PDA

View Full Version : Rock Bottoms 2nd April

Sheepman
29th-March-2004, 05:11 PM
Yippee, just 4 days to go, (sorry to rub it in for those that didn't get a place). So who's going, and does anyone want to share a taxi from Brighton Station about 4 or 5 pm on Friday?
(There is also the bus, nos. 27 and 27a every 15 minutes, for anyone planning to go this way.)

Greg

Divissima
29th-March-2004, 05:15 PM
TwK and I will be there. I suspect we'll be arriving later than you, though. Looking forward to it - except the fancy dress (not my strong point).

Tiggerbabe
29th-March-2004, 05:50 PM
Me too :grin: along with Amanda, Monika and the Tramp.

We get into London about 4pm - so we'll see you "whenever" after that :kiss: :hug:

Outfit for the fancy dress all sorted :wink:

Mary
29th-March-2004, 06:15 PM
We'll be going, but not till Tony gets home from work. Fancy dress a bit of a problem.:rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing lots of great people there. Sheena, does this mean the party is in your room - I have a bottle all ready and waiting.:cheers:

M

Tiggerbabe
29th-March-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Sheena, does this mean the party is in your room - I have a bottle all ready and waiting.:cheers:

M
Absolutely Mary! I'm sure I might manage to bring down a bottle (or two) myself.:cheers:

RoyBoy
29th-March-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Sheena, does this mean the party is in your room - I have a bottle all ready and waiting.:cheers:

Entry fee 'One bottle of Cava'. I can do Cava, save me a place.
Oh, and a dance or three...........:drool:

TheTramp
29th-March-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Absolutely Mary! I'm sure I might manage to bring down a bottle (or two) myself.:cheers: Me too. But it'll be of orange juice!!

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
29th-March-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by RoyBoy
Entry fee 'One bottle of Cava'. I can do Cava, save me a place.
Oh, and a dance or three...........:drool:
Well, make sure it's "girly pink" Roy :wink:
Glad to see you got booked too - but only one dance a night?

RoyBoy
30th-March-2004, 07:48 AM
Glad to see you got booked too - but only one dance a night?
Only ONE dance a night:tears: What does a guy have to do to up the anti:flower:Suppose one is gotta be better than none:worthy:I'll take what I can get:hug:

Tiggerbabe
30th-March-2004, 08:18 AM
Only one? was a question Mr Hobo person, - you said I'd get a dance or three, over the weekend with 3 parties that averages out at 1,*sob* - I was hoping for at least half a dozen each night :wink: :flower:
See you there Roy, can't wait - oh, and any chance of a foot massage too? :kiss: :hug:

RoyBoy
30th-March-2004, 09:34 AM
oh, and any chance of a foot massage too? :kiss: :hug:
Nae problem. Your the only one in the queue babe.:wink:
Getting all exited now. Really looking forward to it.

Jayne
30th-March-2004, 10:02 AM
Me too :grin: along with Amanda, Monika and the Tramp.

Is that Amanda as in ex-forumite Amanda, as in the original chilli?

J :nice:

TheTramp
30th-March-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
Is that Amanda as in ex-forumite Amanda, as in the original chilli? Amanda Kramer from Edinburgh. No idea if she's got anything to do with chili.

Are you going then Jayne?

Trampy

Jayne
30th-March-2004, 11:59 AM
no, the Amanda I was thinking of lived in Aberdeen.

I'm not going - seeing my other brother this weekend!

J :nice:

Sheepman
30th-March-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I'm not going :sad:
Hope you'll help me celebrate the end of my non jiving month elsewhere soon!

Greg

Sheepman
30th-March-2004, 03:40 PM
Brighton..(well Saltdean). Fast approaching April 2nd – 5th

We still have a few double rooms free, so if you are a couple looking for a fantastic weekend of dancing in the Brighton area, give us a call. And we could squeeze the odd guy in at a push (but only “odd” ones). By the way, did we mention that Kylie has been confirmed as making a special guest appearance at some point over the weekend – hubba hubba! Please call Tor or Andy to check on going availability – 01895 232239
Presumably they've had a few cancellations, freeing up some space.
I wonder if Andy Mc has anything to do with Kylie's appearance, I know she finds him irresistible! :wink:

Greg

Minnie M
3rd-April-2004, 03:38 AM
Day one over - I must the ONLY forumite at Rock Bottoms who can post this weekend :D :wink:

Had some great dances tonight - thanks to Trampy :hug: and Martin :drool: and love dancing with Martin's Aussie mate Ren :worthy: and a great fun dance with McGrester :blush:

Gonna seek out Sheepster and Tony tomorrow :clap:

Looking forward to tomorrow :clap: :clap: :clap:

Peter
5th-April-2004, 11:55 AM
What a stunning cabaret performance from David & Lily ... I am still totally gobsmacked, 36 hours later ...

Sheepman
5th-April-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Peter
What a stunning cabaret performance from David & Lily Is it the first time a cabaret performance has given me a spine tingling moment? Others were telling me of being in tears watching it. Amazing! But then the standard of the performances was higher than I've seen before. In particular, Tas and Adam, and Nigel and Nina, both inspiring, and awe inspiring!

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
5th-April-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Peter
What a stunning cabaret performance from David & Lily ... I am still totally gobsmacked,

really ? they're normally rubbish ! oh well :D

Minnie M
5th-April-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
really ? they're normally rubbish ! oh well :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was extra special as David had to avoid the low ceiling and lights :worthy: they are definitely the tops :worthy:

TheTramp
5th-April-2004, 07:38 PM
Had a great weekend. Well done to the Rock Bottoms team.

Also thought that the cabarets were fantastic. David & Lily had some moves that almost made me want to go out and find a small, Asian lass to marry (we'll start working on them tomorrow Sheena!!).

And I thought that Tas and Adam were especially fantastic. I spent the rest of the weekend trying to persuade them to take the cabaret to the Ceroc champs, just because I want to see it again!! :)

Thanks for all the great dances with those who read the forum. Didn't have a bad one all weekend!!

Trampy

Mary
5th-April-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Thanks for all the great dances with those who read the forum. Didn't have a bad one all weekend!!

Trampy

:hug: :hug:

Likewise, I don't think I had dud one all weekend - except maybe one particularly sweaty one, but he's not on the forum AFAIK.

Have to admit I was a little moist-eyed after D & L's cabaret performance. All the cabarets just seem to get better and better. And Adam & Tas are just gods in my eyes:worthy: :worthy: AND don't you just hate someone who can pick up African dancing like they've been doing it all their lives?????

Well done to the RB's team, another winner. :clap: :clap: Just want to sleep for a week now.

M

Tiggerbabe
6th-April-2004, 12:50 AM
What a weekend!!!!!! :clap:
Soooooooo many fantastic dances - I don't know where to start :worthy: they just kept getting better and better :drool: Monika (my fabby room-mate) and I haven't stopped grinning the whole time - we just didn't want it to end!

Memorable moments - (and bear in mind, I'm very sleepy, bound to miss something out :blush: )

Adam and Tas' hip hop classes were brilliant - what a blast!!!!! and fab music :yum:
David and Lily's WCS class with the lovely Roy
Nigel and Nina's routine to Hey Big Spender and dancing it in the cabaret with Chris H
Watching the African Dance class on Sunday morning - waaaaaaaaaaay too energetic for me - you should have seen the state of them after the "warm up" :rofl:
Gary and Sara's little boy, doing the death-dive move (from David and Lily's aerials class) with his dad :D (you'll only know what I mean if you did the second hip hop class)
Meeting so many old friends from the forum and lots of new ones too - :hug:
The teacher's cabarets on Saturday - especially David and Lily - WOW!
Sunday's African Dance Cabaret - simply awesome.
Don't want to start mentioning every amazing dance I had, as I'll be here all night, but dancing to "Sandstorm" and "The Bongo Song" with David B have to be up there in my "best dances ever" list - thanks babe :kiss:

A huge thankyou to everyone who danced with me - you made my weekend :worthy:

And a special mention to Mr MacGregor, who picked us up from the airport - waited till we eventually got packed this morning - dropped us in Brighton to do some shopping - and then picked us up again to take us back to Gatwick - thankyou.

Monika
6th-April-2004, 12:16 PM
Team Rock Bottoms: THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!
My 1st ever dance-holiday/week-end'er and certainly not the last!!! (Camber less than 3 weeks away... then Champs then... mmm...!)
Guys: You were all BRILLIANT!!! Thank you so much for so many memorable and wonderful and fun dances!!! Still hyper and dizzy after the incredible dances and thank you for being so welcoming and generous with dances!
Sheena: Thank you so much for sharing room with me and letting me join the wee Scottish contingency (do you think wee were noticed at all...?) and the lovely dances and bringing some amazing (!!) music for our pre-party parties and after party "parties" and just for being there (impressive wardrobe...btw.. I just don't own that many clothes..!).
(Em: Great to meet you again and thank's for letting me join your special "quality time"...)
Thank's to all the wonderful & inspiring teachers, but have to mention Adam & Tas in particular: THANK YOU! Your workshops were just the best & enjoyed watching you strutting your stuff: Very very impressive!!!
See you around some time
Mon x

:hug: :hug: :flower: :D :D :D :D

Tiggerbabe
6th-April-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Monika
btw.. I just don't own that many clothes..!).

Spoken by Monika prior to our "little" shopping expedition in Brighton :wink: :kiss:

TheTramp
6th-April-2004, 01:38 PM
She's just trying to catch up, now that she's seen what the benchmark is!!!

Trampy

Monika
6th-April-2004, 02:00 PM
...funny... as if the pathetic result of three tops and two pair of shoes will make any difference or get me anywhere near... Nae chance!
:rofl: :D :hug: :flower:
"Every one of us has the capacity for kindness" HH Dalai Lama

TheTramp
6th-April-2004, 02:10 PM
We've all got to start somewhere you know!!!

Trampy

Amanda Kremer
6th-April-2004, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone,

What a brilliant weekend in Brighton that was ... anyone who wasn't on it check out availability for the next one and hello to anyone that was.

Great dancing - and enough room to dance as well for once, fab music 90% of the time and a good mix of classes. Anyone want to go through that hip hop routine let me know - I don't want to forget it!

Only one downer and that was the food but hey ho - you can't have everything.

Hello to Chris and Asif and Philip - wish I'd had more dances with you all and hope to see you all at the next one in Torquay.

BTW - anyone from Scotland going to Torquay in May? If so drop me a line.

See you all on the floor,
Amanda

Hevmate
6th-April-2004, 04:01 PM
and to think David and Lily almost didnt do a cabaret for us. As they were seriously pushed for time we agreed to have them without a cabaret rather than not have them at all !!!
What pro's they are, how lucky we are to get to have them around us:worthy:

Graham W
6th-April-2004, 05:02 PM
...hey I feel better - I choked when I saw them do a routine to Angels at a bizzarely muted audience at Monster Jive
G

Emma
6th-April-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Monika
Still hyper and dizzy Surely this is wrong.... you were the picture of tranquility on Sunday night! :rofl:

(Em: Great to meet you again and thanks for letting me join your special "quality time"...) You're welcome babe :flower: :grin:

Mega thanks to Tor for letting me sneak under the wire on Sunday night! :hug: And to all the lovely lovely people for the lovely lovely dances. Lovely. :flower:

ChrisH
7th-April-2004, 06:42 PM
Well here goes.... my first post this year which I think brings my average up to one per year!

RockBottoms in Brighton, what a weekend! I met some lovely people and had some fantastic dreamlike dances. Little did I realise that there are so many very talented ladies dancing in Scotland. Sheena danced so perfectly as my partner in the "Hey Big Spender" routine that I actually enjoyed being out there in front of hundreds of people. Dancing with Monika was a really beautiful treat and Amanda and I had some cracking dances. Thank you for spoiling me you ladies from Scotland! ... now I understand why the Tramp moved up there!

The cabarets were as awesome as others have described. So just how wonderful is it that we can get to dance with people who are capable of performing like that. Thank you so much, Nina, Lily and Tas. Boy, did I have a good weekend!! :D :D :D

The only down side with the weekend is having the strength to survive it! My stamina disappeared after the African Dancing warm up. I was a mess. I had to sleep. Sadly, I missed the African cabaret several hours later :tears: HevMate, how do you do it???

Other highlights for me were to meet some of the other folk off the Scottish Forum! Hi there Sheepman, Minnie M and Emma. I hope that one day I might find out who everyone else is!

Thank you to all the ladies who danced with me. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did, then you would be very happy indeed. :grin:

A great weekend is behind us. I wonder just how many wonderful dancing experiences await us in the days, weeks and months to come.

ChrisH

Diane
7th-April-2004, 06:54 PM
As lots of others have already said RB at Brighton was a fantastic weekend.

The cabarets were awesome, loved N&N, Gary & Sarah, Adam & Tas, but was just blown away by David & Lily, never seen any like it.

It was lovely to meet some other forumites.

As usual dancing was top class, roll on Torquay.:D

Mary
7th-April-2004, 08:19 PM
Ah, ChrisH, you are one of my top fabby dancers even tho' I've only had a handful of dances with you :worthy: Glad you're on the forum, and hope to see/dance again soon.:cheers:

M

Hevmate
8th-April-2004, 09:52 AM
Dancing warm up. I was a mess. I had to sleep. Sadly, I missed the African cabaret several hours later HevMate, how do you do it???If you saw me today you'd know... head keeps hitting the keyboard !!!

Thank you all for saying such great thngs about our weekend, makes it all worth while. We ought to have a forum meeting spot at the next one :grin:

DavidB
8th-April-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Hevmate
We ought to have a forum meeting spot at the next one You had 2 - one was the dance floor, the other was the bar.

ChrisH
8th-April-2004, 10:15 AM
Ah, ChrisH, you are one of my top fabby dancers even tho' I've only had a handful of dances with you Glad you're on the forum, and hope to see/dance again soon.

Thanks for your warm welcome. We will have to have more than a handful of dances the next time!

ChrisH

ChrisH
8th-April-2004, 10:18 AM
You had 2 - one was the dance floor, the other was the bar.

.... maybe we need to have some Forum Avatar badges so we know who is who!

Peter
8th-April-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
.... maybe we need to have some Forum Avatar badges so we know who is who!

Brilliant idea ..

Hevmate
8th-April-2004, 10:25 AM
We ought to have a forum meeting spot at the next one
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right who ever is coming to Torquay, come an see me (to remind me -i have the memory of a goldfish) and i'll anounce a place / time once were there., probably at te bar ... Howzatt :cheers:

Sheepman
8th-April-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
the other was the bar. Bar? There was a bar? I didn't have time to notice! (Well Wendy did oblige by getting the drinks in.)
ChrisH, good to meet you too, albeit a bit late in the day, what time was it? About 4 a.m. Monday morning? Many more forum members that I missed, maybe the badges idea would work, but how long would it be before they got swapped around?

Greg

ChrisH
8th-April-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sheepman
... but how long would it be before they got swapped around?

Hi Greg, it was about 4am though who was checking the time we were enjoying the company so much!

Just want to check though, are you really suggesting we have a Forum name badge swapping meeting???

ChrisH

Sheepman
8th-April-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Just want to check though, are you really suggesting we have a Forum name badge swapping meeting??? Not my idea!! Just based on previous name badge swapping experiences which left me a touch schizophrenic! :what:

Greg