PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 - Friday 16th April

Dr. Feelgood
11th-April-2004, 03:06 PM
Route 66 - Friday 16th April

The next Route 66 event is on Friday 16th April at the Greenway Centre, Edinburgh - a night of freestyle dancing with music provided by Dr Feelgood and Dance Demon.

Full details, directions and dates are on www.route66jive.com (http://www.route66jive.com)

:cheers:

Chicklet
12th-April-2004, 01:33 PM
Particularly looking forward to finding out that DD has come home with a whole stack of new material and cool retro outfits from THE TRIP!!:D

Dance Demon
14th-April-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Particularly looking forward to finding out that DD has come home with a whole stack of new material and cool retro outfits from THE TRIP!!:D

Yep Chickie....I'm back fom THE Trip along THE STRIP..:waycool:
And my feet are bloody killin' me:sick: ........but do have some interesting new stuff for Friday...:wink: including a wee bit of Zydeco
:D

Minnie M
14th-April-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
a wee bit of Zydeco

would it be Keith Franks ???:clap: :clap:

Wendy
15th-April-2004, 12:22 AM
Have a great time everyone !!!! (Shouldn't be too difficult !!!!)

Can't be there this month :tears: will catch up with you all soon !!!

:kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxx

Dance Demon
15th-April-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
would it be Keith Franks ???:clap: :clap:

Yep maybe one of his.......:D ...and a couple of others..:waycool:

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
16th-April-2004, 10:36 AM
Oops that's tonight isn't it! Just wondering what to do with myself :cheers:

I'm a route 66 virgin so be gentle:blush:

Chicklet
16th-April-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Siobhan
I'm a route 66 virgin so be gentle:blush:

we *like* virgins, don't we Aleks.......

seriously, be sure and introduce yourself!!I know it's like way in advance still but have you decided what you will be wearing???
C:D

Dance Demon
16th-April-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey Siobhan...be nice to see you, and don't worry, you'll cope with everything we play, infact you'll be too busy enjoying the music to worry...:D

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
16th-April-2004, 10:49 AM
Lipstick for sure, as anything could happen

Chicklet
16th-April-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Siobhan
Lipstick for sure, as anything could happen :worthy: :clap: :waycool:

CJ
16th-April-2004, 11:44 AM
Sorry, DD.

I ain't gonna make this one either.

This is so pants. Well, the rest of you enjoy.:tears: :tears:

Play something smooth, bluesy with a rough edge....

Paul Rogers: Good Morning Little School Girl from his tribute to Muddy Waters album, please????:worthy:

Tiggerbabe
16th-April-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Paul Rogers: Good Morning Little School Girl from his tribute to Muddy Waters album, please????:worthy:
Mmmmn - nice :kiss:

Dr. Feelgood
16th-April-2004, 12:01 PM

Well, maybe not that track but I usually play Paul Rogers in either his Free or Bad Co. incarnation... sometimes even both

CJ
16th-April-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood
Well, maybe not that track but I usually play Paul Rogers in either his Free or Bad Co. incarnation... sometimes even both

Well, would U please play that one for me in my absence??:worthy: :worthy:

Wendy
16th-April-2004, 11:46 PM

Paul Rogers: Good Morning Little School Girl from his tribute to Muddy Waters album, please????:worthy: And I thought that was just "our" song :tears: :tears: :tears:. God, you'll be telling me that you decide what we do at the breaks next !!!!! Maybe see you at the next one, CJ.

Wxxx

Dance Demon
18th-April-2004, 10:11 PM
Big Thanx to all that came along on Friday, it's nice when it's busy. Nice to see a few faces that I haven't seen in ages. Mrs DD an Me had a great night, despite still suffering from jet lag. had great fun with the new format of more shorter sets, four each from Dr Feelgood an' me.( I've posted my playlist in the DJ booth) Thanks for all the positive comments and for the applause & cheers at the end. It makes us feel that it's well worthwhile. See Y'all on Fri 21st May for the next one :cheers:

PS..........Chickie.....THAT dress......:whistle: :whistle: (wolf whistles).....

Chicklet
19th-April-2004, 08:59 AM
Well a fab night once again DD and DrF!!

Got lots of groovy dances, especially with the little blue man, who let me stand in for Fi (injured!!!) standing in for Lily :rofl:

There are some seriously smoooooooth dancers turning up over there and I'm SURE the night has a big influence on adding smoooooothness to lots of folks' dance wannado list!

Brian and Stephanie for example....sooooo cool!

Loved the tunes, still love the venue, great atmosphere and didn't Irene and I make a great pair of retro chicks?? Love those cherrries!!!

One question, Siobhan - were you there????
We were stumped!!!

C:D :flower: :waycool: