PDA

View Full Version : Havana Nights!!

Chicklet
25th-March-2004, 01:34 PM
the Blurb

Havana: November, 1958. Eighteen-year-old Katey Miller brings an innate curiosity--and a smattering of Spanish--to her new life in Cuba’s lush capital, where her father has taken an executive posting at Chrysler. Schooled by her parents in the art of ballroom dancing, Katey is expected to join the smart set of American teenagers who are the Miller’s neighbors at the exclusive Oceana Hotel. But Katey finds herself drawn instead to the proud, purposeful Javier--a waiter who also happens to be brilliant dancer. Determined to learn the slinky, spectacular moves that Javier seems to know in his bones, Katey persuades him to partner with her in a prestigious national dance competition at a grand local nightclub, The Palace. Meeting secretly in an out-of-the-way Havana nightclub, Katey and Javier practice their steps--their bodies aligning in a sensual harmony that mirrors the growing passion between them. As the night of the contest finally arrives, Katey and Javier are ready to take their place as a couple on the dance floor--unaware that the country club, and the streets of Havana itself, are about to erupt in revolutionary violence.

The soundtrack

1. Wyclef Jean (feat. Claudette Ortiz) - Dance Like This
2. Black Eyed Peas - Dirty Dancing
3. Yerba Buena - Guajira (I Love U 2 Much)
4. Jazze Pha (feat. Monica) - Can I Walk By
5. Santana (feat. Jorge Moreno) - Satellite
6. Christina Aguilera - El Beso Del Final
7. Orishas (feat. Heather Headley) - Represent, Cuba
8. Mya - Do You Only Wanna Dance
9. Shawn Kane - You Send Me
10. Aterciopelados - El Estuche
11. Julio Daivel Big Band conducted by Cucco Peña - Do You Only Wanna Dance
12. Santana (feat. Jorge Moreno) - Satellite (Spanish Version - Nave Espacial) (Bonus Track

:clap: :clap:

still don't know a firm UK release date, Mid May was the last i'd heard.

So.....do we know any of the soundtrack??
Or does it all look new?

Who's Shawn Kane and I wonder if he / she is murdering poor old Sam Cooke all over again??

Won't sleep AT ALL now know this is on the way!!
:waycool:

Bill
25th-March-2004, 03:06 PM
I've heard of Santana :D :na:

Bill
25th-March-2004, 03:09 PM
er.............and I'm old enough to have been sitting in my nappy listening to music from 1958............. :confused: :sick: ....much more likely to have been Jim Reeves and the pop/country stuff rather than anything exciting from Havana :rolleyes:

Gareth
25th-March-2004, 09:33 PM
http://www1.cd-wow.com/searchresults.php?searchfield=DIRTY+DANCING+

If you follow the link, the sound track costs just £8.99.

Some great tracks including : Do you only wanna dance by Mya.

The film has a limited link with the first film, in that Patrick Swayzee plays a dance teacher who helps Katey Miller prepare for a dance competition.

The film follows a similar story line and has some great dancing and coreography.

Stuart
26th-March-2004, 12:28 AM
Release date is scheduled as 21 May according to the following

www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/d/dirtydancing2.shtm (http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/d/dirtydancing2.shtm)

Gus
26th-March-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Gareth

The film has a limited link with the first film, in that Patrick Swayzee plays a dance teacher who helps Katey Miller prepare for a dance competition.

The film follows a similar story line and has some great dancing and coreography.

Dirty Dancing 2?? That must be a good opportunity to promote Modern Jive! I tried to do a busk on the back of some dance film years back during my Ceroc days ... but couldn't get agreement from the Cinema. Considering the publicity this film should have wouldnt it be a great way for MJ clubs up and down the country to busk outside .... strikes me that it would be a good target market ... unless Salsa and Ballroom clubs have already beaten us to the idea:tears:

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Gus
but couldn't get agreement from the Cinema.
agreement scheement Gusy boy, I say we all get dolled up and turn up to watch it and queue up and then get all overcome and inspired and break into a wild and spontaneous freestyle in the foyer.

and then all we have to do if the spotty "manager" comes over is say "sorry sonny, sometimes when I hear music I just can't make my feet behave".

Obviously we would be doing this because we'd be so scared of walking out of there and never feeling the way we did when we were with you......:flower:

Tiggerbabe
26th-March-2004, 02:45 PM
Count me in Chickie DD (have already ordered the cd :blush: )
:hug: :kiss:

Lou
26th-March-2004, 02:58 PM
Dunno if this site is of any use to you?

http://www.cinemovies.fr/fiche_extrait.php?IDfilm=1580

I can't get the clips to work here, so I have no idea if they're any good.... :rolleyes:

Aleks
26th-March-2004, 03:03 PM
Can Azande and I invite ourselves too?

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Can Azande and I invite ourselves too?
excellent idea,
Gus, get a tent up and a pizza oven, you've got a gang of squatters coming round after the movie:D

Chicklet
26th-March-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Dunno if this site is of any use to you?

http://www.cinemovies.fr/fiche_extrait.php?IDfilm=1580

I can't get the clips to work here, so I have no idea if they're any good.... :rolleyes:

Thanks Lou, I'm too scared of the big bad IT boys to download the software (some Apple thing) that a lot of video clips want, I'll have to wait until I've got one desparate for his expenses and do a swap.

I console myself that the clips won't compare to the big screen so I'm maybe not missing much!

See you at Gus' after the premier!!

Tiggerbabe
26th-March-2004, 09:48 PM
Great clips Lou :kiss: :hug:

Gus
28th-March-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
excellent idea,
Gus, get a tent up and a pizza oven, you've got a gang of squatters coming round after the movie:D

Ahhh ... one of the (few) advantages of no longer being involved with running a club is that I dont have to do all the grafting about busking :grin: I leave that to the big boys .... though if someone was to put on a busk I'd probably tag along out of habit:waycool: