PDA

View Full Version : The Long Good Friday at Twyford!!!!

Bex
5th-April-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

Normal class/price night this Friday (9th) at Twyford but we're going on till midnight!! The dress code is 'anything yellow', prizes for the best dressed male & female. We're also having tea & hot cross buns later :drool:

Great music by TWK (unless he's whisked away by Divissima) :tears: , plenty of parking, licensed bar and sprung wooden floor.

Hope you can make it :cheers:

Bex
PS. There's a rumour Bill (BTC) might make an appearance, can anyone confirm??? :worthy:

Divissima
5th-April-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi Bex

TwK will be there - even my best efforts would not keep him away from an extra hour of freestyle at Twyford! I don't know yet when I am heading home but the chance to wear my Tweetie-Pie t-shirt may be too fantastic to miss!

Looking forward to it :waycool:

Bex
5th-April-2004, 12:38 PM
If its half as good as your 'FCUK the DJ' one then I can't wait to see it!!!

:clap:

Pammy
5th-April-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't own anything yellow, but I do have bunny ears and a tail if that'll do :grin:

spindr
5th-April-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
I don't own anything yellow, but I do have bunny ears and a tail if that'll do :grin:

And the guys have to come along as Hef'?

SpinDr

ChrisA
5th-April-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Bex
The dress code is 'anything yellow',
Does black count?

:devil:

I have some exceptionally bright yellow swim shorts. I'm pretty sure they are the only yellow item I own...

... I'm even surer I'm not going to be wearing them :rofl:

Divissima
5th-April-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA:
yellow swim shorts :sick: :what: :whistle:

What is it with men and lurid swimwear?

Could you get some black speedos, Coolster? :flower: :drool:

ChrisA
5th-April-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Could you get some black speedos, Coolster? :flower: :drool:
I thought speedos were completely passé ????

I have some that have been in the drawer for a looooooong time, but I'm not wearing them either... :really: :what: :sick:

Divissima
5th-April-2004, 06:27 PM
Now there's a mental image.... :really: :wink:

I don't own much in the way of yellow clothing, but as it's festive... Might get TwK to track down the Birdy Song (after all, think of all those Easter chicks).

Bill
5th-April-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Hi All,

Bex
PS. There's a rumour Bill (BTC) might make an appearance, can anyone confirm??? :worthy:

He will indeed be there on Friday...........:D and really looking forward to it. Looking out my yellow shirt - but don't have any yellow trousers......might have yellow socks somewhere.

Really looking forward to seeing you and Bill again and dancing with you both again :na: ..and to meeting some of the forumites.

See you all on Friday :cheers:

Daisy
5th-April-2004, 08:38 PM
Boo Hoo won't be able to go:tears: :tears: :tears:

Got to go and visit the rellies 'up north' for Easter. Now I'm going to be really jealouse.

TwK could also play Mellow Yellow by Donovan and Yellow Submarine by Ringo. Hate both these tracks mind you.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

LOL

:flower: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Divissima
5th-April-2004, 08:40 PM
swoon If there's a better-than-chocolate experience to be had at Twyford then there's no competition :really: :wink: :waycool:

Mary
5th-April-2004, 10:01 PM
swoon If there's a better-than-chocolate experience to be had at Twyford then there's no competition :really: :wink: :waycool:

BTC and no calories - what more could a girl ask for?:yum: :yum:

Darn - no yellow in the wardrobe anywhere.:tears:

M

Bill
6th-April-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Mary

Darn - no yellow in the wardrobe anywhere.:tears:

M

want to borrow one of my shirts :wink: ..how can a girl not have yellow ??????:whistle:

Bill
6th-April-2004, 01:13 AM

but only better than chocolate if chocolate gives you a rash and makes you sick..........:sick: :whistle:

Pammy
6th-April-2004, 09:24 AM
Bill, can I have another dance please :hug: even if I'm not yellow, or made of lindt :blush:

Jayne
6th-April-2004, 09:49 AM
Bill - your dance card seems to be quickly filling up! Could you add my name to the list please? Pretty please?

As for yellow - I don't *do* yellow - makes me look like I've got liver failure... :sad:

See you all on Friday!

J :nice:

ChrisA
6th-April-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
As for yellow - I don't *do* yellow - makes me look like I've got liver failure... :sad:

Though your avatar would suggest otherwise :D

Pammy
6th-April-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Though your avatar would suggest otherwise :D

Watch it, watch it!

Remember, you upset one wife, you upset them all.

It'll be like dominoes :wink:

Jayne
6th-April-2004, 01:46 PM
Watch it, watch it!

Absolutely!

J :D

ChrisA
6th-April-2004, 01:51 PM
Watch it, watch it!

:really:

I certainly wouldn't want to upset all five of you. :flower:

Jayne
6th-April-2004, 01:57 PM
I certainly wouldn't want to upset all five of you. :flower:
One flower between the five of us?? You need to try harder than that, Husband number one!

J :wink:

ChrisA
6th-April-2004, 03:12 PM
Husband number one!

Zoikes... is this what they mean by "sauce for the goose"?

:what:

Pammy
6th-April-2004, 03:14 PM
One flower between the five of us?? You need to try harder than that, Husband number one!

I feel now would be a good time to point out that I love those little mini egg thingies :grin: :wink:

Jayne
6th-April-2004, 03:40 PM
I feel now would be a good time to point out that I love those little mini egg thingies :grin: :wink:
ooooo chocolate (preferably milk though, huh)
J :nice:

Divissima
6th-April-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, husband #2, better turn up with appeasing gifts on Friday or you'll have a wife strike (contraction: strife) on your hands :rofl: :rofl:

Boomer
6th-April-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah, husband #2, better turn up with appeasing gifts on Friday or you'll have a wife strike (contraction: strife) on your hands :rofl: :rofl:

Um..Chris...they're striking and contracting :what: name one after me will ya :grin: :cheers:

Bill
8th-April-2004, 12:08 AM
Bill, can I have another dance please :hug: even if I'm not yellow, or made of lindt :blush:

It'll be a pleasure........... just have to decide which shirt/ top to wear .... didn't realise I had so much yellow in my wardrobe. Can even wear my yellow socks :D

Better start packing tomorrow........ might even make it to Hipsters next Tuesday and/or Wednesday :D . see you all soon .Just hope I can remember some moves :sick:

Pammy
8th-April-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Bill
It'll be a pleasure...........

See you tomorrow then :hug:

Divissima
8th-April-2004, 11:16 PM
Just been rooting around in my drawers.... :really: ... to no avail :tears: Can't find my yellow t-shirt. :(

I'll have to go for the ol' standby - cleavage :what:

Bill
9th-April-2004, 01:05 AM
Just been rooting around in my drawers.... :really: ... to no avail :tears: Can't find my yellow t-shirt. :(

I'll have to go for the ol' standby - cleavage :what:

I could have offered my spare yellow T-shirt but cleavage sounds much better.....see you tonight :D :wink:

Mary
9th-April-2004, 10:13 AM
So ChrisA, are you going for the 'superman' look? You know what I'm talking about.:devil:

M

ChrisA
9th-April-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mary
So ChrisA, are you going for the 'superman' look? You know what I'm talking about.:devil:

I do know what you're talking about, but nothing could look less like superman.

:tears: :tears:

How bout if I bring a yellow duck with me? Will that do?

Divissima
9th-April-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Mary:
So ChrisA, are you going for the 'superman' look? You know what I'm talking about.I don't know what Mary means, but I am now troubled by an image of ChrisA wearing his yellow swim shorts over his usual black trousers :sick:

Some us are in work, you know!

ChrisA
9th-April-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't know what Mary means, but I am now troubled by an image of ChrisA wearing his yellow swim shorts over his usual black trousers :sick:

You're not half as troubled by that image as the person at risk of doing the wearing, I assure you...

Fortunately I've solved my problem in a way that won't forever disqualify me from wearing my 'sters shirt...

:waycool:

ChrisA
9th-April-2004, 10:32 AM
JI'll have to go for the ol' standby - cleavage :what: I'm sure the slashed top has a little yellow in it... :wink:

Divissima
9th-April-2004, 11:06 AM
Oi! Who'se JI'll - don't know her! :rofl:

Well, it's too late to request that top. Sorry, Chris. But the one I chose for tonight is a good'un, I promise :wink:

Minnie M
10th-April-2004, 09:07 AM
First time at Twyford and WHAT A NIGHT - nice fast floor, wonderful company, fabby dancers and great music, what else do you need !

Thank you all for making me feel sooooooooooooo welcome :hug:

I don't think I had a bad dance all evening - got to say that Bill was the star though :worthy: I had an amazing :drool: dance with Bill thank you :blush: PLEASE PLEASE come and visit us more often - he was on the floor ALL evening, must have danced with ALL the ladies even danced with Billco :rofl: that was great to watch.

Brilliant dance with Billco :worthy: nearly lost my scrunchy though with those very fast spins :rofl:

Could spend the next half hour breaking down every dance as they were all fantastic :clap: - gotta mention Tony though, very underated, I ALWAYS have a great dance with him, such musicality and interpretation, such a real joy to dance with - grab him for a dance girls, you will not be dissapointed (you taught him well Mary:wink: )

Only regret (yet again) not saying HI to Divissima, have to ask someone to point you out and at that time you are on the floor and don't get a chance (do you change your image :confused: )

Sylph
10th-April-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
... wonderful company, fabby dancers and great music, what else do you need !...

.. had an amazing :drool: dance with Bill thank you :blush: [/COLOR] PLEASE PLEASE come and visit us more often - he was on the floor ALL evening, must have danced with ALL the ladies even danced with Billco :rofl: that was great to watch.

Brilliant dance with Billco...

Could spend the next half hour breaking down every dance as they were all fantastic :clap: - gotta mention Tony though, very underated, I ALWAYS have a great dance with him, such musicality and interpretation, such a real joy to dance with - grab him for a dance girls, you will not be dissapointed (you taught him well Mary:wink: )

Totally agree with all this :clap:

Thanks to Bill and Bex for creating such a warm atmosphere, Toby for great music and light show that mesmerised me!

Thanks also for my lovely big Easter egg :yum:

Margaret

Fran
10th-April-2004, 12:12 PM
I don't think I had a bad dance all evening - got to say that Bill was the star though :worthy: I had an amazing :drool: dance with Bill thank you :blush: PLEASE PLEASE come and visit us more often - he was on the floor ALL evening, must have danced with ALL the ladies even danced with Billco :rofl: that was great to watch.

thats our Bill !!:grin:

would say my bill but hate sounding posessive :wink: :rofl:

in case he cant log on till monday he said he had a really great time.

Fran
10th-April-2004, 12:14 PM
You're not half as troubled by that image as the person at risk of doing the wearing, I assure you...

:waycool:

so what was the verdict on the new fashion statement??? (yellow pants over black trousers.):what: :wink:

fran

Minnie M
10th-April-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Fran
would say my bill....
:yeah:
and so you should !:clap:

He was known as the man with the yellow shirt - eg: Have you had a dance with the man with the yellow shirt yet :grin: can't tell you how many times I heard that :really:

When are you venturing south Fran??? The Comps ?

Fran
10th-April-2004, 04:53 PM
:yeah:
and so you should !:clap:

He was known as the man with the yellow shirt - eg: Have you had a dance with the man with the yellow shirt yet :grin: can't tell you how many times I heard that :really:

When are you venturing south Fran??? The Comps ?

well wait till they see him in his 3" stiletoes - a sight to behold:wink:

I am comming down to london on Tuesday till thursday this comming week with my "man in the yellow shirt":wink: - well if its washed by then :what: - the shirt not the man

Do you come up from brighton mid week? the nxt time will be at the comp and it will be lovely to see you again - hardly saw you at blackpool.:sad:

I hope you have fabby time tonight at the ball and really wish I could go but wont make it after all. :tears:

see you soon love fran :hug:

ChrisA
10th-April-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Fran
so what was the verdict on the new fashion statement??? (yellow pants over black trousers.):what: :wink:

Fortunately, Desmond the (very yellow) duck put in an appearance, thus removing the need to test the aforementioned fashion, er, statement...

Black is, of course, the new yellow...

:blush: :whistle:

Fran
10th-April-2004, 10:14 PM

Black is, of course, the new yellow...

:blush: :whistle:

but of course!

I am sure you would have carried it off with style though:wink:

:nice:

Divissima
10th-April-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M:
First time at Twyford and WHAT A NIGHT - nice fast floor, wonderful company, fabby dancers and great music, what else do you need !It was my best night of dancing for ages and ages - I had such a wonderful night. That floor is just wonderful, the dancers are fantastic, they have tea and cookies, AND (although I'm biased) TwK's music was fantastic :wink: OK, so I'm very biased :waycool: Bill and Bex just make it such a fantastic night out - thank you sooooo much guys. Can't wait for the next one :waycool:

I don't think I had a bad dance all evening Me too - it was a fantastic night. Did I mention that already?? :wink: Such great dancers there - and everyone in the mood to dance the night away. I have to mention Jason and Graham - I don't think they post here, but they are just wonderful dancers. And what a treat to have Bill there. Boy, were we lucky!

gotta mention Tony though, very underated, I ALWAYS have a great dance with him, such musicality and interpretation, such a real joy to dance withAgreed, but shhhhhh! :wink:

Only regret (yet again) not saying HI to Divissima, have to ask someone to point you out and at that time you are on the floor and don't get a chance (do you change your image )
Sorry, Minnie - I'll make a point of introducing myself and saying hello properly next time. Great to see you there last night.

I have to say I was most impressed with the amount of yellow on display. Margaret's top was so lovely - I searched for the lost chick in vain!! And Andy's costume was just inspired!!

A great night :worthy: :clap:

Fran
10th-April-2004, 10:22 PM
are you not at the ball Divissima? I though I would be the only cinderella as Lory called me in a PM:nice:

Divissima
10th-April-2004, 10:26 PM
Hi Fran - no, not at the ball! I'm having a quiet Easter weekend with my folks in Leamington Spa (although I did check whether there would be any ceroc in Leamington!!).

Hope to see you during the week if you are down - Hipsters??

Fran
10th-April-2004, 10:43 PM

Hope to see you during the week if you are down - Hipsters??

well Im glad im not the only one - sitting at my mums computor in my PJs everyone in bed - its blissfully quiet.

I will be at hipsters on wed and poss tue - looking forwrad to it. :nice: lovley to see you if you are there. have a lovely easter tomorrow. I have to get up and hide the eggs in the garden. Its very very flat in Lincoln so there are no hills to roll them down:tears:

fran :hug:

Pammy
13th-April-2004, 09:31 AM
Best part of the night for Helen and I was our husbands eggs.

Thank you hunny, that was so sweet of you :hug:

Px

Bill
16th-April-2004, 06:42 PM
Home for a day....well for a few hours actually ......... :rolleyes: before heading back to Edinburgh and my mock exams tomorrow :sick:

Just a very quick message to say huge thanks to everyone I met at both Twyford and at the masked Ball...... absolutley wonderful to meet and dance with so many forumites ( and even the non forumites :D ). Great to see Bill and Bex again and to dance with you both and to finally meet Lori and to dance again with Linda, Claire, young ( very young :sick: ) Katie, Margaret and of course my hostess Mary.

Just hope I can get down again sometime soon. See some of you at the Champs or at Southport.

Thanks again for two fabulous nights of dancing.....now where's my notes..............

:rolleyes: :cheers:

Mary
16th-April-2004, 09:27 PM
Should have posted this earlier, but what a storming night last week!!! Bill & Bex that really is a pretty special venue you have going there. And wasn't it a treat to have Bill down? What a shame Fran couldn't be there (probably not fair of me to go on about what a great night she missed :blush: ) but hopefully they can both make it down again for another Twyford stormer. However, at least it left more dances for the ChrisA wives!!:wink:

And so many forumite faces :yum: great to see everyone.

:cheers: :cheers:

M