PDA

View Full Version : Heard a rumour......

Heather
14th-March-2004, 12:39 PM
Was in Glasgow last night at the monthly Ceroc party and heard the rumour that our very own CJ the lang haired Glesga DJ is to be taking up a regular Tuesday night spot in Hipsters (sh - wash your mouth out Heather, NO swearing!!!).
He's putting together a stunning playlist as we speak, with classic tracks like,
You're so vain- Carly Simon
That don't impress me much - Shania Twain.
Ironic -Alanis Morrisette

I'm sure there are lots of other tracks that could be added to his playlist so feel free to offer your suggestions

:wink:
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

TheTramp
14th-March-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Heather
I'm sure there are lots of other tracks that could be added to his playlist so feel free to offer your suggestionsSophie Ellis-Bextor - Mixed up World & Music gets the best of me
Alice Deejay - The lonely one
Tiffany - I think we're alone now
Cher - The music's no good with(out) you
James Brown - Play that funky music white boy
Sash - Mysterious Times
Sugababes - Freak like me

And obviously: Black Eyed Peas - Shut up!!

Trampy

Stuart M
14th-March-2004, 01:06 PM
Must admit, trying to get a word in edgeways last night was nigh-on impossible, with "H******s this" and "H******s that" emanating from the DJ kennel.

Perhaps the Spice Girls' "Wannabe" should be added to his playlist...:wink:

Tiggerbabe
14th-March-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Sugababes - Freak like me

Thought he always played this - it's his signature tune innit??
:wink: :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
14th-March-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Perhaps the Spice Girls' "Wannabe" should be added to his playlist...:wink:
Well, I heard him discussing his 'sters t-shirt design and also *holds breath* think he mentioned a haircut......:rofl:

Stuart M
14th-March-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
...and also *holds breath* think he mentioned a haircut......:rofl:
Ah come on, you're just being silly now. That particular event is one of my markers for Judgement Day...

Dance Demon
14th-March-2004, 02:10 PM
How about
I Don't Wanna Dance, by Eddy Grant.......for the hotshots:wink:

fruitcake
14th-March-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
How about
I Don't Wanna Dance, by Eddy Grant.......for the hotshots:wink:
Gosh Dance Demon, you've just reminded me I've got aN Eddie Grant Vinyl in my loft.....
Don't have a deck though-naff!
We're gonna rock down to....electric avenue.
Nostalgia creepin in!!!!!

Minnie M
15th-March-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Heather
Was in Glasgow last night at the monthly Ceroc party and heard the rumour that our very own CJ the lang haired Glesga DJ is to be taking up a regular Tuesday night spot in Hipsters (sh - wash your mouth out Heather, NO swearing!!!).

Is this a wind-up:confused: :innocent: :yeah:

Mary
15th-March-2004, 11:43 AM
So, if this rumour is true, when can we expect to see CJ at Hi......(wash my mouth out with soap and water)ers? For what it's worth I am quite partial to "Toxic" at the moment.

And is CJ willing to risk being ostracized north of the border for DJ-ing at said venue?:devil: :devil: :wink: :wink:

M

Andy McGregor
18th-March-2004, 05:40 PM
I think you're getting mixed up. CJ will be doing his regular spot at the, soon to open, Hipsters in Glasgow. The DJs for the branches of Hipsters in Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen are still to be decided.

Applicants should post their C.V. on this thread...

ChrisA
18th-March-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I think you're getting mixed up. CJ will be doing his regular spot at the, soon to open, Hipsters in Glasgow. The DJs for the branches of Hipsters in Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen are still to be decided.

Applicants should post their C.V. on this thread...
No particular qualifications needed, though, apparently. JB's Tuesday playlist and Roger's Wednesday one just get accessed from the Scottish venues across the internet.

And since we have it on reliable authority that the Scots get along fine without advanced classes (wish we actually had some at Hipsters... :rofl: ), the northern venues are just freestyle, so there's no point anyone turning up before 9.30.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Chris
19th-March-2004, 06:08 PM
Heard CJ's set last Wednesday Glasgow set and was quite impressed - best of four ceroc nights in a row for music. Thu Edin had an emphasis on boogie woogie / rock & roll era music it seemed to me, Mon & Tue (Edin) mellow and enjoyable but not outstanding. Glasgow Wednesday definitely stood out.