PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Party Night - Sat 3rd April

Barbara B
16th-March-2004, 06:42 PM
As there doesn't seem to be anything advertising the Dundee Party night on Saturday 3rd April, I thought I'd start a thread so we alert all the forumites to this event which will hopefully be the start of a monthly party night in Dundee. Please come and support it!

Could someone in the know please provide a map and more information about it.

Was at Dundee class last night which was fab. Also looking forward to Route 66 and the Aberdeen Party this weekend!

Barbara

Tiggerbabe
16th-March-2004, 08:45 PM
Party is to be held in the Menzieshill Community Centre - starts at 7.30pm and goes on until 11.45pm - the hall has to be cleared by midnight :tears:
BYOB or water or whatever you like to drink whilst dancing as there is no bar - soft drinks will be on sale however if you forget!

Hope you all have a great time - I'll be in Brighton that weekend at Rock Bottoms, so won't make it - but hopefully I'll manage the next one :grin:

Directions????? Ehrm.......*cough* head for Ninewells Hospital and then ask someone :blush: :blush:

Barbara B
16th-March-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks Sheena. Now we just need a map or even an address. My computer skills don't allow me to put a map on even if I found one - must learn. I'll try a smilie face.
clap:

What's Rock Bottom - is it Ceroc? Competition? So much to learn!

DavidY
17th-March-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm a sassenach who's only ever danced in Dundee once (and not at this venue), so I don't claim to be an expert here....

But is it this one?:
Menzieshill Community Centre
Orleans Place
Dundee
DD2 4BH

Which would mean that a multimap map is here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=DD24BH&quicksearch=DD2+4BH&cidr_client=none) or for a slightly zoomed out map, here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=DD24BH&quicksearch=DD2+4BH&cidr_client=none&scale=25000)

I could be very wrong of course...

Tiggerbabe
17th-March-2004, 12:33 AM
Yup! That would be the place David, thanks :hug:

TheTramp
17th-March-2004, 01:36 AM
Unfortunately, I'll be at Rock Bottoms too (which is a dance weekend, held in various places on the South Coast, 5 times a year).

So I hope that there will be on in May too. Although, the first Saturday in May is the night before the Ceroc competition...

Trampy

Barbara B
17th-March-2004, 05:45 PM
Fantastic David - thanks for that. Now if I'd anything to do with organising it, I'd give you a free ticket for that but I don't have any 'Ceroc' power - yet.

Trampy, the May dance could be your last minute practice session?

I think it would be fab if the Dundee Cabaret performed their winning routine from Blackpool at one of the Dundee parties - it would be ace to see it again. Maybe all three Scottish cabaret teams could - think they were all so good, more people up here should see them.

TheTramp
17th-March-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Barbara B
Trampy, the May dance could be your last minute practice session? And after the dance, I'd have to get down to London by midday the following day?!?

Maybe not.... though, at the moment, I'm probably not going down for the Ceroc champs anyhow. Which means that I will be at the dance.

Trampy

Barbara B
17th-March-2004, 07:35 PM
Oops Trampy....... as you can see, I didn't have the 'London' Ceroc Champs in my diary. Yes, would be a bit difficult to get there on time.

If you end up going to Dundee instead, I'll just need to book you for a dance!

David Y - Happy Birthday. Just noticed that today's your big day - have a good one!