PDA

View Full Version : Watching Wish List

Chicklet
9th-April-2004, 09:30 AM
sorry, not that kind of watching:innocent:

For those of us poor souls in oriffices today, how about something nice and light hearted and lovey :flower: for a change!!!

Name names please,

Who have you seen dancing to particular tracks and thought
"wow that's a great match of style and music"??

or

Who would you like to see dancing to a particular track because you think that COULD be a great match of style and music?

or

What track(s) do you believe best suit your dancing??

PS No one say Bill and BWCCT, we've kinda done that at LEAST ten times :rofl:

Please think of loads if you can, it's a gorgeous sunny day out there and I would sooooo much like to be out for an 8k jiggle (I will do 10k, I will do 10k) so need the distraction!!!

C :D

Stuart M
9th-April-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Who have you seen dancing to particular tracks and thought
"wow that's a great match of style and music"??

DD and anything by the King :wink:

Elsie and Fever, or anything vampy come to think of it.

Wendy and Cantaloop(Flip Fantasia), though maybe not so much now, ever since she realised she's been mishearing one of the few lyrics in it! :grin:

Fran
9th-April-2004, 11:14 AM
Watching Alison and Obi (both fantastic Edinburgh teachers) dance is really worth it. They are encreadiably smooth and stylish incorporating west coast as well. Two very under talked about dancers and also two of the best in Scotland.

have a good day in the office Chicklet - it will home time in a few hours
fran :hug:

Fran
9th-April-2004, 11:18 AM

PS No one say Bill and BWCCT, we've kinda done that at LEAST ten times :rofl:

C :D

sorry but what is BWCCT? Im sure it really obvious - sorry

CJ
9th-April-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Wendy and Cantaloop(Flip Fantasia), though maybe not so much now, ever since she realised she's been mishearing one of the few lyrics in it! :grin:

Mmm. Funky!!:wink:

Hancock and 2 tribes: a match made in well, mmm...

Jim & Francis (Gla): anything R'n'R with breaks in. A joy to watch.

Brady suits modern R&B, edgy stuff. As he gets more experimental, it just works to that.

Gus: eh, nothing on stage!!! Very smooth in an understated way: would like to see him dance to something like "Stop, I like it." It has a clumsy kick drum beat which is great for beginners, but has SO many sub-rhythms for the more experienced dancers to cling to.

Track that suits my own lack of style?? Moonflower or Havana.

Franck: anything bizarre with 47 beats in the bar, and lots of "comb" in the lyrics.

BUT:
The most amazing piece of unchoreographed dancing I have ever seen in my life was in Edin. I was asked to play "Oh, so Quiet" by Bjork which is a very difficult track to dance to. Anyway, Viktor and Lydia just made it their own: musical interperetation, change of tempo, imaginitive catching of breaks... it had it all.

CJ
9th-April-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Fran
Watching Alison and Obi (both fantastic Edinburgh teachers) dance is really worth it. They are encreadiably smooth and stylish incorporating west coast as well.

Well done Fran: I meant to write these two together: usually to something smooth and swingy.

Whilst we are there: (underrated smooth dancers and swing)
Gilbert is always a delight to watch: again my preference is to see him in action to something smooth.

Chicklet
9th-April-2004, 11:29 AM
sorry but what is BWCCT? Im sure it really obvious - sorry
You'll kick yourself - it is obvious!!!

Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train!!!

and thanks for the hug! it's been a loooong morning!!

Chicklet
9th-April-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock

Franck: anything bizarre with 47 beats in the bar, and lots of "comb" in the lyrics.
Oh jings I agree with some CJ stuff!!

What was the little ditty Franck and Lorna danced / freaked to in Perth for Jive Masters??? There were legs all over the place that night and only two of the little one's were Lorna's.

Only one I'm not sure about is the "Stop, I Like it" - that's a song now??, I thought it was just a squeal?????:blush: :devil: :innocent:
Is it something hip that the kids are getting down to in a hood?

Tiggerbabe
9th-April-2004, 11:46 AM

BUT:
The most amazing piece of unchoreographed dancing I have ever seen in my life was in Edin. I was asked to play "Oh, so Quiet" by Bjork which is a very difficult track to dance to. Anyway, Viktor and Lydia just made it their own: musical interperetation, change of tempo, imaginitive catching of breaks... it had it all.
Wish I had seen that :drool:- watching Nigel and Nina dancing at the RB weekend - just in freestyle, and can't remember the track, but they were fab!

Tiggerbabe
9th-April-2004, 12:01 PM
Melanie and James dancing to Toxic - saw them dance to this again last night in Perth - :worthy: :worthy:

Fran
9th-April-2004, 01:33 PM

Whilst we are there: (underrated smooth dancers and swing)
Gilbert is always a delight to watch: again my preference is to see him in action to something smooth.

he is also absloutley fabby to dance with. :yum: :yum:

I spend a lot of time watching people dance, its a great way to learn and also the best way of seeing who is really good. The large big moves and over complicated sequences do not make always make the best dancers.

Also watching the reaction on the followers face is interseting - gives a good indication of a good lead or not somtimes.:wink:

another lovely dancer from edinburgh is william - he does this amazing move with his arms and your tummy just flips over. - wont be able to watch it though:wink:

Tiggerbabe
9th-April-2004, 01:38 PM
he is also absloutley fabby to dance with. :yum: :yum:

:yeah: really smooth! and such a lovely smile :kiss:

Fran
9th-April-2004, 01:39 PM
You'll kick yourself - it is obvious!!!

Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train!!!

and thanks for the hug! it's been a loooong morning!!

ahh yes .. our favorite song to end the evening:rofl:

Scott has a sadistic streak in him some times:what:

:hug: have another hug :nice: ..... but I want one too. feeling stressed and p...... off - dont think I will make it down to london tomorrow night and I am only in Lincoln, stressed about lots of work etc moan moan:tears:

Chicklet
9th-April-2004, 01:44 PM
:hug: have another hug :nice:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :flower:

shame about London :sad:, but if it helps, one good thing about this dance world is that there's always another do coming up to look forward to, with friends and REAL hugs when you CAN get there!!
another:flower: another:hug: , just for you!!
C:D

Fran
9th-April-2004, 01:49 PM
another:flower: another:hug: , just for you!!
C:D
ahh thankyou. just feeling stressed out this week and sorry for myself. but thats cheered me a bit. :nice:

Flash
9th-April-2004, 02:16 PM
BUT:

I did not see this particular dance but as I began dancing in London when Viktor and Lydia had a regular class I have seen them dance together many times and it is always excellent.
I have also had the pleasure of numerous dances with Viktor and as a complete beginner (as I was then, not much has changed) during the freestyle after his class he always made every effert to dance with everybody paying particular attention to the new folk. Very commendable.

There is also a couple who can be found in the corner at the Hammersmith party nights doing amazing arial moves. They stay in a corner, and never take their arial moves onto a crowded dance floor.:cheers:

TheTramp
9th-April-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Flash
There is also a couple who can be found in the corner at the Hammersmith party nights doing amazing arial moves. They stay in a corner, and never take their arial moves onto a crowded dance floor.:cheers: I've not been to Hammersmith party nights for a long, long time. But if they are anywhere near as busy as they used to be, then there isn't a spare corner to do airsteps in. There isn't that much room to actually breath. And I find the thought of any couple doing airsteps at a Hammersmith party night to be fairly disturbing. Of course, they could be a lot less well attended than they used to be, and there may be room there :rolleyes:

Trampy

DavidB
9th-April-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Flash
There is also a couple who can be found in the corner at the Hammersmith party nights doing amazing arial moves. They stay in a corner, and never take their arial moves onto a crowded dance floor. Sorry - if it is the couple I'm thinking of, they frequently do aerials on a crowded floor, and have been reported to various organisers on several occasions. Hammersmith is one of the most crowded venues around, and the only way they found room was by making everyone too scared to go near them.
(To be fair, they haven't done anything dangerous last few times I've seen them.)

David

Flash
9th-April-2004, 10:30 PM
Oh dear, I take it all back. Maybe they do dance inappropriately as the Hammersmith parties are crowded. I still thought the moves were good - even if Hammersmith is not the place to dance such a style, I did enjoy watching them.
:sad:

thewacko
13th-April-2004, 07:57 AM
Has anyone has seen the tazmanian devil dance, it doesn't matter who she is dancing with, she just makes it look great.
I have to admit, :tears: sorry everyone at charlton and greenwich:tears: but when she dances with dan the man - wow

Sheepman
13th-April-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
watching Nigel and Nina . . . they were fab! They are, dancing to practically anything, but especially anything swing or bluesy. And if it's boogie woogie - Nigel and Jules, leaves you breathless!

I've never really watched Tas and Adam freestyling, except in competition, just anything hip hoppy does it for them.

Also Robert Cordoba & Deborah, again, dancing to anything, an inspiration.

Greg

Tazmanian Devil
13th-April-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
Has anyone has seen the tazmanian devil dance, it doesn't matter who she is dancing with, she just makes it look great.
I have to admit, :tears: sorry everyone at charlton and greenwich:tears: but when she dances with dan the man - wow
:o :blush: