PDA

View Full Version : Rock Bottoms, Torquay

Peter
27th-April-2004, 02:43 PM
Im getting so excited ... who is going?

Sheepman
27th-April-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Peter
... who is going? Me & Mrs Sheepy, together with some great dancers who are not on the forum. (I suppose you might get a brief look in, 'cos I can't keep them all busy all of the time :devil: )

Greg

Minnie M
27th-April-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm going - check out my comments from the Camber thread
:clap:

How was your Camber ? (http://http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2828&perpage=20&pagenumber=2)

corrected the URL now

Nick M
27th-April-2004, 06:18 PM
Im getting so excited ... who is going?

I am going, and would be very pleased to make the acquaintance of any forumites. Please say hello - I dont think i know any of you! This is me

http://www.knoco.co.uk/images/nick_milton.jpg

I should be there from Friday night (jetlagged after flying back from Washington), but Sat night I have to pop up to Bristol for a party for a v good friend. Back on Sun morning and staying till Monday.

Minnie M
28th-April-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
I'm going - check out my comments from the Camber thread
Can't get the link right so I have cut and pasted my comments :-

Torquay is gonna be great - besides the great venue (posh hotel with pool etc) - great food (breakfast + eve meal included) - lots of FREE daytime choccies + fruit PLUS the 2am FREE coffee/tea cream cakes etc.

Only about 300 peeps, so different atmosphere, you actually get to know most of your fellow dancers by the end of the weekend

Not so many workshops - but great music (Nelson & JB etc) and the dances go on to silly hours and the standard of dancing is quite high (you could even pop upstairs for a quick shower and change to keep going)

The workshops are not so important to me, so it suits me fine AND Torquay is such a lovely place, lots to see, great beaches (and we are right by the beach) all the main shops (and it is sale time now)

Paul F
28th-April-2004, 02:44 AM
Ive got to say im jealous!!! :blush:

I went to the Torquay one last year. What a fantastic weekend it was. I so wish I was going again.

I hope you all have the best time :cheers:

Simon
4th-May-2004, 08:04 PM
I'll be there. Can't wait! :grin:

Will I finally get that dance, Minnie M? :wink:

Dancers always make an extra special effort for the fancy dress on the Saturday night at Rock Bottoms weekends. I'm guessing people won't want to give away too much, but how is the "Flash" theme being interpreted? :really:

Minnie M
5th-May-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Simon
Will I finally get that dance, Minnie M?

You bet - can't wait :clap:

Originally posted by Simon
.........but how is the "Flash" theme being interpreted? :really:
Dressing OTT - no problem for us girlies - lots of sparkles :D

see ya there Simon :hug:

Sheepman
5th-May-2004, 03:39 PM
lots of sparkles I shall be going as sparkly as poss, without borrowing Andy's wardrobe. :sick:

Greg

ElaineB
6th-May-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Nick M
I am going, and would be very pleased to make the acquaintance of any forumites. Please say hello - I dont think i know any of you! This is me

I should be there from Friday night (jetlagged after flying back from Washington), but Sat night I have to pop up to Bristol for a party for a v good friend. Back on Sun morning and staying till Monday.

Beware girls - he is the one who did the post about the 'golden bullet' :whistle:

See you in Bristol soon Nick! :D

Elaine

Lou
6th-May-2004, 12:43 PM
This is me
Don't you just love it when you actually & suddenly realise who someone is in real life! :clap:

Nick M
6th-May-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ElaineB
See you in Bristol soon Nick!

Tomorrow night??

ElaineB
6th-May-2004, 06:16 PM
Tomorrow night??

Sadly no, Nick!

Not unless you are coming straight back to Bristol on Friday night as well!! :D

I don't think I will get to Rock Bottoms until 2005 unfortunately - I need to check the web to see what is on and where!

You have fun you hear - you, Mark and Simon! I look forward to hearing many tales of debauchery! :D

Elaine

Nick M
6th-May-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ElaineB
Sadly no, Nick!

Not unless you are coming straight back to Bristol on Friday night as well!! :D

Tomorrow is Elmgrove, RBs is the following weekend. Or at least, I hope it is!

ElaineB
7th-May-2004, 11:15 AM
Tomorrow is Elmgrove, RBs is the following weekend. Or at least, I hope it is!

Je suis un dipstick! :D

Yes, should be at Elmgrove tonight, especially as 'our 'Eric has some interesting play lists!

See you later!

Elaine

catherine_redhead
7th-May-2004, 03:40 PM
"Flash" theme : [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't know about the fancy dress thing, does everyone dress up? I'm just wondering what I can throw together that's flash. I guess that "flash" could be interpreted in quite a few ways!!!

catherine_redhead
7th-May-2004, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick M
[B]I am going, and would be very pleased to make the acquaintance of any forumites. Please say hello - I dont think i know any of you! This is me

Hi Nick, I'll be at Torquay so will come and find you for a dance - we've danced before in Bristol. Cath :-)

Gareth
7th-May-2004, 05:51 PM
Nick,
If you want to find catherine_redhead

...........................................just look out for those oh so hot..........HOT PANTS :yum:

Peter
7th-May-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by catherine_redhead
"Flash" theme : .. about the fancy dress thing, does everyone dress up?[/B][/QUOTE]

At least 50% dress up .... take a look at the RB website Click here (http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/gallery/index.asp?folderName=D:\websites\jiveli\www\rockbo ttoms\gallery\images\2004%20Brighton%20April\Satur day\Evening%20(Fools)\Part%201)

Peter
18th-May-2004, 12:34 PM
What a fantastic weekend ... I'm still totally exhausted.

Fantastic dancing, excellent music, superb classes, luxurious accommodation, great swimming pool, good food, glorious weather ... what else can you ask for?

And what can I say about the performance class cabaret, "All that jazz"? :drool: I hear that the DVD sales have shot through the roof ... mostly male purchasers, for some strange reason ...

... I hope at least one person was able to keep themselves together for long enough to remember to take a digital camera pic - or is that too much to ask? In my dreams ...

Minnie M
18th-May-2004, 02:36 PM
... what else can you ask for?

What about what the very very pretty waitress nearly did :whistle: nearly

Thanks for the dances Peter :kiss:

Peter
18th-May-2004, 05:05 PM
... what the very very pretty waitress nearly did :whistle:

Methinks that the RockBottoms DVD featuring (a) that waitress (was she really that pretty? I think she was!)'s actions plus (b) the "chair" girls in the "All that Jazz" routine would be lucky to secure an 18 certificate ...

And thanks for the lovely dances Minnie ...