PDA

View Full Version : Marc & Rachel's teaching and Perth

Dave Hancock
30th-April-2004, 11:00 AM
Just a little post come thread about the teaching of Marc and Rachel. I was fortunate enough to be in Perth last night and was very impressed by the class that these guys taught. It was taught in a fun and friendly manner and for me the nice part was that Marc was teaching moves in a style that suited him and that were that little bit different to a normal Ceroc class. From the people circulating round the class I think it was pretty apparent that everyone was enjoying themselves and I reckon that a few extra people from last night may be inspired to go up to Aberdeen for the BB.

Not only did they teach a great class but they also both circulated and must have danced with a large percentage of people there and were friendly and approachable all night and I can’t wait till Aberdeen in 3 weeks time.

That aside I had another wonderful night in Perth, good music from Franck and I think I can honestly say that I really enjoyed every dance I had. Only the second time I’ve been to the new venue in Perth and both occassions have been great fun and would suggest anyone with a free Thursday evening to get along there if they’re in the area.

Tiggerbabe
30th-April-2004, 06:47 PM
:yeah: It was a great night - thoroughly enjoyed the class and look forward to the guys leading me through those moves again in freestyle.
Had some fabby dances with Marc :drool: Music was inspired (I'll get the money later Franck :wink: ) apart from cutting the RHCP track short in the class.

Thanks for the dance Dave :hug: our best ever I think :flower:

Can't wait for the Beach Ballroom! :waycool:

Jive Brummie
1st-May-2004, 02:42 PM
Have to agree with Shee-J and Dave. Yet another top night in Perth. Also have to agree with the flyer Franck...Perth must be one of the most relaxed and friendly classes going.........smiles and laughs by the bucket load.

Marc & Rachel on stage...........what a top class........erm...class:what: Cool moves, well taught with a few jokes thrown in for good measure. Only managed one dance with Rachel, but it's left me wanting more.....Roll on BB.

James........x:cheers:

Rachel
4th-May-2004, 04:32 PM
Wow, what a week it's been - first Camber, then Aberdeen and Perth, then the Ceroc Champs ... I'm still buzzing!!

Thank you so much, Dave, for your posting on the Perth class. We loved every single minute of it. It was amazing to be there amongst such a friendly crowd of people. Fantastic to meet you, finally, and thank you so much for the dance - that was great! If only we had had those Camber dances, too, huh?

And James - oh I sooo want more dances with you! One is definitely NOT enough!

In fact, all the dances I had at Perth were wonderful - even the men who told me they were complete beginners (they must have been taking lessons from the Tramp) ...

Thank you, Franck, for being so generous and letting Marc take over your class for the evening. It was so much fun. Really kind of you! Fantastic music!! And thanks for the pain killers which enabled me to get through the evening - I would have hated not being able to dance. (The foot's still not right and I'm still walking round on my heel only ... I almost wanted to ask you for more of that stuff for the Championships - but I think sheer adreneline kept me going in the end!)

And what a brilliant opening night at Aberdeen - you've got a wonderful venue there, so I'm sure it's going to be a huge success. It was so lovely to meet Lorna and Lisa again - albeit so briefly. Gadget - thanks for those great dances! And the wonderful Bill - you're always so much in demand - thank you for taking the time to dance with me!

Scotland just has so many incredible female dancers that I aspire to ... Sheena, Melanie, Linda, Heather, ... not to mention the godesses Lorna and Lisa! Talk about watch and be inspired!!! I don't know how Marc will ever be satisfied dancing with me again, after all of you!

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone there for being so lovely and so welcoming - I can't wait for Beach Ballroom - even more so now!! And looking forward to seeing many of you at Southport as well.
Rachel

Gadget
5th-May-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Gadget - thanks for those great dances!
Woo!! :D:D:D I only wish the music had been better towards the tail end of the evening. At the risk of sounding all 'lovie' - you are amazing to dance with and inspiring to watch. As I said elsewhere, I'm really looking forward to the Beach Ballroom.

under par
6th-May-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
And looking forward to seeing many of you at Southport as well.
Rachel

Rachel hope your foot has healed itself and you are fit for a good old boogie.!!
The North and South of the countries shall meet

Hope you make the forum meeting on the Friday evening with the TRAMP as DJ .:cheers: