PDA

View Full Version : Lots of pain

dee
8th-April-2004, 05:17 PM
Has anyone on this forum ever had a tooth absess?

After having two lots of antibiotics, root canal treatment and plenty of pain, no sleep for a week, and no food as its to painful to even eat, my dentist in the end pulled it out, can honestly say i have never experienced that sort of pain in my life. :tears:
and hope im now on the mend. Can anyone else share my horror story? or am i alone on this one?

thewacko
8th-April-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by dee

After having two lots of antibiotics, root canal treatment and plenty of pain, no sleep for a week, and no food as its to painful to even eat, my dentist in the end pulled it out, can honestly say i have never experienced that sort of pain in my life. :tears:
and hope im now on the mend. Can anyone else share my horror story? or am i alone on this one?
:yeah:
i had to visit the dentist on monday for half a tooth pulling out (the top half had already broken off - ouch)
so i can fully understand your pain.

:angry: are there any dentists out there

:devil: pay back time: come and dance with thewacko:devil:

:rofl: :rofl:

Lounge Lizard
8th-April-2004, 06:11 PM
many years ago I went to our local butcher sorry dentist with bad toothache (felt like my head was going to explode) well the kindly soul sat me in the chair and extracted the tooth
I have never known anything like it - he had two holding me down and when it was finally removed.....he commented "Oh there is an absess on this one":angry: :angry: :angry:

had it not been for the pain blood and tears physical violence may have occurred

you have my full sympathy

Tiggerbabe
9th-April-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by thewacko

:angry: are there any dentists out there

One that I know of, in Dundee - the lovely Sam - but he's lovely ask Emma :wink:

Had a similar experience - never thought I'd be glad to have a tooth out but the relief was incredible!

CJ
9th-April-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
never thought I'd be glad to have a tooth out but the relief was incredible!

Oh, Sheena...

I never had you down as an "oral relief" kinda girl...:yum:

Jive Brummie
9th-April-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Oh, Sheena...

I never had you down as an "oral relief" kinda girl...:yum:

............OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo Matron!!:yum: :sick: :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
9th-April-2004, 12:29 PM
Oh, Sheena...

I never had you down as an "oral relief" kinda girl...:yum: Oh, CJ..... - I'm sure if you'd had me down I would have remembered :blush: :wink:

CJ
9th-April-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Oh, CJ..... - I'm sure if you'd had me down I would have remembered :blush: :wink:

Me, too...

Still, can only live in hope.:tears:

Fran
9th-April-2004, 01:42 PM
Me, too...

Still, can only live in hope.:tears:

:rofl: :rofl:

Missy D
25th-February-2006, 10:13 AM
I have been in agony now for 3 days. I have been given some antibiotics but 48 hours later they dont seem to be working. My face is swollen today, my jaw hurts, my ear hurts and my eye is a little blurred. I called the emergency dentist through the night and they said call back at 9am (great for emergencies eh). My dentist is open at 10 and for once in my life i have no fear of going there. If I survive my ordeal i shall post later. Guess i wont be dancing for sometime. Only hope i will be better for Storm!:sad:

DianaS
25th-February-2006, 11:17 AM
I have a lovely dentist I ask her do you hurt people of Firdays and she responds never on fridays I'll then let her do the examination

My son has a different technique
he quietly breifed his new dentist "the teacher hit me it cost the LEA £2000, the copper grabbed my hand that was another £540. If I feel a twinge, even a twinge...."
Lovely joke The dentist has us down as a family of nutters!

fletch
25th-February-2006, 02:14 PM
I recently had 8 new veneers, the first trip took 5 .5 hrs to shave my teeth to points and apply the temporary ones the second trip took 6.5 hours and 27 needles to replace first ones and apply new ones.:sick:

jacksondonut
25th-February-2006, 02:18 PM
I have been in agony now for 3 days. I have been given some antibiotics but 48 hours later they dont seem to be working. My face is swollen today, my jaw hurts, my ear hurts and my eye is a little blurred. I called the emergency dentist through the night and they said call back at 9am (great for emergencies eh). My dentist is open at 10 and for once in my life i have no fear of going there. If I survive my ordeal i shall post later. Guess i wont be dancing for sometime. Only hope i will be better for Storm!:sad:

You poor babe.. I am sympathysing with you big time.. :tears: my tooth broke before Christmas and was no trouble really. Was advised to have crown....:eek:

Two weeks ago the temporary was put in... since then the pain has been coming and going for two weeks. Have been living on Nurofen Plus, etc.,
anbesol gel and clove oil (which burns if you are not careful).. :tears:

The permanent crown was done on Thursday, but still the same pain,but it does radiate all up the side of my face and jaw.. I dont know where to put myself, so I know it must be so much worse for you. :sick: At least I have occasional relief with the pain killers... It spoiled my night out last night..:angry:

Good luck.. maybe next week we both will be feeling better. :flower:

Lots of love
Jan
:hug:

Petal
25th-February-2006, 02:48 PM

I had the same two years ago, six weeks of pain, which radiated from my jaw down through my shoulder and arm, because the abcess was pressing on a nerve. You have my sympathy, i dread to think how many painkillers i took over those six weeks, and like you in the end the dentist pulled the tooth and the pain was gone in a few days.

thewacko
25th-February-2006, 03:47 PM
If you are still in pain at Storm, come and have a dance with me - After I have trod on your toes a few times you would have forgotten about your toothache:eek:

:flower:

Missy D
25th-February-2006, 04:15 PM
Went to the dentist last week and he gave me 20 Penicillin tab just 250mg obviously that didnt work. Took nurofen and paracetamol but no relief. This morning i had to see another dentist as my regular one is in Iran. This dentist was really thorough he gave me Metronidazole 400mg I have to take these along with the Penicillin. I also have to take Paracetamol with Codine. I look so awful now! My whole jawline is swollen from below my ear to my front teeth. My face feels like its on fire and i am shivering with cold. I feel pathetic sat here cying on my own but the pain is the worse i have ever experienced in my life. Hopefully i will get some ease from it by tomorrow. :sad:

I have also been advised not to drink any alcohol whatsoever (not that i drink really anyway but to get some sleep i would love to have had a little glass of something. I wont though as i want these anti biotics to work properly.

thewacko
25th-February-2006, 04:42 PM
:flower: hope the pain eases for you

I know the worst pain of all is always "toothache" as no matter what you do you can not ignore it

get well soon:hug: :kiss: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Missy D
25th-February-2006, 04:46 PM
:flower: hope the pain eases for you

I know the worst pain of all is always "toothache" as no matter what you do you can not ignore it

get well soon:hug: :kiss: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Thank you!:flower:

Was going to post a picture but, thought you might think it were of the hamster and that i had got the wrong thread.

thewacko
25th-February-2006, 04:48 PM
Thank you!:flower:

Was going to post a picture but, thought you might think it were of the hamster and that i had got the wrong thread.
:eek: oh dear the thought of someone getting a shot gun and blasting you instead is unthinkable:rolleyes: why did I think of it then:blush:

drathzel
25th-February-2006, 04:53 PM
Can anyone else share my horror story? or am i alone on this one?

No but i am going for one of those next month!!!!:tears:

thewacko
25th-February-2006, 04:57 PM
No but i am going for one of those next month!!!!:tears:
:what: you are going for a shotgun to Blast Missy Dee:eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drathzel
25th-February-2006, 04:58 PM

no i am having what dee had!

dee
25th-February-2006, 10:14 PM

Don't forget Missy D and Dee are two dirrerent people :rolleyes:

My poor sis :sad: :hug: i feel for you greatly, i would rather of had a baby sideways than go through that again. You have my full sympathy :hug: when i had mine i cried and screamed for two weeks :sick: lets hope it gets sorted out asap :flower:

Missy D
26th-February-2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks Dee! The pain got so bad tonight that i called NHS Direct! They asked me most of my life story and said they would call me back that was at 8 tonight. Still waiting! I called them as i was feeling giddy and my eye was flickering. This will be my 3rd night of no sleep. I thought my daughter had put up a picture of Dot Cotton until I realised it was my reflection. This has really got me thinking tonight. If I am in this much pain with painkillers and strong anti biotics how the hell do they cope in the poor countries where there is no medical help.

Magic Hans
26th-February-2006, 10:30 AM

and clove oil (which burns if you are not careful).. :tears:

Absolutely fabulous stuff for teeth!!! (taken with relative care) .... I was amazed at the effect it had dabbing it on the top of my back tooth.

It effected all the way down to the bottom, very quickly and effectively. It is now a permanent part of my First Aid box!

jacksondonut
26th-February-2006, 02:47 PM
Hiya babe...:flower:

Been hoping that you are feeling better today.. obviously you are not and my heart goes out to you....I am still trying to cope with horrid face ache too.. :sad: Its been suggested that I may have something called 'neuralgia?'
Gonna ring my dentist tomorrow and see what happens.. (getting fed up with taking pills constantly and burning myself with the bloody clove oil.. it does work quite well, but can sting too...aaahhhhhhhhh :tears:

Am thinking of you and hoping we both will be better before Storm.. fingers crossed...

WittyBird
26th-February-2006, 05:16 PM
Am thinking of you and hoping we both will be better before Storm.. fingers crossed...

She looks stunning :rofl: I am here now playing Nurse Witty :whistle:
I keep getting told off for making her laugh :eek:

Need to buy a large wheel so she can act like the hamster as well as looking like it :innocent:

Hope you feel better soon Jan :hug:

jacksondonut
26th-February-2006, 05:20 PM
Bless you Witty.....:flower:

up and down with the pain thing, but hopeful it will pass... luckily reading the posts this afternoon has made me giggle and laughing always seems to help any sort of pain...:yeah:

Bet you make a terrific nursey (wish I had one:tears: ) I am counting the minutes till next Friday and SOOO looking forward to seeing you guys...

Lotsa luv
Jan
:hug: :hug:

WittyBird
26th-February-2006, 05:39 PM
Bet you make a terrific nursey (wish I had one:tears: ) I am counting the minutes till next Friday and SOOO looking forward to seeing you guys...

Living 5 mins away from MissyD helps :whistle:

She is now forgetting how many pills she has taken :rofl: At this rate I will have to hide them from her :really:

Hope you feel better for storm Jan big hugs for you :hug:

Magic Hans
26th-February-2006, 06:45 PM
She is now forgetting how many pills she has taken

When I had big kidney pains [... it was the pains that were big, not the kidneys!] ... I was advised to double up on paracetamol ibuprofen [it seems that these can mix] ... but definitely not aspirin.

... another useful little tip for my 1st aid box!

[But please 1st check this out] ... I've never believed in blindly following another's advice ... even .... errrrr .... mine!!

Missy D
26th-February-2006, 07:02 PM
Nurse Witty has just left! She did all the washing up from 3 days ago, did a shop for me, sorted out my medication, and cheered me up too. I still look like a hamster and smell like one too! The pain and swelling is gradually easing.

Thanks Becca!:hug:

WittyBird
26th-February-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks Becca!:hug:

Your more than welcome my darling thats what friends are for :flower:
Will call round tomorrow as well before my interview to make sure you haven't tried to overdose again :cheers:

Petal
26th-February-2006, 09:54 PM
When I had big kidney pains [... it was the pains that were big, not the kidneys!] ... I was advised to double up on paracetamol ibuprofen [it seems that these can mix] ... but definitely not aspirin.

... another useful little tip for my 1st aid box!

[But please 1st check this out] ... I've never believed in blindly following another's advice ... even .... errrrr .... mine!!

Yes my dentist told me to take paracetamol and ibruprofen together, it's safe apparently because they don't contain the same ingredients. Certainly didn't do me any harm. You could always phone NHS direct to check this out, surely they can confirm that quickly and not keep you waiting.

bigdjiver
26th-February-2006, 10:42 PM
Yes my dentist told me to take paracetamol and ibruprofen together, it's safe apparently because they don't contain the same ingredients. Certainly didn't do me any harm. You could always phone NHS direct to check this out, surely they can confirm that quickly and not keep you waiting.I echo "seek medical advice". I aam reluctant to resort to painkillers, believing that pain is there for a reason, but I was told that Ibuprofen has an anti-inflammatory effect, so it is actually treating the cause of some pains, and it worked for me.

Missy D
27th-February-2006, 09:08 AM
I am better today:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Swelling has almost gone! pain is only slight now too:clap:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes:hug:

I shall be going to Storm on friday:clap:

jacksondonut
27th-February-2006, 10:03 AM
Brilliant news.... thrilled to bits you are feeling better.. :clap: :clap:

Roll on friday .... :cheers:

Puddy Tat
27th-February-2006, 10:27 AM
I've not been on the Forum for some time and have only just come across your thread. You poor thing, pain associated with teeth I think must be one of the worst in the world and makes you feel so miserable!!:tears:

I'm really glad you're on the mend and will look forward to seeing you strutting your stuff at Storm, minus the Hamster cheeks!!:clap: :clap:

Lots of love Kate
:kiss: :hug: :kiss:

thewacko
27th-February-2006, 10:30 PM
I've not been on the Forum for some time and have only just come across your thread. You poor thing, pain associated with teeth I think must be one of the worst in the world and makes you feel so miserable!!:tears:

I'm really glad you're on the mend and will look forward to seeing you strutting your stuff at Storm, minus the Hamster cheeks!!:clap: :clap:

Lots of love Kate
:kiss: :hug: :kiss:
:devil:
shucks quite fancied seeing missy dee with hamster like cheeks . . .
. . . or am I just lowering the tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy D
8th-March-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh joy back on another dose of anti biotics today:sick: I will be the one rattling during freestyle. Think i am falling apart or just getting old:tears:

Puddy Tat
8th-March-2006, 06:32 PM
You poor thing! :sick: You looked gorgeous at Camber and certainly not like you were falling apart. :flower:
Hope you're feeling better very soon.

Lots of love, Kate :hug: :kiss: :hug:

thewacko
8th-March-2006, 10:57 PM
You poor thing! :sick: You looked gorgeous at Camber and certainly not like you were falling apart. :flower:

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
missed both you and yer sister, but hopefully see you at Greenwich on 19th

If yer gob is still playing yer up I will promise to stand on yer toes to take yer mind of it:eek:

Missy D
9th-March-2006, 12:23 AM

Ah thank you:flower: I try not to show it when i am dancing! I slept through most of the Storm weekend and probably came across as a bit unsociable. I was just feeling a little under the weather. Hopefully this 3rd lot of anti biotics will do the trick.

Dxx:hug:

jacksondonut
9th-March-2006, 11:03 AM
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping that you will be well soon...:flower: Glad I eventually saw you, albeit briefly honey.
GET WELL REAL SOON.

Lotsa luv
Jan
:hug: :hug: