PDA

View Full Version : The Midriff Thing

Chicklet
12th-April-2004, 01:24 PM
Think we're getting close to needing a "style" section in this forum.

This one's just a bit of fun as the sun comes out and thoughts turn to bare bits.

Chicklet
12th-April-2004, 01:30 PM
Meant to say this is LADIES' midriffs!!!!!!!:D

Gadget
12th-April-2004, 01:40 PM
As long as there are no streach marks or a massive over-hang, :sick: then I'm perfectly happy to appreciate a bare midrift - no matter the shade of skin. :waycool:
{and also appreciate a toned male midrift - asthetically rather than sensually}

Chicklet
12th-April-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
As long as there are no streach marks

:eek: trust you ya bugger :rofl:

1) it's "stretch"!!!!
2) did your mother never tell you that there are somethings in life that happen to (just about:wink: ) everyone but to which one does NOT draw attention!!!!

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 04:12 PM
Of course I wouldn't notice the bare midriff until after we've started dancing, 'cos I'm looking into my partners eyes. (Yes I know no one believes me!) I suppose on the first few encounters I may have been a trifle alarmed, (thinking "should my hand be there?":what: ), but you have to assume the lady is OK with it if that is what she is wearing.
Not too keen if there is an overhang though! :whistle:

So how do the women feel about men's clammy hands on their bare flesh? And why is it that bare bony bits, (eg shoulders and arms) are less "threatening"?

And what about extending the topic to bare men's bits, do ladies approve of the "wife beaters" (ie the sleeveless vests) ? (I've never met anyone yet that approves of shorts on men.)

Greg

Gadget
12th-April-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
:eek: trust you ya bugger :rofl:

1) it's "stretch"!!!!
2) did your mother never tell you that there are somethings in life that happen to (just about:wink: ) everyone but to which one does NOT draw attention!!!!
Sorry - let me refine that: noticable stretch marks. ie ones that look like open wounds or raw scars... :sick: as you say - there are some things in life that one does NOT wish to draw attention to!

Zebra Woman
12th-April-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Of course I wouldn't notice the bare midriff until after we've started dancing, 'cos I'm looking into my partners eyes. (Yes I know no one believes me!) I suppose on the first few encounters I may have been a trifle alarmed, (thinking "should my hand be there?":what: ), but you have to assume the lady is OK with it if that is what she is wearing.
Not too keen if there is an overhang though! :whistle:

So how do the women feel about men's clammy hands on their bare flesh? And why is it that bare bony bits, (eg shoulders and arms) are less "threatening"?

And what about extending the topic to bare men's bits, do ladies approve of the "wife beaters" (ie the sleeveless vests) ? (I've never met anyone yet that approves of shorts on men.)

Greg

If my midriff is exposed it is OK - infact I particularly enjoy the feel of a man's cold hand as it runs across my stomach.
I have only once run my hands across a man's belly( I was also very alarmed) he was young tall dark handsome, and slim and dry!! so that was lucky...Can't think of any men I would like to repeat that with.

Sleeveless vests on a man are an absolute no-no for me REVOLTING, almost as bad as being smelly. A real losing combination!
Shorts on a great dancer are forgivable, they will keep him dancing for longer, and I'm looking into his eyes aren't i? :)

Tiggerbabe
13th-April-2004, 12:24 AM
I like to wear crop tops, although I must admit I think they look better if I've got a bit of a tan. I hadn't realised that some of the guys might be alarmed/uncomfortable with it though - sorry guys
:kiss:

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 07:39 AM

This one's just a bit of fun as the sun comes out and thoughts turn to bare bits.

ooh chicklet I can't wait for the sun to come out:devil:

Chicklet
13th-April-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Zebra Woman
Sleeveless vests on a man are an absolute no-no for me REVOLTING, almost as bad as being smelly. A real losing combination!
Shorts on a great dancer are forgivable, they will keep him dancing for longer, and I'm looking into his eyes aren't i? :)
Oooh have to disagree a bit there ZW, for me, shorts are the no no. In the main, I agree about the sleeveless tops on men but just as I type 5 come to mind that can CERTAINLY get away with it:waycool: :innocent: Vicktor, obviously, and I have to say Dundees own John Lusby and JB have very attractive, er builds!!
The other two shall remain nameless cos I'm shy!!

Sheena, given that you wouldn't even know what an overhang IS, I think you're safe babe!

But, do think we need a bit more clarification on the word.....does, say, a little inch of nice soft girly CURVE that's only really noticable when one gets bent in a funny shape and certainly not there in a layback or when one is pulling it in, say, count as overhang????

just checking:flower:

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 09:56 AM
does, say, a little inch of . . . count as overhang???? No!
I knew this was going to lead to trouble :what: If I'm going to come up with a definition, I'll probably need about 2 months of research first :wink:
And Sheena, worry not, you could never alarm me :really: :blush: I was just pointing out that the first few times it happens, especially if the guy is shy, it might be a bit of a surprise. I can't say any man has said to me that they have a problem with it, and they're not rushing to do so here either!

ZW welcome aboard to the forum. I'll have to try and remember to clasp my hands around a cold drink before we dance!

Greg

Chicklet
13th-April-2004, 10:11 AM
No!
:D :waycool: just checking for those of us not QUITE as svelte as Sheena!!

ChrisA
13th-April-2004, 10:24 AM
Sleeveless vests on a man are an absolute no-no for me REVOLTING, almost as bad as being smelly.

:really: :tears:

:confused:

If it takes shorts for a guy to keep dancing, then all I can say is that the Milton Keynes men are a bit short on stamina... :wink:

Interesting perspective, though. I would never wear shorts dancing (except maybe on the beach), and I do wear sleeveless tops, and I haven't had any complaints... I hope the ladies aren't just putting up with me... :tears:

Though they are not vests :devil:

Chris

TheTramp
13th-April-2004, 10:26 AM
Heya ZW.....

If you're looking into his eyes, and hence shorts don't matter...... Why then do sleeveless shirts matter?? I thought that it was only ladies who have their eyes around that level :confused: :whistle:

Trampy

TheTramp
13th-April-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh, and I meant to say.....

Sheena, you look fantastic in your crop tops (and all the other outfits too.... bunny girl :drool: ). Please don't listen to anyone who thinks that they have a problem with them.... :wink:

Trampy

Pammy
13th-April-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
I do wear sleeveless tops, and I haven't had any complaints... I hope the ladies aren't just putting up with me... :tears:

Vests, singlets, whatever, we're not complaining :yum:

Zebra Woman
13th-April-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Heya ZW.....

If you're looking into his eyes, and hence shorts don't matter...... Why then do sleeveless shirts matter?? I thought that it was only ladies who have their eyes around that level :confused: :whistle:

Trampy

I'm not looking at the shorts or feeling them (honest), cos my eyes are not looking there. There's only one place I'm looking believe me.

Anyway the legs are down there, whereas the bare shoulder and possibly sweaty armpit are in my face. If the man does a neck break then his whole armpit could blot on my left shoulder. Uggh. I guess I'ts Ok if the man's very tall then I won't get wet.
By the way I haven't got a leg to stand on myself. I wear sleeveless tops and get quite sweaty myself...oops

Also very much like the idea of a man in a kilt, but I've only danced with one once. There are more shorts than kilts in MK that's for sure!:grin:

Minnie M
13th-April-2004, 11:10 AM

:confused: Really

I think sleeveless tops on men very sexy :drool:

So you think Viktor is revolting to dance with :wink:

Pammy
13th-April-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M

Yeah, I agree, very nice to see mens arms :drool:

ChrisA
13th-April-2004, 11:15 AM
If the man does a neck break then his whole armpit could blot on my left shoulder. Uggh. I guess I'ts Ok if the man's very tall then I won't get wet.

Aha.

All is now clear. If the guys you dance with are blotting their armpits on your shoulder :sick: , you're dancing with the wrong guys. Such unseemly activity is not necesssary, irrespective of height.

:hug:

Zebra Woman
13th-April-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
:confused: Really

So you think Viktor is revolting to dance with :wink:

Ah yes. You've got me there. Viktor is allowed to wear a very small vest :drool: :drool: :drool:

There are 10 men I would prefer to cover up for every stunner like Viktor tho....
:rofl:

Gadget
13th-April-2004, 11:36 AM
Anyway the legs are down there, whereas the bare shoulder and possibly sweaty armpit are in my face. If the man does a neck break then his whole armpit could blot on my left shoulder. Uggh.
That's the main reason I don't wear vest-tops: I don't think that ladies would like to see a mans hairy oxter shoved in their face.
There are so many moves that involve raising the arm and having the lady's head close to the arm-pit; I would find it disturbing if I were in their place.

Does a shorn oxter make any difference?

definition of "overhang" - personally, I would class it as hiding the button of jeans. A little 'roll' is only natural.

And I agree with Sheepman - the first touch of flesh on a waist hold/move is disconcerting and a bit of a surprise no matter who: it's sort of a should I be doing this? guilt flash. But I never let it get in the way of dancing :devil:
{agreeing with Greig again... this is getting worrying... being worried by a sheep - shouldn't it be the other way round? :whistle:}

Just curious as to how one should 'handle' ladies with exposed middles: Does the bare midrift invite 'finger-drag' moves? :drool: :innocent:

Lory
13th-April-2004, 11:42 AM
If I'm going to come up with a definition, I'll probably need about 2 months of research first :wink:

Should us girls start forming an orderly queue to have our midriffs analysed? :blush:

Joking aside, I think it looks cute and fun on youngsters but there comes a time when we just have to accept, it just doesn't look right anymore! :tears: :tears:

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 11:48 AM
[BInteresting perspective, though. I would never wear shorts dancing (except maybe on the beach), and I do wear sleeveless tops, and I haven't had any complaints... I hope the ladies aren't just putting up with me... :tears:

Chris [/B]

:tears: I must admit to occaisionally wearing sleevless t shirts, and only last week was told it looks naff - must be my scrawny arms so back to normal black t-shirts for me :tears:

but shorts - sorry ladies but wif my legs no chance:tears:

as for showing my midrif - well lets not go there:blush:

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Lory
Should us girls start forming an orderly queue to have our midriffs analysed? :blush:

:clap: :clap: I would like to formally request I be at the front of the queue for judging:waycool:

Chicklet
13th-April-2004, 11:54 AM
Just curious as to how one should 'handle' ladies with exposed middles: Does the bare midrift invite 'finger-drag' moves? :drool: :innocent:

That question, my friend, just takes us back to the monthly / fortnightly (or is it up to weekly now?? :eek: ) sleaze based discussion, and yet again it all boils down to the relationship and the mood of the two people concerned at the moment in question. There are a couple of hands I love to feel lingering, some it doesn't bother me one way or t'other and some that it would make my skin crawl!!

Now where's Wendy's excellent post on going up infront of the judge again???:D

Zebra Woman
13th-April-2004, 12:07 PM
[Does a shorn oxter make any difference?

Err no, that would make me think you were...a bit wierd

Does the bare midrift invite 'finger-drag' moves? :drool: :innocent: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes (unless it's a lechy guy) and chilled hands score extra points.:drool:
Good thinking on the beer glass Sheepman, wooly and practical too...:wink:

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 02:46 PM
and get quite sweaty myself...oops Surely not :really: I've only noticed "glowing" despite non stop dancing! :waycool:

It's just so unfair that women do all the work, and men do all the sweating!

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
13th-April-2004, 03:06 PM
If the man does a neck break then his whole armpit could blot on my left shoulder. Uggh. I guess I'ts Ok if the man's very tall then I won't get wet.

A sweaty man would get sweat all over your shoulder regardless of sleeveless vest, a thin t-shirt is hardly much protection.

Personally I shave all my body hair :D

Pammy
13th-April-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

I didn't think you had any :what: Apart from the blonde ones around your midriffe of course... :wink:

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 03:13 PM

:confused: does this stop you sweating
the theory is that body hair actually cools you down - increased body area etc

:sad: of course the image this conjurs up ! lets not go there:cheers:

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
of course the image this conjurs up ! lets not go there:cheers: It takes years off you though! :wink:

Greg

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 03:46 PM
It takes years off you though! :wink:

Greg

a 10 year old sort of thing?

:wink: anyone for fishing I happen to know of someone with some bait:wink:

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 04:12 PM
Good thinking on the beer glass Sheepman, Best check this with BoozyBird first, she knows what it's like to have my beery mits over her bare bits :blush:
(Maybe I should explain, but that would make it seem far less interesting.)

All this sweaty talk reminds me of an incident, after the dancing finished the lights went up, and I couldn't help noticing the friend I was talking to had a large sweaty blot on just one breast. To save her embarrassment I said, "Have you noticed ..." and looked down, she looked, laughed, and explained that she been dancing close with a very sweaty man, who came at her from an angle!

Now I know I get overheated, but I hope I don't use my partners as a blotting pad :sick:

Greg

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
anyone for fishing I think you're with me!

Can you use mutton for bait? Probably only for sharks.

Greg

Zebra Woman
13th-April-2004, 04:22 PM
Personally I shave all my body hair :D This is day 1 for me in the forum and I'm wondering about you. You could of course be a sarcastic hairy/bearded person, or bald and shaved (and blue??) I just can't tell. And you've named yourself after a female alien...hmmm. Maybe next time you see a woman with a Zebra print scarf you could introduce yourself. She might run away though.:rofl:

Sorry not got the hang of making your text bold or credited to you...yet:blush:

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry not got the hang of making your text bold or credited to you...yet:blush:

press the quote button then just delete the bits within the quote that you don't want:kiss:

TheTramp
13th-April-2004, 04:27 PM
This is day 1 for me in the forum and I'm wondering about you. It took you a whole day?!? :really:

Trampy

ChrisA
13th-April-2004, 04:33 PM
Maybe next time you see a woman with a Zebra print scarf you could introduce yourself. She might run away though.:rofl:

... and if I approach you wearing a sleeveless top, I'll know why you start to run.

Boozy Bird
13th-April-2004, 08:07 PM
Best check this with BoozyBird first, she knows what it's like to have my beery mits over her bare bits :blush:
(Maybe I should explain, but that would make it seem far less interesting.)

:what: :what: :what: Good grief!! I should check the forum more often, you should have warned me Sheepy about this posting!!

All this sweaty talk reminds me of an incident, after the dancing finished the lights went up, and I couldn't help noticing the friend I was talking to had a large sweaty blot on just one breast. To save her embarrassment I said, "Have you noticed ..." and looked down, she looked, laughed, and explained that she been dancing close with a very sweaty man, who came at her from an angle!

(Can I just say that this was not the incident I was involved in which Sheepy is referring to above! :rofl: )

Greg

See you Friday Sheepy??? Save me a dance, but keep your beery mits off my bare flesh :rofl: :hug:

Boozy Bird
13th-April-2004, 08:09 PM
(Sorry, I am not very good at using quotes!)

Sheepman
14th-April-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Boozy Bird
keep your beery mits off my bare flesh :rofl: :hug: How about if I keep them clean? :wink:

Sorry, did it look like I meant it was you in the "blotting pad" incident? It wasn't, but it's not one I should name names on.

See you Friday, and Sunday?

Greg

Zebra Woman
14th-April-2004, 10:18 AM
... and if I approach you wearing a sleeveless top, I'll know why you start to run.

Err...no....You'll think you know why I'm starting to run:rofl:

ChrisA
14th-April-2004, 10:54 AM
Err...no....You'll think you know why I'm starting to run:rofl: Ok, I'll approach you first wearing a top with sleeves, and if you run I can eliminate one of the many possible reasons :rofl:

Zebra Woman
14th-April-2004, 10:59 AM
Ok, I'll approach you first wearing a top with sleeves, and if you run I can eliminate one of the many possible reasons :rofl:
Excellent plan I look forward to that :wink:

John S
14th-April-2004, 12:51 PM
I wanted to vote for several of the choices (and I'm not saying which) but couldn't do so - come on Chicklet, change the polling to allow multiple choices!!

Frustrated of Fife

Chicklet
14th-April-2004, 12:54 PM
Emma sweetie, John OBVIOULSY wants to vote as both a man and a woman :wink: so can you please fix it for him???

TAAAAAA

Boozy Bird
14th-April-2004, 06:27 PM
How about if I keep them clean? :wink:

Sorry, did it look like I meant it was you in the "blotting pad" incident? It wasn't, but it's not one I should name names on.

See you Friday, and Sunday?

Greg

:wink: ok, you twisted my arm, but only if they are clean!

No, the blotting pad incident definately wasn't me although I have had a similar experience (and many others, especially to do with chicken fillets which I have given up on now :rofl: :rofl: )

Definately Friday...debating about Sunday...will have to see how many words I can write for my dissertation...won't be many at this rate!

See you soon :hug:

Chicklet
15th-April-2004, 08:53 AM
I'll probably need about 2 months of research first :wink:

A mystery man of Gaul commenced research in Glasgow last night:eek:

And totally off thread but just cos I need to mention it somewhere.....Statman was wonderfully smoooooooth at the end:drool:

Lory
15th-April-2004, 09:33 AM
A mystery man of Gaul commenced research in Glasgow last night:eek:

I can also confirm that Mr Sheepman commenced reseach in London on Tuesday aswell! :D

I know he had seen at least one 'very acceptable' and one 'borderline' case!

Mine got inspected too! :blush:

Can anyone tell us if there are any other areas of the country where reseach is being carried out?

Zebra Woman
15th-April-2004, 10:17 AM
I can also confirm that Mr Sheepman commenced reseach in London on Tuesday aswell! :D

I know he had seen at least one 'very acceptable' and one 'borderline' case!

Can anyone tell us if there are any other areas of the country where reseach is being carried out?

Yes, but did he run his cool beery mits across them?

Not midriffs I know, but I will be researching 'men who look good in vests and don't blot on me', at Hammersmith on Saturday. I'm willing to be proved wrong. No, I would like to be proved wrong!

ChrisA
15th-April-2004, 10:44 AM
Not midriffs I know, but I will be researching 'men who look good in vests and don't blot on me', at Hammersmith on Saturday. I'm willing to be proved wrong. No, I would like to be proved wrong!
Hmm. I can promise not to blot... but even so I can feel a big hole opening up in front of me. :tears:

Chris [getting weights and fake tan out... :whistle: ]

Franck
15th-April-2004, 10:52 AM
A mystery man of Gaul commenced research in Glasgow last night:eek: : All in the interest of research honest, and for the benefit of the Forum community, I would like to report that the only overhang I noticed (not that I would have cared anyway) was my tongue :devil: :drool: :wink:

My views on midriff is: The more the merrier... go get those skimpy tops, girls, you *all* look good in them (IMHO) :D

Sheepman
15th-April-2004, 11:21 AM
Mine got inspected too! Lory gets a pass with commendation! But I think hers was only available to official researchers :blush:
The "borderline" case wasn't quite an overhang, but there was considerable bulging involved, which didn't sit too well with the hipsters that were being worn. I didn't attempt a physical inspection :really:

Research will continue tomorrow night with West Coast Swing, I shall be checking to see what difference it makes with a different dance style, one where you rarely get the opportunity to "grasp the problem" so to speak! :wink:

Greg

Sheepman
15th-April-2004, 11:26 AM
. . . especially to do with chicken fillets which I have given up on now Sounds like there is a story in there that you want to tell us? :whistle:

Greg :hug:

Zebra Woman
15th-April-2004, 02:03 PM
Sounds like there is a story in there that you want to tell us? :whistle:

Yeah I'd like to hear the story too...especially if it doesn't involve cooking!:innocent:

Zebra Woman
15th-April-2004, 02:35 PM
Hmm. I can promise not to blot... but even so I can feel a big hole opening up in front of me. :tears:

Yep, that's going to be a helluvalot of fake tan if you're trying to catch up with Viktor.....:rofl: :rofl:

The hole is infront of me now......My midriff......I'd better go and do 100 sit-ups right away.:sick:

Boozy Bird
15th-April-2004, 09:21 PM
Sounds like there is a story in there that you want to tell us? :whistle:

:rofl: only if you promise not to tell anyone!!

Not being particularly blessed up top I thought I would give 'chicken fillets' a go for a bit of extra uplift. Having never worn them whilst dancing, I didn't realise that when I got a bit hot they would have a tendancy to slip down :what:

Well it was this time last year, when I was at the Walthamstow Ball in a particularly fetching outfit, that the 'chicken fillet' incident occured. Luckily I was dancing with a very good friend who didn't mind that I had to stop dancing as a third breast was beginning to appear and would have ended up on the floor had I not rescued it in time! :wink:

So the moral of that story is either to attach them firmly in place before dancing or just not bother using them! I tend to not bother anymore :D

under par
15th-April-2004, 11:30 PM
i won't say a word:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :devil:
honest:what:

i thought this was a dance forum not one for haute cuisine!!:wink: :what:

Zebra Woman
16th-April-2004, 10:28 AM
:rofl: I had to stop dancing as a third breast was beginning to appear and would have ended up on the floor had I not rescued it in time! :wink:
:D

:rofl: Now that would be a shock for the hand on the midriff!!:rofl:

Sheepman
16th-April-2004, 01:01 PM
only if you promise not to tell anyone!! :rofl: :rofl: I haven't laughed so much for weeks, thank you!!:rofl:

What surprises me a little about this tale, is that I think you're perfectly proportioned :blush:

Greg

Sheepman
16th-April-2004, 01:05 PM
a shock for the hand on the midriff!! :rofl: Thank you for that, now how am I supposed to concentrate on my research!!

Greg

Foofs
17th-April-2004, 05:48 PM
Also very much like the idea of a man in a kilt, but I've only danced with one once.

men in kilts are very nice - and we get a few more of them up here!! :grin: Not sure how well they would fit into Ceroc though - suppose it depends on how much the guy likes to spin....:wink:

ElaineB
17th-April-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Foofs
men in kilts are very nice - and we get a few more of them up here!! :grin: Not sure how well they would fit into Ceroc though - suppose it depends on how much the guy likes to spin....:wink:

Ahh, men in kilts! Never let it be said that I will turn down the opportunity to be put into a drop, when dancing with or near to a man wearing a kilt! :rofl: See what I mean? :rofl:

Elaine

Zebra Woman
18th-April-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ElaineB
Ahh, men in kilts! Never let it be said that I will turn down the opportunity to be put into a drop, when dancing with or near to a man wearing a kilt! :rofl: See what I mean? :rofl:

Elaine

Yes yes:rofl: I happily sat on a LOW CHAIR watching a man dance wearing a kilt. He was frantically trying to think of moves that didn't involve him spinning. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zebra Woman
18th-April-2004, 02:25 PM

Hammersmith Research:
Happy to say that you passed the vest test! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I enjoyed our dances a lot. Very amusing that you didn't reveal your identity until our 3rd dance, and I didn't work it out. Zebra's aren't known for their brain power tho.

You didn't blot at all. I probably blotted on you if anything. I will add you (and Robert Winter in a string vest!!) to my 'OK in a vest' list which is still very short.

Sadly my 'Not OK in a vest' list which is very very long also got a quite a bit longer last night...One smelly beardy vest:sick: , and a fab dancer who left me with my left forearm utterly coated in his sweat:sick: but he's so good I came back for more. There were others but I didn't dance with them, too many men in T-shirts to choose from!:drool: :rofl:

ChrisA
18th-April-2004, 08:55 PM
Hammersmith Research:
Happy to say that you passed the vest test! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I enjoyed our dances a lot. Very amusing that you didn't reveal your identity until our 3rd dance, and I didn't work it out. Zebra's aren't known for their brain power tho.
I was cunningly making sure it was you by asking you if you were at Rock Bottoms... after all, though I hadn't actually seen anyone else in the zebra print top (very striking if I may say so), I couldn't be completely sure.

You didn't blot at all. I probably blotted on you if anything.
Nope, you didn't blot, yank, grip, anticipate or do anything unpleasant at all... it was very nice dancing with you and if it hadn't been so damn crowded I'd have been less inhibited.

I will add you (and Robert Winter in a string vest!!) to my 'OK in a vest' list which is still very short.
:clap: :worthy:

Until the next meeting by the water hole...

Chris

Minnie M
18th-April-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Franck

And you look a bit :drool: in your kilt :clap: :clap:

fruitcake
22nd-April-2004, 08:48 PM
I am so relieved, for the first time ever, i showed a little bit of midriff the other night, cos the new jeans i had bought DIDN'T quite in the mirror when I got home-what a sight!
So when I saw the title of the thread I thought some tactless so and so had noticed the overhang at the sides, but the thread was started before I wore the afore mentioned jeans.I was also conscious, every time the man put his hands on my waist that he was getting a handful of blubber. The moral to this story is that I am perfectly happy about my weight, but just need to wear different trousers/ jeans next time!!
Fruity
:cheers:

fruitcake
22nd-April-2004, 09:00 PM
I would also like to say, that although a man with a bit extra over and around the trousers is very sexy and cuddly, I'm not siure if a crop top would look good!!!
Fruitcake:flower: :flower:

Bill
23rd-April-2004, 08:58 AM
No problems with crop tops in dance venues as women have a pretty clear ide aof whether it suits them or not.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of young women generally :what: Seem to be a lot of young students around who think that being a stone or two overweight is no reason not to show off several inches of very pale 'overhang' and very often 'builders bum'. Looks awful on a man and no better on a woman if they don't have at least a reasonable shape.

I supose it's the equivalent of all young women wearing mini skirts in the early 70's regardless of size or shape :whistle:

Sheepman
23rd-April-2004, 10:59 AM
... this is getting worrying... being worried by a sheep - shouldn't it be the other way round?

fruitcake
23rd-April-2004, 12:27 PM
I do feel it is encouraging though that the youngsters of today are not letting society dictate to them what they should not be wearing because of their size. I was a plump teenager and tried to cover it all up looking old fashioned and frumpy, ending up yo-yo dieting all my young adult life.my teenage daughter has an overhang,shows it off, is perfectly happy about her weight, eats healthily and has no hangups-good for her i say!!!
(hopefully the overhang and almost builders butt scares the boys away!!)

Bill
23rd-April-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
I would also like to say, that although a man with a bit extra over and around the trousers is very sexy and cuddly, I'm not siure if a crop top would look good!!!
Fruitcake:flower: :flower:

So a man with an 'overhang' should cover up but a woman should feel good about her shape and let it show :rolleyes: :whistle: .....is that perhaps double standards ??

I think people should be happy with their shape and not be dictated to to by fashion police but a lot of loose flesh hanging over jeans or trousers isn't IMHO - terribly attractive - whether male or female.

fruitcake
23rd-April-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Bill
So a man with an 'overhang' should cover up but a woman should feel good about her shape and let it show :rolleyes: :whistle: .....is that perhaps double standards ??

Erm.....yes indeedy!
The female form is very attractive.....apparently!

Bill
23rd-April-2004, 04:32 PM
Erm.....yes indeedy!
The female form is very attractive.....apparently!

in some way every female and every female forms can be preceived as attractive - as can every male and male form. But I would suggest that people are careful about how much and exactly what - they reveal. :D

ps ..........you'll be hard at work again today then............... :na: :rolleyes:

fruitcake
23rd-April-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Bill
in some way every female and every female forms can be preceived as attractive - as can every male and male form. But I would suggest that people are careful about how much and exactly what - they reveal. :D

ps ..........you'll be hard at work again today then............... :na: :rolleyes:
Yes i am.
Personally I don't like to see amans bits swinging about when he's got a kilt on, I like them to wear undergarments, but I'm not a true scot (well i was born here and so were my parents)
What do you lot think. Sign of a true scot is to let the draught go up yer kilt, commando etc.

Bill
26th-April-2004, 11:24 AM
Yes i am.
Personally I don't like to see amans bits swinging about when he's got a kilt on

And just how do you manage to see a man's 'bits' if he's wearing a kilt ??????? You take a mirror out with you just in case ???

Remember we had a long debate a while ago about women going commando...................more unusual for me to do so - unless wearing a kilt :whistle:

Sandy
30th-April-2004, 09:14 AM

But, do think we need a bit more clarification on the word.....does, say, a little inch of nice soft girly CURVE that's only really noticable when one gets bent in a funny shape and certainly not there in a layback or when one is pulling it in, say, count as overhang????

just checking:flower:

Oh Chicklet I know exactly what you mean! Many a top I have put on thinking I'm not showing too much and then when I get into a particular move where I have to raise my arms I realise sh*t my midriffs showing!:blush: I have noticed that some guys don't seem to mind at all and others just don't know where to put their hands!

I'm off to Spain for a week so maybe will manage to get a tanned midriff which might be just a bit more acceptable??? or maybe I should just buy longer tops!

Hate to embarrass!

PS if I keep both arms in the air the overhang is a bit less!
:grin:

Cheers

Sandy:wink: