PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Party: First Move?

John S
15th-September-2002, 08:09 PM
OK, what went wrong?????

There was I, having fought my way through the M8 traffic to Partick Burgh Hall for my first time at a Glasgow Ceroc Party Night, ready to strut my stuff (and be marked for sexiness by Dancing Vila) only to be met by a horde of wedding guests saying "Ceroc, whit's that, Jimmy?"

Then followed a long and frustrating tour of the mean streets of Glasgow, to find the Woodside Halls that everyone had decamped to. By then my party spirit had pretty much evaporated and the attractions of the local cinemas seemed overwhelming.

But once I eventually got there it was a good night, excellent music (thanks, Bob), a nice venue (but hot) and best of all free chocolate bars on the tables - but oh dear the bar prices - £2.50 for a Soda & Lime!!!!!!!!!
(Never did identify Dancing Vila either!)

Seriously, Franck, I gather there was a double booking and I don't suppose it was your fault, so as you will have lost money (a) with giving us all discounts for our inconvenience, and (b) by a lot of people not finding their way to Woodside Halls, I hope you'll be claiming that from the Council or whoever was responsible.

Franck
15th-September-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by John S
OK, what went wrong?????Quite simply John, I did :sorry :sad:
The Partick Burgh Halls (and indeed most party venues are booked months (years?) in advance, and last Christmas, when I was booking ahead, I was told the hall was not available on that date, and rather than change the date, I opted (at the time) to book the Woodside hall.
Unfortunately, I did not diary a reminder of the change, and promptly proceeded to forget all about it :sorry

I do apologize to everyone who wasted time on Saturday, and as you pointed out as result, I cut the admission price.

There are no other changes in the pipeline for Partick, but I will keep you all posted if and when.

Sorry I did not get to speak to you last night, and I did not see "Dancing Vila" there either...

One of the positive things about the change, is that the workshop on Saturday next week will be in the same venue, so anyone who got lost on the way, will have no problem finding it next week.

Franck.

Janet
16th-September-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Originally posted by John S
OK, what went wrong?????Quite simply John, I did :sorry :sad:Not sure that everyone heard that, Franck. Could you say it again, a little LOUDER this time?!! :wink:

I mean come on, FC got so lost she ended up in Nantwich!!! :sick:

So congratulations to everyone who made it to the 'revised' venue for the Glasgow Party on Saturday. :D It was a great night, if a little slow to get going. Slightly ironic that we had more visitors from futher afield than usual - London, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Dunfermline to name but a few. Didn't realise that was your first Party night in Glasgow, John. How can it possibly have taken you so long to find us? (No pun intended.)
I hope that some of you will manage to visit us again, back at our usual Partick venue, which you all know the way to by now of course. :yum:

Cheers,
Janet

filthycute
16th-September-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Janet

I mean come on, FC got so lost she ended up in Nantwich!!! :sick:

Cheers,
Janet well that was my excuse :rolleyes:
unfortunately they managed to find out where i came from, despite my claims of amnesia, and promptly sent me back home :tears:

must get lost more often :wink:

filthcyute MAd. x x