PDA

View Full Version : Come dancing! The BBC are filming the Ceroc Champs!

Franck
15th-April-2004, 12:03 PM
The bbc have just informed us that they will be filming the Ceroc Championships, with the possibility of the winning couples and teams being invited to dance live on a saturday night dance show, airing in the next few months.

If you do not wish to appear on television or would not be prepared to dance live in front of a studio audience, then please contact the ceroc championship ticket hotline and your ticket will be refunded.

There are still places left for most categories if you were thinking of entering, please visit www.Cerocchamps.Com or call ceroc champs hotline 07950 043265. There are of course also tickets available if you want to just come along watch and freestyle.

This is the first time a modern jive championships will have ever been televised and therefore this promises to be a truly maginificent event.

TheTramp
15th-April-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Franck
If you do not wish to appear on television or would not be prepared to dance live in front of a studio audience, then please contact the ceroc championship ticket hotline and your ticket will be refunded. Ack :tears: Quick, someone get me a refund!!!

Trampy

Sheepman
15th-April-2004, 01:08 PM
Now I'm disappointed I haven't applied, because I could go for that refund!

Nah, sour grapes really, lets hope this brings dancing to the masses. I think the DJ's responsibility will be higher than ever! (No pressure Erick :devil: )

If it goes well, maybe next year the BBC can help out with a decent venue :devil:

Greg

DavidY
15th-April-2004, 01:12 PM
...a saturday night dance show...I wonder what this might consist of then?

Is this (as per Franck's title) the rebirth of Come Dancing?

Geordieed
15th-April-2004, 01:37 PM
Does that mean Ceroc might get hold of footage to put in the championship video. It's worth knowing.:cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
15th-April-2004, 03:16 PM
ooh Ill come down now then... is LilyB still looking for a partner :)

....erk....imagine that ..dancing badly in front of your dance peers AND millions of viewers :) i'd have to wear a disguise...

bbc interviewer : So, who are you ?

me: Im Gadget frae Abirdeen whit o' it tumshie ?

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
16th-April-2004, 10:32 AM
That's clinched it.... I WON'T be going now!

Gadget
16th-April-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
bbc interviewer : So, who are you ?
me: Im Gadget frae Abirdeen whit o' it tumshie ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Would probably be a better representation of me than I would give :blush:

Reklaw
16th-April-2004, 04:09 PM
Can somebody explain why there's negitivity about this???
I don't understand, surely it's got to be good for MJ (of any breed)?

MikeW

TheTramp
16th-April-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Reklaw

MikeW I think that it's cos we're all very shy!! :whistle:

It's a fantastic opportunity for Ceroc (and indeed all MJ). And I think that whoever (presumably Mike) managed to sell it to the BBC deserves a big round of applause.

Trampy

Reklaw
16th-April-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think that it's cos we're all very shy!! :whistle:
Trampy err.... you shy?:rofl:

TheTramp
16th-April-2004, 04:37 PM
err.... you shy?:rofl: It's very true. I don't know why no-one believes me! :tears:

Trampy

Mary
16th-April-2004, 09:48 PM
with the possibility of the winning couples and teams being invited to dance live on a saturday night dance show,

As opposed to what - dancing dead!!!:confused: Sorry - it's late - been a long week. :blush: Seriously tho', I thought the only live programme nowadays (apart from news/sports events) was Blue Peter.

Hmmm. mUst get some sleeeeeeeP zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

M

Stuart M
16th-April-2004, 11:13 PM

MikeW
Some of the concerns were addressed in this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2257). Anyone spotted ol' Brucie boy at an MJ night yet? :rolleyes:

Peter
2nd-November-2004, 07:10 PM
According to an email today ...

"CHAMPS 2004 VIDEO & DVD AVAILABLE NOW!!! Enjoy 6 hours of memorable fun from this year's competition. Video £17.50 / DVD £22.50 (inc p&p) For details of how to order visit http://www.ceroc.com/members/videos.htm or call 0208 969 4401"

Does anyone know if it includes footage of Justin Lee thingybob of SCD fame?

ElaineB
2nd-November-2004, 09:07 PM
According to an email today ...

