PDA

View Full Version : Forum Gathering

Pink Lady
31st-March-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi all Forumites

Until now I have been one of those people who regularly read posts on the Forum but have never posted a message or replied to a current thread. So I was wondering ............ this proposed Forum Gathering that has been talked about, is it open to only people who "talk" on the Forum or are all "silent" participants invited as well?? Any thoughts?

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pink Lady
Hi all Forumites

Until now I have been one of those people who regularly read posts on the Forum but have never posted a message or replied to a current thread. So I was wondering ............ this proposed Forum Gathering that has been talked about, is it open to only people who "talk" on the Forum or are all "silent" participants invited as well?? Any thoughts?

Please lets NOT get into an argument about who qualifys to go to the Forum Gathering :rofl:

azande
31st-March-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Please lets NOT get into an argument about who qualifys to go to the Forum Gathering :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:yeah:

Franck
31st-March-2004, 11:30 AM
Until now I have been one of those people who regularly read posts on the Forum but have never posted a message or replied to a current thread. So I was wondering ............ this proposed Forum Gathering that has been talked about, is it open to only people who "talk" on the Forum or are all "silent" participants invited as well?? Any thoughts? Well, it's ok now :D you've posted :clap:

The Forum Gathering will be an excuse to get as many Forum people as possible under the same (dome) roof, and have a great party. Nobody will check if you're a Forum member when buying tickets (though I might organize a small discount for registered members / regardless of number of posts, to encourage more people to join :D )

Everybody welcome, and lots of partying, dancing, drinking (later) and fun all round... September will (Ce)rock!

Franck.

P.S. Sorry I couldn't catch you for our dance last night, I did look for you :blush:
I'll make sure I don't miss you next time! :flower:

Bill
31st-March-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi all Forumites

A pink lady from Aberdeen............. Franck seems to know who you are..........I'm intrigued :D ............ Now you're on you won't be a slient member for long......................... :D

Boomer
31st-March-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Bill
A pink lady from Aberdeen............. Franck seems to know who you are..........I'm intrigued :D ...

Can we get 'Leslie Phillips' style smiley for Bill :rofl:

'Well helllooooooo'
:grin:

TheTramp
31st-March-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Franck
though I might organize a small discount for registered members / regardless of number of posts, to encourage more people to join :D )Hmmm. Are you sure that the discount can't be proportional to the number of posts you've made??? :whistle:

Trampy

Franck
31st-March-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Hmmm. Are you sure that the discount can't be proportional to the number of posts you've made??? :whistle: Ouch! :eek:

How much do I owe you then? :innocent:

TheTramp
31st-March-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Ouch! :eek:

How much do I owe you then? :innocent: Ummm. A double espresso after Perth on Thursday! :D

Trampy

Heather
31st-March-2004, 12:42 PM
Hmmm. Are you sure that the discount can't be proportional to the number of posts you've made??? :whistle:

Trampy

Good idea, the bigger the gob you have the MORE you have to pay !!! Howzat Trampy !!!!:rofl:

:hug:
Heather,
x

TheTramp
31st-March-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Good idea, the bigger the gob you have the MORE you have to pay !!! Howzat Trampy !!!!:rofl: And just who asked you anyhow?? :flower:

I prefer the original suggestion. Franck, can you please remove Heather's post!! :D

Trampy

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Boomer

'Well helllooooooo'

Well I found this funny even if no one else did :)

Originally posted by Le Tramp

Hmmm. Are you sure that the discount can't be proportional to the number of posts you've made???

How about proporational to the number of QUALITY posts you've made. Theres an argument in the making right there.....

Crowning a King and Queen of the forum would be a laugh - as voted by forum members prior to the event (men are banned from being the Queen though...) :). In fact to make this more interactive, members could vote to create a short list of people and the people can then do quizzes and interviews; members then vote again based on the answers.

And we'll have no "he shouldn't vote in this catagory because he's a senior member" nonsense, all members vote :)

Female votes count for 2 and people under 5 foot 1 get 3 extra votes. For no reason other than its controversial :D.

Pink Lady
31st-March-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks for clearning that up Franck. I'll look forward to the Gathering now! You'll have to dance with me next time or I might start taking it personally .....

Bill - of course you know me. I've just been a silent forum visitor until now. Clue: you gave some very good tender ministrations to that nasty bruise I got on my leg in Las Palmas.

Bill
31st-March-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Boomer

'Well helllooooooo'

I need a new hairstyle then........................ doubt very much if me saying that would have the same effect it did when he said it !! :D :sick:

Bill
31st-March-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Good idea, the bigger the gob you have the MORE you have to pay !!! Howzat Trampy !!!!:rofl:

:hug:
Heather,
x

so how much would you be charged....................:whistle: :D

Bill
31st-March-2004, 03:00 PM

Bill - of course you know me. I've just been a silent forum visitor until now. Clue: you gave some very good tender ministrations to that nasty bruise I got on my leg in Las Palmas.

but I didn't give you the bruise............... :sick: :D .......just in case anyone was wondering :wink:

TheTramp
31st-March-2004, 03:01 PM
so how much would you be charged....................:whistle: :D I thought that we'd agreed (well, I told you anyhow) that we'd ignore Heathers post!! :whistle:

Trampy

Bill
31st-March-2004, 04:45 PM
Well I found this funny even if no one else did :)

How about proporational to the number of QUALITY posts you've made. Theres an argument in the making right there.....

And we'll have no "he shouldn't vote in this catagory because he's a senior member" nonsense, all members vote :)

Female votes count for 2 and people under 5 foot 1 get 3 extra votes. For no reason other than its controversial :D.

So no arguments then..................damn :D .......and you mean some of us are going to have to try and send in quality posts :sick: .........that's 99% of us out for a start then :whistle: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 05:13 PM
and you mean some of us are going to have to try and send in quality posts :sick:

we could always make it a minimum number of quality posts, so that the person with a lot of posts has a better chance of having at least a few considered "quality" ......ahem ;)

I think only people who have posted at least one message should be allowed in :)

cheesey joke posted by Franck
September will (Ce)rock

oh dear......

Bill
31st-March-2004, 10:19 PM
we could always make it a minimum number of quality posts,

what about 1 then :wink: :rolleyes: ..I'm sure one of my earleir efforts must have been reasonably sensible if not exactly 'quality' :sick: :na:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2004, 11:10 PM
what about 1 then :wink: :rolleyes: ..I'm sure one of my earleir efforts must have been reasonably sensible if not exactly 'quality' :sick: :na:

it'll be up to the quality controller to decide what "quality" is....step forward Heather, a position made to measure :)

Bill
1st-April-2004, 11:45 AM
it'll be up to the quality controller to decide what "quality" is....step forward Heather, a position made to measure :)

wonder if I could get this into a class at some point........... quality....what is it - discuss .........:D

we did discuss 'quality' tv recently as everyone has an idea of what it might/should be but no clear definition - though had fun coming up with example sof what we though were quality programmes :na:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-April-2004, 11:48 AM
wonder if I could get this into a class at some point........... quality....what is it - discuss .........:D

The danger is the class says, "dunno, never seen quaility in THIS class" - you're asking for trouble :)

Bill
1st-April-2004, 11:55 AM
The danger is the class says, "dunno, never seen quaility in THIS class" - you're asking for trouble :)

but they'd be telling the truth :rolleyes: ......... I believe that I keep my standards really low then evey other lecturer will seem superb. So I'm dire for a good reason................ :whistle:

TheTramp
1st-April-2004, 12:05 PM
but they'd be telling the truth :rolleyes: ......... I believe that I keep my standards really low then evey other lecturer will seem superb. So I'm dire for a good reason................ :whistle: What a selfless man you are Bill.

And I keep telling you that you shouldn't do the same thing at dancing too. But you seem to never listen to me!! :whistle:

Trampy

Bill
1st-April-2004, 12:20 PM
What a selfless man you are Bill.

And I keep telling you that you shouldn't do the same thing at dancing too. But you seem to never listen to me!! :whistle:

Trampy

thanks Trampy......mate................... but that's the real reason I still go in to the Advanced.............. so every other couple has a chance of going through the first round......... :na: :whistle: