PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 1st May in London

Tiggerbabe
22nd-April-2004, 12:37 AM
So does anyone know what's on in London on the 1st May - coming down for the Champs and obviously need to go and dance somewhere on the Saturday night.

A few of us Scots will be making the journey, and it would be great to be able to have a wee birl around a dancefloor
:grin:

Looking forward to lots of fab dances on the Sunday too :flower: :flower:

Pammy
22nd-April-2004, 09:32 AM
I've not heard of anything being on that Saturday night, but if there isn't anything, perhaps we could all meet up for a drink/meal somewhere? Looking forward to seeing you all :grin:

Pamsonite
x

Dave Hancock
22nd-April-2004, 09:34 AM
Is there not a school party we could gate-crash:devil: :devil:

TheTramp
22nd-April-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Is there not a school party we could gate-crash:devil: :devil: Some of us are a little old for one of those :tears:

Someone in the London area must have a dance on that night, surely. I've looked at Lynda's list, but it's not got the May dates yet.

Trampy

Dave Hancock
22nd-April-2004, 09:41 AM
Pair of shorts, a blazer and a wee cap and I'm sure you'd waltz in Mr T:D

TheTramp
22nd-April-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Pair of shorts, a blazer and a wee cap and I'm sure you'd waltz in Mr T:D Hmmm. Have you ever seen me waltz?? Ask Lisa, she'll tell you just how lousy I am at it!!

Maybe I could blues my way in instead?? :whistle:

Trampy

Bill
22nd-April-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Some of us are a little old for one of those :tears:

Trampy

And some of us are way too old for it ...............:rolleyes: :sick: :whistle:

Sheepman
22nd-April-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
So does anyone know what's on in London on the 1st May - Not quite London, but no problem if you have transport:-

FREESTYLE NIGHT MAY 1st at WINDSOR

Our third freestyle night of the 2004 programme is being held on May 1st at the New Windsor Community Centre in Hanover Way, Dedworth, Windsor, SL4 5NW. Dancing is from 8pm to 11.30pm …then it’s into the Tea Lounge until midnight, where you can chill out with tea, coffee and biscuits with our compliments.

Just a reminder that the venue has a licensed bar

Minnie M
22nd-April-2004, 08:19 PM
Will be updating the web tonight - so far this is what I have found:-

spindr
23rd-April-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Not quite London, but no problem if you have transport:-

UK-Jive says "The Dance Inn" are charging £2 membership fee, plus £7 admission.

I turned up to their first freestyle but decided it wasn't worth paying the extra for the obligatory membership -- £9 seemed a bit "stiff" for just a freestyle.

SpinDr.

TheTramp
23rd-April-2004, 01:38 AM
So, basically, there is no dancing in London the night before the champs.

Last year, there were 2 nights running, which I think made both suffer. And this year there's none :(

So, who's going to rent a hall and get a night going then!! :D

Trampy

Divissima
23rd-April-2004, 10:03 AM
Alternatively, why not come down on Friday to go to Debster's leaving party held concurrently with Twyford's Friday night class and freestyle?

Twyford is always a fantastic night and lovely venue. Worth a visit if you are around on Friday.

Bill
23rd-April-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Divissima

Twyford is always a fantastic night and lovely venue. Worth a visit if you are around on Friday.

Great teachers and some wonderful dancers............. :D :clap: Just sorry I won't be there as we don't fly down till Saturday morning. :sad:

fruitcake
23rd-April-2004, 12:32 PM
And for those of you who are stuck in the North east of Scotland, remember its Students Torcher day, so come along to Union Street and support your local charities, I am on one of the floats, so feel free to fling your £1 coins at me!!!
I will have blonde plaitts and two large grapefruit down the front of my top,(I will be a Bavarian Frau!)
Fruitcake

stewart38
23rd-April-2004, 02:21 PM
Tring are having there first saturday event on 1st May maybe a bit far for you

Tiggerbabe
23rd-April-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Tring are having their first saturday event on 1st May maybe a bit far for you
Who?
What?
Where?
When as in 8pm - midnight or whatever?
How much?
And can we get there? Bearing in mind we will be relying on taxis - the tube or our feet :wink:

Paul F
23rd-April-2004, 07:14 PM
Sounds like the 100 club may be the only 'inner London' choice. I wanted to go so many times while I was down ther but never got the chance :sad:
Not sure how appropriate it is for MJ though. Someone might know!

Alas, we are only coming down on the Sunday morning so wont be able to make it to the 100 club this time either :mad:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-April-2004, 07:21 PM
Either that Paul, or we just take over some pub/club that has good music and a nice floor.

Hope we can catch a dance or 6 on Sunday then :kiss: :hug: :drool:

Paul F
23rd-April-2004, 10:06 PM

Hope we can catch a dance or 6 on Sunday then

You betcha :hug: Just try and get away :grin:

Stuart
24th-April-2004, 01:25 PM
Who?
What?
Where?
When as in 8pm - midnight or whatever?
How much?
And can we get there? Bearing in mind we will be relying on taxis - the tube or our feet :wink:

The last time I travelled on the West Coast mainline, the train ground to a halt somewhere near Tring!

Seriously though, Tring is normally 30-40 minutes from Euston. Don't know how far the venue is from the station or train times.

Sheepman
26th-April-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Someone might know! The crowd there are always happy to see MJ, Lindy, whatever in action, but especially on a Saturday night they're unlikely to give you any space. Though there is a small corner usually free next to the gents! :sick:
I always have a good night there, except for the thick clouds of smoke.

Greg

Peter
26th-April-2004, 11:11 AM
.. The Dance Inn at Windsor. I haven't been for ages so don't know what it is like these days.

Sheepman has been here ... Click here for the evidence (http://www.thedanceinn.co.uk/home.asp)

The New Windsor Community Centre, Hanover Way, Dedworth, Windsor, SL4 5NW
Parking - Plenty of close by parking
Start time - Doors open at 8pm
Entry - Members £7
New members £7 + £2 membership
Bar - Fully licensed bar facilities, last orders 11.00pm
Please don't bring your own drinks - We will make sure water is available!
Music - Music from 8.00 - 11.30pm
All sounds played both old and current to suit everybody!
Dance floor - Fully sprung...fantastic for dancing!
Refreshments - Tea, Coffee, biscuits and cakes served from 1130 - Midnight in the Tea Lounge!

Sheepman
27th-April-2004, 02:56 PM
I've just received this from Graham at Dance Inn, he hasn't said what sort of evidence he will require, but at least those travelling from Scotland can save themselves the £2 membership fee:-

I understand exactly what you mean...we have in the past not charged anybody who is only visiting the area...trouble is people do travel miles to dance...but I think Scotland would definitely qualify! So please pass it on.

Overall we probably just cover our costs by the membership fee...I post over 70 newsletters to members who haven't given an Email address for instance.

Greg