PDA

View Full Version : Women cant drive...

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 09:16 AM
..as badly as men.

According to the metro today Women only insurance will soon by banned by an EU directive. Stops this ridicuolous sexist practice you see. Which I'm all for of course, because if they stop THAT practice and stop the insurance companies from basing their prices on various risk assesment criteria we'll soon have a standard insurance price for all. After all, you cant possibly get cheaper insurance as you get older can you, can't be ageist about this, just because someone is 17 and statistically much more likely to cause a serious accident the insurance companies won't be able to change price based on your age, sex, race, height, choice of footwear. Hmm I see a flaw in the EUs logic if they are going to just ban price based on sex but not age! :) or am i wrong - discuss :)

azande
31st-March-2004, 09:22 AM
I would rather see a system like the one in Italy where "the car" is insured and anybody can drive it and is covered. No discrimination for sex age or anything else.

Chicklet
31st-March-2004, 09:23 AM
The flip side is of course that if we had one price for car insurance for all we could save the HOURS spent on the phone at renewal time and everyone's 5 year income and expenditure spreadsheets would be so much more accurate!!!!

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
and everyone's 5 year income and expenditure spreadsheets would be so much more accurate!!!!

Spoken like a true accountant, its about time Graham did one of his charts - this is a perfect subject :)

Chicklet
31st-March-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by azande
I would rather see a system like the one in Italy where "the car" is insured and anybody can drive it and is covered. No discrimination for sex age or anything else.

Oh my god this explains soooooo much!!!!!!
(flashbacks of Italian roads - *goes for a wee lie down*)

Are 10 mile lines of cyclists who come into contact with insured Italian cars also covered???:eek:

Lounge Lizard
31st-March-2004, 09:48 AM
The flip side is of course that if we had one price for car insurance for all we could save the HOURS spent on the phone at renewal time and everyone's 5 year income and expenditure spreadsheets would be so much more accurate!!!! er.... is that not a contradiction in tersm accuracy and expenditure spreadsheets are you suggesting imagination should be replaced with accuracy:wink:
Whilst on driving why is it that no one uses the inside lanes on a motorway - driving home about midnight this on 4 lane M25 and there is a line of cars in the third lane and three clear lanes!

We all do it even when it is busy we seem to migrate to outside lane and queue while the smug bu**er in the nearside lane zooms past

Why am I typing this drivel the sun is shining outside.......bye

azande
31st-March-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh my god this explains soooooo much!!!!!!
(flashbacks of Italian roads - *goes for a wee lie down*)

Are 10 mile lines of cyclists who come into contact with insured Italian cars also covered???:eek: Italian drivers, contrary to popular belief, are good drivers and roads are quite safe, thank you! At least they are aware of what goes around them, not like British drivers (and this, I know, is just a generalization but since I drive 400 miles a week I can claim a bit of experience)! :wink:

Boomer
31st-March-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
...Why am I typing this drivel the sun is shining outside.......bye

A remark of true genius.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
A remark of true genius.

hmm it surely cant be, or you wouldnt have recognised it as such :D

Boomer
31st-March-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hmm it surely cant be, or you wouldnt have recognised at as such :D

I shall not dignify this with an answer....except this one...which doesn't count...does it? Oh women drivers, I find that a 5 iron does a better job.

DavidB
31st-March-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh women drivers, I find that a 5 iron does a better job. But they don't make the same satisying sound on impact...

Boomer
31st-March-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
But they don't make the same satisying sound on impact...

He was a lovely man,as graceful in demeanor as he was on the dancefloor. R.I.P. you will be missed.:tears:

Lindsay
31st-March-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh women drivers, I find that a 5 iron does a better job.
DOOF

Andy McGregor
31st-March-2004, 04:33 PM
I personally I've found that as a woman, I drive intermediate, and as a man, I drive advanced :wink:

or is that the other way round? :what:

Boomer
7th-April-2004, 09:37 AM
You'll need RealPlayer(tm) to view this, hope it works :-D (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40010000/rm/_40010497_driver13_marston_vi.ram)

Minnie M
7th-April-2004, 10:11 AM
You'll need RealPlayer(tm) to view this, hope it works :-D (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40010000/rm/_40010497_driver13_marston_vi.ram)

What a palava :angry:

I would rather go for a drive in my "grannie racer" :D

xSalsa_Angelx
7th-April-2004, 12:03 PM
Hmmmmm ... my insurance will be up this year, when I get my licence back next month (was naughty last year) :blush:

Boomer
7th-April-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Hmmmmm ... my insurance will be up this year, when I get my licence back next month (was naughty last year) :blush:

Not driving the worng way down the motorway surely!?!?! :what:

Oh, and the next person to reach 2000 posts owns me a million quid.

xSalsa_Angelx
7th-April-2004, 12:07 PM
No drunk driving .... LOL

although I was not actually driving, just sitting in the car P*ssed with the engine on :tears: :blush:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-April-2004, 12:11 PM

Oh, and the next person to reach 2000 posts owns me a million quid.

done A million quid "bank of S.M.U.R.F" note will be whinging* its way to you as soon as I've printed it :)

* yes thats spelt correctly :)

Minnie M
7th-April-2004, 12:17 PM
At least I have FOUR feet - does that make me a better female driver ???

Minnie Mouse :wink:

Pammy
7th-April-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
* yes thats spelt correctly :)

Careful, he may threaten to see you again on a Monday if you're not careful :wink: :rofl:

thewacko
8th-April-2004, 06:12 PM
:tears: after saying goodnight to 4 lovely ladies as they got in the car parked in front of mine, i then got in my car and as i was putting my key in the ignition, noticed the nice young lady in front had her reversing lights on, and . . .

so as i explained to the nice young lady the shiney thing under her courtesy light is infact to see what is behind you, and contrary to popular belief is not an aid for adjusting one's make up:tears:

lady drivers :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: