PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Question

Unregistered
12th-April-2004, 02:35 PM
I saw your display in Buchanan Street on saturday - very impressive !
I also picked up a leaflet and am interested in coming along to a Glasgow class - but I have a few questions.

How fit do you really need to be to take part ? I am not fit at all but would still like to come - is that ok ?

Also I know that the leaflet said that you dont have to wear any special type of clothing - but what do you recommend for footwear ?

Thanks

Dreadful Scathe
12th-April-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by random stranger

How fit do you really need to be to take part ? I am not fit at all but would still like to come - is that ok ?

Yes, in fact Ceroc can help get you a fitter :)

Sorry, I meant get you a bit fitter... there are no tradesman at Ceroc as far as I know and it is NOT a singles club.*

Originally posted by random stranger

Also I know that the leaflet said that you dont have to wear any special type of clothing - but what do you recommend for footwear ?

Something light that doesnt stick to the floor. Even trainers are ok to start with as all venues have smooth floors anyway so they wont stick too much.

* Mostly :)

Diane
12th-April-2004, 03:01 PM
You really don't need to be 'fit' to be able to dance.

The class is a good warm up and during the freestyle (the dance bit inbetween and after the class) will be fine, how fast you may dance depends on how fast the music is. So, if you think the music sounds too fast for you, sit that one out.

As for clothes, you just need something that won't make you hot, you will get hot enough dancing. And shoes, something that will stay on your feet well and preferably with smooth soles for the turns and spins. If you are a girl, stiletos aren't a good idea, in case you step on someone.

If you liked the look of it, you should give it a go, it's great fun, you won't regret it.

di

Chicklet
12th-April-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi,

and welcome to the forum!!!

There are absolutely NO fitness prerequisites for coming along and having a good time!!

We have ALL shapes and sizes and quite a large age span too and all are most welcome and are equally likely to get hooked!

The class section is taught at walking pace, and then with quite slow, easy beat, music. Thereafter it's up to you to decide how energetic or not you feel like being, if you don't feel up to the fast tracks (there won't be many that we would class as "fast" ...apart from anything else CG the DJ can't peddle his turntable THAT fast!.)

If you do get hooked and come back you WILL see an amount of quicksteppin, high energy, on the toes stuff but IMHO it doesn't predominate....and you will find that a lot of the girls at least much prefer a man who takes his time :innocent: and dances well to the slow stuff!

And shoes, well there must be hundreds of pages on here on the issue of shoes!!! Again it's different strokes for different folks, there are literally hundreds of options from smelly old trainers :eek: to the most sparkly of ballroom type heels (and that's just the men). To start with wear the shoes you feel most comfortable in, you really don't want to be thinking about your feet much at all at first so the ore comfortable you are the less likely they will put you off the flow of the dance. Can't tell if you are male or female! so to cover everything, lots of people ,both male and female wear trainers and do very well in them, as you progress you are likely to find them a bit sticky for spinning and/or sliding and want something with a smoother sole.
Some girls can't dance in flat shoes, some can't dance in heels, it really doesn't matter and all comes back again to, wear what's most comfortable. If you're not sure why not bring a selection??

And finally, once you're well and truly hooked you may well find yourself trying to sell all your worldly possessions on E-bay in order to finance your dance shoe habit. When this happens it's best just to roll with it, there is no cure.

Look forward to seeing you there!!

C:D

TheTramp
12th-April-2004, 05:48 PM
Hmm. You saw the busk on Saturday. With people like Franck and me dancing. And you still want to come???

Takes all sorts :D

Look forward to seeing you in Glasgow sometime. Hope you register sometime on here with a name too.

And please, please don't start the girlies off again on footwear :na:

Trampy