PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Messages

John S
14th-September-2002, 06:52 PM
I've found it easy enough to edit my messages in the past, but I've never been able to delete them entirely even although there's a box on the Edit page that should allow me to do this.

Instead a message always appears telling me that I don't have permission to access this page.

Any suggestions (other than not putting messages on in the first place that I want to delete?)?

Franck
15th-September-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by John S
I've found it easy enough to edit my messages in the past, but I've never been able to delete them entirely even although there's a box on the Edit page that should allow me to do this.

Instead a message always appears telling me that I don't have permission to access this page.

Any suggestions (other than not putting messages on in the first place that I want to delete?)? Hi John,

First of all, sorry about the venue mix-up last night :sad: and I never even got a chance to say hi...

Anyway, the option to delete a post is reserved for Moderators / Admins. As you found out, you can edit your post, but not delete them. Best to think before you hit that post button! :grin:

Franck.