PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 27th March - Freestyle at Twyford!

Bex
23rd-March-2004, 10:28 AM
Don't forget there's a freestyle night this Saturday at the Sugar Shack, Loddon Hall, Loddon Hall Road, Twyford, Reading. The night starts at 8.00pm, class at 8.15pm will Billco and non stop freestyle until midnight. Entrance is £7.00, plenty of parking, fantastic floor and tea & cookies later on in the evening.

Also, the lovely TWK will be spinning the decks so its a night not to be missed!!

Hope you can make it!
Bex
:cheers:

ChrisA
23rd-March-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Also, the lovely TWK will be spinning the decks so its a night not to be missed!!

Hope you can make it!

If I can make it, Bex, you'd better be prepared to dance with me all night... everyone else is going to be in Brighton it would seem :rolleyes: .

Chris :flower:

spindr
23rd-March-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
If I can make it, Bex, you'd better be prepared to dance with me all night... everyone else is going to be in Brighton it would seem :rolleyes: .

Nah, am coming along as well -- hope your lead's good Chris, my following's a bit rusty :)

SpinDr.

Chicklet
23rd-March-2004, 04:01 PM
Bex,

long time no see innotverymanyclothesonthebeach, my compliments to you, your worse half and your notsoold man!

Query, does Abigail from the holiday dance with you?? (you know what I mean!)

If so, or if anyone else knows her please say hello etc for me?

(same height and age as me with great hair!! - that'll help y'all know who I mean:rofl: )

C :flower:

ChrisA
23rd-March-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by spindr
Nah, am coming along as well -- hope your lead's good Chris, my following's a bit rusty :)

Well I'd thought I was improving until last night, when I applied gentle resistance to prevent my arm being cranked off during the 5,6,7,8 before the move in the beginners class...

... and was called "stiff". :rofl:

Chris

TheTramp
23rd-March-2004, 04:15 PM
... and was called "stiff". :rofl:She was definitely talking about your arm?!? :what:

Trampy

ChrisA
23rd-March-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
She was definitely talking about your arm?!? :what:

I assume so... it was the only part of me in contact with her. I waited until the freestyle before I used my other hand...

:innocent:

Pammy
23rd-March-2004, 04:47 PM
I assume so... it was the only part of me in contact with her. I waited until the freestyle before I used my other hand...

Absolutely! You're a married man afterall. You'd never be so brave as to cheat on all your wives. Imagine, not "woman scorned", but "women scorned" - life could become suddenly dangerous :wink:

Boomer
23rd-March-2004, 06:26 PM
... everyone else is going to be in Brighton it would seem :rolleyes: .

Oh no dear boy, you are wrong! depending on what the pre-war Left demands of me I may, seeing as I'm gagging to get out, pop-up! Will there be a beginners class?
Been so long,
My one or two moves begin to pong
(sung to the tune of 'I feel so bad' - Elvis)

Mary
23rd-March-2004, 07:15 PM
Glad I saw this. I'd have been twiddling my thumbs wondering where to dance this weekend else. All the other party nights have been - well - outstanding:worthy: Nothing will keep us away on Saturday.:clap:

OK. The old 'what to wear' dilemma again - it's got to be a bit special.

M

Divissima
23rd-March-2004, 09:07 PM
Just in case there's any doubt - I will be there on Saturday (I'm TwK's No.1 Groupie, after all :drool: ). And Billco's No.2 groupie :wink: Neil - hope you'll dance with me, but I'm a terrible lead :tears:

Can't wait :waycool: I just loooooooove Twyford - it's such a great venue with so many fantastic dancers :grin:

Now, what to wear.... :confused: :rolleyes:

ChrisA
24th-March-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
Just in case there's any doubt - I will be there on Saturday
Well. If Bex, Mster and Divi are all going to be there, it's a real dilemma. What about my other wives?

It is quite a drive down to Brighton... :tears:

Chris

Pammy
24th-March-2004, 10:31 AM
Well. If Bex, Mster and Divi are all going to be there, it's a real dilemma. What about my other wives?

Well we might have been persuaded (wife 2 & 3) but it would appear that I (wife 2) has nobody to attend with due to their prior demands :tears:

ChrisA
24th-March-2004, 11:02 AM
Now, what to wear.... :confused: :rolleyes:
My vote would be for the slashed top you were too chicken to wear last time... :devil: :devil:

Jayne
24th-March-2004, 11:05 AM
What about my other wives?
Wife #1 is otherwise engaged so I'll leave it up to wife #4 (Divi) to make sure you don't get up to no good!

J :wink:

Pammy
24th-March-2004, 11:16 AM
My vote would be for the slashed top you were too chicken to wear last time... :devil: :devil:

Wife #2 will poke your eyes out if she catches you looking :wink:

ChrisA
24th-March-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Wife #2 will poke your eyes out if she catches you looking :wink:
I never get caught looking.

:rofl:

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 10:52 AM
I never get caught looking.

:rofl:

But sometimes you get caught counting :wink:

ChrisA
25th-March-2004, 11:06 AM
But sometimes you get caught counting :wink:
:blush:

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 11:20 AM
:blush:

Incidentally, it was order of asking and not order of ranking in good books :wink:

Number 2
x

PS Number 2???? Just my luck!!! Don't call me that in public will you "Oi, you Number 2, over 'ere naaaw!" :blush: :rofl:

Bex
25th-March-2004, 11:26 AM
Always remember Pammy, 1st is the Worst, 2nd is the Best, 3rd is the one with the hairy chest!!!!

:flower:

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Bex
Always remember Pammy, 1st is the Worst, 2nd is the Best, 3rd is the one with the hairy chest!!!!

:flower:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ChrisA
25th-March-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Bex

Just concentrate on not getting Bill's cold, Bex, please. :devil:

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 12:43 PM

Yes, because I think he'd got you lined up for number 5 :wink:

Bex
25th-March-2004, 01:02 PM

Too late, already got it!! :sick:

Will leave 'wife no. 5' slot for someone else on Saturday night though, any takers out there or does Chris need to nominate them personally? :wink:

Bex

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Will leave 'wife no. 5' slot for someone else on Saturday night though

Ahhh, so you'd turn down an invitation into the elite club eh? :wink: Well, no pleasing some people. Must be the cold - the fever and all that.... Once you come to your sense you'll be caught, like the rest of us... rabbits in the headlights.... jumpers for goalposts.....

Yes I have lost the plot(s)

Get well soon Bex :flower:

Get that Billco to work on the lemsip runs!

Mary
25th-March-2004, 01:12 PM
Ummm. Am I an 'official' wife? And what number am I? I could get a bit sensitive about this y'know.:what:

M

ChrisA
25th-March-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Ummm. Am I an 'official' wife? And what number am I? I could get a bit sensitive about this y'know.:what:

You girls... :rolleyes:

Franck will be giving us a separate thread at this rate.

ChrisA
25th-March-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Too late, already got it!! :sick:

Doh !!!!!

You should have moved out as soon as he sneezed.... :rolleyes:

Make sure you've got rid of it by Saturday, please :angry:

Divissima
25th-March-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Pammy:
But sometimes you get caught countingJust as long as he isn't caught smelling :what: :sick:

spindr
25th-March-2004, 02:50 PM
I guess the *really* important question is do I video the match and then try and avoid people telling me the score; turn up late afterwards; or hope there's a tv about, and sulk listening to R5 in the car otherwise? :)

SpinDr.

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 02:53 PM
Just as long as he isn't caught smelling :what: :sick:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and Mary, I don't know, did you get down on one knee? We all did... It's not too late though, you could pip Bex to the post.... :grin:

Bex
25th-March-2004, 03:21 PM
Pip away M, the aisle is clear!!!!

:kiss:

Mary
25th-March-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Pip away M, the aisle is clear!!!!

:kiss:

Well, dunno about being wife number 5 - quite like what I've got:wink: But how about Toyboy number 2 (number 1 goes to Rikki!!!!):D :D

M

ChrisA
25th-March-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, dunno about being wife number 5 - quite like what I've got:wink: But how about Toyboy number 2 (number 1 goes to Rikki!!!!):D :D

You're such a tart, M :devil:

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 05:11 PM
Well, dunno about being wife number 5 - quite like what I've got:wink:

As Chris's motto goes, "there's always room for one more" :wink:

ChrisA
25th-March-2004, 05:17 PM
As Chris's motto goes, "there's always room for one more" :wink:
I'm starting to think Henry VIII had a point :devil:

Pammy
25th-March-2004, 05:26 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boomer
26th-March-2004, 12:02 PM

and a sore one at that.

Divissima
29th-March-2004, 03:48 PM
Had a lovely mellow night at Twyford on Saturday. Not to mention some fantastic dances with the incomparable Spindr - thanks Neil :waycool: I'm so pleased dancing won out over the rugby :wink:

spindr
29th-March-2004, 04:05 PM
Had a lovely mellow night at Twyford on Saturday. Not to mention some fantastic dances with the incomparable Spindr - thanks Neil :waycool: I'm so pleased dancing won out over the rugby :wink:

Loved the dances, but please don't mention the rugby :(

SpinDr.

P.S. Must try and turn up earlier and get a seat in the main hall -- hadn't fully appreciated it was a smoking venue and that a few smokers congregate in the bar area :( -- or stand watching the dancers from the edge there //cough//.
P.P.S. Where was ChrisA then? I'd been practicing my following all week :)

Divissima
29th-March-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Spindr:
Where was ChrisA then? I'd been practicing my following all week Good question... Tsk, tsk - off shopping for yet more wives, no doubt :wink: That reminds me, I'm due another dance with the gorgeous Bex :waycool:

ChrisA
29th-March-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by spindr
P.P.S. Where was ChrisA then? I'd been practicing my following all week :)
Sorry, I went Stompin' in the end.

I was really torn - but in the end I decided to go down cos there's lots of people I don't see too often.

Anyway, you're too tall for me to lead all that easily :D

Chris

Divissima
29th-March-2004, 04:38 PM
If only someone would invent a time-turner *sigh*. Sorry you missed Twyford, Chris. It was a lovely night - as usual. And even better in many respects because there were a few people there who can't make it regularly. TwK played some great tracks, including some new stuff, and spread himself around among the laydeez :grin:

Was great to see David and Bryony - in yet another gorgeous frock. If Dave ever wants to set up as a personal shopper, I'll be signing up :really: :what:

PS now you'll never know which top I wore.... but I daresay you'll cope :innocent:

spindr
29th-March-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Divissima PS now you'll never know which top I wore.... but I daresay you'll cope :innocent:

Well, if I could spell decolletage I would... but since I can't... I think "plunging" might characterise it best. Oh and gauzy? is that the right description Divissima?

SpinDr.

Divissima
29th-March-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Spindr:
Well, if I could spell decolletage I would... but since I can't... I think "plunging" might characterise it best. Oh and gauzy? is that the right description DivissimaPlunging and gauzy... that was it :waycool: Positively diaphanous :wink: