PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday Monday

Minnie M
12th-April-2004, 01:05 AM
Anyone for Woking tonight ? Rebelroc - HG Wells, Woking that is:nice:

I've always gone on a Bank Holiday and it's been really good - great place, good floor, air conditioning - music OK and no problem with parking as there is a large free car park - would be even better if lots of forumites were there :grin: :cheers: :kiss: :clap: :yeah:

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm afraid we can't leave the relatives stranded again so soon.

Originally posted by Minnie M
music OK :confused:

Greg

Minnie M
12th-April-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
:confused:

I enjoyed Katy's music last time I went - IMO she does play a good mixture - should have said good :blush:

I have ALWAYS enjoyed their Bank Holiday dances, love the place

got to be so careful with your words on this forum :really:

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 02:16 PM
I know it is a matter of taste, and Katy does get the punters in, but her choice of music has not been mine (it is so long since I've been that I'm using past tense). The last time I was there was at the Rebel Yell in October, where Peter played such a brilliant set in the blues room, there was no point in being anywhere else. The ones I really can't stand are when she plays the Jive Bunny mixes, and almost any other mixes, are these still on the menu? On the other hand, she does sometimes come up with some great tracks which then become standards.

Greg

Minnie M
12th-April-2004, 02:54 PM
When Katy DJs and it is a normal dance night (like tonight, even though it is a Monday) her selection is normally good, I agree the Jive Bunny mixture are :sad: - but she does play some really good stuff

In summary, she does play a good mixture, so I do have my quota of good dances to satisfy:cheers:

Any one going then ?

Lounge Lizard
12th-April-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
The last time I was there was at the Rebel Yell in October, where Peter played such a brilliant set in the blues room, Greg well thank you sir, but I wont be doing the same at camber.........Have just seen DJ line up for April event, fraid I am not on schedule for main or blues room fri sat or sunday :angry:

still doing lunchtimes tho but that's all

Dan Hudson
13th-April-2004, 11:42 AM
Are the organisers of Camber still being blinkered and using hte same tired old Dj's then Peter???:angry:

Makes me wonder why I go:confused:

TheTramp
13th-April-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Dan Hudson
Are the organisers of Camber still being blinkered and using hte same tired old Dj's then Peter???:angry: Ummm. *cough*

I probably won't be tired until my 2nd set at 3am on Monday morning.....

Trampy

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
fraid I am not on schedule for main or blues room fri sat or sunday OK I know it's selfish of me, but I must say I'm less bothered about not being there now, though I'll still be missing Trampy's and presumably John Miller's blues sets :tears:

Greg

Lounge Lizard
13th-April-2004, 04:17 PM
no john miller in blues room and steve only plays the opening set on friday
lots of paul amos and paul rose, good news is Nelson has good slots this time round
this is only draft listings tho
p

Lounge Lizard
13th-April-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Ummm. *cough*

I probably won't be tired until my 2nd set at 3am on Monday morning.....

Trampy shame you are not on earlier - I will be in bed by then
p

TheTramp
13th-April-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
shame you are not on earlier - I will be in bed by then Getting old Peter?? Or just lucky!! :whistle:

Trampy

Lounge Lizard
14th-April-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Getting old Peter?? Or just lucky!! :whistle:

Trampy if you call getting up at 7am(ish) Monday to take up the dance floor lucky, then yes s'pose I am lucky
p