PDA

View Full Version : Gladrags.....?

filthycute
21st-March-2004, 07:24 PM
I went to the Jive Addiction website for a nosey and noticed they had organised a 'Gladrag Ball' for the Southport weekend. So does that mean black ties and posh frocks???

filthycute x x

Wendy
21st-March-2004, 08:30 PM
Gladrag Ball... mmmm..... won't that just be Andy McGregor with a big smile on his face, dancing about with no more than a pink ribbon on ????

Wxxx

TheTramp
21st-March-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Gladrag Ball... mmmm..... won't that just be Andy McGregor with a big smile on his face, dancing about with no more than a pink ribbon on ???? PLease god, I hope not.... :tears:

Trampy

spindr
21st-March-2004, 09:34 PM
Gladrag Ball... mmmm..... won't that just be Andy McGregor with a big smile on his face, dancing about with no more than a pink ribbon on ????

That's not a pink ribbon. :whistle:

Wendy
21st-March-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by spindr
That's not a pink ribbon. :whistle: (Oh God !!!! What have I done !!!!) No really !!! I see a ribbon... silk... bow... that kind of thing.. and all strategically placed of course !!!!!! He'd be cute ... and innocent.... and it would all be in good taste !!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

( :flower: for Andy - you know I love you really !!!)

Wxxx

Tiggerbabe
22nd-March-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by filthycute
So does that mean black ties and posh frocks???

filthycute x x
I have a posh frock somewhere Melanie *rummage* :wink:

Lynn
22nd-March-2004, 01:06 AM
I had also been wondering about the 'Gladrags' - and about weekender fashion in general. Southport will be my first weekender. Any comments on what is the 'normal' dress code? (Andy's little pink number might possibly fall outside that definition...) I often wear black trousers and tops, but would like to bring some skirts maybe too.

TheTramp
22nd-March-2004, 01:35 AM
Whatever you feel comfortable with Lynn....

You'll be dancing for 7 hours, so that's the most important thing :D

Trampy

Chicklet
22nd-March-2004, 09:54 AM
I went to the Jive Addiction website for a nosey and noticed they had organised a 'Gladrag Ball' for the Southport weekend. So does that mean black ties and posh frocks???

filthycute x x

We all could just agree that it DOES !!! and turn up (yet again :whistle: ) as the best turned out country representatives!!!

Up the Frocks !!!:clap:
(careful Nik)

Wendy
22nd-March-2004, 02:08 PM
Think I'll bring a posh frock.. not that easy to dance in though.. so expect I'll change out of it after a few tracks... it would be nice to see everyone all glammed up !!!!

As far as clothes for that kind of weekend are concerned , I usually wear trousers and fairly casual stuff for the workshops during the day and wear things I usually wear to parties at night.... but really anything goes I'd say...

Really looking forward to it !!!!

Wxxxx

Andy McGregor
22nd-March-2004, 04:34 PM
So does that mean black ties and posh frocks???

filthycute x x

I have quite a few frocks, I'm just not sure they're quite 'posh' enough:wink:

But I do like the pink ribbon idea - I'm sorry I won't be there to try it out:devil:

TheTramp
22nd-March-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
But I do like the pink ribbon idea - I'm sorry I won't be there to try it out:devil: There is a god!!

Trampy

Sheepman
23rd-March-2004, 12:17 PM
He'd be cute ... and innocent.... and it would all be in good taste !!!!! :sick: . . . :really: . . . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Greg

Bill
24th-March-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Up the Frocks !!!:clap:

I'll go for that..................... :D

xSalsa_Angelx
25th-March-2004, 01:14 PM
I've got a great new dress for the southport weekend and for a spring ball in April (with Andy's work)

Its a Bright Lime green puffy thing with a gold shimmer threw it..... looks great :)

And like Wendy, don't think I'll be able to dance in it all night though.

I decided against the Pink one Chris, would have not got it in time from America :(

Liz
29th-March-2004, 12:43 PM

filthycute x x

Hi

I'm going to Southport and If it helps, having been to other weekenders, I'd say that 'Gladrag Ball' means "smaaaaaaaarter that your average dance gear"... p'raps a 'frock' or 'posh' top with trousers (not jeans).

Whatever you take, suggest the one you consider 'best' wear Sat night, as I hear it's going to be a party atmosphere... so dress for a party!!!

As for the women...... 'black tie' sounds fine to me!!!

johnah
29th-March-2004, 05:43 PM

filthycute x x

:flower:

It will be an opportunity for the ladies, especially, to glam-up and for the men to be a lot smarter than for a usual freestyle eg: no jeans!! :wink:
Whatever, we hope the Ball will be one big phat paaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty with barrel upon barrel load of laughter and, at 'least' 7 hours of dancing!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Details about the workshops will be published soon, so keep an eye on our website www.jiveaddiction.com

:cheers: