PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow advice needed, please

Rachel
4th-September-2002, 03:25 PM
Boring thread, I know, but can anyone who knows Partick Burgh Halls in Glasgow (which is just about right where I'll be staying) tell me if the Monday and Wednesday Ceroc class venues are walkable from there?

I've got maps of the venues and they don't look too far away. Having said that, if it's much more than 30 minutes walk, I might cop out and try the underground (St George's Cross - Mon - and Kelvinbridge - Wed - stations, would that be about right?)

Having said that, does the underground still run at about 11pm during the week, for me to get back again?

Many thanks if you can help
Rachel

Janet
4th-September-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi Rachel,

The Glasgow Uni (Wed) venue is probably 20-25mins walk from Partick. The Maryhill venue (Mon) is a good bit further. Wouldn't really recommend walking to that one.

The tube is really handy and finishes around 11pm - obviously the last train depends slightly on the station.
But there are usually plenty of people with cars who could help you out with a lift home if needs be (e.g. I just live up the road from Partick), especially if you fancy joining one of the usual pub outings for a wee bevvy after the class. :cheers:

So when will you be in Glasgow???

Janet
:nice:

Rachel
4th-September-2002, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info - I'll be there next week, all being well (and also the first week in October).

Think I'll get the tube to the Monday class then! I do like the sound of the pub outing afterwards - of course, I always forget that things are so much more civilised north of the border where pubs stay open past the ridiculous English closing time of 11pm.

Mind you, I'll have to see 1. what kind of state I'm in after Ceroc (usually look a right mess after dancing - they might not let me in any pubs!) and 2. how prepared I am for my work the next day. We'll take it as it comes...

Thank you!
Rachel

Janet
4th-September-2002, 04:34 PM
No problem.

Pub opening hours mid week aren't so different here - 11pm or 12am depending on the pub. Good to wind down with a wee drink or two sometimes though.

Doesn't everyone look a mess after a night of Ceroc??? :sick: I once met some friends for a drink after a class - flushed, bedraggled and damp hair - to be met with "Goodness, you look Healthy!"
That's got to be the kindest way I've ever heard it put! :wink:

Looking forward to meeting you on Monday! :D

Janet