PDA

View Full Version : G W Can't Handle it, Can You?

Sheepman
19th-April-2004, 02:01 PM
Greatest Mistakes

For anyone who saw the footage of George Bush squirming over the question of his greatest mistake, after the laughter died down, did anyone have a touch of sympathy for the guy? Surely you've got to have a giant ego to be the President, and admitting to mistakes is never easy.

So is anyone brave enough to tell us about their biggest mistake? I'm not, as what feels like my biggest mistake is not for these pages, but not much further down a long list, there are plenty I'd admit to, just one for now:-

Originally posted by Stuart M
The very existence of Come Dancing on TV, with its sequins, painted grins, and general twee-ness, put me off the idea of partner dancing for years and years :yeah:
I also had the problem of a mother heavily into ballroom, not a cool image for a teenager, and the music! Give me Black Sabbath any day rather than Herb Albert.

So as dancing is currently such an important part of my life, I would have to say that not taking it up as a teenager was a huge mistake. I was even persuaded by a friend to go along to a Latin class while I was at school. (She did have to work on me for several months before I reluctantly agreed.) I enjoyed the evening, but couldn't get past the image thing. If I'd taken it up then, I might even have been good by now :tears:

Greg