PDA

View Full Version : What part of the World have you ceroced in ?

the what if kid
10th-September-2002, 07:43 PM
For me it has to be Barcelona ealier this year when i went on a dance holiday. I will never forget dancing at a beach cafe with about 50 other cerocers in the blazing sun....................and wait for it..................watched by a bevy of topless beauties !!!!!!

Now that is a true test as to how well you know the moves !!!

Anyone beat that ? :cheers:

val
11th-September-2002, 01:49 AM
Why is it that some of us, hopefully not all, have to bring down the tone of this site with mention of women's nude body parts?! What does this have to do with Ceroc? 'What if' you refrained from such mention and had something more interesting to say? Oh, forget to say, I danced on Bognor Beach to a bevy of, wait for it, men with their you know whats hanging out! Beat that!:yum:

Gus
11th-September-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by the what if kid
For me it has to be Barcelona ealier this year when i went on a dance holiday. I will never forget dancing at a beach cafe with about 50 other cerocers in the blazing sun....................and wait for it..................watched by a bevy of topless beauties !!!!!!

A bevy of topless beauties and you ceroc'd .... no wonder the birth rate is falling!

filthycute
11th-September-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gus

.....and you ceroc'd!!

could direct this remark to Val aswell!!! :yum:

or more likely....."and you were able to ceroc!?!?! :what:
:wink:

filthycute x x

John S
11th-September-2002, 06:57 PM
Not sure if Val was being serious aboout Bognor, or just making the point that men seem to think it's ok to joke about naked women but can get a bit upset if the roles are reversed and their assets are being compared.

Anyway, Bognor beach can be a pretty chilly place and there probably wouldn't have been much on view to distract her! (Could have been even more disappointing had it been Aberdeen beach, though, especially if the haar was rolling in!)

the what if kid
11th-September-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by val
Why is it that some of us, hopefully not all, have to bring down the tone of this site with mention of women's nude body parts?! What does this have to do with Ceroc? 'What if' you refrained from such mention and had something more interesting to say? Oh, forget to say, I danced on Bognor Beach to a bevy of, wait for it, men with their you know whats hanging out! Beat that!:yum:

Sorry Val there was no intention to offend or lower the tone!!

Heather
11th-September-2002, 07:46 PM
:wink: :wink: :D 'ABLE to Ceroc' ?!!!! -As opposed to WHAT?
Falling about laughing?!!!!:D :D
I very much doubt if the men in this scenario would notice any Ceroc going on anyway - they would all be too busy comparing sizes!!!!!:wink: :wink: :sick:
Yet another thread corrupted, and you can't blame me or Filthycute THIS time!!!!!!:innocent:
:cheers:
Heather

Debster
12th-September-2002, 01:02 AM
Not surprisingly, being an Aussie, I've danced modern jive in Sydney at Woolloomooloo (I'll teach you how to say that next time I see you), in Brisbane and in Canberra.

And now I've danced modern jive in the UK from Bristol to Glasgow, including Blackpool, York and loads of London venues.

Wow! That's pretty cool when you sit down to think about it.
I found it was one of the best ways to make friends and feel more comfortable in a city where you don't know anyone.
Thanks to all you friendly folks, I feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.... :p (OK - that is not an invitation to get carried away off topic again!)

Gary
21st-November-2002, 04:11 AM
I've danced in Sydney, Australia at Mosman, Willoughby, Wolloomoolloo, Manly, Warriewood, Denistone, Carlingford and Rose Bay. Which isn't very impressive because I live in Sydney. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a ceroc discussion site like this anywhere in Australia.

On the other hand, at least we've got a cricket team :na:

horsey_dude
21st-November-2002, 07:15 AM
London......

But I will be rectifying that! I am going to tour New Zealand and Australia next year before going to the U.K, I have a year to get around as many CEROC studios and cities as possible..

TheTramp
21st-November-2002, 07:59 AM
I've danced modern jive all over the UK - from Brighton and Eastbourne to Bournemouth to Plymouth to Bristol to Cheltenham to Nantwich to Manchester to Blackpool to Edinburgh to Newcastle to Sheffield to Nottingham to Bedford to Letchworth and back to sunny old London.

Can't wait to add Glasgow to the list in just 2 days time now.

And would really love to do the Aussie and NZ thing.

On the other hand, at least we've got a cricket team
Maybe. :na: Shame you haven't got a rugby team anymore though!! :wink:

Steve

Jayne
21st-November-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by gcapell

we're just lulling you into a false sense of security....

:wink:

*sigh*....

TheTramp
21st-November-2002, 09:28 AM
we're just lulling you into a false sense of security....
Actually Jayne, I'd say that it'd be more true to say that we're lulling them into a real sense of security!!

Steve

Stuart M
21st-November-2002, 09:37 AM
D'you think we care about that up here... :)

Not true actually, watching England's efforts at their national sport is one of the few entertainments left for the average Scots sportsfan :rolleyes: ...

But to get back to the topic, the only remotely unusual places I've Ceroc'd are on a ferry and in the streets (not busking). And I salsa'd a little bit in Antwerp once.

Gus
21st-November-2002, 09:47 AM

Somedays maybe ... shame about your Rugby, Football, Lacrosse, Hockey and tindlywinks teams ......:na: :na: :na: :na:

Must admit, you've got some pretty good cerocers though :waycool:

Jayne
21st-November-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M
But to get back to the topic, the only remotely unusual places I've Ceroc'd are on a ferry and in the streets (not busking). And I salsa'd a little bit in Antwerp once.

oh yeah...

*small* amount of alcohol had been consumed beforehand....:rolleyes:

j
:nice: :wink:

Stuart M
21st-November-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Jayne

*small* amount of alcohol had been consumed beforehand....:rolleyes:

I think it was that seaweed beer...:sick:

Actually, it was also the only time I ever managed double trouble with any sort of competency - alcohol's ability to stop a person thinking too hard must help with that.

Jayne
21st-November-2002, 12:46 PM

I think it was that seaweed beer...:sick:

Actually, it was also the only time I ever managed double trouble with any sort of competency - alcohol's ability to stop a person thinking too hard must help with that.

was it not also on cobbles - or was that the alcohol as well??? :what:

Stuart M
21st-November-2002, 12:53 PM

was it not also on cobbles - or was that the alcohol as well??? :what:
No - it was a perfectly tarmaced street, Jayne. Do you really want to continue this little trip down memory lane :wink:

I've only danced on cobbles once and everyone in the North-east knows where they are...:wink:

Dave Hancock
21st-November-2002, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately we are all to well aware of where the cobbles are up here, although I've been fortunate enough to visit all the other Scottish venues, Woolomoolloo (no -idea how to spell it) in Sydney as well Auckland and have yet to come across any other cobbled dance floors - wonder why.

Re. the slaggin of the English cricket, would have to say not very fair after today and would add that while being a committed Scot the English cricket team is the sporting team I support most and an interesting fact before the rest of you Scots call it an English game is that there are more registered cricketers in Scotland than rugby players, but I feel I'm leaving the dancing theme.

Jayne
21st-November-2002, 01:30 PM

No - it was a perfectly tarmaced street, Jayne. Do you really want to continue this little trip down memory lane :wink:

I've only danced on cobbles once and everyone in the North-east knows where they are...:wink:

oopps... :sorry

Will
21st-November-2002, 02:44 PM
I've been to ceroc in London and Brisbane.

Dreadful Scathe
21st-November-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock

Re. the slaggin of the English cricket, would have to say not very fair after today and would add that while being a committed Scot

Which asylum are you in ? :)

Dave Hancock
21st-November-2002, 03:19 PM
DS - very sharp, am a bit of a novice at this forum game, but see I shall have to more careful in what I write in future

Bill
22nd-November-2002, 12:46 PM
Managed to dance at some of the Aukland clubs a few years ago and in the Ceroc class ( and swing club) in New York. Also managed some dancing in Amsterdam at easter time this year.

Been lucky enough to travel round quite a few Ceroc and Blitz classes round the country.

Cobbles !!!:D :sick: ...............oh yeh....know where they are :D

John S
22nd-November-2002, 04:30 PM
Like Bill, I've been lucky enough to dance at quite a few UK venues (from Aberdeen in the north to Bournemouth in the south) and enjoyed each in its own way.

I've also enjoyed doing modern jive at an Egyptian wedding reception in Luxor, to an Irish showband in Dublin, to local musicians in The Gambia and in 90 degrees on the deck of a Caribbean cruise ship. But even after all that, I still find THAT Bjork song a nightmare!!!

DavidB
22nd-November-2002, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a ceroc discussion site like this anywhere in Australia.Try LeBop Message Board (http://www.thespace.com.au/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi) - its run by LeBop in Melbourne.

TheTramp
23rd-November-2002, 01:24 PM
Re. the slaggin of the English cricket, would have to say not very fair after today and would add that while being a committed Scot
I know that this isn't really very dance related. But I see that the English cricket team is back on form then!!
Steve

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
24th-November-2002, 04:23 PM
GLASGOW, A'DEEN, DUNDEE, EDINBURGH, LEEDS, LONDON, BOURNEMOUTH, AND WEST MIDLANDS.

NOT YET VENTURED TO DISTANT LANDS.... TOO MUCH TROUBLE CLOSING UP THE LAIR BEFORE GALAVANTING 'ROUND THE GLOBE.

BAZ X (GOING FOR NO. 1 IN THE TOP 1- SADDOES CHART)

Ronde!
29th-December-2002, 07:26 AM
To horsey_dude and others,

If you're coming to Australia, shoot me an email, and I'll put you in touch with the Ceroc people in whatever city you're visiting. :-) I'd like to vouch for the general coolness of the Canberra Cerocers, a nicer bunch of people you will not find anywhere in the world, ('cept maybe in Britain ;)) so if you're passing, come visit! My email address is in my profile.

Hey, horsey_dude, if you're anything like your name, I even do horseriding, so you can come join me on the trail or in the arena too!

horsey_dude
30th-December-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Ronde!
To horsey_dude and others,

If you're coming to Australia, shoot me an email, and I'll put you in touch with the Ceroc people in whatever city you're visiting. :-) I'd like to vouch for the general coolness of the Canberra Cerocers, a nicer bunch of people you will not find anywhere in the world, ('cept maybe in Britain ;)) so if you're passing, come visit! My email address is in my profile.

Hey, horsey_dude, if you're anything like your name, I even do horseriding, so you can come join me on the trail or in the arena too!

That is very kind of you to offer! I do ride and I will even be bringing some johdpurs and boots on the off chance that I get to do some riding. I will be flying into Melbourne and out of Sydney (those are the only places I know people) but I am only there for two weeks (end of march) so I don't know how many places I will be able to get to. I have no idea where Canberra is so I don't know if is close or not......

Ronde!
30th-December-2002, 01:15 PM
Why... Canberra is the capital of Australia, situated about 350km SSW of Sydney and 500km NNE of Melbourne, and inland less than 150km from the East Coast of Australia. Less than a century old, Canberra was designed by Sir Walter Burley Griffin in the 1920s, and it's arguably the prettiest city in Australia (though it doesn't have the "buzz" of Melbourne or Sydney).

In Canberra and Sydney, Ceroc is called Ceroc; but in Melbourne, it's called "Le Bop" - "Ceroc" might be a trade mark? :) Ceroc is also popular in Brisbane, and over the Tasman Sea in New Zealand (their Ceroc is almost as good as their rugby... shudder... they always do sooo well at the comps here!)

Anyways, if you'd like times, dates, venues and phone numbers, email me before you come over. :) What I don't already know, I can find out easily enough...

Live passionately,

horsey_dude
1st-January-2003, 09:14 AM
Hopefully I will able to stop in along the way and check the city and the ceroc scene.....

Gary
13th-February-2003, 11:59 PM
originally posted by Gary
...at least Australia has a cricket team

Originally posted by Gus
Somedays maybe ... shame about your Rugby, Football, Lacrosse, Hockey and tindlywinks teams ......:na: :na: :na: :na:

Would you like to rephrase the bit about our football team?

Gus
14th-February-2003, 11:21 AM
Would you like to rephrase the bit about our football team?

Of Course! Shame about our Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Badminton, and Football :sad:

Jayne
26th-February-2003, 04:16 PM
At last I've got a place to put on this thread!!

I've just got back from a conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico (been up for 27 hours - just got another four or so until I'll quit and go back to bed....). There was an Australian guy there who knew some ceroc so at the end-of-conference-disco (yeah, you can imagine what it was like...) we got up and did some ceroc! Given that Santa Fe is at 7000 feet (ie about 1 1/3 miles) does that mean I'm now in the "Ceroc Mile High Club"?? :what: :wink:

We also went out to a salsa club on saturday (hey, I *was* taking the conference seriously!! :wink: ). Boy, it was hard work dancing at altitude in 20% less oxygen! At least the salsa-ing meant that I didn't feel so bad about missing the Edinburgh party though :tears: :tears:

Had a *fantastic* time and just had to share it with you!

J :nice:

Will
26th-February-2003, 04:51 PM
Boy, it was hard work dancing at altitude in 20% less oxygen!

That's what I reckon. I tried Cerocing in Tignes in the French Alpes which is at 2100 metres (not sure what that is in feet) and I was gasping for breath after 30 seconds

TheTramp
26th-February-2003, 05:19 PM
Oooh. I've danced in Tignes too. Can I be a member of the modern jive mile high club also please? :D

Steve

Jayne
27th-February-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Will
That's what I reckon. I tried Cerocing in Tignes in the French Alpes which is at 2100 metres (not sure what that is in feet) and I was gasping for breath after 30 seconds

Well at three feet per metre (roughly) 2100 meters is roughly 6300' which I'm guessing would also be in the Ceroc Mile High Club. So so far it's me, Will and Tramp in the CMHC. Shame we weren't all in it at the smae time!!! :wink:

Jayne
:nice:

TheTramp
27th-February-2003, 01:19 PM
So so far it's me, Will and Tramp in the CMHC. Shame we weren't all in it at the smae time!!! Hmmm....

Who'd have been leading??

Steve

Will
27th-February-2003, 02:05 PM
TheTramp said:
and who would be leading?

Will looks at Steve - Steve looks at Will........

(spoken in unison) - JAYNE!

Jayne
27th-February-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Will
Will looks at Steve - Steve looks at Will........

(spoken in unison) - JAYNE!

hummm... There are two interpretations on this...

1) I usually lead when dancing

or

2) My smile and sparkling wit render you both useless in my presence.

Bearing that I'm 6'10" with two heads, sharp pixie teeth and I'll be seeing you both at the weekend be careful how you reply!!!

J :wink:

TheTramp
27th-February-2003, 04:08 PM
Ummm....

I pick number 2.

So, that leaves you with option number 1 Will.

I'd start running now mate! She's a vicious little thing when she's angry! :D :devil:

Steve

under par
20th-December-2005, 09:42 AM
resurecting another old thread Mrs Par and I have have danced (ceroced) in Malaga in Spain as well as several places in the Cape region of South Africa. (Not counting the Caribean where we went on a cruise with 250 other jivers!!!)

Anyone else got some more exotic locations?

Gojive
20th-December-2005, 10:00 AM
resurecting another old thread Mrs Par and I have have danced (ceroced) in Malaga in Spain as well as several places in the Cape region of South Africa. (Not counting the Caribean where we went on a cruise with 250 other jivers!!!)

Anyone else got some more exotic locations?

Well, apart from a Caribbean cruise just under 2 years ago, I've danced in an open sided hilltop lodge, to a local bongo bongo type band, in Mauritius :D :waycool:

TiggsTours
20th-December-2005, 10:05 AM
On a boat sailing round the Galapagos Islands, in the middle of the Atacama Desert in Chile and in a petrol station just off the M23.

Gojive
20th-December-2005, 10:08 AM
On a boat sailing round the Galapagos Islands, in the middle of the Atacama Desert in Chile and in a petrol station just off the M23.

Fantastic!! I bet the Galapagos Isles and Chile were great to dance in too! :D

TiggsTours
20th-December-2005, 10:10 AM
Fantastic!! I bet the Galapagos Isles and Chile were great to dance in too! :D
Well, they were great, but they weren't that great for dancing in, I had a better dance in the petrol station!