PDA

View Full Version : How did you get your screen name?

azande
7th-April-2004, 10:52 AM
Ok, those of you who just use your name don't have to answer, but what about the others?

Mine is the name of an African tribe, since I'm very interested in African history (especially colonial).

I had it since my first email address with Altavista.

TheTramp
7th-April-2004, 11:02 AM
When I first started dancing, I competed, and danced a lot, with Bryony (who was the person who started me dancing).

It was observed that her style is very smooth and graceful, while mine is allegedly very strutty and sleazy. So, we got christened (can't remember who by) "Lady and the Tramp". And it kind of stuck. For me at least :D

Trampy

Chicklet
7th-April-2004, 11:12 AM
I played mixed, violent hockey for a while with a team from a previous large employer, the boy that was organising the shirts had it in his head (wrongly) that my name was Charlotte.

Charlotte = girls version of Charles
Chick = nickname short for Charles
Chicklet = girls version of nickname short for Charles.

So it was all from an initial boob!.

(still have the original shirt and wear it on holiday!!)

xSalsa_Angelx
7th-April-2004, 12:01 PM
Mine is a **** take ..... Angel is what Andy calls me (not meaning an angelic way, more the opposite) LOL

and I did Salsa before Ceroc, so I just added Salsa infront of Angel to make it sound better, as Angel was already taken on the forum when I registered.

Minnie M
7th-April-2004, 12:26 PM
I was nicknamed Minnie Mouse after a school trip to the I.O.W. as I went to bed with two enourmous rollers on the top of my head to straighten my hair :rofl:

My house is full of Minnie Mouse stuff (mugs/spoons/T-shirts etc etc AND of course cuddly versions) - also have a Minnie Mouse on my car aerial :clap:

You have to admit she really is a sexy creature and she looks for her age too :wink: :blush:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-April-2004, 12:34 PM
hmm...I'm a computer geek type and in the days of Bulletin Boards, Fidonet, Blue Boxing, the non-www Internet and the like I needed a handle i.e. nickname - this was back in 1992. I choose a character from a book that suited me (at the time). "Dreadful Scathe" is the name of a female firvulag alien from "The Saga of the Exiles" series by Julian May :) and i am occasionaly scathing in my comments so......easy choice to make.

I usually shorten it to Scathe though. No one would have guessed that one... :)

DavidB
7th-April-2004, 12:44 PM
ummm

xSalsa_Angelx
7th-April-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hmm...I'm a computer geek type and in the days of Bulletin Boards, Fidonet, Blue Boxing, the non-www Internet and the like I needed a handle i.e. nickname - this was back in 1992. I choose a character from a book that suited me (at the time). "Dreadful Scathe" is the name of a female firvulag alien from "The Saga of the Exiles" series by Julian May :) and i am occasionaly scathing in my comments so......easy choice to make.

I usually shorten it to Scathe though. No one would have guessed that one... :)

So where does the Smurf Avatar come into it then??

Mines is obvious why :rofl:

DavidY
7th-April-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
ummm :yeah:

azande
7th-April-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by azande
Ok, those of you who just use your name don't have to answer..
UUUMMMMMMMMM! :wink:

Sheepman
7th-April-2004, 01:05 PM
I blame Mrs Sheepman, she's the one that really likes sheep :really:

Greg

Chicklet
7th-April-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
ummm

How bizarre, I'm sure someone told me it was from DavidBehave.
But then someone else told me it was DavidBGoode, so whadoIknow:D

Stuart M
7th-April-2004, 01:18 PM
Screen name is obvious, but the avatar comes from an anagram of my full name, which is "Toaster tantrums".

That's the anagram, obviously, not my name...:what:

Emma
7th-April-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
So it was all from an initial boob!. ...which is where the DD bit comes from, innit :wink:

spindr
7th-April-2004, 07:11 PM
Hmmm, terribly straightforward -- a PhD + and a love of double spins = SpinDr :)

Bill
7th-April-2004, 11:50 PM
"Dreadful Scathe" is the name of a female firvulag alien from "The Saga of the Exiles" series by Julian May :)

course it is................ and we've all read that one haven't we.........:D

Emma
8th-April-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M
an anagram of my full name, which is "Toaster tantrums".
Suddenly...a whole new dimension to knowing Stuart....:nice:

TheTramp
8th-April-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Bill
course it is................ and we've all read that one haven't we.........:D I have. Great books.

Trampy

thewacko
8th-April-2004, 08:24 AM
:o Almost ashamed to say this, but my Surname is Jackson (Jacko) and my middle name aaaaaaaaaargh is Michael.
Michael Jackson - Wacko Jacko.
Plus I am not the most sensible or sensative of people so from Wacko Jacko, this got shortened to Wacko. on an AOL account I was disgusted to find someone had wacko@aol.com so I changed mine to TheWacko hey presto (by the way don't bother trying it I am no longer on aol!):cheers:

Bardsey
8th-April-2004, 03:54 PM
Mine came from the village where I lived, near Wetherby, until quite recently when I moved back into Leeds. Sorry, very boring!:rolleyes:

thewacko
8th-April-2004, 03:57 PM
And very much like yourself Bardsey is a very beautiful village, I have been through it a few times (the village that is), so not that boring after all:waycool:

Bardsey
8th-April-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
And very much like yourself Bardsey is a very beautiful village, I have been through it a few times (the village that is), so not that boring after all:waycool:

:kiss: :hug: You certainly know how to make a girl feel good, Phil. Thank you for making my day :flower:

thewacko
8th-April-2004, 04:41 PM
:flower: HEY the truth doesn't always have to hurt you know:kiss: :waycool: :waycool:

Rougeforever
8th-April-2004, 06:23 PM
Mine is an old nickname from about 1990/1.

A little group of us all had nicknames which were related to the colour red. (Poppy, Cherry...etc) :rolleyes:

When I first was online I thought I'd send an email to one of the friends from my old nickname, so created an email address with it, and it stuck.

Part of it was because I have a very unusual surname and I (used to be) sensitive about personal privacy. (Now, of course you can read about every time I break wind on my journal !)

rougeforever is my username on here, on livejournal, on ebay... and everywhere really.

(Oh, and 'Liz' was already taken as a username on the forum).:flower:

fruitcake
8th-April-2004, 06:27 PM
Deja vu!
I thought I replied to this at length yesterday, probably did but at work so probably lost it.
Here we go again.
Oh I can't be bothered........in brief I'm fruit and nuts.
Fruitcake

Yogi_Bear
8th-April-2004, 08:49 PM
Thee avatar was available - so I just added the character's name to go with it

DangerousCurves
9th-April-2004, 01:05 PM
Someone once made a joke about "all women can be likened to road traffic signs..." He illustrated it by calling me "Dangerous Curves". Since he called the two women friends with me "No Entry" and "Humps in the Road", I think I got off very lightly...

The avatar is my kitten, "Willow" - so cute, so innocent ... devil in disguise!

stompin' phil
9th-April-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
I blame Mrs Sheepman, she's the one that really likes sheep :really:
She told me you're more like a rabbit!!:wink:

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by stompin' phil
like a rabbit!! :blush: I can't think what that might have meant :blush:

Greg

Zebra Woman
12th-April-2004, 05:37 PM
I started dancing 6 years ago and didn't suit black and also wanted to be remembered so I always wore a zebra print top (NEVER BOTTOM) my best friend was Leopardy Lady. Over the years I've collected 6 zebra tops. I also have zebra bag, purse scarf & towel...

Very funny when I met Tor at Hipsters and saw her Zebra shoes, I really wanted them.

Last year I had a doubles dance with a man who was wearing a zebra print top and my friend also in a zebra top, we sort of herded together, luckily no leapards about...

Lounge Lizard
12th-April-2004, 07:43 PM
I wanted to set up dance nights with Camber blues/swing room feel
Decided to call them the '.........Lounge'
eg Eastbourne Lounge, Brighton Lounge etc.
So thought I would be the 'The Lounge Lizard' DJ
never got the dance nights going tho:sad:

Dutchginger
13th-April-2004, 02:11 PM
Mine's straight forward really..I'm Dutch...and ginger...and then of course the dance connection (Fred and....)..and my passion for cooking and all things foodie (ginger spice, stem ginger, especially waitroses stem ginger in dark chocolate...:drool: )

Dance Demon
14th-April-2004, 10:17 PM
Mines comes in part from my favourite Screamin' Jay Hawkins Track "Little Demon"......and of course I love dancing so I chose Dance Demon.......:)

horsey_dude
14th-May-2004, 03:49 AM
When I first started using the internet I owned a horse and tended to sign on to horsey web sites. I created an email account for registering for newletters/updates etc so my main email account wouldn't get spammed so much and horsey_dude was born........

I am always intrigued by whether people repley to me as dude, horsey or HD.

Will always calls me horsey_dude if he sees me in person.

HD.

Foofs
17th-May-2004, 08:20 PM
Foofs is one of two nicknames I have been given in the navy (and Fiona was already taken).

It is just a variation of Fee, Fiona, etc. My other name is Beaker and originated from when I had really short hair. In the mornings I would wake up with it sticking up all over the place like Beaker from the Muppets (NOT because I talk nonsense... :grin: )

Dreadful Scathe
18th-May-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DangerousCurves
Someone once made a joke about "all women can be likened to road traffic signs..." He illustrated it by calling me "Dangerous Curves". Since he called the two women friends with me "No Entry" and "Humps in the Road", I think I got off very lightly...

Hahaha, i like this guy already.

The 'slippery road' sign sums up some peoples driving and/or parking ;). A few other good ones :

'Wild Animals ahead' for many dancers i know

'Take a sudden drop of a short pier' for the mistress of put-downs

'end of 30 zone' for the 'cant grow old gracefully' women...which is er..all of them :)

'side winds' for um...

...ill er get me coat

missed you at southport DC :(.

stewart38
18th-May-2004, 04:52 PM
I was born Stewart but when i tried this there was already another stewart on this forum who I dont think has ever posted

so I get stewart38 hardly inspiring (was my age last yr)

Hi Im stewart38 doesnt have the same ring as hi Im dangerous curves etc

Barry Shnikov
18th-May-2004, 07:17 PM
...it's a pun.

DangerousCurves
18th-May-2004, 07:27 PM

missed you at southport DC :(.

'Darnation!

I was there... and missed the chance of a lovely dance with you! :tears:

...Can I mark your dance card for September? :flower:

DangerousCurves
18th-May-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by stewart38

Hi Im stewart38 doesnt have the same ring as hi Im dangerous curves etc

Maybe work on the delivery....

"The name is 38, Stewart38...." - perhaps with a soft Scottish accent.

Well, it works for Sean Connery ( but then, what wouldn't? :devil: )

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
6th-August-2005, 01:46 PM
When I joined the forum I wanted as random a screen name as possible :waycool: ...so I thought Jazz Shoes, seeing as it was the only pair of dance shoes I owned at the time, and if I did join Ceroc would probably wear them. The (Ash) is of course my name, I added that in as I didn't want to always be called 'Jazz Shoes' but by my proper name. So, in effect, what was suppossed to be a totally random screen name, ended up being very thought out :tears: :tears: Maybe I should start to call myself JS now, what you guys think 'Ash' or 'JS', or maybe both to confuse you :D ?

Ash x

Piglet
6th-August-2005, 11:04 PM
Piglet was my English Bull Terrier - a beautiful and funny wee dog with a lovely character.

As puppies they look like piglets - except for the lack of pink! So that's how she got her name, and I stole it for my forum name.

Lucy Locket
6th-August-2005, 11:30 PM
My real name is Lucia but was called Lucy when i started work. I've been called Lucille, LucyLoo, Loose elastic, Lucy locket. And as i liked the nursery rhyme I've used lucy locket many times.

i'e only recently found out the origins of the nursery rhyme:

Lucy Locket lost her pocket,
Kitty Fisher found it;
Not a penny was there in it,
Only ribbon round it.

Explanation Lucy Locket was a (A female bartender) barmaid at the ****, in (A street in central London where newspaper offices are situated) Fleet Street, (The capital and largest city of England; located on the Thames in southeastern England; financial and industrial and cultural center) London, sometime in the (Click link for more info and facts about 1700s) 1700s. Lucy discarded one of her lovers (her 'pocket') when she had run through all his money. (Click link for more info and facts about Kitty Fisher) Kitty Fisher, a noted (A woman who cohabits with an important man) courtesan took up with him, even though he had no money.

so i have to have a 'lover' with me NOT a purse with a ribbon !!!! any offers????

Funnily enough we were discussing this last night whilst having a drink before going into Hipsters.

under par
7th-August-2005, 12:08 AM
My avatar name is eternal wishful thinking.

I will do it one day! :what:

drathzel
7th-August-2005, 01:22 AM
drathzel is sooooo original

Drathzel = D Rathzel = Danielle Rathzel! nothing overly special there :flower:

ducasi
7th-August-2005, 01:49 AM
I kept meeting people who asked me if I was into motorbikes because of my forum name. So much so that I put a disclaimer in my signature and profile. (I think it's still in my profile.)

The name "ducasi" I made up from the first two letters of each of my three names. Simple, sure... but I think it's also rather cool. :waycool:

I've been using it on the net for a good number of years now. :nice:

Peaches
7th-August-2005, 10:36 AM
On the way to Beach ballroom one night we were discussing the usual 'Does my bum look big in this' kinda thing and I felt really good cos one of the guys said 'there,s nothing wrong with your bum I think it looks like a peach :really: :grin: .................... a football peeetch :innocent: and the name peaches stuck.

Trousers
7th-August-2005, 12:30 PM
I started dancing in Surrey
I never liked the Ceroc uniform so started wearing Louder and Louder trousers.
I started to frequent the Woking RebelRoc and as I got to know Katie Baxter she started giving me light hearted lip from the stage when I turned up in NewPants,

She coined the name Trousers for me.

Ta Ms.B

SilverFox
7th-August-2005, 01:22 PM
My surname is Silva.

My hair is predominantly silver these days (.....well, grey... but let's not split hairs..... :rolleyes: )

The Fox bit, I'm not too sure about..... :o

When I was a 'suit' about 12 years ago my boss used to call me it - due to my philandering :innocent: -and it just stuck.

Zebra Woman
7th-August-2005, 01:40 PM
My surname is Silva.

My hair is predominantly silver these days (.....well, grey... but let's not split hairs..... :rolleyes: )

When I was a 'suit' about 12 years ago my boss used to call me it - due to my philandering :innocent: -and it just stuck.

:rofl:

'Suits you Sir'

Alykat
7th-August-2005, 03:12 PM
Ducasi, I like your thinking!

Although my name is Katie, it's actually my middle name, so Alykat comes from the first three letters of my first names (Alyssa and Katie). :cool:

Unfortunately other people have often pointed out that the name Alykat may not have quite such innocent connotations as I intented! :innocent: :blush:

I used Alykat as part of my name for an email address whilst still at school. Maybe that would explain the quanitity and content of the spam I received to that account! :rofl:

Cruella
7th-August-2005, 08:08 PM
For those who've met me It's obvious why i'm Cruella. I'm just plain EVIL :devil: No really it's because i have dark hair with big blonde streaks in the front.

Scotch Bonnet
7th-August-2005, 09:33 PM
hmm...I'm a computer geek .................

You don't sat Nick,I wonder how you fit all the computer stuff in between nappies now ??
Hope the family are all well,thought we might have seen you last Sunday in Princes Street,have a wee thing for your little girl,

Liz
x

killingtime
8th-August-2005, 01:05 AM
I suppose it has just been a nickname I used in computer games (with a frag related theme in mind) but really it's also good for "killing time" which is sometimes what my forum posts amount to. I suppose it just became habit and I generally try that name first. I might have gone for "Gary" but someone (who I presume is called Gary) got there first :tears:.

ToothFairy
8th-August-2005, 03:21 AM
I am a dentist so therefore the name , Tooth Fairy(For what it's worth I am not gay!) :rofl:

filthycute
8th-August-2005, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately other people have often pointed out that the name Alykat may not have quite such innocent connotations as I intented! :innocent: :blush:

I used Alykat as part of my name for an email address whilst still at school. Maybe that would explain the quanitity and content of the spam I received to that account! :rofl:

I know what you mean.....my e-mail is filthycutescot. I don't think sometimes and it's only quite recently i've taken it off my CV. :eek:

I got my name from an American linedancer guy i once knew. He thought i was the cute one of the group (cause i was shy and erm...i guess he thought i was cute. His guide dog hated me though) :o We were at a friends house watching a Prince vid and the song 'Cream' came on. There is a line, " you're filthycute and baby you know it"....he thought this was apt. Cause i also have a filthy laugh .....apparently :blush:

filthycute x

TiggsTours
8th-August-2005, 11:21 AM
Mine comes in 2 parts:

Tigg - short for Tigger, from my ex-boss who said he could tell when I was in a good mood, because I used to bounce around the office.

Tours - because I organised a number of really good skiing holidays for a load of mates.

Little Monkey
8th-August-2005, 12:26 PM
Hmmmmm....

Well.... Er...... I got mine because I apparently misbehave a lot on the dancefloor??? Don't know what people mean by that..... :whistle:

It all started with James (Jive Brummie) calling me 'you little monkey' every time we danced - and it kinda stuck.... Oh, and people also call me Cheeky Monkey, Mad Monkey, Crazy Monkey etc etc etc.... :blush:

Cheeky Little Mad Monkey :flower:

Almost an Angel
8th-August-2005, 01:33 PM
Hmmm how did I................

Well when I first started dancing I had a habit of always wearing T-Shirts with the word 'Angel' emblazened on them an people used to laugh for some reason :confused: :confused:
'Yeah right' was the most commonly used.
I also used to tell people I'm an Angel - again laughing was the normal response :confused:

So now I'm Almost an Angel. which I've been told is very apt. :innocent:

You guys know that the horns are only there to stop my halo from slipping - right. :devil:

Tessalicious
8th-August-2005, 01:42 PM
Mine was a nickname coined (from my name Tessa obviously) by an old friend - I think it was his idea of a great joke (well he was a biochemist, need I say more?) - but I chose to pretend it was meant as a compliment and it has been my username for everything ever since!

Chef
8th-August-2005, 02:11 PM
How I got to be known as Chef

After my first year of MJ one of the ladies I knew talked 4 of us into playing a joke on the Xmas dinner and dance of her employers (a small local estate agent group). We got chefs and waitresses uniforms and we became the “catering staff from hell”. One of the waitresses was the heavily pregnant, jilted at the alter lover of one of the chefs, with all the ensuing slagging off. We were doing things like serving ice cream and plastic fried eggs as the first course, or cold soup with cocktail umbrellas in it. Since only the owner and our dancing lady friend was in on the joke the staff found our increasingly bizarre behaviour pass the amusing and get irksome. British reserve started to break down when we had a fight across a table trying to pull a cork from a bottle of wine – tug of war style. The cork was the same length as the bottle.

Just before the guests revolted the DJ hit “get outta that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans” and we did a dance routine. The penny dropped for them.

So now I had a pair of chefs trousers. I noticed that they came out of the tumble drier without needing ironing (I hate ironing) and that solved a problem for a man that danced 13 nights out of 14 at that time. I also found that people found me very easy to find in a big dance hall and I became known simply as “chef”

I got a dance partner and before she discovered contact lenses she found that the trousers made me easy to find (or avoid) in a crowded dance hall. They became like a trademark.

They have had some curious effects. There are people who claim to have danced with me in parts of the country I know I have never been. Another strange thing is that big groups of people greet me like a prodigal son at various events even though I don’t remember ever seeing them before (I am great with faces but lousy with names).

I would just like to clear up some FAQs.

No, I am not a real chef. I am a research scientist.
Yes, I have more than one pair. I have 4 pairs in rotation at any one time.
No, I have not come straight from work in my work clothes.

Happy Dancing.

FirstMove
8th-August-2005, 02:11 PM
I tried to think of a name that related to my two hobbies. The Ceroc reference is obvious, the other FirstMove alludes to the first move in the Japanese board game Go. Obviously, I spent all of about 2secs thinking it up ... a whole day's ration.

Unfortunately, I know now that First Move is also the name of a commercial MJ company; I'm surprised I haven't prosecuted done for passing off. :devil:

El Salsero Gringo
8th-August-2005, 03:14 PM
I have no idea where my screen name came from; I'm not really a Gringo and my Salsa is pretty dubious at best. It was, literally, the first thing that came to mind when presented with the 'register' screen. However, since I knew beyond doubt that I'd never post anything anyway, it didn't really matter, did it?

under par
8th-August-2005, 03:21 PM
.............snip....... However, since I knew beyond doubt that I'd never post anything anyway, it didn't really matter, did it?

You are so ,so perceptive and intuitive. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

TiggsTours
8th-August-2005, 03:23 PM
But, who are you all, really!? What are your real names!? Being very new to this, I find it quite frustrating not knowing who anyone is, and looking at your profiles doesn't help either!

azande
8th-August-2005, 03:28 PM
But, who are you all, really!? What are your real names!? Being very new to this, I find it quite frustrating not knowing who anyone is, and looking at your profiles doesn't help either!
If we told you we would have to kill you....... :D

El Salsero Gringo
8th-August-2005, 03:29 PM
But, who are you all, really!? What are your real names!? And on a more existentialist note... what are we all, really? What is a *real* name?

robd
8th-August-2005, 03:48 PM
it has been my username for everything ever since!

And which online bank did you say you were with again :whistle:

My screen name is simple enough - robd equals my first name plus first letter of my surname. Wish I had put more thought into it now as it seems it's not possible to change it once chosen, unlike other aspects of your profile.

Damien
8th-August-2005, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=azande]Ok, those of you who just use your name don't have to answer, but what about the others?

Oh god I feel so boring. Should I change my user name? Sugestions welcome -nothing that would hurt my sensitivities though? No prizes for the winning entry :cheers:

Lucy Locket
8th-August-2005, 07:52 PM
For those who've met me It's obvious why i'm Cruella. I'm just plain EVIL :devil: No really it's because i have dark hair with big blonde streaks in the front.

no, you were right 1st time, evil pure evil :rofl: :rofl:

under par
9th-August-2005, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=azande]Ok, those of you who just use your name don't have to answer, but what about the others?

Oh god I feel so boring. Should I change my user name? Sugestions welcome -nothing that would hurt my sensitivities though? No prizes for the winning entry :cheers:

The OMEN
:eek:

Purple Sparkler
9th-August-2005, 03:04 PM
Throwback to university, when I was notorious for a love of things purple and sparkly.
My radio show (I still have it on tape and no, you can't listen to it) was christened the Purple Sparkly Radio Show.

When I joined my first online forum, run by my friend Ian (who is now in the States), Purple Sparkler was the obvious choice, and stuck.

Petal
9th-August-2005, 03:51 PM

:rolleyes: very apt. I've only met you once, but i've heard so much about you since then. :whistle:

Petal
9th-August-2005, 03:53 PM
One of the guys i dance with regularly always called me petal instead of my my "real" name, and it stuck every since. :flower:

Tessalicious
9th-August-2005, 07:05 PM
And which online bank did you say you were with again :whistle: Hon, I wouldn't bother - there's no money in there anyway. :tears:

Dizzy
10th-August-2005, 10:46 AM
My screen name was just the first thing that came into my head when I first registered. I thought that it would sum up both the fact that I love spinning in dancing and it suited my personality (kinda)!!

Just Wiggle
10th-August-2005, 12:45 PM
Mine came from the fact that I get lots of complements about "my Wiggle"! :nice:

Plus whenever anyone asks me what I do when the lead is doing a particular move I say "just wiggle"! :clap:

RachD
10th-August-2005, 12:53 PM
Msfab?
Wicked Blue?
Mooncalf?*

Please put my mind at rest - I would love to know where these came from? :rolleyes:

(*Or was it simply borrowed from your t-shirt?)

Msfab
10th-August-2005, 01:24 PM
Msfab?
Wicked Blue?
Mooncalf?*

Please put my mind at rest - I would love to know where these came from? :rolleyes:

OK RachD!

Msfab.... Get your pillow ready!!!
When I was getting my first email account (Hotmail) somebody had already taken my name in the various ways! Id just started getting into absolutely fabulous (Ab Fab) at the time, so i tried "{My name}sfab" and it worked! :clap: Then a few years later I was logging on to a site and didnt want everyone to know my name and so shortened it to MsFab. And the rest is history! :rolleyes:

At present I do not own anything that has MsFab on it.... all MsFab related gifts would be gratefully received! :flower:

wicked blue
10th-August-2005, 01:30 PM
Msfab?
Wicked Blue?
Mooncalf?*

the wilds of my imagination!! :really:

Tiggerbabe
10th-August-2005, 01:36 PM
Allegedly :wink: I'm never still and have way too much energy for one person. :na:

azande
10th-August-2005, 01:39 PM
Allegedly :wink: I'm never still and have way too much energy for one person. :na:
Ever tried cutting the RedBull? :wink:

under par
10th-August-2005, 01:40 PM

And a "babe" :hug: :kiss:

Tiggerbabe
10th-August-2005, 01:45 PM
Ever tried cutting the RedBull? :wink:
Ehrm - nope :rofl:

And, *cue sexy voice* Mr Under Par - :hug: :blush: :kiss:

Commis Chef
10th-August-2005, 07:44 PM
How I got to be known as Chef

I got a dance partner and before she discovered contact lenses she found that the trousers made me easy to find (or avoid) in a crowded dance hall. They became like a trademark.

I am not that blind :o although seeing across the dance floor or the stage in lessons can be difficult. Sans lenses it may account for my dazed look sometimes.

Chef told me when he discovered Ceroc Scotland and it was obvious what he would choose as his screen name.

Commis chef immediately came to my mind as I would like to think that we are complementary as partners and although he is a bit bossy it is a reasonably equal partnership. (Basically I answer back when he gets too bossy).

Later I thought Sous Chef might have been more apt :whistle:

Tellina
12th-August-2005, 04:11 AM
I wanted to use my real name but Lily had already been taken. Tellina is my SCA name (a medieval re-creation group) so I decided to use it as a nickname too. I originally found it in a book and I liked the way it sounds :nice:

Lee
12th-August-2005, 08:46 AM
I feel left out…..i used my own name!

I was really surprised to find know one had used 'Lee'.

Surely I’m not the only Lee in the Ceroc village, did I pip ‘Aussie’ Lee to the post or is he more imaginative than me??

What does that make me?? Oh know, how am I gonna get through the day………..should I change my user name??

Lee

RachD
12th-August-2005, 01:55 PM
I feel left out…..i used my own name!

I was really surprised to find know one had used 'Lee'.

Surely I’m not the only Lee in the Ceroc village, did I pip ‘Aussie’ Lee to the post or is he more imaginative than me??

What does that make me?? Oh know, how am I gonna get through the day………..should I change my user name??

Lee

I sympathise with you Lee.
Maybe I have the advantage though as I have a mysterious 'D' at the end of mine. Hmmmm...I wonder what that could stand for? :rolleyes:

Lee
12th-August-2005, 01:56 PM
I sympathise with you Lee.
Maybe I have the advantage though as I have a mysterious 'D' at the end of mine. Hmmmm...I wonder what that could stand for? :rolleyes:

Have a nice DAY :wink:

Lee

RachD
12th-August-2005, 02:05 PM
Have a nice DAY :wink:

Lee

:really:

Is that the Lee I think it is..... ?

Lee
12th-August-2005, 02:09 PM
:really:

Is that the Lee I think it is..... ?

Is that Rachel with a DOB of 12/10/76? :hug:

killingtime
12th-August-2005, 02:20 PM

Is this Friends Reunited on a Ceroc forum? :D

Lee
12th-August-2005, 02:22 PM
Is this Friends Reunited on a Ceroc forum? :D

Hi,
Is that Killingtime, DOB 24/04/79, Hows life?

Lee

killingtime
12th-August-2005, 02:43 PM
Hi,
Is that Killingtime, DOB 24/04/79, Hows life?

Oh it has been quite good. It's been a while since we've spoke. How has the Ice Skating going in Surrey? Still telling those shops to try and sell an item for more than they bought it for :D?

:rofl: :rofl:

Lee
12th-August-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh it has been quite good. It's been a while since we've spoke. How has the Ice Skating going in Surrey? Still telling those shops to try and sell an item for more than they bought it for :D?

:rofl: :rofl:

Aha, good research Mr Bond, that's why i will kill you last.

Ceroc has now substituted Skating.

Hey, you live in Edinburgh, have you been to Princes St recently, i work for House of Fraser & we've just bought the Jenners store group. Any comments you would like me to feed back to the top brass?

Lee :cheers:

killingtime
12th-August-2005, 02:59 PM
Aha, good research Mr Bond, that's why i will kill you last.

May I recommend that, when you do kill me, rather than set up some elaborate device that will kill me then leave me, unguarded, to contemplate my death just get one of your minions to shoot me in the head instead. It's what you trained them for and will stop me playing around with self-destruct button you had installed in your secret base after I escape said device :wink:.

Ceroc has now substituted Skating.

Sheesh; you could update your profile once in a while :D.

Hey, you live in Edinburgh, have you been to Princes St recently, i work for House of Fraser & we've just bought the Jenners store group. Any comments you would like me to feed back to the top brass?

Umm... I haven't been into Jenners for a long time but the displays in the window are nice. Keep up the good work!

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 03:18 PM
May I recommend that, when you do kill me, rather than set up some elaborate device that will kill me then leave me, unguarded, to contemplate my death just get one of your minions to shoot me in the head instead. It's what you trained them for and will stop me playing around with self-destruct button you had installed in your secret base after I escape said device :wink:.
Aha, another 101-Evil-Baddy-tips reader...

Lee
12th-August-2005, 03:20 PM
Aha, another 101-Evil-Baddy-tips reader...

Glad someone knows what he was saying!! :innocent:

Lee

RachD
12th-August-2005, 09:41 PM

Yes it is! Good to see you are on the forum too Lee! :hug: (please excuse us...)

azande
30th-January-2006, 02:43 PM
Since we have had quite a few new members (and I am really curious about our latest member name :wink: ) since the last post, I thought about resurrecting this thread.

Anyone?

jacksondonut
30th-January-2006, 03:00 PM
Hiya..

Its only been a few months on the Forum and I am addicted!!!:clap:
Its brilliant.. and I have met some of the loveliest people..:hug:

My name has been mistaken for a guys name, so I made sure I put a photo on my profile.. just to clear things up! :wink:

Jacksondonut is our email address at home.. 'donut' is the pet name my hubbys secretary has for him.. (they have been friends a long time too)..
he can be a bit silly sometimes!:whistle:

When I joined the Forum, I didnt realise that would be the name I would be stuck with, so........ I left it and to this day have no idea how to change it.
Never mind, It doesnt bother me at all when people say 'Oh, you must be donut then!' the pictures it must conjure up to most people cannot be too flattering... :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Piglet
15th-February-2006, 12:34 AM
Jacksondonut is our email address at home.. 'donut' is the pet name my hubbys secretary has for him..
Thanks for the explanation - I always wondered if you were saying that "Michael Jackson done it!" :whistle: only because I first notice your name around about his trial though.

Piglet
15th-February-2006, 12:35 AM
Since we have had quite a few new members (and I am really curious about our latest member name :wink: )
Who was that then?

azande
15th-February-2006, 09:35 AM
this member (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/member.php?u=1852)

Groovy Dancer
15th-February-2006, 09:53 AM
this member (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/member.php?u=1852)

Did someone say....Milk?:whistle: :D

Crazy Russian
15th-February-2006, 01:18 PM
"Russian" - koz I'm Russian. :) "Crazy" - koz... Actually it's a long story... No comment. :D

Freddie_C
15th-February-2006, 01:25 PM
My nickname and my last initial.

Wow, wasn't that an exciting story! :rofl:

McJester
15th-February-2006, 02:13 PM
Mine comes from University days, hanging round on computer nets and bulletin board systems .... ahhh the days of Bradford Uni Bulletin system .... needed a nick name / handle so started out as Jester, but there was one or two already using it, especially on Newsnet so added the Mc to it for a more Scottish feel.

Since found one or two other McJesters across the world, ok two, and have found that there is a village / small town in Arkansa called McJester... could be a interesting holiday.

:hug:

McJ

PretzelMeister
15th-February-2006, 02:27 PM
~snip~
........in brief I'm fruit and nuts.
Fruitcake

Sounds good to me! :rofl:

Are you going to Beach Ballroom on Saturday night?

If so, can I have a dance please?

PM

PretzelMeister
15th-February-2006, 02:43 PM
Nothing terribly interesting I'm afraid......

....'Pretzel' because just before I joined the forum, I hadn't been dancing that long but had learned the (double) pretzel in a workshop. And it had reached the stage where I was getting a comment after a dance along the lines of "Wow - and you didn't do any / or only X pretzels that time!"

& 'Meister' because soemwhere I used to work before, the whole team had nicknames which ended in 'meister' so it just kinda got ported from there.

Still do the odd pretzel (and a few variations thereof!), but not so much these days!

PM

Asif
15th-February-2006, 02:44 PM
Well i think my one is obvious - no imagination there!!

As for my avatar, anyone who knows me will know that that is also obvious! :whistle:

I did think of some of my nick-names when i joined but couldn't decide what to pick. They were Smee (Got this ages ago. Whenever i used to phone people, i always used to say "Hello, it's me" .... so the name stuck) or Hopalong (Broke my toe during a dance week, running around barefoot chasing girls).

Since my most recent accident, i have been thinking of changing my name to "Bandit" (short for One Arm Bandit - yes, another accident).

TheTramp
15th-February-2006, 02:54 PM
Are you going to Beach Ballroom on Saturday night?

Seems unlikely, since Miss Fruitcake hasn't been dancing much (at all) for a good number of months now....

doc martin
15th-February-2006, 03:23 PM
When I first started dancing, I competed, and danced a lot, with Bryony (who was the person who started me dancing).

It was observed that her style is very smooth and graceful, while mine is allegedly very strutty and sleazy. So, we got christened (can't remember who by) "Lady and the Tramp". And it kind of stuck. For me at least :D

Trampy
I would have guessed it came from Le Tramp being an anagram of your surname. Oh well! I'm not often right, and I'm wrong again 4335.

My nick came from my rugby playing days. My name is martin and I (allegedly) used to step on people occassionally 4336.
So I got lumbered with the name of the boots (almost).

TheTramp
15th-February-2006, 03:33 PM
I would have guessed it came from Le Tramp being an anagram of your surname. Oh well! I'm not often right, and I'm wrong again

Wrong. But I'm dead impressed that you came up with that :clap: :worthy:

Rep given!

Piglet
15th-February-2006, 09:05 PM
I would have guessed it came from Le Tramp being an anagram of your surname. Oh well! I'm not often right, and I'm wrong again
Hey I'd noticed that too, but thought it couldn't be it cos Trampy used the rather than le!

fletch
16th-February-2006, 06:57 PM
I was born with mine 'fletcher' 'Fletch'

I have always been called 'Fletch' by every one teachers, bosses, customers, even my mom refers to me as 'Fletch'

only people that don't call me fletch, are the children.

:clap:

doc martin
16th-February-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey I'd noticed that too, but thought it couldn't be it cos Trampy used the rather than le!
Well, you have some rep too. Unfortunately not as much, but I give what I can :rolleyes:

btw. Your new signature. Is this from personal experience?

TheTramp
16th-February-2006, 07:23 PM
Well, you have some rep too. Unfortunately not as much, but I give what I can :rolleyes:

btw. Your new signature. Is this from personal experience?

Hey..

I'd already given her some for it....:rolleyes:

doc martin
16th-February-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey..

I'd already given her some for it....:rolleyes:
Good touting for rep by Piglet then 4348
Do you have any idea about her signature? Did she try to kidnap you? 4349

Piglet
16th-February-2006, 08:02 PM
Good touting for rep by Piglet then
Do you have any idea about her signature? Did she try to kidnap you?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Trampy doesn't read signatures - or so I heard - wonder if he's been tempted.

If so - nope it has absolutely nowt to do with him - just a quote I came across and liked! Besides he'd be dead easy to kidnap if you know how! :wink:

(btw thanx for the rep boys - now who shall I agree with next? :rofl: I wouldn't care, but I was telling the truth and not looking to gain rep)

ducasi
16th-February-2006, 11:56 PM
I saw something along the lines of Piglet's signature in an advert that was on one of these TV programs about funny ads... No idea what it was advertising – a restaurant chain in Australia I think...

In the ad the kidnappers were trying to bundle their target into the back of a sports car, but he didn't fit! They eventually gave up... :nice:

Crazy Russian
17th-February-2006, 05:42 PM
"Crazy" - koz... Actually it's a long story... No comment. :D

Or may be koz being inspired by www.crazyrussian.com :rofl:

Twirly
15th-June-2006, 01:36 PM
I was thinking of starting a thread up asking about people's usernames - fortunately for everyone else, I've discovered the search facility so just resurrected this one... interesting reading :nice:

I had a bit of a blank when I came to register and tried to think of something dance/me-related. All I could come up with was the way someone asked me to dance one night 'cause of a particular skirt I like to wear (which always gets comments from the guys :innocent: ) - he held out his hand and said "Come on, Twirly". Now, need to improve my spinning to live up to my name! :what:

Frankie_4711
15th-June-2006, 02:31 PM
The Frankie is double fold:

a) My middle name is Frances; and
b) I'm a huge Rocky Horror fan (for those who don't know, one of the main characters is called Frank N Furter)

The 4711 bit - when I chose it, it was because it's tattooed on Frank N Furter's leg ... I subsequently found out that it's a men's cologne popular in the 1970s especially amongst gay men! Hmmm ...

I use the same alias everywhere I go on the internet, so if you see me elsewhere, say 'hello'!!:flower:

Beowulf
15th-June-2006, 02:54 PM
Beowulf - A book I read when I was a kid in Highschool about an anglo saxon hero slaying the beast Grendel.

1970 .. the year I was born :)

ben632664
15th-June-2006, 03:14 PM
Well... Ben Because that is my name (I was trying not to be too cryptic) and 632664 Because I have these numbers tattooed on the back of my head (see tattoo thread).

Rebecca
15th-June-2006, 03:17 PM
:rolleyes:

Yliander
15th-June-2006, 03:20 PM
Well... Ben Because that is my name (I was trying not to be too cryptic) and 632664 Because I have these numbers tattooed on the back of my head (see tattoo thread).so the real question is why those numbers?

mrs_warwick
15th-June-2006, 09:46 PM
My husband has been on-line (BB, usenet, etc etc) for a long time as Warwick. So when I started to infiltrate some of his stomping grounds being mrs_warwick was the quickest way of identifying myself and gaining acceptance. It stuck.

ben632664
16th-June-2006, 09:50 AM
so the real question is why those numbers?

Take a guess!! Theres a couple of people on here who know what the numbers represent but I love hearing some peoples guesses. Most people ask if its my DOB :rofl:

Nobody has ever guessed what they mean! Its quite unique.

wayaay bird
16th-June-2006, 11:07 PM
Take a guess!! Theres a couple of people on here who know what the numbers represent but I love hearing some peoples guesses. Most people ask if its my DOB :rofl:

Since when has there been 26 months in a year and 63 days in a month?? :confused:

Xxx

WittyBird
17th-June-2006, 10:12 AM

I was close tho :whistle:

Icey
17th-June-2006, 01:31 PM
I got mine from a non-dancing friend quite a while ago. She told me that I come across as quite a cold person at first because I'm shy and find it difficult to talk to people I don't know. By the time she got to know me a bit better the name had stuck.

Seahorse
17th-June-2006, 03:57 PM
Spicey recently asked me why I was called Seahorse...

Well... hrmmmm... name came from earlier period in my life before I started dancing which was rather manic (and very work/client orientated) - silly hours/deadlines, spending much of (probably all) my spare time 'high' on adrenaline with little time for friends or anything really outside of the pub or studio.

The name makes reference to where/how I wanted to be/feel... a seahorse is calm, relaxed... gentle (it's the only fish where the male cares for the offspring rather than the female). So when things get silly (as they often still do!... or someone annoys me and I feel like 'firing off...'. I think of a seahorse floating around without a care in the world!

I know it's odd but then most of you keep telling me I'm mildly eccentric.

dinky
17th-June-2006, 05:06 PM
My sister has called me this since we were at school.:grin:

Shaz
17th-June-2006, 05:52 PM
No guesses for me - my real name is Sharon, but everyone calls me Shaz:flower:

Icey
18th-June-2006, 04:51 PM
My sister has called me this since we were at school.:grin:

Your sister was obviously quite nice, I used to call my little sister "Grotbags" :D I still do sometimes ... but only from a distance :wink:

Yliander
18th-June-2006, 05:09 PM

Nobody has ever guessed what they mean! Its quite unique. ummmm errrrrr longitude and latitude of your birthplace

Beowulf
18th-June-2006, 05:37 PM
you wrote the journal "Rat liver mitochondrial and cytosolic fumarases with identical amino acid sequences are encoded from a single gene"??

http://rgd.mcw.edu/tools/references/references_view.cgi?id=632664

;)

Telephone number perhaps??

Piglet
19th-June-2006, 07:06 AM
National Insurance digits?

ducasi
19th-June-2006, 08:29 AM
National Insurance digits?
:yeah:

Or maybe there's something in 6/3 = 2, and 2^6 = 64. 32 is also 2^5...

Or dimensions... 6'3" tall, 2' 6" (= 30") waist, 6'4" wide (finger-tip to finger-tip span.) Or something like that...

ben632664
19th-June-2006, 01:00 PM
Nope, fraid your all wrong!!

The number is actually my surname, but in numbers instead of letters. My surname is 6 letters long and is done on the same principal of your telephone, where each number represents 3 letters.

I really like you thinking though Ducasi :)

ducasi
19th-June-2006, 01:20 PM
The number is actually my surname, but in numbers instead of letters. My surname is 6 letters long and is done on the same principal of your telephone, where each number represents 3 letters.

Cheers!

Cool idea – though if you're using the standard telephone letter code, I'm thinking you must have a very unusual surname!

straycat
19th-June-2006, 02:15 PM
Over the years, I've used Straycat264 on more forums / membership systems than I can remember.

straycat ... because I like the band, I like the song, and I like the name straycat.

264 ... because I'm far from alone in that.

Beowulf
19th-June-2006, 03:12 PM
Nope, fraid your all wrong!!

Cool !

Best Regards

Beowulf548853 ;)

On second thoughts.. I'll never remember that, I'll stick with the 1970 :)

Top Bird
19th-June-2006, 03:23 PM
I was called "Top Bird" by someone for years and I believe I am !!:really:

under par
19th-June-2006, 03:29 PM
I was called "Top Bird" by someone for years and I believe I am !!:really:

What qualities make you this TOP BIRD??:wink: I need to know:whistle:

Top Bird
19th-June-2006, 03:48 PM
The person who gave me the nickname obviously had the answer. However, I think it is because I am good at everything I need to be good at.

under par
19th-June-2006, 03:49 PM
. However, I think it is because I am good at everything I need to be good at.

Wow! pray tell !:yum: :whistle:

Top Bird
20th-June-2006, 09:25 AM
I am quite modest and also very discreet so couldn't possibly divulge such information. However, once I've had a few bevvies at Southport in September, you may find out.:rolleyes:

Clueless
20th-June-2006, 02:25 PM
This was My nickname at Uni. I was christened the Clueless 1 but its been shortened to Clueless, and it was at a time I was working with Stats and Numbers and my mind literally melted from over use, plus I am a blonde brunette.

Here is an example of a couple

Who is Stalin? (I'd never heard of him at the time, but didnt stop the mick being taken)

What happened 9/11? (thinking it was November the 11 and with the stats and vacant minded I forgot that it was an American date and didn't occur to me till the mick was starting to be taken)

Beowulf
20th-June-2006, 08:53 PM
This was My nickname at Uni. I was christened the Clueless 1 but its been shortened to Clueless, and it was at a time I was working with Stats and Numbers

Ah! so you'll know your kurtosis from your skew then ;)

sorry.. I'm a math geek too :)

Clueless
21st-June-2006, 02:26 PM
Ah! so you'll know your kurtosis from your skew then ;)

sorry.. I'm a math geek too :)

My what from my what?? :confused: I didn't do maths I'm a Science Boy and I only know about t-tests, Mann-whitney tests normally tests General Liner models, I know what data to apply then to and then that about it as for doing them I left that to Mini Tab Ver. 14 lol :sick:

jive_me
21st-June-2006, 03:34 PM
My what from my what?? :confused: I didn't do maths I'm a Science Boy and I only know about t-tests, Mann-whitney tests normally tests General Liner models, I know what data to apply then to and then that about it as for doing them I left that to Mini Tab Ver. 14 lol :sick:

:what: it's quite sad I understand that. Stupid Data Analysis module (so glad that's over with)...

...my forum name comes from my mother. I was wittering on about dancing again (as usual) when she turned round and said 'never mind driving me crazy, you're JIVING me crazy'...so it just got shortened as my forum name.

xXx:flower:

Dreamer
21st-June-2006, 04:21 PM
My name came from this discussion (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7751) which was the hot topic of the day when I started Ceroc and discovered this place.

Of course, now that that thread's died a death, my name out of context looks less like an ironic reflection of my beginner status, and more like.... big-headedness.

it seems it's not possible to change it once chosen, unlike other aspects of your profile.

Bugger.

LMC
21st-June-2006, 04:25 PM
Ooooh, let me, let me get this one:

You can get your user name changed by asking Franck nicely.

I did. It caused some trauma too :devil: :rofl:

killingtime
21st-June-2006, 05:45 PM
I did. It caused some trauma too :devil: :rofl:

There was outrage when she did; riots and everything. She's LMC to me now though I can't even remember what she used to be called. New something or the likes.

ducasi
21st-June-2006, 05:50 PM
... what she used to be called. New something or the likes.
NewKid

LMC
21st-June-2006, 05:58 PM
NewKid

But then I wasn't new any more so it seemed a bit of a stupid name.

Ignore us BHB - you ask Franck change your name if you want to :nice: (people only got upset with me 'cos I'd posted quite a lot - and even the rows were a 9-day wonder, like most rows on here are - in fact, they don't even get remembered that long most of the time :D)

Dreamer
21st-June-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks LMC:flower:

Off to think of a new name and sweet talk Franck.

killingtime
27th-June-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks LMC:flower:

Off to think of a new name and sweet talk Franck.

Like the new name!

Dreamer
27th-June-2006, 10:41 PM
Like the new name!

Thanks!:waycool:

littlewiggle
30th-June-2006, 08:21 PM
Well I am known for my sexy (so I'm told!) little wiggle. when dancing ...hence my screen name

Clueless
7th-July-2006, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=jive_me]:what: it's quite sad I understand that. Stupid Data Analysis module (so glad that's over with)...[QUOTE]

you understood that what I said... I'm gald some one dide :wink:

what uni did you go to? and how much does data analysis suc (sorry Beo, but it does so badly) :blush:

Dreamer
22nd-October-2006, 07:56 PM
I posted here under my GF's (Dreamer's) login by mistake so have removed and posted under mine! Listener

Listener
22nd-October-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll try again, found this post quite interesting so although its old, it seems to be resurrected every so often, and thought I'd add to it.

I came upon my nick about 5 years ago when I really got into computers and started a blog so really needed a nick.

Listener is a character in a book called The Stone And The Flute about somoene who goes ona journey and eventually discovers himself and what he's all about. Anyhow it struck a chord with some stuff going on at the time so I settled on it as my nickname. :nice:

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-October-2006, 10:17 PM
Taz was a nickname of mine many moons ago, because I used to fly around like a looney always busy, and I was a bit of a devil (some things never change) :devil:

There was already a Carla on the forum when I joined so I brought my nicknmae back to life :grin: I think it suits :rofl:

Daisy Fox
23rd-October-2006, 08:58 AM
Its a mix of my childrens names - Daisy May and Charlie Fox. Love them to bits. :nice:

Nessiemonster
23rd-October-2006, 11:17 AM
With a name like Vanessa (usually abbreviated to Nessa or Ness) it's pretty obvious really! Nessiemonster was an affectionate nickname given me by a couple of friends years ago, long before living near my namesake was even a remote possibility. Nessa was already taken on the forum (good to meet you at the weekend, Ness), so I resurrected it. (I'm not that scary, honest!! :) )

Juju
23rd-October-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm "Juju" because I'm "bad" :devil:

http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/1999/09/01.html

firefly
25th-October-2006, 02:46 PM
I took my name from a short-lived science fiction series that has never been shown in the UK. But I think I chose rather fortuitously; it seems to suit my personality:grin: , and echoes my real name (Farzana).

I seem to get called by my forum name more often than by my real name. I just tell people I answer to anything!:rofl:

ducasi
25th-October-2006, 02:56 PM
I took my name from a short-lived science fiction series that has never been shown in the UK. But I think I chose rather fortuitously; it seems to suit my personality:grin: , and echoes my real name (Farzana).

I seem to get called by my forum name more often than by my real name. I just tell people I answer to anything!:rofl:
OK, from now on I'll call you "Farscape" ;)

Dreadful Scathe
25th-October-2006, 03:33 PM
I took my name from a short-lived science fiction series that has never been shown in the UK.

oh yes it has - and we're already fans. Shiny.

killingtime
25th-October-2006, 03:42 PM

It was shown on my DVD player. It was a fantastic series. :tears: :tears: :tears:

Andreas
25th-October-2006, 07:30 PM
Mine was choice of my parents. Not that I blame them, appears to be pretty unique around here ... as opposed to where I come from. :D

Katie Kicks Ass
25th-October-2006, 08:03 PM
well my initial name (Kinky_Katie69) came from something my ex said to me.
my new name, comes from the fact I don't take any $h1t.

killingtime
25th-October-2006, 10:01 PM
Stuff

Best. Name. Ever.

Love it.

Dreadful Scathe
26th-October-2006, 12:00 PM

I really cant imagine what! :rolleyes:

Trousers
26th-October-2006, 12:08 PM
my new name, comes from the fact I don't take any $h1t.

Kicking too much ass will make your shoes brown though

Bring back the Kinky side much more inviting :devil:

straycat
26th-October-2006, 03:20 PM
A series so good....

That I downloaded the whole lot as it came out in the States ... over a 56K modem, because I was afraid it would never come out in this country. Took..... flippin... ages.
My Firefly box-set is now one of the few DVDs that I won't. Ever. Lend. To. Anyone (although a lot of people have had it as a present from me)

I'm such a geek :whistle:

Trouble
26th-October-2006, 04:29 PM
Kicking too much ass will make your shoes brown though

Bring back the Kinky side much more inviting :devil:

tsk tsk naughty boy Trousers,

Anyway,, my name has been given to me by most people i know as i can get them into trouble when i dance with them. :devil: :D dont have any idea why :whistle:

firefly
26th-October-2006, 05:05 PM
A series so good....

My Firefly box-set is now one of the few DVDs that I won't. Ever. Lend. To. Anyone (although a lot of people have had it as a present from me)

I'm such a geek :whistle:

Well I'm such a geek I named myself after it!:D
I still can't believe it was cancelled:tears:
I did lend my box-set to someone, but spent so long trying to get it back:mad: that I've now learned my lesson.

Sorry: thread hijack over...

cms
26th-October-2006, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=firefly;297220]I took my name from a short-lived science fiction series that has never been shown in the UK. QUOTE]

iv got it too! infact just sent the box set to a friend for his xmas (well i do have to be hyperorganised as im going away!!!!)

mines so boring - just my initials! and that was only because im the 2nd claire s to join the forum and she got that name 1st!!!:tears: :tears: :flower:

apart from that iv never had a nickname and am useless at making things up so cms will have to do - and il makedo with a good avatar!

C x

Katie Kicks Ass
26th-October-2006, 07:33 PM
Trousers, Mummy says I'm to young to be kinky.

David Bailey
26th-October-2006, 08:04 PM
Trousers, Mummy says I'm to young to be kinky.
My goodness. Harrumph.

fletch
26th-October-2006, 08:33 PM
Fletch...........my name comes from......mmmm...my name :wink: :devil:

I have been called Fletch, since I was 9 years old :waycool:

Fletcher

Juju
26th-October-2006, 10:38 PM

Moi aussi. I'm sure I posted on another thread, way back, that I turned out to be Jayne in a "Which Firefly character are you?" online quiz. :devil:

I'm "Juju" because I'm "bad" :devil:
http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/1999/09/01.html

Actually, that was a gratuitous fib. It's an abbreviation of my name.

My goodness. Harrumph.

Daydreaming Diva
15th-November-2006, 10:04 AM

I enjoyed reading through this thread - have to admit that I didn't read every single post though. Firefly is very evocative of someone buzzing around the dance floor - subtle though, I like it. :clap: :clap:

My name well - 'Diva' because I am a classically trained singer, though I used to do losts more before I spent all my time dancing. I started with folk, then joined a rock band diverted to classical singing, now forming a jazz/swing duo. 'Daydreaming', because I gave up the chance of singing professionally because, quite simply, my children came first and if you want to make it as a singer you have to be really selfish with your time.

So I have always daydreamed about what it would have been like, but never regretted my choice. After all how could I - who would pass up the chance to concentrate on being there for my darling TESSALICIOUS. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Double Trouble
15th-November-2006, 02:34 PM
I gave myself my name after my sister named herself trouble, because I am a troublesome little madam.....and then some.:devil:

Jamie
15th-November-2006, 02:43 PM
Believe it or not, my real name is Jamie so I thought it might be a good idea to call myself "Jamie" on the forum.. :waycool:

Trouble
15th-November-2006, 02:47 PM
Believe it or not, my real name is Jamie so I thought it might be a good idea to call myself "Jamie" on the forum.. :waycool:

so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weazle. :flower:

Shodan
15th-November-2006, 04:36 PM
Back in 1994 there was a computer game released called "System Shock". At the time I thought it was the best game ever. Over the years, despite its aging graphics and so forth, its still a brilliant game that had so many technological advances in gaming for the time period. It was also a fantastically playable game with a brilliant storyline.

My forum username "Shodan" is a nod to the evil computer system AI that is the main villain in the game. "Shodan" was infamous for scaring the be-jesus out of you at random points in the game.

"Shodan" despite its martial arts sounding, actually stands for "Sentient Hyper-Optimised Data-Access Network".

baldrick
10th-December-2006, 06:20 PM
Many moons ago, to annoy my enemies (sales) I developed the knack if answering a question without giving out the information the questioner wanted. One cry of
"Your worse than Baldrick and I was lumbered"
Turns out its a lots of fun matching/confounding expectations.

Husky_Cat
10th-December-2006, 06:44 PM
i got my name from...

Husky cos i was reading a book at the time and it was saying ... 'i hoped i had a husky voice or huskily voice' and i didnt want to put huskily so i put husky .

Cat cos it was what i was called as a nickname in primary school cos i kept scratching people with my long nails!! and i still do!! :D

StokeBloke
10th-December-2006, 08:17 PM
I am a bloke
I live in Stoke
hence.. :)