the lovely hayleybell who won the advanced in Scotland with Trampy last year? :grin:
Yes it was that Hayley - looking georgeous as ever and dancing sooooo smoothly with her equally gorgeous and smooth partner.

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 01:53 PM
Caption for Andy's pic.

"trust me - didn't I tell you that you would look good in that outfit - eat your heart out Lily"

RobC
19th-July-2004, 02:20 PM

"Does my bum look big in this ?!?"

Simon
19th-July-2004, 02:23 PM
Never mind the competitors.... A BIG THANK YOU to Jenni, Karen, Michelle and daughter and all of Jenni's other friends who helped out on the day.

Jenni you are a star, you always put others first; your organisational skills are endless and few people know that you and Karen were suffering a personal tragedy this weekend, but soldiered on in your own true style of not wanting to let anyone down. I hope Sherif appreciates all you achieved.

:yeah: :yeah: :clap: :cheers:

Andy McGregor
19th-July-2004, 02:35 PM
"Does my bum look big in this ?!?"

No it doesn't. You bum looked fabulous, just like I said it would. It does look a bit larger in the photo, but that's just a bad photographer choosing the wrong angle/light/shutter speed/etc :innocent:

Gordon J Pownall
19th-July-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Gordon,

Well done again - beautifully presented!

Elaine :clap: :clap: :clap:

Why thank you for your comments - no, unfortunately we didn't meet - there is a photograph of the UrbanMetro team at www.cerocmetro.com

I am the guy third from the left on the back row as you are looking at the pictures...must find a better one though.....

You could try www.freewebs.com/djbunnie - I think I feature on there as well...If not, and failing all that,

Go to the results of last years LeRoc Bristol competition - I came 3rd place DWAS with Ros.....there was a photo on that site as well.

Hope to meet up and have a boogie at some point, :cheers:

Thanks for the info...

G...x :flower:

Peter
19th-July-2004, 04:07 PM
Have you seen the stuff on the bristol forum .... ?

"A special mention to the CeRoc Metro Team - Yo! What a performance - sends a shiver down my spine every time I see it! "

"For those of you who missed them (wear were you all) they put on an amazing show. some of the ladies were black thigh high boots and very little else. Something tells me they don’t have a problem with a man shortage at these classes The team, of about 30, is put together from several different classes, around Stevenage and they practice in small groups with same teacher There is a photo at http://www.cerocmetro.com/ but It does not do them credit. So what are the chances of Bristol putting a team together?
As Elaine said the standard is extremely high but the are only 2 or 3 teams to beat"

RESPECT ....

cerocmetro
19th-July-2004, 05:31 PM
Have you seen the stuff on the bristol forum .... ?

[I]"A special mention to the CeRoc Metro Team - Yo! What a performance - sends a shiver down my spine every time I see it! "RESPECT ....

And here they are :yum:

Peter
19th-July-2004, 05:49 PM
And here they are :yum:

Cummon Franck ... show some respect and approve these pics ... we're dying to see them ...

Nick M
20th-July-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi Nick,
Great pictures - but none of the open - the last two look like freestyle and dwas pics.....

I think it was the first heat of the advanced, not the open. Sorry Lesley, my mistake

Graham W
20th-July-2004, 02:18 PM
..Young Tom hails from gloucs - my attempt to get him in last years comp failed so about time!,(they were 3rd equal by the way)

Mrs Par u were unlucky I thought in intermeds, but as we've competed togth. I am biased - that smile's a killer..:-)

G

Andy McGregor
20th-July-2004, 02:37 PM
Now that I've recovered I thought I'd reflect on the day - which Sue and I enjoyed tremendously :clap:

I thought that Sherif and Jenni did a fabulous job. The venue was superb and the organisation was spot on - once we'd got started. Two of the judges were stuck in traffic, but that meant that any competitors who were also stuck in the same traffic could still compete so that was good too.

Everyone seemed happy all day, all the competitors supported each other, especially the airsteps couples who all seemed relieved to have survived intact :what:

Just to add to the list, the winners of the Intermediate were Jane and Andy (I think), a nice couple of dancers from Birmingham.

The only bad thing was the inclusion of Salsa and Lindy. They just weren't needed. The Lindy had no entries and didn't happen and the Salsa only had 3 couples enter - of which only one couple did Salsa! And then only to the first track - but that could be because the 2nd track in the Salsa competition was, I think, a Merengue :confused:

Gordon J Pownall
20th-July-2004, 03:47 PM
...and the Salsa only had 3 couples enter - of which only one couple did Salsa! And then only to the first track - but that could be because the 2nd track in the Salsa competition was, I think, a Merengue :confused:

Wish I'd have entered....mind you, I think if the couples competing could have danced a Mambo they would have been OK as that's what the second track was (and a fast one at that)... :what:

I thought on the whole the music was OK although some of the competition music (I heard commented) was a bit too swingy....?? :confused:

It was certainly an improvement on last year - that was terrible in the open as the first track was ridiculously fast and although it was explained that music that speed would, 'sort out the wheat from the chaff'. :angry:

Even one of the judges said that that particular track gave the competitors no opportunity whatsoever to show how they could express themselves to the music, interpret the lyrics etc etc etc. :what:

Peter Phillips played some great stuff as always...... :clap:

The music for the team caberet - UrbanMetro - well what can I say, we were really lucky that the organisers chose a piece of music we just happened to practice too. :whistle: .....so all the moves in our routine fit with music - how lucky is that...Eh...???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Easter Bunny
20th-July-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi Nick,
Don't apologise - it was very kind of you to post them....

Nick M
20th-July-2004, 05:17 PM
Don't apologise - it was very kind of you to post them

In that case, here's a few more!

Sherif
the Cardiff contingent
Warm-up Freestyle
Warm-up Freestyle
another shot of DWAS heat 1

Anita
21st-July-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi

That was me in the Salsa comp. I agree the second tune certainly wasn't Salsa. But I didn't want to dance Merengue or Mambo in a Salsa comp!! It was a bit tricky deciding what to do when the music came on i.e switch dances or not????

Anyway I had only met my partner for the first time that morning, so survival was our first aim!

Andy McGregor
21st-July-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi

That was me in the Salsa comp. I agree the second tune certainly wasn't Salsa. But I didn't want to dance Merengue or Mambo in a Salsa comp!! It was a bit tricky deciding what to do when the music came on i.e switch dances or not????

Anyway I had only met my partner for the first time that morning, so survival was our first aim!

You both did brilliantly, and in that company, in a Salsa competition were worthy winners. If I'd known there was going to be so little competition I would have entered myself, back basic, cucaracha, back basic, cucaracha, etc, etc :wink:

p.s. Welcome to the Forum Anita, I think you are a lovely mover - as opposed to me, who you may remember for entering the dance floor via the top of the judges table as a lap dancer with my 'twin' in the double trouble.

ChrisA
21st-July-2004, 09:38 AM
p.s. Welcome to the Forum Anita, I think you are a lovely mover
..... :yeah:

And welcome from me too!!

Great to see you here, since it's totally your fault :worthy: that I'm involved in the competition scene at all.

Chris :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
21st-July-2004, 09:45 AM
..... :yeah:

And welcome from me too!!

..and whilst we are at it........ :yeah:

Welcome to this world of madness......well done in the Salsa by the way - second track was absolute pants....... :sick: :sick: :sick:

Gordon...

Bill
21st-July-2004, 11:53 AM
Bit late to post now but been on holiday and have had problems with my server (again !).

Just a quick congratulations to everyone but especially to all the Scots who did so well at the comp. No surprise with Hazel and John and especially to Lisa and Trampy who were dancing together in a comp for the first time. :clap: :worthy:

Will really have to try and get down next year. :D

Anita
21st-July-2004, 11:57 AM
All these welcomes :grin:

You're all so friendly :hug:

I think that the Salsa comp will definately be filed under "interesting". It was a combination of DWAS and "Faking It" for me. Didn't know my partner and last danced Salsa 10 years ago :whistle: I think we got away with it

I was really pleased we had quality opposition, though a few more people would have been good. Maybe more people will be tempted to enter if they do it again.

Chris - Delighted to be responsible. Keep recording those impressive results.

Mr McGregor - I have to say it would have been difficult to miss you. I remember you more for your tailsuit in Hammersmith :drool: I love a man in a tailsuit. You should see me at a ballroom dancing comp, :D

Hi Gordon - thank you, :flower:

Anita

Harry
22nd-July-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi all

Harry
22nd-July-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi all

Just wanted to thank everyone who joined us on saturday for helping us make this such a successful event.
There are lots of things that are needed to make such event go so well ,but what really made it for myself and Sherif was the people who were there with us .Wheather you were taking part who just there to spectate you were supporting are event and it was very much appreciated.

The thankyou,s are endless but must mention all those who were there on the day helping myself and sherif run things as smoothly as possible.
My wonderful sister who was there not just on the day but helping before with all preperation.Also to mandy helping me with things beforehand.

BIG! Thanks to all are wonderfull judges,one of the main comments i,ve heard about the judges since saturday is that is was a honour to be judged and placed by such respected people.I think that says it all!

BIG Thanks to john are amazing DJ who stood there for well over 14 hrs and most certainly did us proud with the music
Also not to forget Peter Phillips who played some fab music for us friday and saturday night.

Extremly well done to all those who took part you all were amazing !!!
It was great to see so many who had obiously travelled along way to be with us,thankyou for making such effort and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did having you.

Couldn.t go without saying a few words about some personel friends .
LESLEY,GRAHHAM,NICK ,SIMON ,KEELEY,MARK,CATHERINE,JACKIE ,MARK,TOM,LYNDA,ELAINE ,SIMON,BECKY,MATT, You all did the southwest proud ,you were all fantastic!!!!!!

Thankyou all once again for making it such a wonderfull day.
Hope to see you all next year.

Jenni x x x x

Lou
28th-July-2004, 06:37 PM
I've just finished my update to Sherif's site. The piccies & results are up. Specifically, you guys will probably only be interested in http://www.leroc.net/leroc2000/results/index.htm (the rest is local stuff for local people). But there are some nice photos there. :waycool:

Now I'm off down the pub.

Andy McGregor
28th-July-2004, 06:45 PM
I've just finished my update to Sherif's site. The piccies & results are up. Specifically, you guys will probably only be interested in http://www.leroc.net/leroc2000/results/index.htm (the rest is local stuff for local people). But there are some nice photos there. :waycool:

Now I'm off down the pub.

And where is the 'Champion of Champions' result and photo - I think it was called the "Most Entertaining" by Sharif, but we all knew what he really meant :wink:

Lou
28th-July-2004, 08:47 PM
And where is the 'Champion of Champions' result
:blush:
It's there now, Andy!
(btw, I actually came back early to fix it).

Andy McGregor
29th-July-2004, 02:27 AM
:blush:
It's there now, Andy!
(btw, I actually came back early to fix it).

Thank you, Lou, your dedication is appreciated :worthy: :worthy:

The next time we meet you can have as many dances as you like - and I promise to be whatever sex you'd like me to be :devil: