PDA

View Full Version : Wow... on top of the world!

Franck
16th-March-2004, 11:54 AM
Just found this page with an interactive 360° panorama view from Mount everest... Just what we all need if stuck in the office...

http://panoramas.dk/fullscreen2/full22.html

You'll need quicktime (available from this page (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/) to view and browse).

Pammy
16th-March-2004, 12:11 PM
Wow, that is really impressive! :nice:

Franck
16th-March-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Wow, that is really impressive! :nice: Yeah I thought so too :nice:

Apparently, it was voted, by LAWeekly, the
single coolest page on the web...
I tempted to agree, I love the fact you can move around, zoom in / out etc...

There are many other panorama to browse... I liked the New York Time Square New Year celebrations...

fruitcake
16th-March-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Yeah I thought so too :nice:

Apparently, it was voted, by LAWeekly, the
single coolest page on the web...
I tempted to agree, I love the fact you can move around, zoom in / out etc...

There are many other panorama to browse... I liked the New York Time Square New Year celebrations...

That is so, so beautiful.
There was a bloke on Richard and Judy yesterday, don't normally watch it but he came on minus hands and feet, got stuck on ridge of mountain in severe storm and got frostbite, amazing story, book just out, his friend didnt make it.
Worth a read methinks.

Bardsey
16th-March-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Just found this page with an interactive 360° panorama view from Mount everest... Just what we all need if stuck in the office...

http://panoramas.dk/fullscreen2/full22.html

You'll need quicktime (available from this page (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/) to view and browse).

That's magic Franck! Hey Pamster, if you do it really quickly, it gives you a head-rush, bit like standing up too quickly! Cool :rofl:

Pammy
16th-March-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Hey Pamster, if you do it really quickly, it gives you a head-rush, bit like standing up too quickly! Cool :rofl:

Let's face it Bard's, you and I are always standing up too quickly :wink: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
16th-March-2004, 08:36 PM
Brilliant Franck - I doubt I'll ever manage to actually make the climb, so I guess this is as close as I'll ever be - amazing! :kiss:

Stuart
16th-March-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
That is so, so beautiful.
There was a bloke on Richard and Judy yesterday, don't normally watch it but he came on minus hands and feet, got stuck on ridge of mountain in severe storm and got frostbite, amazing story, book just out, his friend didnt make it.
Worth a read methinks.

Absolutely brilliant photo. The nearest I will ever get to standing on the summit.

If you want to read more about Everest, try reading "Into Thin Air" by John Krakauer. It is an account of the Everest disaster in 1996.

Jayne
17th-March-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Stuart
If you want to read more about Everest, try reading "Into Thin Air" by John Krakauer. It is an account of the Everest disaster in 1996.
I've just finished reading Joe Simpson's "touching the void" (the book that came before the film - will go and see the film soon...). Very good book - such determination, even with a broken leg.... And they both survived - hurrah!

J :nice:

Paul F
17th-March-2004, 01:44 PM
That is one seriously impressive website, thanks Franck :cheers:

reminds me of the times that i climbed everest......you know....something to when your bored :grin:

Ok, who will be the first to offer a ceroc class on everest ??? Of course, you would have to make it free to get people to attend.........PLUS no need for air-con - bonus!!!

:wink:

Stuart
17th-March-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I've just finished reading Joe Simpson's "touching the void" (the book that came before the film - will go and see the film soon...). Very good book - such determination, even with a broken leg.... And they both survived - hurrah!

J :nice:

The film is well worth seeing. Even though I knew what the final outcome was, it had me on the edge of my seat.