PDA

View Full Version : Uxbridge Update

Mary
19th-March-2004, 11:50 AM
At last the floor at Uxbridge has been treated. Seems it has been sadly neglected, but on Wednesday it was stripped and treated. It is still going to undergo further treatment as the wood was so dried out (I am told) and then buffed weekly.

Anyway, last night I tested the floor and was able to spin all night like a whirling dervish - however, I only managed to take out half the people there. :devil: Must try harder next week.:wink:

Incidentally, Helen played some pretty cool music last night - a bit of blues and some new modern stuff I haven't heard before which I loved.:cheers:

M

Bill
19th-March-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Mary

Incidentally, Helen played some pretty cool music last night - a bit of blues and some new modern stuff I haven't heard before which I loved.:cheers:

M

oooooooh.......in that case will I manage to get to Uxbridge on my little London tour ??????? I can spin you all night Mary and see how many we can take out together. I've been know to do the odd single spin - but need to sit down afterwards :rolleyes: :D

DavidB
19th-March-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill
I've been know to do the odd single spin - but need to sit down afterwards I find spinning difficult - it relies on moving my feet too much. My solution is to get drunk. When the whole room starts spinning, it looks just the same from my point of view.

Mary
19th-March-2004, 01:23 PM
oooooooh.......in that case will I manage to get to Uxbridge on my little London tour ??????? I can spin you all night Mary and see how many we can take out together. I've been know to do the odd single spin - but need to sit down afterwards :rolleyes: :D

Play yer cards right........

At your age I know it takes a while for the blood to catch up with the rest of your body - poor lamb.:devil: :wink:

M

Pammy
19th-March-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
I find spinning difficult - it relies on moving my feet too much. My solution is to get drunk. When the whole room starts spinning, it looks just the same from my point of view.

Funny, but I just can't imagine you drunk :what: Infact I can't imagine most of the dancers I know drunk. How odd...

Bex
19th-March-2004, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mary
[B]At last the floor at Uxbridge has been treated. Seems it has been sadly neglected, but on Wednesday it was stripped and treated. It is still going to undergo further treatment as the wood was so dried out (I am told) and then buffed weekly.

Yes, I must second the opinion of the lovely Mary and agree that the floor is much, much better - hurrah:cheers:

Music was very good last night - I'd love to blag it and say it was down to my superb DJing cover but alas I was playing from Helen's play list while she was checking out the new floor! What did you think of that Merengue one that speeded up at the end? V. funny to watch :rofl:

If I don't see you tonight at Twyford are you going to Amir's on Sunday? DavidB, are you and Lily venturing to Kent House? :hug:

Bex

Bill
19th-March-2004, 05:12 PM
Play yer cards right........

At your age I know it takes a while for the blood to catch up with the rest of your body - poor lamb.:devil: :wink:

M

:yeah: .............and that causes real problems soemtimes... :whistle: :D

Mary
19th-March-2004, 07:05 PM
:yeah: .............and that causes real problems soemtimes... :whistle: :D

Bill, just don't go there.:devil: :devil:

Forgot to mention the merengue track - loved it. :cheers: Will definately be at Kent House Sunday. What do you reckon, the usual Thai afterwards or somewhere different?

M

Bill
25th-March-2004, 12:16 AM
Bill, just don't go there.:devil: :devil:

M

Can't tell you how often I've heard that................:D :blush: :innocent:

Boomer
25th-March-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
I find spinning difficult - it relies on moving my feet too much. My solution is to get drunk. When the whole room starts spinning, it looks just the same from my point of view.

So that's the secret! Bugger classes, I'll have 10 pints of Broadsside! Ceroc Universal All-Time Greats here I come!