PDA

View Full Version : Filming Pilot for the New Strictly Come Dancing

RobC
23rd-April-2004, 02:31 PM
The BBC are filming a pilot for the new Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow.

See this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2815&postid=60572#post60572) for more details.

I'll be there - anyone else interested ?

xSalsa_Angelx
26th-April-2004, 12:24 PM
So when is this being shown on TV then?

RobC
26th-April-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
So when is this being shown on TV then?
The pilot is not for transmission - some of the celebs weren't even there - they had standing dancers (presumable the pro-half of the parnterships' real partner).
This all made it quite interesting when the all-pro-couples did a spotless performance only to have the judges rip the poor standin to shreds as if he were the real celeb who had completely cocked it up.... :rofl:

When the real filming begins, I guess depends on whether the BBC bosses liked the look and feel of the pilot. Personally, if I wasn't into dancing, I would have switched off after the first couple of minutes. It's a case of Celebrity Pop-Idol meets Ballroom Dancing - reality TV gone mad. Nothing like the old favourite - 'Come Dancing'.

Jive Brummie
26th-April-2004, 03:56 PM
So i'm guessing from everyone's comments that the BBC researchers didn't actually ask any 'real' dancers what they thought of their idea before putting it into action then??

Seems a bit daft eh!!
Maybe we should think of who the programme is actually aimed at and hence the BBC's idea of entertainment.
From the sounds of it, it's more for saturday-night-stayers-in-that-don't-dance-and-just-watch-tv, than for dancers. I'm finding that hard to believe though as surely the first bunch of people don't really exist.....do they??:confused:

I was hoping to nab a few moves as well................pah!!!!!!!!

............oh, and i don't know if i've missed this already, but does anyone know who the 'stars' are going to be??

James.......xx

RobC
26th-April-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
............oh, and i don't know if i've missed this already, but does anyone know who the 'stars' are going to be??
The names that were used in the pilot (some of which weren't actually there and had stand-ins) were Claire Sweeney, David Dickinson, some rugby player (forgotten his name - a League player I think), a young chap from Eastenders, one of the young nurses from Casulty (or was it Holby City), a female news reader (damn, I knew I should have been taking note of the names.....) erm, can't remember the rest.

Jive Brummie
26th-April-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by RobC
The names that were used in the pilot (some of which weren't actually there and had stand-ins) were Claire Sweeney, David Dickinson, some rugby player (forgotten his name - a League player I think), a young chap from Eastenders, one of the young nurses from Casulty (or was it Holby City), a female news reader (damn, I knew I should have been taking note of the names.....) erm, can't remember the rest.

With a top quality line-up including David "The Duke" Dickinson, I'd be a fool if I missed a single show. Thank the lord for the licence fee:whistle:

James......xx