PDA

View Full Version : Tongue in Cheek

Zuhal
5th-May-2004, 08:28 AM
:wink:
My partner and I entered the Open, Showcase and were part of a Cabaret team. It was outrageous that the heats of these competitons were placed next to each other. And we had to dance a fast song just after another fast song. The DJ’s never think about musical interpretation.
Despite all this we got through to the finals of all the competitions except the Lucky Dip. I was bl**dy brilliant and had a very amusing costume on and the Judges made a mistake. There should be some appeal system so that I can appear in 4 finals and collect lots of medals. As for those BBC actors how dare they steal my limelight.

The Palais security didn’t find my secret Ballroom Dancing multi channel recorder and they took soo long to search for illicit food and drink. I wanted free or subsidised food as well as drink and the arrogance of a venue that does not cater to wheat intolerant vegan holograms beggars belief.

Me and my fellow competitors deserve lots of floor time with exactly the space, music and results that we want. And another thing why don’t Ceroc enterprises rebuild the stage area so that we can have a different shaped dance floor. Personally I find a 5 degree camber very beneficial

I actually saw Palais operatives spreading detritus around in the toilets. Do they not know that there was 900 competitors and spectators needing to plough their way through it. I think that are running a viscous smear campaign which is bordering on taking the ****. My cloakroom ticket was definitely a puce colour and I know there was a choice, but only three.!

As I head back to the real world I will resolve to plan the perfect competition to satisfy all of the people all of the time.

Heading for deep cover, emoticon.

Dreadful Scathe
5th-May-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Zuhal
detritus

:D nice post, but that is now WORD OF THE WEEK please everyone use it where possible.

under par
6th-May-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
:D nice post, but that is now WORD OF THE WEEK please everyone use it where possible.

Detritus is from French détritus, from Latin detritus, past participle of deterere, to rub away, wear out, from de-, from + terere, to rub, to rub away. It is related to detriment, literally a rubbing away, a wearing away, hence a loss; damage; harm.

If flying cars were easy to produce, we'd be walking around wearing helmets to protect us from the detritus of flying car crashes.
--Gail Collins, "Grounded for 2000," New York Times, December 7, 1999

My starter for 10 !:rofl: :cheers:

got it off google
:blush:

Gadget
6th-May-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
and I thought he was a troll. :confused: