PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Teaching Videos

Brian Doolan
17th-April-2004, 02:53 PM
My wife and me have been dancing ceroc for about 5 months and have been looking out for some teaching videos, I can only find Australian videos and am wondering if Australian ceroc is the same as or similar enough to ceroc taught in Scotland, to make them a viable teaching aid. Has anybody seen these videos and are they worth sending away for?

Thanks for anticipated replys,

Brian& Jacqui

Tazmanian Devil
18th-April-2004, 12:59 AM
The Australians are wonderful dancers, The dancing they do in their videos is very similar to our dancing and I would say that it is well worth sending off for the videos. :nice: There are other teaching videos you can send off for, If you ask the people on the door at the venues you attend for a ceroc products brochure there is one or two videos in there. :wink:

Gary
18th-April-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Brian Doolan
I can only find Australian videos and am wondering if Australian ceroc is the same as or similar enough to ceroc taught in Scotland, to make them a viable teaching aid. Has anybody seen these videos and are they worth sending away for?

I'm Australian. I haven't been to the UK (yet), but I've had no problems dancing with the (fabulous) UK girls who've made their way over here.

I've bought a couple of the videos over here, and found them very worthwhile, particularly for a guy just getting started.

I'm sure there are videos produced over there, which are also very worthwhile.

Minnie M
18th-April-2004, 07:19 AM
Why do you have to learn from Australian videos when there are many in this county that are available - even Franck has a link to buy videos on his posts (see below I cut and pasted this) :-

How To Jive
List Price: £14.99
Our Price: £14.24
You Save: £0.75 (5%)
9 Used & New from £13.45

This is the original and possibly the best 'Learning Video' it was the Jive Bunny one but they have taken the bunny off now. It can be bought from many venues OR weekenders AND you will see (if you look closely) our very own David and Lily B dancing in the background :clap:

There are more that have been produced in the UK or the 'Video Driaries' from the dance weekenders are great for learning. It is great when you recognise someone on the video or even get a chance to dance with them :clap: :worthy: most of the dance instructors never refuse a dance.

PS: Simon de Lisle (now teaching is Aus) is leading - and Roger Chin(another forumite) was one of the consultants)

Martin
18th-April-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Why do you have to learn from Australian videos when there are many in this county that are available - even Franck has a link to buy videos on his posts (see below I cut and pasted this) :-

How To Jive
List Price: £14.99
Our Price: £14.24
You Save: £0.75 (5%)
9 Used & New from £13.45

This is the original and possibly the best 'Learning Video' it was the Jive Bunny one but they have taken the bunny off now. It can be bought from many venues OR weekenders AND you will see (if you look closely) our very own David and Lily B dancing in the background :clap:

There are more that have been produced in the UK or the 'Video Driaries' from the dance weekenders are great for learning. It is great when you recognise someone on the video or even get a chance to dance with them :clap: :worthy: most of the dance instructors never refuse a dance.

PS: Simon de Lisle (now teaching is Aus) is leading - and Roger Chin(another forumite) was one of the consultants)

For new dancers the jive bunny video is great.
If you have been dancing 5 months though, you would probably benifit from the Australian videos - same dance form, just that someone has bothered to spend the time to put moves down on video in a quality way.:clap:

thewacko
19th-April-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
The Australians are wonderful dancers, The dancing they do in their videos is very similar to our dancing and I would say that it is well worth sending off for the videos. :nice: :wink:

:devil: and only if

:blush: lets not go there:sick:

oh my thank god dan the man hasn't got blond hair or else I know of at least one venue you'd get banned from:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:waycool: but on a serious note: hey I have learnt a few moves from the australian videos and have got to say there not bad at all

Tazmanian Devil
20th-April-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
:waycool: but on a serious note: hey I have learnt a few moves from the australian videos and have got to say there not bad at all
Not bad at all?? There brilliant, well we seem to have picked them up well!! :kiss: :hug: