Presents

STOMPIN' FRIDAYS IN BRIGHTON WITH VIKTOR

UK & Australian Jive Champion

KING ALFRED LEISURE CENTRE

FRIDAY 16th APRIL

THEN EVERY FRIDAY

7.45 pm TILL MIDNIGHT

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE MENCAP CHARITY

Viktor is acclaimed as being one of the best modern jive dancers in the world after winning championships on both sides of the globe.

His unique style and elegance is envied throughout the modern jive scene.
We are very fortunate to have him teach every Friday for us.

Viktor will be teaching 2 classes

1st class Beginners/Improvers 8.15-8.55pm

2nd class Intermediate /Advanced 9.05-9.35pm

Plus 2 1/2hrs of freestyle till midnight

OPENING NIGHT SPECIAL PRICE £6 ALL NIGHT

Let’s make Viktor FEEL welcome and also Brighton rock on a Friday
Join the party and have a good night
Normal price £6 before 9pm £8 after

Bar

Free Parking

This is a non-smoking venue

Enquiries Phil Ph 07860 709751

[email]phil@eventsforcharity.co.uk

stompin' phil
4th-May-2004, 07:49 AM
Stompin' Fridays in Brighton with Viktor
Every Friday

To keep you updated with Stompin' Fridays and any slight changes please find below the latest news.

Viktor will be doing 2 classes during the evening. The second will be an intermediate routine, which will be broken down over the next 4 weeks (2-4 moves each week). Each week there will also be a quick recap of the previous weeks moves. The more weeks you come the more you learn!

This week we will also be starting a loyalty card. Pay for 4 weeks and get a 5th week free. Ask for details on the front desk as you come in.

If you know any one who has not danced before please bring them along as Viktor wants to use the first lesson for beginners and those people who wish to refresh the beginner moves with Viktor's style and technique and at the same time introduce confidence and fun in to your dancing.

If you are not going anywhere else this Friday this is the place to be. We have had an average of 100+ for the last 3 weeks since we started.

Admission before 9pm £6, £8 after.

Opens 7.45pm freestyle
1st Class 8.15pm-8-50pm beginners/improvers
Freestyle
2nd Class 9.05pm-9.35pm intermediate/advance
Freestyle (2 1/2hrs)
Midnight close.

Great music and free sweeties!

Free parking next door.

Best wishes

Phil Duckett

under par
4th-May-2004, 04:12 PM
Great night on Friday Phil , the lessons continue to go well with the crowd.
saw quite a few practising the 4 week routine that Viktor has been doing.
Paul

Great to have a Friday night venue on the South coast been complaining for ages that no where to go locally.:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:

stompin' phil
4th-May-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by under par
Great night on Friday Phil , the lessons continue to go well with the crowd.
saw quite a few practising the 4 week routine that Viktor has been doing.
Paul

Great to have a Friday night venue on the South coast been complaining for ages that no where to go locally.:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Paul

I'm looking forward to the next 4 week course of new moves from Viktor on Friday
Hope to see you there.

Keep on Stompin' Fridays

Phil

Andy McGregor
23rd-May-2004, 06:20 PM
I had a great night on Friday in Brighton, danced all night to John Miller's music: practiced with the lovely Sema for the Jive Masters next Sunday: met the gorgeous Chickadee for the first time.

I had a lovely chat with Chickadee and found out we've got soooo much in common: she is intelligent, young, very attractive, has a great figure, is a great dresser (and undresser:devil::wink: ), and is a very stylish and sexy dancer - we're almost twins:whistle:

N.B. O.K. I made up the "undresser" bit. As far as my current knowledge goes that's just me...

..but I've always had a great thirst for knowledge:devil:

stompin' phil
5th-July-2004, 08:13 PM
Just a quick update.

EVERY FRIDAY

From This Friday 10th July the opening hours are 7.30pm -midnight
Admission is £7 all night
There is now no 2 tier price structure which a few people did not agree with(hence the change)
The class times stay the same.
(SEE ABOVE)
WITH AN AVERAGE OF 100+ HAPPY FEET EVERY FRIDAY
GIVE IT A TRY

Keep on Stompin

Phil Duckett

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 12:01 AM
Just a quick update.

EVERY FRIDAY

Admission is £7 all night
There is now no 2 tier price structure which a few people did not agree with(hence the change)
The class times stay the same.
(SEE ABOVE)
GIVE IT A TRY

Keep on Stompin

Phil Duckett

But Phil, I liked the old price structure where I paid £6 if I got there before 9pm. Don't listen to those people who complained they knew the rules...

p.s. I'll still be there, it's worth more than £7. You get a fab lesson from Viktor and once a month he give you a bottle of wine for dancing his routine - and you were going to do that anyway:innocent:

Minnie M
6th-July-2004, 08:47 AM
Good value for money - no parking probs, air conditioning, great floor, clean ladies' loo :really: and good company :whistle: and a dance with Viktor :worthy: what else do you need :cheers:

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 09:09 AM

Of course Phil means 200 plus happy feet. There's usually at least a hundred people there and everyone's got two feet - though sometimes both left feet :whistle:

plankton
6th-July-2004, 01:33 PM
Just a quick update.

EVERY FRIDAY

hmmmm I thought Friday was the 9th July am I missing something here ?:what:
might get the old feet down there anyway you never know.

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 02:07 PM
hmmmm I thought Friday was the 9th July am I missing something here ?:what:

So, Stompin' Phil, how many fingers am I holding up?:devil:

stompin' phil
6th-July-2004, 11:23 PM
So, Stompin' Phil, how many fingers am I holding up?:devil:
Today mostly i will be stupid (Fast Show)
I of cause meant Friday 9th July because that is the day after the 8th July. Where as the 10th is the day after that!!
But in 2005 the 9th July is a Saturday where i will be having the friday on the 8th!
And if it had been running in 2003 the 9th July would have been a wednesday and i would have had to sit on the door for 2 days before any one came.
Could i have transported my self back in time from 2005 date in a split second and got up an hour before i went to bed what would have been the time i arrived??
All roads lead to the King Alfred. All aboard
The run away train went down the hill and it blew :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Keep on Stompin'

Phil

Peter
12th-August-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm expecting to be in Brighton on Friday evening - has anyone been to Viktor's class recently? Any forumites planning to go this Friday?

Minnie M
12th-August-2004, 03:38 PM
I'll be there with my mate Kate :clap:

Katie
12th-August-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm expecting to be in Brighton on Friday evening - has anyone been to Viktor's class recently? Any forumites planning to go this Friday?

I'll be demonstrating with Viktor, :drool:

Save me a dance!

Minnie M
12th-August-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi Kate, looking forward to seeing you :hug: (don't forget my dance please Peter)

I would think the McGregors are going

under par
12th-August-2004, 08:18 PM

Mrs Par will be there but I am working....AGAIN! :devil:

Tiggerbabe
12th-August-2004, 10:20 PM
Any forumites planning to go this Friday?
Sorry Peter - Musselburgh calls :wink: :clap: :kiss:

Minnie M
14th-August-2004, 01:02 AM
Just got in - great night had some fabby dances with Mikey, Andy Mc, Mr. Daisy (Ray) and a really really fabby dance with Peter :drool:

Good night, well worth people travelling from London for and great for me as I leave less than a mile away :clap:

Peter
15th-August-2004, 07:17 PM
I had a fantastic evening, with loads of lovely dances with Kate, Daisy, Minnie Mouse, Dangerous Curves and lots of other fantastic dancers ...

I will definitely be visiting again very soon ... mmmmm!!!!

stompin' phil
11th-September-2004, 03:25 PM
On Friday 24th September we have great pleasure and are also honoured that Mark & Simone Harding have included Stompin' Fridays in Brighton with Viktor in there repertoire of venues that they are visiting whilst they are over here touring the Uk for 2 weeks.

Mark & Simone will be doing a great cabaret during the evening and this will be a first for the south coast. So get in early. Both lessons will be still taught by Viktor.

Open 7'45 till midnight
Admission £7
Please find below a brief history of Mark & Simone Harding performances.

Mark
1st Advanced - 2003 Australian Open Modern Jive Championships

Simone
1st Advanced Freestyle - 2002 Le Bop Championships, Melbourne
1st Triples - 2002 Le Bop Championships, Melbourne
1st Team - 2002 Le Bop Championships, Melbourne
1st Advanced - 2003 Australian Open Modern Jive Championships

stompin' phil
11th-October-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Just to remind everyone Stompin' Fridays in Brighton with Viktor is on this friday (15th October)

It looks like Brighton will be buzzing this weekend with people from all over the country coming for the championships (I'll be there Sat night)

So who's coming this Friday night to Stompin' Fridays? Great atmosphere, 200 happy dancers feet and 2 great lessons by viktor with fab music by John Miller

Admission £7

King Alfred Leisure Centre
Kingsway (Seafront)

Opens 7.45pm freestyle
1st Class 8.15pm-8-50pm beginners/improvers
Freestyle
2nd Class 9.05pm-9.35pm intermediate/advance
Freestyle (2 1/2hrs)
Midnight close.

Great music and free tea/coffee & sweeties!

Free parking next door.

This is a non-smoking venue
Best wishes

Phil Duckett

Minnie M
11th-October-2004, 07:39 PM
For those of you not been to Brighton before - this venue is worth checking out - right on the seafront - great floor, free parking, air conditioning AND and a class from the amazing VIKTOR and only £7 !

(It is only about a half a mile from the Hove Centre)

stompin' phil
13th-January-2005, 10:38 PM
Happy New Year

After a 3 week break Stompin' in Brighton with Viktor every Friday is back on (Friday 14th)
Viktor will be starting a new intermediate/advance routine which you can gradually learn over the next 3 weeks.

See you there

Doors open 7.45

8.15pm 1st lesson beginners and improvers

8.50 Freestyle

9.00pm Intermediate Jive

9.40pm Freestyle

Midnight Finnish

John Miller DJ Jag Jive

Admission £7

At the front entrance we do a loyalty card. Pay for 4 weeks in advance get 1 week free. You can come when you like as long as the card is used within 6 months from purchase.

On average with 100+ people each week there is a great standard of dancers who travel from all over the south. A good night with loads of atmosphere Give it a try.

King Alfred Leisure centre
Sea Front

Kingsway

BN3 2WW

Licensed bar & Free car park next door

complimentary tea & coffee area upstairs from 11pm

Keep on Stompin'

Phil Duckett

Andy McGregor
14th-January-2005, 02:02 AM
complimentary tea & coffee area upstairs from 11pm

Can we have coffee with a bit more caffiene? The lot you're serving at the moment is decaf :sick:

Apart from the coffee debacle, Friday at Hove is the place to be. Come along, have a great lesson from Viktor and dance to fab tunes from John Miller (and occasionally me!!) - but bring your own coffee if you want something to give you a lift after a hard week at work.

.. or Phil could replace his rubbish coffee with something to keep us awake until the wee small hours :hint:

under par
12th-February-2005, 02:09 AM
Just got in from Viktor's dance tonight had a great night.

Chef was there and introduced himself as was Commischef, it was nice to meet forumites there.
Mr and Mrs Magregor, Daisy, Jockey,Minnie Mouse also there that I can remember from the forum too.

Had a good crowd in and the dancing was great.

It was my first night dancing for 3 or 4 weeks so really enjoyed getting out. :yeah:

Minnie M
12th-February-2005, 02:27 AM
Just got in from Viktor's dance tonight had a great night.

Chef was there and introduced himself as was Commischef, it was nice to meet forumites there.
Mr and Mrs Magregor, Daisy, Jockey,Minnie Mouse also there that I can remember from the forum too.

Had a good crowd in and the dancing was great.

It was my first night dancing for 3 or 4 weeks so really enjoyed getting out. :yeah:

Viktor (aka Dancing Teeth) -
I didn't get a dance UP :tears: and didn't meet Chef either :tears: (unless Chef be aka Lawrence :whistle: )

under par
12th-February-2005, 02:34 AM
-
I didn't get a dance UP :tears:

So sorry I didn't really get warmed til later in evening and you left early!!

and didn't meet Chef either :tears: (unless Chef be aka Lawrence :whistle: )

You are a very perceptive woman Lynda :D