PDA

View Full Version : Advice on walking boots :-(

Boomer
5th-April-2004, 06:19 PM
Just found out my flatmate has donated my boots to Oxfam :angry: by mistake :tears: This was some time ago so I can't even buy them back. TRying to be philosophical about it...failing. With a budget of £130 can anyone recommend a good 3/4 season walking boot. Failing that, can anyone tell me if Hitech still produce the 'Magnum' boot, and if they've imrpoved its durability?

Thanks.

Jayne
5th-April-2004, 08:01 PM
I have a pair of Solomans and they are FAB! I bought them over three years ago in a sale for 80 shiny gold nuggets and I now wear them for work, they're still good. Of course, now's the wrong time to be looking as you won't get any in a sale... :sad:

J :nice:

Lynn
6th-April-2004, 12:52 PM
I need a new pair too - used to go hillwalking regularly but my old boots really hurt now (no idea why, I have worn them for years). Borrowed a pair a few times but need to buy my own. Went last year to the biggest outdoor shop in Belfast - tried on loads of pairs - couldn't find any to fit :tears: I think I have short ankles or something :sad: - anyone any suggestions for ladies pairs that don't come too far up the ankle?

Yup, I've missed the sales now too - not like me at all!