PDA

View Full Version : Southport Programme of events

johnah
28th-April-2004, 07:11 PM
With a little over two weeks to go now before the Party begins at the Southport Extravadanca and to whet your appetites, here's a brief lowdown of the programme awaiting you. [subject to possible last minute change]

Friday 14 May[/B]

Jive Addiction Ballroom[COLOR=red]

19:00 - 20:00 Pilates & Stretch with Mandy Henderson
20:00 - 21:15 How to dance the BLUES with Nigel & Nina
21:30 - 04:00 Freestyle

The Dance Den[COLOR=red]

20:00 - 21:30 Forum Reception with guest DJ - the Forum Legend

[COLOR=skyblue]Bluesville

23:00 - 06:00 Freestyle to Swing & Blues music

Saturday 15 May

Jive Addiction Ballroom

10:30 - 11:45 Amir & Kate - Tango Jive Fusion
11:45 - 13:00 Mikey - Slow & Sensual Fun Class
13:00 - 14:15 Freestyle
14:15 - 15:30 Viktor & Carol - Intermediate class
15:30 - 16:45 Peter Phillips - Dips, Drops & Seducers
16:45 - 18:00 El Nico & Nia - Basics of Salsa and Merengue
18:00 - 20:30 Nigel & Nina - Learn a routine and perform it [optional]
at tonight's Gladrag Ball

21:30 - 04:00 Gladrag Ball - Theme Rags, Riches or Raunchy
Cabaret: The Scintillating Sinners
Clayton Tubbs & Janine Myers
Graham LeClerc & Sarah Johnson
The Extravadanca Team Spotlight

The Dance Den

10:30 - 11:45 Nigel 'Fatpants' Wale - Beginners Lindy
11:45 - 13:00 Mandy Henderson - SOLO Jazz
13:00 - 14:15 Ash Nazir - Learn his Championship winning 'Mask' cabaret
routine and perform it. Open to first 15 couples
to register at the Jive Addiction desk.
14:15 - 15:30 Martin Elliott - Cha Cha Cha and how to introduce it into
your jive reportoire.
15:30 - 16-45 Dave Martin & Jaime - Dirrty Jiving - Part One
16:45 - 18:00 Debz & Neil - Jive to Lindy
18:00 - 19:15 Marianne Hospel - Ladies ONLY Style Class
19:15 - 20:30 Marc & Claire - Hip Hop

Bluesville

Sunday 16 May

Jive Addiction Ballroom[COLOR=red]

10:30 - 11:45 Viktor & Carol - Advanced Class
11:45 - 13:00 Nigel & Nina - How to dance to fast music
13:00 - 14:15 Graham LeClerc & Sarah - Advanced Jive
14:15 - 15:30 Amir & Kate - Dancing with style
15:30 - 16:45 Ren Lexander - Triples/any combination
16:45 - 18:00 Peter Phillips & Friends - Awesome Foursome
18:00 - 19:15 Mikey - 'Sinful' fun class
19:15 - 20.30 Jat Singh - Smooth Jive

21:30 - 04:00 Freestyle

The Dance Den

10:30 - 11:45 El Nico & Nia - Improvers Salsa and Merengue
11:45 - 13:00 Debz & Neil - Jive to Swing
13:00 - 14:15 Freestyle
14:15 - 15:30 Steve Lampert - Work YOUR Lady!
15:30 - 16:45 Dave Martin & Jaime - Dirrty Jiving - Part Two
16:45 - 18:00 Ash Nazir - continuation of "The Mask" routine
18:00 - 19:15 Ren Lexander - Tango basics
19:15 - 20:30 Martin Elliott - Non-stength aerials/fixed partners

Bluesville

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Over 700 dancers are already booked in and more are doing so daily. It's gonna be sheer fun fun fun. Let's make Southport rock!!!

Look forward to meeting you at the Forum reception.

:drool:

JohnAH

sillyjilly
28th-April-2004, 07:56 PM
Wow! What a programme, I am so glad that I have booked,
really looking forward to it now. Well done to the organisers.

Bill
29th-April-2004, 10:30 AM
Looks superb............only problem is we have to leave about Sunday tea time to get back up north so I'll miss at least 3 great looking classes and a night of Blues....... :tears:

Dave Hancock
29th-April-2004, 11:07 AM
Can you confirm whether the Nigel & Nina routine on the Saturday will be the same or a different routine from that taught at Camber last weekend???

Lynn
29th-April-2004, 11:24 AM
Looks great :clap:

Only drawback for me is that the blues class on Fri night is the same time as the forum reception. I don't know how to dance blues (we haven't got to it in our classes over here yet). Would love to learn and dance to some of the blues music over the weekend, but also really want to meet the other forumites....:tears:

Bill
29th-April-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Lynn
Looks great :clap:

Only drawback for me is that the blues class on Fri night is the same time as the forum reception. I don't know how to dance blues (we haven't got to it in our classes over here yet). Would love to learn and dance to some of the blues music over the weekend, but also really want to meet the other forumites....:tears:

well there's a few forumites who enjoy 'bluesing' and although not at Nigel's level I'd love to show you some basics :D ....... but if you have a dance with Nigel you'll be doing some (very) bluesy moves whether you know it or not :innocent:

stewart38
29th-April-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Can you confirm whether the Nigel & Nina routine on the Saturday will be the same or a different routine from that taught at Camber last weekend???

Its funny I enjoyed doing that routine but would I have enjoyed watching it ?

I guess you can do a bit with 2 or 3hrs practice but obvioulsy to do something write your talking weeks if not months ?

Not sure what people who watched it thought

Lynn
29th-April-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Bill
well there's a few forumites who enjoy 'bluesing' and although not at Nigel's level I'd love to show you some basics :D ....... but if you have a dance with Nigel you'll be doing some (very) bluesy moves whether you know it or not :innocent:

:cheers:

I have never even seen bluesy moves (to my knowledge) though the past few weeks the teacher has been running classes showing moves to faster music and swing music so maybe he will do blues music. I suppose its a bit easier for the woman - just follow the lead? I guess I just want to see/try a wide range of different styles and music - we have a lovely class here but its still just one small class and limited in terms of time and venue.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend!

Dave Hancock
29th-April-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Its funny I enjoyed doing that routine but would I have enjoyed watching it ?

I guess you can do a bit with 2 or 3hrs practice but obvioulsy to do something write your talking weeks if not months ?

Not sure what people who watched it thought

Also enjoyed doing the routine, although didn't perform it at night as had been down in the blues room and forgot about it until the DJ announced that caberet's were about to performed.

My own opinion watching it was that it looked allright given the time that had gone into the preparation, although it did seem very messy and the lines etc when you moved were very messy and also the timing seemed to have gone out of the routine, although it was fun to watch and everyone who performed seemed to have a good time which is the main thing.

From reading Martin's post I think that he may have been of the same opinion on how it looked.

Martin
5th-May-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
From reading Martin's post I think that he may have been of the same opinion on how it looked.

Well I did not see it :blush: I was busy getting glitter out of my eye at the time.

The routines that Nina and Nigel put together for people to perform in the evening are great. A good way to make people feel included. It is also fun to watch friends proudly show the results of thier hard work.:clap:

In my opinion it would lose context if it were performed elsewhere.
Clearly there is only so much you can do in a few hours with dancers of all abilities.

It is great to see the enthusiasm grow for people to be included in "team" routines. I love doing team routines and have lots of opertunity to do them in Australia, hopefully the opertunities will now build momentum in the UK.:cheers:

under par
5th-May-2004, 02:49 PM
fantastic line up, gonna have to pace myself though!!:cheers: :whistle:

Paul F
6th-May-2004, 03:01 PM
It may well have been mentioned before but does anyone know if I can just pay for the Saturday night party???

(and obviously just come on the saturday :grin: ) :confused:

TheTramp
6th-May-2004, 03:25 PM
Hiya Paul

I'm sure that John or Wes will see your question and answer it soon enough.

If you need a quicker answer, possibly best to email them directly. There's a 'contact us' link on the website...

www.jiveaddiction.com

Trampy

johnah
6th-May-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi Forumites,

It is virtually impossible to please everyone when planning a weekend schedule of workshops, clashes are sometimes unavoidable. But Wes & I do listen hence, THE BLUES CLASS with Nigel & Nina has been re-scheduled for MIDNIGHT on Friday 14 May. Our thanks to Nigel & Nina for agreeing to this.
:clap:

So, Forumites, you can now attend BOTH your meeting and The Blues class if you wish. :wink:

The Southport Extravadanca is now just a week away, phew!! Our plans are well in place and we're looking forward to a greeaaaaat weekend of fun. For those of you that are booked in, your tickets and the weekend's programme are in the post to you.

See you all next Friday.

Lynn
6th-May-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by johnah
Hi Forumites,

It is virtually impossible to please everyone when planning a weekend schedule of workshops, clashes are sometimes unavoidable. But Wes & I do listen hence, THE BLUES CLASS with Nigel & Nina has been re-scheduled for MIDNIGHT on Friday 14 May. Our thanks to Nigel & Nina for agreeing to this.

So, Forumites, you can now attend BOTH your meeting and The Blues class if you wish.

Yeah!! :clap: Great - I'll be at both!! :clap:

TheTramp
6th-May-2004, 03:51 PM

So, Forumites, you can now attend BOTH your meeting and The Blues class if you wish. :wink: Fantastic level of customer service.....

I'm sure that the whole weekend will be a total blast....

Trampy

johnah
6th-May-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
It may well have been mentioned before but does anyone know if I can just pay for the Saturday night party???

(and obviously just come on the saturday :grin: ) :confused:

:yeah:

The Southport Extravadanca is a weekend residential event and licensing restrictions apply in respect of separate night admission. Security is also an issue to seriously consider but, if you really do want to come for just the Saturday night, call me as suggested to you in my PM and I'll see if something can be done.

:wink:

Tiggerbabe
6th-May-2004, 08:06 PM
I promise to stick with Paul F on Saturday night and make sure he behaves himself :wink: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
6th-May-2004, 10:51 PM
Doubt we'll make it early enough for the forum meeting :tears: but if I wear the strokeable trousers maybe people will find me later on at the party :innocent: :innocent:

Paul F
7th-May-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
I promise to stick with Paul F on Saturday night and make sure he behaves himself :wink: :wink:

'Sheena the Strokable Chaperone'

Try saying that after a few beers :grin:

Liz
7th-May-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Fantastic level of customer service.....

I'm sure that the whole weekend will be a total blast....

Trampy

I agree with you Trampy. John and Wes are doing a fantastic job -and I'm really looking forward to the Weekend. I've checked the weather for next week - and think swimming cozzies are definitely a consideration!!

On the other hand (ladies) or (gents) if you don't want to miss any classes by sunbathing, I have it on good authority that there'll be someone offering 'Airbrush Tanning' - so it'll be possible to turn up at the freestyles looking like you just spent 2 weeks in the Med.

P.s., enjoyed my dance with you at Camber!!!

johnah
7th-May-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Liz
I have it on good authority that there'll be someone offering 'Airbrush Tanning' - so it'll be possible to turn up at the freestyles looking like you just spent 2 weeks in the Med.

Me thinks 'someone' has been talking to a few ladies out there but, yes, there will be an airbrush tanning facility at Southport during the weekend and, professional masseurs on hand offering their services to any aching limbs. At only £10 per 30 minute session for a professional massage, that's excellent value compared to other weekenders I've been to.

You will also be able to order a video/DVD of the Extravadanca during the weekend for just £17.50 per video and £20 per DVD. Again, good value compared to other events! But, that's what we're all about - giving dancers excellent value all round. After the weekend it will be £20 and £25 respectively so, be sure to find time to order your copy at the Jive Addiction desk.

As I posted yesterday, Admission tickets and the weekend's programme were despatched to everyone on Wednesday and if you haven't got yours yet, you soon will have afterall, they went first class!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, a week today and dancers will have already begun to arrive in readiness for a weekend of sheer fun. Around 800+ are booked in with more still coming in daily so, I really do think Southport is gonna ROCK! As it will be the North's biggest ever Jive Weekender!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :clap:

Dancers are coming from all over the UK and, I'm sure all Forumites will give a very warm welcome to Lynn and her contingent from Belfast especially. The challenge guys - is to dance her socks off!!! Are you up for it?

TheTramp
7th-May-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Liz
P.s., enjoyed my dance with you at Camber!!! You did. Did you tell me who you were? So many dances that weekend :blush:

Trampy

Lynn
7th-May-2004, 05:44 PM
Dancers are coming from all over the UK and, I'm sure all Forumites will give a very warm welcome to Lynn and her contingent from Belfast especially.
:cheers: We are all looking forward to it! First weekender for all of us and sounds like it will be GREAT!!!

Yogi_Bear
7th-May-2004, 09:03 PM
My copies of the programme have arrived - and they look great! :cheers:
Very glossy and professional. I am confidently expecting an exceptional weekend. We might even make it in time for the rearranged blues class at midnight on Friday.....looks like another couple of late nights coming up.
yb

DangerousCurves
10th-May-2004, 12:04 AM
Mikey has asked me to post a note to give people advance notice that his Sunday "Sinful Fun Class" will be a proper (?surely "improper"?!) Strictly Sinful Class with the one, the only, High Priestess of Sin, Marianne.

As such, it will be a FIXED PARTNER ONLY class. This has not been stated in the programme, so he wanted to give people as much warning as possible to find a partner they know well, preferably biblically!

If you've never done a Strictly Sinful class before - rest assured, this is a necessary precaution. If you are a hardened veteran of Sinful I, Sinful II, Sinful III - Menage a Trois, and Sinful IV - The Burning Flame (don't ask - please!!!)... then you know what to expect, and I'll pray for your mortal souls....:wink:

under par
10th-May-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DangerousCurves
Mikey has asked me to post a note to give people advance notice that his Sunday "Sinful Fun Class" will be a proper (?surely "improper"?!) Strictly Sinful Class with the one, the only, High Priestess of Sin, Marianne.

As such, it will be a FIXED PARTNER ONLY class. This has not been stated in the programme, so he wanted to give people as much warning as possible to find a partner they know well, preferably biblically!

I still don't know anybody this well!!!!:rofl: :whistle:

Liz
10th-May-2004, 11:02 AM
You did. Did you tell me who you were? So many dances that weekend :blush:

Trampy
I didn't tell you who I was, because you never asked!!
Looking forward to another dance at Southport??

TheTramp
10th-May-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Liz
I didn't tell you who I was, because you never asked!!
Looking forward to another dance at Southport?? Okie. At Southport, I'll ask everyone I dance with "Are you Liz??" :D

Trampy

Dreadful Scathe
10th-May-2004, 11:31 AM
Okie. At Southport, I'll ask everyone I dance with "Are you Liz??" :D

why, Yes I am :)

TheTramp
10th-May-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
why, Yes I am :) Fantastic!!

See, it worked already.

Though, I had imagined you a little less hairy.... :what:

Trampy

Liz
10th-May-2004, 12:04 PM

Trampy
Well you could try that, but there may be loadsssssssss of Liz's?? Imposters even??

azande
10th-May-2004, 12:07 PM

Trampy

But she might not reply if it is her second name! ( :what: Am I talking about the right Liz?)

TheTramp
10th-May-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by azande
But she might not reply if it is her second name! ( :what: Am I talking about the right Liz?) You're all just trying to make it difficult for me!! :tears:

Trampy

Martin
10th-May-2004, 12:25 PM
You're all just trying to make it difficult for me!! :tears:

Trampy

Maybe you could be more polite in future and ask the ladies thier name then...:kiss: :kiss:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-May-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Martin
Maybe you could be more polite in future and ask the ladies thier name then...:kiss: :kiss:

Now that hes said this though, everyone is going to say their name is Liz.

Im Liz. No, Im Liz. Im the real Liz. Im Peter Phillips. :)

TheTramp
10th-May-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Martin
Maybe you could be more polite in future and ask the ladies thier name then...:kiss: :kiss: So, you're telling me that you know the names of all the ladies that you've danced with?? (There will be a quiz).

Anyhow, wouldn't it be considered polite, if you know someone, but they don't know you, to introduce yourself??

Trampy

azande
10th-May-2004, 12:32 PM
You're all just trying to make it difficult for me!! :tears:

Trampy

Maybe I could give you some hints on Wednesday, if you are good and play nice music! :wink:

TheTramp
10th-May-2004, 12:34 PM
Maybe I could give you some hints on Wednesday, if you are good and play nice music! :wink: How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going to play The Mavericks for you?!?

Trampy

Liz
10th-May-2004, 12:38 PM
So, you're telling me that you know the names of all the ladies that you've danced with?? (There will be a quiz).

Anyhow, wouldn't it be considered polite, if you know someone, but they don't know you, to introduce yourself??

Trampy
But not so much fun!!! Eh??

Liz
10th-May-2004, 12:41 PM
Maybe I could give you some hints on Wednesday, if you are good and play nice music! :wink:
No help allowed :wink:

TheTramp
10th-May-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Liz
But not so much fun!!! Eh?? Meanie!! :tears:

That's it. I'm never telling anyone who I am either!! :whistle:

Trampy

azande
10th-May-2004, 01:10 PM
How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going to play The Mavericks for you?!?

Trampy :confused:

Liz
10th-May-2004, 01:40 PM
Meanie!! :tears:

That's it. I'm never telling anyone who I am either!! :whistle:

Trampy
You don't have to!!!:worthy:

stewart38
10th-May-2004, 02:58 PM
I wonder if we should do a Southport v Camber thread

Ive just recieved my ticket (903) and glossy colour brochure of the events (32 pages)

All I saw at Camber was a single page black and white spread ?

1-0 to Southport so far

weather is looking good as well so suggest workshops should be held on the beach ?:waycool:

Lounge Lizard
10th-May-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
I wonder if we should do a Southport v Camber thread

Ive just recieved my ticket (903) and glossy colour brochure of the events (32 pages)

All I saw at Camber was a single page black and white spread ?

1-0 to Southport so far

weather is looking good as well so suggest workshops should be held on the beach ?:waycool: I would be happy to do an extra workshop on the beach as will others I expect
How about a notice board for such things?

Camber vs Southport
please dont, yes there are a number of things at Camber that could be changed

This is Jive addiction's first event and they have done there homework, they have looked at other events picked out what could be improved and dealt with it, for which they deserve praise
but Franco's weekends are very good and although there is room for immprovement in any event including his, the Camber vs Southport thing is not the way forward IMO
by the end of the year I would have worked for the following weekend event organisers...
Jivetime
Rock Bottoms
Beach Boogie
Boogaloo
Jive Bug
Jive Weekender's
Blitz
jive Addiction
Ceroc plus
Rebel Yell

They all have their own merits and faults, but Franco was the first and we have him to thank for starting it all off.
Franco is also the most loyal organiser to his teachers DJ's and helpers I have ever met.
I expect the Camber vs Southport comparison will be inevitable but please dont encourage it.

And if there are things that weekenders could benefit from PLEASE tell the organiser DIRECT
Peter

under par
11th-May-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Yogi_Bear
My copies of the programme have arrived - and they look great! :cheers:
Very glossy and professional. I am confidently expecting an exceptional weekend. looks like another couple of late nights coming up.
yb

Yes just recieved my programme it is an excellent pocket sized colour brochure.

Can't wait to get dancing Friday night:worthy: :cheers:

johnah
11th-May-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
I would be happy to do an extra workshop on the beach as will others I expect
How about a notice board for such things?

Camber vs Southport
please dont, yes there are a number of things at Camber that could be changed

This is Jive addiction's first event and they have done there homework, they have looked at other events picked out what could be improved and dealt with it, for which they deserve praise
but Franco's weekends are very good and although there is room for immprovement in any event including his, the Camber vs Southport thing is not the way forward IMO
by the end of the year I would have worked for the following weekend event organisers...
Jivetime
Rock Bottoms
Beach Boogie
Boogaloo
Jive Bug
Jive Weekender's
Blitz
jive Addiction
Ceroc plus
Rebel Yell

They all have their own merits and faults, but Franco was the first and we have him to thank for starting it all off.
Franco is also the most loyal organiser to his teachers DJ's and helpers I have ever met.
I expect the Camber vs Southport comparison will be inevitable but please dont encourage it.

And if there are things that weekenders could benefit from PLEASE tell the organiser DIRECT
Peter

Spot on Peter!!

william_ceroc
11th-May-2004, 03:37 PM
Just a little Advice to anyone who hasnt been to Southport before, I was there last weekend at the southport weekender. the accom isnt as good as Isle of white, The Gathering or Camber. So I would say to anyone thats going "take your own bedding + pillows"
You have been warned!!

Great dance floors and great teachers you will have a ball enjoy

From the oldest raver around

stewart38
11th-May-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by william_ceroc
Just a little Advice to anyone who hasnt been to Southport before, I was there last weekend at the southport weekender. the accom isnt as good as Isle of white, The Gathering or Camber. So I would say to anyone thats going "take your own bedding + pillows"
You have been warned!!

Isn't as good as Camber !!

I wasnt joking about the ants and woodlice at camber

Do I need to have a tetanus injection ?

Better dance till 6am and sleep on beach

Lounge Lizard
11th-May-2004, 03:48 PM
thankyou william
pp

Lynn
11th-May-2004, 04:20 PM
So I would say to anyone thats going "take your own bedding + pillows"
You have been warned!! Yep, should be able to fit the duvet into my flight bag - no probs!! :rofl:

TheTramp
11th-May-2004, 04:23 PM
Yep, should be able to fit the duvet into my flight bag - no probs!! :rofl: What Stewart said.

Who needs to sleep anyhow. Dancing finishes at 6am, classes start at 10:30am. Just time for a shower, breakfast and a walk on the beach to clear the head...