"CHAMPS 2004 VIDEO & DVD AVAILABLE NOW!!! Enjoy 6 hours of memorable fun from this year's competition. Video £17.50 / DVD £22.50 (inc p&p) For details of how to order visit http://www.ceroc.com/members/videos.htm or call 0208 969 4401"

Does anyone know if it includes footage of Justin Lee thingybob of SCD fame?

I seem to remember that they took photographs of the winners etc., but I can't see any one the Ceroc champs website - anyone got any ideas? Will they be out in time for 2005?? :rofl:

Elaine

Forte
3rd-November-2004, 06:37 PM
I think that it's cos we're all very shy!! :whistle:

It's a fantastic opportunity for Ceroc (and indeed all MJ). And I think that whoever (presumably Mike) managed to sell it to the BBC deserves a big round of applause.

Trampy

I am a cynic but it is all down to ratings and the BBC are interested in us only now because of the success of STrictly Dancing - you know Trampy that show you won't watch because Brucie is on it!
Graham Norton has a new dance show out in January where real dancers but also ordinary members of the public with it will compete for £50,000.

Gus
3rd-November-2004, 06:52 PM
Apologies if I've missed the plot (or not read the appropriate posting) but when was this footage shown on TV and as part of what TV programme?

Minnie M
3rd-November-2004, 07:00 PM
........... STrictly Dancing - you know Trampy that show you won't watch because Brucie is on it............

Totally agree with Trampy here :yeah: however I video it and fast forward the bits he is on as I like the program :whistle:

Andy McGregor
3rd-November-2004, 11:35 PM
So, what was right and wrong with the Ceroc Champs 2004?

What was right?

1. It ran to time.

2. The music was fab.

What was wrong?

1. The competitors were treated like the hired help or movie extras despite paying much more than the spectators to be there.

2. The competitors were expected to wait ages in the most congested area in the venue to find if they were through each round.

3. For the semi-finals the competitors were expected to wait at the side of the floor changed and ready to go onto their heat and were only told if they were through or not in the seconds before they were due to go on - and then the order of the heats was changed from that advertised on the programme with absolutely no notice.

4. The judges told DWAS competitors that they'd voted them as through to the next round - this was not put on the computer and those particular competitors were not promoted to the next round (I know this for certain).

5. The judging method used is top secret and not told to the competitors.

6. The scores given by the judges are kept secret - probably because they haven't been entered onto the computer properly, or at all.

7. The whole proceedings were interrupted for a cheap publicity stunt by the BBC.

8. Some actors were allowed to behave badly in an actual heat of the competition putting off the genuine competitors.

9. The Old Git competitors were not given the wine they were promised by the organisers.

10. The venue (Hammersmith Palais) is dirty and badly lit for a competition.

11. Rob Coward wasn't there ... :wink:

Anyone else care to add to the list?

Gareth
4th-November-2004, 12:21 AM
12. Area around the floor was best described as a sticky mess. The dance floor had chewing gum on it and there were holes in the floor.

stewart38
4th-November-2004, 01:09 PM
7. The whole proceedings were interrupted for a cheap publicity stunt by the BBC.

8. Some actors were allowed to behave badly in an actual heat of the competition putting off the genuine competitors.

Anyone else care to add to the list?

7.wasnt BBC was local radio station and they promoted it heavily

8. who played to the crowd the year before i seem to remember some grand entrances by a certain pop eye during heats. :blush:

Andy McGregor
4th-November-2004, 01:49 PM
7.wasnt BBC was local radio station and they promoted it heavily

Dancing on radio? :confused:

Why does the "as much as a fish needs a bicycle" line pop into my head?

And, if if was radio what were the cameras there for?

8. who played to the crowd the year before i seem to remember some grand entrances by a certain pop eye during heats. :blush:

The difference is that Popeye and Olive Oyl were competing, they'd paid to be there and they were entertaining the crowd, not making fun of the whole thing and asking the competitors to pretend to be part of a mock disqualification. People tell me they loved Popeye and Olive but I've heard nothing but adverse comment about the 'actors' and crew that used the competition for their own ends :mad:

stewart38
5th-November-2004, 02:54 PM
The difference is that Popeye and Olive Oyl were competing, they'd paid to be there and they were entertaining the crowd, not making fun of the whole thing and asking the competitors to pretend to be part of a mock disqualification. People tell me they loved Popeye and Olive but I've heard nothing but adverse comment about the 'actors' and crew that used the competition for their own ends :mad:

Of course they were loved and great fun and 'entertained' the crowd but from someone who competed (not me) it wasnt appreciated. I dont think the competitors had much say.

Im not against it I just dont see much disinction. I personally wouldnt allow either 'events' to take place. No more then I would allow a goal keeper to dance before a penalty is taken.

Peter
5th-November-2004, 03:15 PM
I personally wouldnt allow either 'events' to take place. No more then I would allow a goal keeper to dance before a penalty is taken.

... some sports allow dancing eg rugby (Haka), American Football (cheerleaders)

JamesGeary
5th-November-2004, 03:29 PM

What was wrong?

5. The judging method used is top secret and not told to the competitors.

I must admit of all the competitions about, ceroc does seem to get the most flack about its results/judging. Maybe next time they should give judges, letters, A, B, C, etc, and list what score each judge gave each couple.

At least then each judge can ensure that their own scores they put down were accurately represented. That way each judge is a scrutineer for the process.

stewart38
5th-November-2004, 03:34 PM
... some sports allow dancing eg rugby (Haka), American Football (cheerleaders)

A good point and some would say the Haka is there to put off or at least intimidate your opponent, I dont think it would be allowed in Snooker.

I’m not against playing to the crowd but is right or fair on fellow competitors, forget ‘the audience’.

I’m not saying it happens much or is over the top when it does but it has happened .

Maybe another thread is required before I get flamed :sick: As part of the 'auidence' I find anything like that very funny. As I know doubt would if Steve Davies performed the Haka in front of a fellow competitor but is it right ?.

Jive Brummie
5th-November-2004, 03:58 PM
A good point and some would say the Haka is there to put off or at least intimidate your opponent, I dont think it would be allowed in Snooker.

I’m not against playing to the crowd but is right or fair on fellow competitors, forget ‘the audience’.

I’m not saying it happens much or is over the top when it does but it has happened .

Maybe another thread is required before I get flamed :sick: As part of the 'auidence' I find anything like that very funny. As I know doubt would if Steve Davies performed the Haka in front of a fellow competitor but is it right ?.

Definately think this needs a new thread.

I think i can see where Stewart38 is coming from. As a competitor, i can see why and how this might put people off. Having said that, it's never really affected Melanie and I because we're normally soooooo rapped up in each other, we might aswell be the only people on the floor anyway........ But, when the nerves strike, they're difficult to control and seeing someone coming on the floor and not so much 'ridiculing' (sp?) the competition as a whole but more playing to the crowd, it could put people off.

I personnally think that if you want to do the playing to the crows thing and are more concerned with pleasing them than dancing with/for your partner, maybe enter the showcase instead......

Which brings me onto something else. In the showcase how do judges mark between couples putting on a display of dancing and those who dance to a theme? Is it possible to compare the two? Should there be a 'show' showcase and a 'competition' showcase?

JB x x

ChrisA
5th-November-2004, 04:22 PM
I personnally think that if you want to do the playing to the crowd thing and are more concerned with pleasing them than dancing with/for your partner, maybe enter the showcase instead......

...... :yeah:

Well said.

Have some rep. :cheers:

Chris

Jive Brummie
5th-November-2004, 08:28 PM
...... :yeah:

Well said.

Have some rep. :cheers:

Chris

:cheers: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
5th-November-2004, 08:32 PM

What was right?

1. It ran to time.

2. The music was fab.

3. I got a lovely guy to dance with in the lucky dip.

4. Emma got Marc in the lucky dip.

5. I got to borrow Monika's beautiful blue trousers :wink:

6.Lots of my friends danced their sox off and I was there to watch :clap:
Denise and Dan, Dave Hancock and Linda, Lindsay, Karen and Yvonne from Aberdeen, Bill (with all his women :wink: Fran, Denise, Mary and Elaine B), John and Hazel :hug:

7.I got to dance with Chris H - and then afterwards Franck, Sam, Marc, Dave H, Dale, Paul F, Toby, Dan, David B, Peter to mention but a few :drool:

8. I got 2 dances with Clayton :drool: :drool:

9.I got to see Adam and Taz's showcase and Urban Metro's fab cabaret.

10. David B remembered to spread his legs when Lily did the "doughnut move" :whistle:

What was wrong?

12. It finished at midnight :what:

Cornish Pixie
5th-November-2004, 09:14 PM
When is is to be televised?