PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable dance moments?

Boomer
2nd-April-2004, 09:38 PM
Sitting here ruminating on life and all that – had a flashback…6 years-old, on holiday in the club when a Teddy-boy and his misses come in. They sit there for half-an-hour, then take to the dance floor, take being the operative word. For 30 mins they dance, everybody leaves the floor to them, I’m mesmerised and, as I remember, so was everyone else. They were the talk of the camp-site for days, but no one every saw them again. I can still remember his massive hairstyle, whopping –great big suede shoes and me thinking ‘Cor! Bloody fantasic!”

What is the most memorable dance moment you have witnessed – preferable ‘in the flesh’, but I guess films etc. may come into it, so shall bow to the inevitable :grin:

Maybe best memory gets a dance with me at Sept BB :rofl:

fruitcake
2nd-April-2004, 09:50 PM
Well.....
To be honest the most memorable dance i have ever seen in my life, that left me gobsmacked, was the WRI(womens rural institute!!) version of south pacific, with the seventy yr old wifies in their hula skirts singing and a wiggling,,
that must be the closest to wetting myself i think i've ever come to.....
Of course doesnt compare with the above:innocent:

Lory
3rd-April-2004, 11:49 AM
Mine was last year, two girl friends and I took our kids to see 'Tap Dogs', the theatre wasn't very full, so we sat ourselves centre stalls and all the kids sat in the front row, it felt just like a private showing, they made the kids and us feel very much part of it (eye contact and all that) then came the part when they pour water on the stage, and tap in it, they made sure the kids got absolutely soaked through :D and they loved every minute of it! :rofl:

The energy, timing and skill of these dancers was breathtaking :worthy:and if the show ever comes here again, I'd highly recommend it!