PDA

View Full Version : Jive Bar Still Jumpin?

DaveD
18th-April-2004, 12:10 PM
Another business trip to London is looming!

Hopefully manage a visit to the Jive Bar on Wednesday, or will all the regulars be practising furiously with their normal partners for Hammersmith, now its being televised? :sad:

Dave

Dreadful Scathe
18th-April-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by DaveD
Another business trip to London is looming!

Hopefully manage a visit to the Jive Bar on Wednesday, or will all the regulars be practising furiously with their normal partners for Hammersmith, now its being televised? :sad:

thought that had closed ?

DaveD
18th-April-2004, 10:37 PM
Well it was certainly buzzing when I was down to London in February! Do you know something I don't?

D

Minnie M
18th-April-2004, 11:20 PM
Not to be confused with (as email received today)

Jongleurs is now closed for the next three months during refurbishment works. In the meantime, we are moving the Wednesday class to Wessex House 1a St Johns Hill (virtually opposite Clapham Junction Station)

Divissima
19th-April-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi Dave

The Jive Bar is still jumping - it moved venues last year, then moved back to its original venue at the start of this year which is what I think DS means.

But should be at Mary Ward House as usual on Wednesday. I will see you there and hope for a dance (or two). Will you wear a red carnation?

La Diva

DaveD
19th-April-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi Divissima,

Don't think a red carnation is quite my thing - tee shirts don't have buttonholes :grin:

Maybe a Blackpool tee shirt, or my favourite Ceroc t Shirt - red with "Double" on it for when I do double trouble with Sheena and Heather of the Dundee mad crew.

See you on Wednesday,

Dave

foxylady
20th-April-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Hi Dave

The Jive Bar is still jumping - it moved venues last year, then moved back to its original venue at the start of this year which is what I think DS means.

But should be at Mary Ward House as usual on Wednesday. I will see you there and hope for a dance (or two). Will you wear a red carnation?

La Diva

Hi Divi - if you are coming on weds does that mean you are demoing ?

FL

Divissima
20th-April-2004, 03:09 PM
Hi Tessa

Not demoing - the lovely Debster is likely to be up on stage I reckon, although not sure if Billco is teaching this week. Will be lovely to see you - haven't seen you in ages now!

La Diva

Debster
20th-April-2004, 06:02 PM
No Billco this week, but I'll be there 'socially' (read: practising like a mad-woman, which isn't very sociable, sorry).

Hopefully Billco and I will take the stage again next week. :D

see ya there!

Doc Iain
20th-April-2004, 10:25 PM
:tears: Not going to be there this week... demo'ing in clapham if anyone is around south london kicking their heels!

See you all soon
:cheers: :hug:

Pammy
21st-April-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Doc Iain
See you all soon :hug:

You was missed on Saturday :tears: Barry Shnikov was there - could've done a full "run" afterwards!

Doc Iain
21st-April-2004, 11:11 AM
i know i know :tears: :tears: but I was forced to go back home to test drive my parents new hottub :waycool: (with a bar) :cheers:
I bumped into him on friday at Don's birthday and had a good chat with him. Was nice to catch up.

Pammy
21st-April-2004, 11:14 AM
Was nice to catch up.

There's catching up and there's eating up... :yum:

Boy, I think it has to be 100 boiled yams punishment for you :wink:

Doc Iain
21st-April-2004, 11:17 AM
Yams... :drool:

I was talking to a bloke about those too!... he had just spent 6months in the south pacific (but he stayed in hotels you know...and did not really encounter the yam phenomonen)
:worthy:

Pammy
21st-April-2004, 11:20 AM
Yams... :drool:

Boiled, Fried, Curried, Sauteed, Mashed, Baked...

Perhaps you should have a Yam Party this summer - everyone brings a different Yam dish :grin:

Doc Iain
21st-April-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Boiled, Fried, Curried, Sauteed, Mashed, Baked...

Perhaps you should have a Yam Party this summer - everyone brings a different Yam dish :grin:

then again.....they could just bring wine :cheers:

Divissima
21st-April-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi Doc
Haven't seen you in ages. Is this explained by the '+Banbury' part of your location?? Have you ceroced in Leamington Spa yet?

I am very disappointed you won't be at JB tonight - will have to console myself somehow.

Dave D - don't know if you are looking at the Forum today, if you are, I will be the woman all in red tonight. Hope to catch you for a couple of dances.

Doc Iain
21st-April-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Divissima

I am very disappointed you won't be at JB tonight - will have to console myself somehow.

me too.... AND i have been coming to the unmentionable place on tuesdays for the last few weeks, kept exspecting to spot you across a crowded dance floor but never did. I should bd JB'ing next week though :)

And re. banbury, not been up there other than for the weekend, which did mean I missed hammersmith and the kent club (or should that be hammersmith x2?) over the weekend, both of which I wanted to go to!
C u soon

:hug: :cheers:

DaveD
21st-April-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi you Jive bar people, I'm just checking out the forum from a web cafe on Tottenham court road!

Looking forward to dancing with Divissima and Foxy Lady :grin:, (noting Debsters comment about practising like a mad woman :sad: - oh well maybe next time!)

Dave

Divissima
22nd-April-2004, 12:56 PM
Fantastic to meet you last night, Dave. And thank you for my lovely dances - I was sooo greedy and had at least four :blush:
:waycool:

DaveD
22nd-April-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh well, back in sunny Scotland after another great night at the Jive bar. Nice to meet you too Divi - thanks for your post - the dances were fab :flower:

Nice to dance with FL again - makes the trip to London worthwhile :wink:

See you all next time

Dave

foxylady
22nd-April-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveD

Nice to dance with FL again - makes the trip to London worthwhile :wink:

See you all next time

Dave

:hug: such a sweetie !! Wanted to catch you for more later, but didn't get a chance to draw breath let alone seek anyone out... Such a great night...

Look forward to next time..

FL