Trampy

Neil
11th-May-2004, 04:33 PM
"take your own bedding + pillows" Quoting from JiveAddiction's programme: "All apartments have bed linen, duvets/blankets and pillows, kitchen facilities and utensils etc. Bring with you towels, soap, anti-perspirant, extra toilet tissue and other basic essentials - hairdryer, iron etc.

Don't know about Southport, but at Camber the bed linen is not always of, ahem, the highest quality, but there is some provided.

BTW, since when has a hairdryer been a "basic essential"? :devil:

Neil

TheTramp
11th-May-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Neil
BTW, since when has a hairdryer been a "basic essential"? :devil: All the time. Don't know where I'd be without one.....!!

Trampy

Lynn
11th-May-2004, 04:58 PM
Any other useful ‘things to bring’ for a dance weekender? I know there were some lists on a recent thread for Camber which I have had a look at and they are helpful.

I hate being away and thinking ‘Wish I’d brought…’

Ta
Lynn

Dreadful Scathe
11th-May-2004, 05:09 PM
All the time. Don't know where I'd be without one.....!!

Surely a brisk run on the beach will dry your beard ? :)

TheTramp
11th-May-2004, 05:13 PM
Any other useful ‘things to bring’ for a dance weekender? I know there were some lists on a recent thread for Camber which I have had a look at and they are helpful. Well. It's very difficult, with flying over from 'abroad'. You're pretty limited in what you can bring (no duvets, cooking implements etc).

Lots of clothes. You'll dance more in this weekend than you ever thought possible. I usually take about 18-20 different tops for the 3 days.

I usually take 2 towels. I find myself having about 3-4 showers every day after getting hot during the classes and the dancing, and one towel is never enough.

Usually take some headache tablets. After 9 hours of dancing, I find that when I get back to the chalet, I usually need some to help my head stop spinning so that I can get some sleep.

Tea towels dishclothes and a small bottle of washing up liquid help if you're planning on doing any cooking, since these aren't provided (at the other places anyhow). Also, if you are thinking about doing any cooking at all (instead of just eating in the restaurants all weekend), a sharp knife is usually good, since the knives at all the places I've been are universally crap.

You'll need lots of snacks and things to keep you going, but since you're not driving, you'll probably be better off getting those on site (will cost more, but at least you won't have to carry them far).

You might want to consider earplugs (especially if you're a light sleeper). If you stay until the end, and don't get to bed until 7am, then people walking past at 9am to go to breakfast or the classes at 10:30 will be annoying. Similarly, if you go to bed early, then people who stay later than you might keep you awake - especially if your chalet ends up being on the main throughfare.

Other than that, all the usual sort of things. Hopefully sun-tan lotion for the great weather we're going to have too.... :D

Trampy

PS. And don't forget the fairy lights, eh Lory.... :na:

Lynn
12th-May-2004, 08:47 AM
Lots of clothes. You'll dance more in this weekend than you ever thought possible. I usually take about 18-20 different tops for the 3 days. Probably best to pack my tiniest tops then as that will give me more room in my suitcase.... :wink:

Tea towels dishclothes and a small bottle of washing up liquid help if you're planning on doing any cooking, since these aren't provided (at the other places anyhow). Thanks. I've got teatowels on my list - plus a mug (as I hate those little cups they usually have!).

You might want to consider earplugs (especially if you're a light sleeper). That's a great tip - will bring some.

TheTramp
12th-May-2004, 08:56 AM
Probably best to pack my tiniest tops then as that will give me more room in my suitcase.... :wink: Can't possibly comment :drool:

Trampy

johnah
12th-May-2004, 10:45 AM
You have been warned!!

Interesting comment!! You were obviously at the Northern Soul weekender when the site was brimming to capacity with over 3,500 in attendance and every apartment utilised.

For the Extravadanca there will be between 800 - 900 dancers so plenty of surplus accommodation and, having been to Camber and having inspected the accommodation we are using at Southport, in our opinion the whole Southport Centre is infinitely superior! Also, we are not cramming shed loads of dancers into each apartment either. The 1-beds will have a maximum of 2 people and the 2-beds 4. However, a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel it is not!

Anyway, it's all about the dancing and workshops being provided within a package that gives dancers excellent value! We're gonna have one big dancing party.
clap:

By the way, are you booked in William?

xSalsa_Angelx
12th-May-2004, 12:15 PM
You have been warned!!

Thanks for the Tip william :D I'm a great believer of comfort, but I think my suitcase will be packed full of shoes and too many clothes, hairdryer, straightners and all the usual girl stuff, so wont have enough room for a pillow :tears:

XsaX

william_ceroc
12th-May-2004, 12:19 PM
"Great dance floors and great teachers you will have a ball enjoy"

Yes I agree it was busy for that weekend(southport weekender) just saying what I saw, But as I said "Great dance floors and great teachers you will have a ball"

I would love to go but only just found out about the event, book me in for next year I know it will be a great event

good luck

:D

johnah
12th-May-2004, 01:16 PM
"Great dance floors and great teachers you will have a ball enjoy"

I would love to go but only just found out about the event, book me in for next year I know it will be a great event

good luck
:D

That's surprising, William. It's been on this Forum since the beginning of the year and on UK-Jive.co.uk : modernjive.com etc and thousands of leaflets have been distributed at venues around the country also.

However, you don't have to wait until next year cos we're coming back in September [17-20] for JIVING YOU WILD, with another fantastic line-up of quality teachers, including:

MARK & SIMONE HARDING, owners of Ceroc Australia and the current Australian Open Modern Jive Champions; Dance legends SIMON SELMON & TAINA KORTELAINEN; VIKTOR ANDEKE; AMIR & KATE; PETER PHILLIPS; MIKEY;
KEITH & JANEY DAVIES; DAVID MARTIN & JAIME; MANDY HENDERSON and the Forum Legend - STEVE LAMPERT.

We'll also have another superb gathering of Top DJs.

Within the next few days our website www.jiveaddiction.com will be updated and contain all the latest information and news.

Meanwhile, back to this weekend, looking forward to meeting up with both old and new friends from the Forum. Over 800 dancers are coming [the phones are still going mad] and the weather forecast is good. So, dancers, get ready to paaaaaaaaaarty!!!!

See you all on Friday.

Tiggerbabe
12th-May-2004, 01:25 PM
I usually take about 18-20 different tops for the 3 days.

:what: Pah!!!!! Amateur!!!!!! :rofl: :whistle: :flower:

william_ceroc
12th-May-2004, 01:42 PM
well johnah

Not been dancing for a while some of us do other things 2

good luck again

and sheena thanku for the dance last night

knowing you it will be more like between 18- 20 changes a day

have a great weekend to everyone who is going

:eek:

under par
12th-May-2004, 01:47 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I usually take about 18-20 different tops for the 3 days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pah!!!!! Amateur!!!!!!

I agree with Sheena I've just packed nearly 40 t-shirts and shirts
for the weekend and I think I will be bringing the country's largest laundry bag:whistle: :whistle:

under par
12th-May-2004, 01:48 PM
ps I have just passed 100 and have stopped being a junior member..:clap: :clap: :cheers: :yeah:

Liz
12th-May-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by under par
ps I have just passed 100 and have stopped being a junior member..:clap: :clap: :cheers: :yeah:
Well done under par!!
When I grow up I want to be a 'member' like you!!... Might take me a while though - can only log on when the boss not around.:whistle: :angry:

Neil
12th-May-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Liz
can only log on when the boss not around.:whistle: :angry: I thought you were the boss, Lizzy?? :wink: :devil:

Neil

Liz
12th-May-2004, 02:42 PM
I thought you were the boss, Lizzy?? :wink: :devil:

Neil
Shushhhhhhhhh. Don't let HIM know that though!!!:rolleyes:

TheTramp
12th-May-2004, 02:52 PM
I thought you were the boss, Lizzy?? :wink: :devil:
No, tonight I'll be the boss.....

(bonus points for identifying the lyric)

((unless you're the Real Lounge Lizard, in which case it's negative points))

Trampy

Neil
12th-May-2004, 02:59 PM
No, tonight I'll be the boss..... Oh, baby, you know I like it when you're the boss :devil:

Zebra Woman
5th-June-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh, baby, you know I like it when you're the boss :devil:

You know I like it when you say that I'm the boss :wink: :devil:

Lynn
5th-June-2005, 10:32 PM
ps I have just passed 100 and have stopped being a junior member..:clap: :clap: :cheers: :yeah: :rofl: And a year or so on...

under par
6th-June-2005, 08:02 AM
:rofl: And a year or so on...

The first hundred were the most difficult.......honest! :flower:

stewart38
6th-June-2005, 09:40 AM
Interesting comment!! You were obviously at the Northern Soul weekender when the site was brimming to capacity with over 3,500 in attendance and every apartment utilised.

For the Extravadanca there will be between 800 - 900 dancers so plenty of surplus accommodation and, having been to Camber and having inspected the accommodation we are using at Southport, in our opinion the whole Southport Centre is infinitely superior! Also, we are not cramming shed loads of dancers into each apartment either. The 1-beds will have a maximum of 2 people and the 2-beds 4. However, a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel it is not!

clap:

By the way, are you booked in William?

Well ive been to both and have to agree with the above

Lory
6th-June-2005, 10:23 AM
Not sure if I can upload this but here goes :confused:

I've just made my self an A4 Excel spreadsheet of all the times and rooms! (I know, I'm sad :blush: ) but if it works, you might like to print one off for yourselves! :)

Lory
6th-June-2005, 10:26 AM

It didn't work :sad:

Any ideas :flower:

Lynn
6th-June-2005, 10:27 AM

I've just made my self an A4 Excel spreadsheet of all the times and rooms! (I know, I'm sad :blush: ) but if it works, you might like to print one off for yourselves! :) I did the same - but in Word! So I must be just as sad! Not sure how to attach it though - and yours will probably be better Lory.

drathzel
6th-June-2005, 10:27 AM
It didn't work :sad:

Any ideas?

You could get people who want it to pm you with their email address and you could send it to them that way! :flower:

stewart38
6th-June-2005, 10:28 AM

I've just made my self an A4 Excel spreadsheet of all the times and rooms! (I know, I'm sad :blush: ) but if it works, you might like to print one off for yourselves! :)

What of proposed partner swaping :blush:

Dont we get a say who we would like to swap with ?

Lynn
6th-June-2005, 10:28 AM
Well did this work?

Lory
6th-June-2005, 10:29 AM
I did the same - but in Word! So I must be just as sad! Not sure how to attach it though - and yours will probably be better Lory.
Well, even if I say so myself... it's not too bad! :waycool: :D

Lory
6th-June-2005, 10:36 AM
Well did this work?Yours is perfect Lynn! :worthy:

Lynn
6th-June-2005, 10:47 AM
Yours is perfect Lynn! :worthy: Thanks! :hug:

BTW the last column is for adding any other planned activities - (eg we could note the time of the forum BBQ in there) - useful if you are planning on meeting up with friends to eat or go to the beach etc.

Lory
6th-June-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks! :hug:

BTW the last column is for adding any other planned activities - (eg we could note the time of the forum BBQ in there) - useful if you are planning on meeting up with friends to eat or go to the beach etc.
I put a notes column in too! :D

Mines similar, just flashier :waycool: :D and all on one page! :D

Edited as I posted up the wrong one! :blush:

Lynn
6th-June-2005, 11:33 AM
I put a notes column in too! :D

Mines similar, just flashier :waycool: :D and all on one page! :D With colour too! :worthy:

Little Monkey
6th-June-2005, 11:50 AM
Ooooh, I like it! Cheers! :cheers:

I've downloaded yours, Lynn, and will print it off and use it to plan my weekend.... I still haven't got a clue how to choose which workshops to do!!! Too much to choose from, and a few of the ones I definitely want to do seem to clash! :tears:

I doubt if I'll be able to walk next Monday...... :D

LM

Dreadful Scathe
6th-June-2005, 12:24 PM
I've downloaded yours, Lynn, and will print it off and use it to plan my weekend....

you have plans other than being chased round the dance floor by my big teeth ?

ooh you are organised :)

Lory
6th-June-2005, 01:17 PM
OK I'm going to try again, cos I posted the wrong one last time, I didn't realise but when my PC crashed (for the 1000..... time today) it didn't save the right one!

Fingers crossed! :sick:

Southport Timetable

RoyBoy
6th-June-2005, 01:33 PM
Downloaded both. Could'nt decide on one or the other :worthy: - and I always thaught that was only a female trait!!!!!! :flower:

Little Monkey
8th-June-2005, 09:26 AM
you have plans other than being chased round the dance floor by my big teeth ?

ooh you are organised :)

Well, I can always pretend to be organised and to have plans.... In fact, I have no ink for my printer, so unless I go out and buy some, I won't actually be able to print anything.

Will bring running shoes, tho'...... :whistle:

Scared and Intimidated Little Monkey

Yogi_Bear
8th-June-2005, 04:23 PM
Well did this work?Yes - thanks! Can't wait till Friday to see the programme....I am not a 'lead name'....