PDA

View Full Version : The Real World

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 12:53 PM
I have been invited to a "bar" to "drink cocktails".
I have been told that I am not allowed to wear my nice new black and white shoes and if I "do that dancing" on any young men we encounter then they will expect naughty things and the older ones will expect tea and naughty things in the morning too:eek:

Help!!!!
How does one do this kind of thing these days??

Top tips requested!!!!

NB Chicklet may not be my "real" name, this is light hearted for a Friday but it is really NOT a wind up:what: :flower:

Boomer
26th-March-2004, 12:55 PM
Dance if you feel like it, they'll just have to expect to be disappointed as well :D

Oh, and drink loads of cocktails as well, Long-Island Ice tea hmmmm:yum:

DavidB
26th-March-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
they will expect naughty things and the older ones will expect tea and naughty things in the morning too. How does one do this kind of thing thing these days?? What is the problem? Are you asking how to make a cup of tea?

Aleks
26th-March-2004, 01:03 PM
I suggest you extend your personal invitation to include most of us so that we can do all the dancing we want, in whatever shoes we like, leaving the others standing around wishing they could join in!

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
What is the problem? Are you asking how to make a cup of tea?
:D wasn't the major dilema but it is riddled with issues, the sniffing the milk thing before pouring for example, is this acceptable in society these days? Is one expected to provide home baking?:confused:

Pammy
26th-March-2004, 01:29 PM
:D wasn't the major dilema but it is riddled with issues, the sniffing the milk thing before pouring for example, is this acceptable in society these days? Is one expected to provide home baking?:confused:

home baking - no, easter eggs - yes :grin:

You know you can tell if the milk is off by the way it pours rather than sniffing. If you sniffed and got a bit on your nose, you could end up a bit cheesy - possibly not a good thing :wink:

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
you could end up a bit cheesy - possibly not a good thing :wink:
obsolutely top tip Pammy!!:cheers:
there's nothing worse that a bit of unexpected cheese in the morning eh?:grin:

Dance Demon
26th-March-2004, 01:51 PM
obsolutely top tip Pammy!!:cheers:
there's nothing worse that a bit of unexpected cheese in the morning eh?:grin:

(fatherly rant mode on)
RIGHT YOUNG LADY!!!!!!!!!!....you are heading upstairs right this instant....and no tea for you......(fatherly rant mode off)....:D :D

CJ
26th-March-2004, 02:36 PM
Is one expected to provide home baking?:confused:

I don't think having one in the oven is, at least at THIS point, required or, indeed, desired.

spindr
26th-March-2004, 03:31 PM
Is one expected to provide home baking?:confused:

Cute buns might help :)

SpinDr.

P.S. Why not reread the "jokes" thread, so you can regale them with some jocular japes and anecdotes :devil:

Bill
26th-March-2004, 03:47 PM
I have been invited to a "bar" to "drink cocktails".
I have been told that I am not allowed to wear my nice new black and white shoes and if I "do that dancing" on any young men we encounter then they will expect naughty things and the older ones will expect tea and naughty things in the morning too:eek:

Depends on who has invited you.......and how many there are.

Lots of young men and 'naughty things' in the evening and older men in the morning. Do you have the stamina :na: and why do we older men have to wait till the morning.....isn't that discrimination :what:

Sounds like you're going to an orgy .................... let us all know how it goes won't you :whistle:

Bill
26th-March-2004, 03:49 PM
ps........................ Chickie's workload obviously quite low on a FRiday afternoon..................... :D :rolleyes:

Chris
26th-March-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Dance if you feel like it, they'll just have to expect to be disappointed as well :D

Oh, and drink loads of cocktails as well, Long-Island Ice tea hmmmm:yum:

I would beg to differ from the Veritable Worm-Handler on this one. There is, as some have suspected, a 'real' world outside of dancing. This is hard to believe, but true.

Don't dance. Let them linger over the thought of your wonderful swaying body, intricate hand movements, flowing grace. Don't show them - get them to come dancing dahling.

Long Island Ice Tea is a fab drink for getting what is technically known as rat ar*ed, but ordering it in a proper cocktail bar is a bit 'studenty'. Look on the menu for combinations of spirits you like or ask the barman to recommend - long, short, sweet, sharp, creamy, whatever. Remember if you do get tempted to dance, knocking someone's olives out of their martini may be considered the height of bad manners - the quality and quantity of the vermouth is every bit as much an art form as the quality and number of errr... dance spins.

Good luck and enjoy! :flower:

Aleks
26th-March-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Long-Island Ice tea hmmmm:yum:

Sea Breeze for me:drool:

Pammy
26th-March-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Sea Breeze for me:drool:

I like the one that has Baileys, whipped cream and bananas in it. Hills and I used to go to the Happy Hour and drink as many as we could in an hour - the next day you knew about it though :tears:

azande
26th-March-2004, 04:37 PM
I like the one that has Baileys, whipped cream and bananas in it. :sick:

Nothing other than Manhattan or Daiquiri.

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 04:39 PM
Well if we're naming fave cocktails then I'm afraid it's the old fashioned Singapore Sling for me, tigers or no tigers!!!

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Bill
.Lots of young men and 'naughty things' in the evening and older men in the morning. Do you have the stamina :na: and why do we older men have to wait till the morning.....isn't that discrimination :what:

Maybe my grammar wasn't perfect but I was hoping to imply that the old uns would be after evening AND morning activities:eek:
soooo mr F I think that was POSITIVE discrimination!!

Bill
26th-March-2004, 05:31 PM
Maybe my grammar wasn't perfect but I was hoping to imply that the old uns would be after evening AND morning activities:eek:
soooo mr F I think that was POSITIVE discrimination!!

in that case .........you're insatiable woman............ young men first then older men.........then older men again in the morning :what: :blush: ..............you'd be laying on the oysters then would you:wink:

Hope you have a great night ..........whatever happens :clap:

Aleks
26th-March-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Bill
whatever happens :clap:

And don't forget to tell us all about it afterwards!:wink:

Bill
28th-March-2004, 01:28 AM
Well if we're naming fave cocktails then I'm afraid it's the old fashioned Singapore Sling for me, tigers or no tigers!!!

went through a very brief phase of drinking what I think were called Gatsby's......... Southern Comfort, Lime and Lemonade. Was pretty sweet and terribly pretentious....but I was young and still a student ( and it lasted a month or two as I couldn't afford them :sick: :D ). Was much cheaper to have a pint at the union :na:

Barry Shnikov
30th-March-2004, 08:32 AM
home baking - no, easter eggs - yes :grin:

You know you can tell if the milk is off by the way it pours rather than sniffing. If you sniffed and got a bit on your nose, you could end up a bit cheesy - possibly not a good thing :wink:

How come whenever the subject turns to food, there's a Post from Pammiiiiii:whistle:

There is only one cocktail: the dry martini. Glass of ice-cold London gin, put it in some sunshine and pass a bottle of dry vermouth between the glass and the sun to get just enough of the vermouth into the martini.

This, by the way, is Picasso's recipe.

Pammy
30th-March-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Barry Shnikov
Pammiiiiii

Listen Captain, now you've deserted your squad of merry eaters, I feel I should point out that it's Pammmyyyyy to you! :wink: Now, did someone say food? :innocent:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-March-2004, 09:13 AM
Good old fashioned Vodka and Tonic for me. V.A.T please...still confuses some that one :)

Thats not really a cocktail though - used to like Black Russians, quite like Cosmopolitans but dont really drink much so havent had these things for a while.

Anyone up for a cocktail party, everyone brings 2 bottles each ? :D

Boomer
30th-March-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
...Anyone up for a cocktail party, everyone brings 2 bottles each ? :D

At last! Someone speaking my language :waycool:

Chicklet
30th-March-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Barry Shnikov
There is only one cocktail: the dry martini. Glass of ice-cold London gin, put it in some sunshine and pass a bottle of dry vermouth between the glass and the sun to get just enough of the vermouth into the martini.

Agree with the last bit but I thought it was vodka????
Then again I suppose lots of things were a bit strange in Picasso's world.

Petal
30th-March-2004, 01:16 PM
[
Anyone up for a cocktail party, everyone brings 2 bottles each ? :D [/B]

Great idea, what about at the next Beach Ballroom weekend, we can have a cocktail party after The Party.

Jayne
30th-March-2004, 01:21 PM
Black Russians
:drool:

J

TheTramp
30th-March-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
:drool:

J Yeah.

But they were talking about the drink Jayne!! :flower:

Trampy

Bill
30th-March-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Yeah.

But they were talking about the drink Jayne!! :flower:

Trampy

but maybe Jayne has met a nice Black Russian :whistle: :D

Barry Shnikov
31st-March-2004, 05:22 PM
Agree with the last bit but I thought it was vodka????

What?

Martinis have always been made with gin. A vodka and vermouth is sometimes known as a 'vodkatini', but that's all.:cheers: