PDA

View Full Version : Friday 2nd April London

JamesGeary
31st-March-2004, 05:05 PM
OK is everyone going to Ealing this Friday like we usually do where they also have a Rumba class at 8pm, or to the Casbah, where NickyH and Robert are doing a show.

Jayne
31st-March-2004, 05:11 PM
I'll be in Southampton!

But I'll not be dancing.... :tears:

That was really useful, huh?

j :rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I'll be in Southampton!

But I'll not be dancing.... :tears:

That was really useful, huh?

At least you're down there. Im up here and will be out at a party so thats MUCH less useful.

Andy McGregor
31st-March-2004, 05:56 PM
I'll be at Rock Bottoms in Brighton:clap::clap::clap:

Besides, I'm among the many Hipsters regulars staying away from the Fridays until there is some evidence that numbers have come down to a safer level:tears:

Lounge Lizard
31st-March-2004, 08:36 PM
Well I will be there ;) and as RB is on this week I dont think the numbers will be a problem
Fortunatly nicky & robert will at LOTS of venues around London so the Rumba gets my vote
p

Missy D
31st-March-2004, 10:20 PM
I will be going to Ealing (will bring along my foot too!). Save me a dance...:)

ChrisA
31st-March-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Well I will be there ;) and as RB is on this week I dont think the numbers will be a problem
Fortunatly nicky & robert will at LOTS of venues around London so the Rumba gets my vote
p
Good point Peter. Maybe I'll make an appearance after all...

Rumba. Hmm... Gold medal. 1979. Nah. I'm sure it's a false memory. I sure hope so... :tears:

Chris

TheTramp
31st-March-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I'll be at Rock Bottoms in Brighton:clap::clap::clap: Me too!! :D

Trampy

Sheepman
1st-April-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Missy D
(will bring along my foot too!). Is that the one on the ground? :wink:

As usual, I can't make it, this time it's RBs.

Greg

Lounge Lizard
1st-April-2004, 02:48 PM
Oh well Chris looks like you and Missy D could have the floor to yourself
p

Missy D
1st-April-2004, 10:40 PM
No just a spare foot of mine..
See you tomorrow Chris! Sis cant make it due to a fur ball:rofl:

Doc Iain
2nd-April-2004, 12:06 AM
Might well be there....as yet undescided....Like Andy said its too crowded normally. But maybe with RBs on there will be less people about to go?...hmmm...maybe not also...:cheers:

Mary
2nd-April-2004, 12:12 AM
We'll be at RB's as well, so that's 2 less for the FFF (or PFF). Fancy the idea of the Rumba class tho':tears:

M

Lounge Lizard
2nd-April-2004, 07:57 AM
This is my first time DJ'ing at big fat friday and you are all going to RB's ....is there a link between the two:tears: :tears: :tears:

dee
3rd-April-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Missy D
No just a spare foot of mine..
See you tomorrow Chris! Sis cant make it due to a fur ball:rofl:

You can go off people you know :tears:

Pammy
5th-April-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, Helen and I had a really good time on Friday at Hipsters. Most of the crowd was at Rock Bottoms, but Rock Bottoms himself, aka our husband Chris A was there and we had a couple of really good dances :cheers:

Dr Iain, Helen and I had a really good laugh doing the Chip Squad run afterwards - shame on you Chris for feeling queasy at the though :wink: We wore our policemens hats and look suitably silly for the jaunt along to Burger King.

One of my favourite dancers, Steven from Brighton, who I haven't seen for agggeees was there, so that was a bonus :grin:

Stevie-2-Shoes was there, but that was about it for the regular crowd, but still a good night and the music was good - thanks L.L. :hug:

Pamkinite
x

ChrisA
5th-April-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
aka our husband Chris A
Guess what, wifeys...

... someone offered to be wife #5 on Saturday. Modesty prevents my saying who, but she knows who she is...

:drool: :flower:

I'm going to be exhausted at this rate, and probably head for an early grave.

I'll die happy, though...

Chris :waycool:

PS Burger King??? You didn't tell me you were going to a class joint like that... I might have come with you :tears:

Lounge Lizard
5th-April-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Well, Helen and I had a really good time on Friday at Hipsters. Most of the crowd was at Rock Bottoms, .....snip....., but still a good night and the music was good - thanks L.L. :hug:

Pamkinite
x
hi thanks, but dont forget Roger who played the opening and closing sets, his first set was filled with non stop pop standards Toxic, L.A.X etc which really had the dance floor buzzing.
peter

ChrisA
5th-April-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
hi thanks, but dont forget Roger who played the opening and closing sets, his first set was filled with non stop pop standards Toxic, L.A.X etc which really had the dance floor buzzing.
peter
Sure, but the dance floor will always be full if there's non-stop easy music to dance to.

I don't think a full dance floor is the only measure of a good set (and I know you don't either :wink: )

Actually, though I enjoyed Roger's sets on Friday, I didn't enjoy them as much as I do his Wednesday sets, which have contained lots of interesting stuff as well as the pop standards.

Chris

Lounge Lizard
5th-April-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Sure, but the dance floor will always be full if there's non-stop easy music to dance to.

I don't think a full dance floor is the only measure of a good set (and I know you don't either :wink: )

Actually, though I enjoyed Roger's sets on Friday, I didn't enjoy them as much as I do his Wednesday sets, which have contained lots of interesting stuff as well as the pop standards.

Chris
prefered his Friday set - Roger knows I am not a lover of some of his music - nothing to do with his expertise as a DJ, just I prefer JB's swing based set or real modern which Dan, Emma, Toby, Si play.
The latin feel that Roger has made his own style suits most but not me [This coming from the guy that opend his camber set with a dance mix of 'Smoke on the water'!!]

Friday was the best set I have heard Roger play, it kept me on the dance floor and was a great way to start the dance night.
I agree that could not be a regular format tho.

Friday was a change from the normal format which has got me thinking....
Given a new (midweek) night at Hipsters what would you do (that does not repeat the current success)
If you were the organisers what would your night consist off
Or
As dancers what would you like more dance time, more lessons, perhaps 3 DJ's a night or different teachers/DJ's each week
assume it is all in one hall.

Obviously suggestions could apply to any venue but as Hipsters is the big name it seems appropriate

peter

Simon
5th-April-2004, 12:50 PM
I really enjoyed Roger's first set (which included Outkast's "The Way You Move". Superb! :grin: ) but his second and final set of the night left me jaded because a lot of the tracks were too fast!!! :tears: I had danced almost solidly for 3 hours so by 12.30 when something like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" came on I was left me dead on my feet. :sick: (No doubt, though, the Rock Bottoms contingent will soon be on the forum talking about their far later finishes! :wink: )

Otherwise, really enjoyed the extra space on the dancefloor and had a great night. :nice: