PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Championships 2004

bradders
12th-March-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, having read a few of the comments to date I kindafeel like I am stepping into the proverbial 'Lions Den' with this thread but hey, what is the worst that can happen!
As the guy who is responsible for organising the Ceroc Champs I thought I should put my point of view on this matter, and open a thread where any questions or points of view relating to the Ceroc Champs can be answered/aired.
So here we go......
I appreciate that there has been some negative feedback about Hammersmith Palais, and I'm not entirely happy with everything about the venue myself, but since last years event myself and/or Mike have visited many venues across the country and throughout London to consider alternatives and basically we have not found a suitable replacement..
This is one of the reasons we were late getting started this year.
We have been to see Earls Court, Olympia, Crystal Palace, RAH, a number of hotels including The Grosvenor and 7 night clubs in and around London, as well as Birmingham Indoor Arena and many other venues outside London.
However, our requirements are very specific in terms of things like balconies and changing facilities, and a lot of venues simply haven't the facilities. The venues that have these facilities such as Earls Court and Olympia simply don't work financially. When you hire a venue of this size, you have to bring in chairs, tables, clothes rails, partitioning, carpet, music and lighting equipment, dance floor etc. We costed out an event at Olympia and that came in at nearly £90,000, which if we attracted say 1500 people equates to +- about £60 per person just for the venue before you add office admin, credit card charges, flyers etc - this is just the cost of staging the event. The Grosvenor Hotel which has one of the biggest indoor spaces in Central London would cost around £50,000 to hire, absolutely nobody could bring in their own drink or food and the cost of a bottle of water is £2.50.

The reality is that there simply aren't the venues with the facilities to stage an event of the Champs size and format for a reasonable ticket price.

So back to the Palais.
The Palais has had a general refurbishment and is now under new management.
They have made a number of improvements such as removing the palm trees and podiums.
We are looking at increasing the viewing capacity, and have a couple of ideas we think will work well in this regard.

We are negotiating with the Management about the security arrangements and hope that there will not be such a draconian attitude on the door this year.
What went on last year was ridiculous and we are adamant it will not happen again.

We are opening earlier this year to keep the freestyle sections as long as possible.
We cannot extend the event passed midnight due to the local licensing laws.

One quick point about the 'Old Git' section in case any one missed it. The category is sponsored by 'Old Git Wines' which are produced by Paul Boutinot, hence the name. It is nothing to do with how Ceroc views people over 45 year old as was suggested in one post. This category has been requested by people for the last couple of years so we thought we would give it a try. The name is supposed to be tongue in cheek!

So, if you have got any questions or anything to say on the matter then lets have it!

David

Dreadful Scathe
13th-March-2004, 12:24 AM
Nice to hear another side to the story, it was starting to feel as if Ceroc wasnt bothered about public opinion. Hopefully the improvements will be noticed this year, i may even go if you promise the bloody palm trees are gone :D

Tiggerbabe
13th-March-2004, 12:29 AM
Great post David :nice: I, for one, am making the journey down - got my ticket this morning, and am looking forward to it.
Wonder if I can find a partner on that link you've got on the website.............:flower:
p.s. Think people know the "old git" title is for fun - but be warned - John and Hazel will be competing :worthy: :worthy:

Gareth
13th-March-2004, 11:16 AM
I have three questions:

1. Will there be changing facilities?
Two years ago it was twenty guys hiding behind a curtain with no lighting.

2. Have the tolet facilities have been improved?
Previously they boardered on disgusting.

3. Will there be a supply of water to prevent dehydration?

Thanks

Mary
13th-March-2004, 11:57 AM
Bradders, thank you for that post - it has cleared up a lot of speculation, and reassured us all that Ceroc does listen and takes note. I also appreciate that to find a suitable venue at such short notice is a pretty tall order, and given that the change of guv'nor was only recent as well - things just don't happen overnight.

The refurbishment of the Palais (and new management) sounds promising. The ladies changing area is certainly big (and comfortable) enough, but can we request a bit more lighting - man, it's dark in there!

Thank goodness those bl**dy palm trees are going!! Nice one.

Gareth, last year the bar at the far end from the entrance were happy to give me tap water whenever I asked them (no charge). How about having large jugs of water on the bar counter so people can help themselves thus reducing queueing for those who want to buy 'proper' drinks - take some of the pressure of the bar staff.

Not that any of us are demanding at all :wink: but is the floor buffed before the event? Does anyone else think the floor is erm 'difficult'?

Thanks again for the post - I think everone appreciates it.:cheers: The event is now beginning to sound more tempting.:clap:

M

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Not that any of us are demanding at all :wink: but is the floor buffed before the event? Does anyone else think the floor is erm 'difficult'?Doubt the floor is buffed. Apparently, (and not surprisingly) there is a "school disco" in there on the Saturday night. It's amazing that it's ready for us to use by midday really!!

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
13th-March-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Apparently, (and not surprisingly) there is a "school disco" in there on the Saturday night
:confused:

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
:confused: What??

There's a school disco party (apparently, they are the rage now, you go to a nightclub dressed in school uniform) in the Hammersmith Palais on the Saturday night before the champs.

Why was that confusing? Or was it just that you didn't know what a school disco is Sheena? It really wasn't that long ago :whistle:

Trampy

Emma
13th-March-2004, 12:41 PM
Thank goodness those bl**dy palm trees are going!! Nice one.
I quite liked the palm trees :blush: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
13th-March-2004, 12:56 PM
Why was that confusing
It was the "not surprisingly" that confused me...............and yes they did have discos - even when I was at school, cheeky b*****
Sheena (not quite old enough for the "old gits")

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
It was the "not surprisingly" that confused me...............and yes they did have discos - even when I was at school, cheeky b*****
Sheena (not quite old enough for the "old gits") Ah. The "not surprisingly" was because they were unlikely to miss out on a Saturday nights income because we were in there on the Sunday. Which means that they won't close until the very early hours. It'll be a good effort to get it at all ready for us. Let alone actually buffing the floor....

Trampy

Mary
13th-March-2004, 01:08 PM
Ah. The "not surprisingly" was because they were unlikely to miss out on a Saturday nights income because we were in there on the Sunday. Which means that they won't close until the very early hours. It'll be a good effort to get it at all ready for us. Let alone actually buffing the floor....

Trampy

But not impossible! Just means some poor souls are going to have a very early start.:what:

M

bradders
15th-March-2004, 02:26 PM
To answer the questions put so far;

Yes, there will be changing facilities and lighting is one thing that has been raised from last years event so we will be improving the lighting in the changing areas.

The toilets were actually refurbished before last years event and were a lot better that they were the year before.
I'm not actually sure if there have been further improvements since the new owners. I will have to check and report back.
There is a dedicated cleaner on hand during the day of the event who goes around the toilets to make sure they are OK and supplied. We had a couple of flooding problems the year before last but no huge problems last year.

You can get tap water from any of the bars and I will ensure that there are jugs of tap water available also. Maybe also in the canteen area.

The floor is scrubbed and washed after the School Disco.
(Lots of drunk people partially dress in school uniforms, apparently it is a real meat market... but I have never been!!!) The cleaners come in at about 3.30am. I will request that the floor gets buffed. I am sure they have the appropriate equipment.
(Also have to ensure it does not end up like an ice rink after buffing).

Thanks for feedback.

David

Pammy
15th-March-2004, 03:56 PM
Can we bring our own food this time and not worry about being body searched :what: It's so much nicer to choose what you're going to need for the day with regard to nutrition, than being forced into coming with nothing and relying on the venue. :grin:

Mary
15th-March-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Can we bring our own food this time and not worry about being body searched :what: It's so much nicer to choose what you're going to need for the day with regard to nutrition, than being forced into coming with nothing and relying on the venue. :grin:

As there is an eatery in the venue I can't imagine they would be too chuffed about people blatantly bringing their own food in. However, I am happy to leave my bananas, protein bars, sarny etc. at the door like last year - good excuse to get out of the gloom for a few minutes and take a break.

M

Doc Iain
15th-March-2004, 04:15 PM
However, I am happy to leave my bananas, protein bars, sarny etc. at the door like last year - good excuse to get out of the gloom for a few minutes and take a break.

M

you got the wrong idea here Mary.... the reason it is nice to leave these healthy things at the door is so that we can eat the burgers and chips and whatever else there is there without feeling quite as guilty because its not our fault!
:yum: :devil:

Pammy
15th-March-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Doc Iain
you got the wrong idea here Mary.... the reason it is nice to leave these healthy things at the door is so that we can eat the burgers and chips and whatever else there is there without feeling quite as guilty because its not our fault!
:yum: :devil:

Listen pal, I have a reputation to keep up on here (not quite sure what it is though :wink: ) as if I'd be caught dead eating in a greasy spoon cafe! You know I'm not partial to chips - honest :innocent:

No seriously though, it's nice to have the choice as to where you want to eat. Blackpool did really reasonable food and I ended up buying food there, but it's also nice to have your own choice of fruit etc. in your bag too. :grin:

Doc Iain
15th-March-2004, 04:23 PM
yes, variety and choice is nice....maybe we could set up an alternative food area at the other side? So that way people can have a choice of which greasy spoon :D .

Not sure at this rate I may be able to make it anyway for anything other than the evening...:sick:

Mary
15th-March-2004, 04:28 PM
Listen Pammy, just because you might not find any cockroaches at the Palais eatery doesn't mean you can bring your own in.:devil:

Oops. That might sound a bit wrong, but Pammy will know what I mean. Oh, and Doc Iain for that matter - members of the chip squad.:D

M

Doc Iain
15th-March-2004, 04:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

Pammy
15th-March-2004, 04:42 PM
Listen Pammy, just because you might not find any cockroaches at the Palais eatery doesn't mean you can bring your own in.:devil:

They seem to follow me around don't they :tears: Still, some might claim they're not roaches, but large moths :what:

As for eateries in dance venues, I'm sure the Prawnster would disagree that the food you get in there is top notch. He certainly speeded up a notch or two after consuming the sandwich :wink:

bigdjiver
15th-March-2004, 05:19 PM
I think it was two years ago I brought some food with me, and it was consficated at the door, with the assurance that I could collect it on exit. They threw it away instead.

That, with the aggressive attitude of the staff, used to dealing with drunken hooligans, the bar staff hiding away the free tap water, the apalling toilets, made it a very No-No venue for me. (The event and the attendees make it a yes-yes-yes venue, so I still returned.)

At some stage TV and richer sponsors are likely to discover the champs, and it will become a big money prestige event. It is in their interest to improve.

I hope the new management have a better vision and attitude.

Debster
15th-March-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by bigdjiver
At some stage TV and richer sponsors are likely to discover the champs, and it will become a big money prestige event.

You are kidding right?
You forgot to add Smiley faces... :confused:

Thanks Bradders, It's great to hear the real response as opposed to speculation... so what about the food issue then?

Oh and BTW - I thought the toilets were good last year... I must have found the refurbished ladies loos. :)

Cheers!

Paul F
15th-March-2004, 06:32 PM
Really appreciate the posts Bradders and a big thankyou for the considerable amount of effort you and others must have put in.

It sounds much more promising as a lot of the feedback is being acted on. :cheers:

Personally, im not bothered at all about the food issue. I will go out for a main meal anyway as i did at Blackpool. Not a problem.

Looking forward to the champs now :grin:

And as a bonus i now know what im doing on the saturday night !!!! ...............now wheres my school tie :what:

....well, maybe not but does anyone know of a Saturday night dance event the night before?? Would love to meet up with some peeps on the saturday??

Mary
15th-March-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Paul F

....well, maybe not but does anyone know of a Saturday night dance event the night before?? Would love to meet up with some peeps on the saturday??

Check out www.lyndaslist.co.uk that has everything going on this the south east. Or just ask MinnieM (same thing).:D

M

bradders
16th-March-2004, 09:37 PM
SORRY THIS IS A BIT LONG.......

I have had quite a bit of mixed feedback regarding the 'Food Issue'.
There were posted earlier going on about only burgers and chips being available last but that is just not true.
I have append the menu from last year belowso you can see it was a balanced and reasonably priced menu.
In addition people can leave the venue for food. There is a Tesco's just across the road plus loads of cafes and resturants within minutes of the Palais.

Below is an email I received regarding this issue as discussed on this forum and my reply.

EMAIL:
"A recent contribution to the cerocscotland.com/forum website ... which accurately summarises the views of many ..

"Well unless someone has taken a shotgun to the palais management and sacked all the bouncers, you won't see me back at the Palais.

I had enough of the place when LeJive used to run their competitions there, but had my arm twisted into going again last year to do a repeat performance of our double trouble routine - more fool me. Making us queue half way up the high street while bouncers search bags confiscating any food or drink was not a great start to the day.....

A dance competition is an energetic athletic event of significant duration. Any athlete worth their salt would always go to such an event loaded with suitable energy drinks and high energy food. To be told we can't take that crucial nutrition into the venue where the only provided alternative is poor (and very expensive) redbull-imitation and burger and chips is unaccaptable !!!

Come on Ceroc - if you are going to run a competition, treat it like one and not a night club event where you are trying to pack as many people through the door as possible and then fleece them for all the money in their wallet. If you insist on using the Palais, please give us some reassurance that we will be allowed to take our own food and drink into the venue this year. "

MY REPLY
Please find below the menu from the Champs 2003.

This is a balanced menu and is reasonably priced.

The suggestion that only greasy burgers were available is totally inaccurate.

Also all competitors are allowed to leave the venue at any time.

There are a range of cafes and resturants and shops very close to the venue.

I was not aware that the Palais were going to do the search and tried in vain to get them to stop and just let people in.

I totally agree it was annoying and stupid.

It delayed the start of the event which is the last thing we want as we do try and run our event to the schedule for the benefit of the competitors and spectators.

The assertion that we made loads of money from the food is also totally false.

The venue charge us a concession fee of £200 and that is what we charge the caterers.

Capital gain to Ceroc = NIL.

Having a food outlet on site is a service to the entrants.

The main problem with people bringing food and drink into the venue is that they then want to keep their bags with them.

These are then piled high all around the venue making it even more congested and presenting a potential hazard should there be a fire emergency.

This is why the venue insist on having all bags put in the cloakroom.

The cloakroom is provided for free to assist in getting people to deposit their bags in there.

Another FREE service for the attendees.

If you or any one else can suggest a suitable affordable alternative venue in London I would be very glad to hear about it.

I have personally looked at about 10 in the last few months.

The Grosvner is £50,000 for the day by the way!

Kind Regards
David

Ceroc Championships 2003
FOOD AVAILABLE ALL DAY
Menu

Hot Food

Beef Burger Bap with Salad £2.00
Cajun Chicken steak bap with salad £2.00
Spicy Bean Burger Bap with Salad £2.00
Lamb & mint sausage, in bread roll with salad £2.00
Large Vegetarian spring roll with salad £2.00
Fish Burger in bread roll with salad £2.00
Jacket Potato with fillings of: £2.50

Grated Cheese & coleslaw

Grated Cheese & baked beans

Chicken Curry
Side Orders
French Fries £0.80
Beaked Beans £0.60

Relishes
Tomato Ketchup £0.10
Mayonnaise £0.10
Brown Sauce £0.10

White, Brown & Granary Bread Sandwiches
Tuna, corn, peppers & mayonnaise £2.00
Corination chicken & iceburg £2.00
Egg mayonnaise with watercress £2.00
Ham, course mustard & iceburg £2.00

Crisps
Cheese & onion £0.40
Plain £0.40
Salt & vinegar £0.40

Beverages
Coffee, de-caf coffee & tea £0.80
Hot chocolate £0.90
Herbal & fruit tea £0.70
Carrot & coriander soup £1.20

Confectinary
Mars, Snicker, Kit Kat’s £0.45
Grain Bars £0.50
Crisps £0.40

Fresh Fruit
Red/Green apples, bananas, oranges £0.35
Pineapple slice, melon slice £0.35

END OF EMAIL

The main problem is bags not food.
The venue get a bit funny about people bringing drink in because they run the bars.
We do negotiate cheaper drinks for our event than they would normally charge by the way.
If people bring their pack lunches they want to keep their bags with them.
This leads to piles of coats and bags in what is already a tight space. The venue view this as a fire risk and want all bags put in the cloakrooms.
Last year a pile of coats left on top of a light on the balcony did start to catch fire. It was caught early whilst smoking luckily!!

We have added a clause in our terms and conditions of hire this year which states :

Security
‘Palais’ shall supply a minimum of 4 security and 1 medic. At least 1 of the security staff will be required to control the queue and initial entry at 10.30am.
It is agreed that there will be no across the board searching of attendees as they enter the venue. Random searching will take place of individuals chosen at random by the security staff.
No food or soft drinks will be confiscated

This means that I, as the hirer will now have the right to stop any excessive searches, which I did not have last year, much to my frustration on the day.

One last point, the caterers from last year have turned down our offer to return this year because they did not make any money as they were not very busy!!
So. I am looking at alternatives. Watch this space!
One alternative would be to make it a picnic area and just supply hot drinks, soup and snacks!!
What do you think?

David

LilyB
17th-March-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by bradders

Also all competitors are allowed to leave the venue at any time.

There are a range of cafes and resturants and shops very close to the venue. This is all very well if you are either 1) not a competitor, or 2) have incredibly long gaps between the events you have entered. If I remember correctly, many competitors had an hour at most in between rounds/events. This does not give you sufficient time to get changed out of your costume, retrieve your coat & bag from the cloakroom, leave the venue, go to a nearby cafe, order food, eat, return to the Palais, return coat & bag to the cloakroom and change back into your costume in good time for your next round/event!

. . . The main problem with people bringing food and drink into the venue is that they then want to keep their bags with them. . . . . These are then piled high all around the venue making it even more congested and presenting a potential hazard should there be a fire emergency. . . . . This is why the venue insist on having all bags put in the cloakroom. . . . . The cloakroom is provided for free to assist in getting people to deposit their bags in there. . . . . .This leads to piles of coats and bags in what is already a tight space. The venue view this as a fire risk and want all bags put in the cloakrooms. . . .

David The main reason why many people, especially the women, want to keep their bags with them is quite simply because that is where they keep their costumes, shoes, makeup, tissues, combs/brushes, hairspray, mirrors, pins, etc. which they need to have access to throughout the day. It is totally impractical to expect competitors to queue up at the cloakroom every single time they need to reapply their lipstick! Or to brush their hair, or touch up their eye-shadow, or reapply foundation etc etc . . .

The excuse that such bags pose a fire hazard is hard to accept. There was no such problem at Blackpool, either at the Winter Gardens last year or at the Tower Ballroom this year. Or at Bristol or Britroc, for that matter.

LilyB

Fran
17th-March-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
This is all very well if you are either 1) not a competitor, or 2) have incredibly long gaps between the events you have entered.

It is totally impractical to expect competitors to queue up at the cloakroom every single time they need to reapply their lipstick! Or to brush their hair, or touch up their eye-shadow, or reapply foundation etc etc . . .

The excuse that such bags pose a fire hazard is hard to accept. There was no such problem at Blackpool, either at the Winter Gardens last year or at the Tower Ballroom this year. Or at Bristol or Britroc, for that matter.

LilyB

well said!
one real saftey risk last year surly must have been the very poor lighting around all the seating areas.

I appreciate the work which has gone on this year and its much better getting the contact and freedback from HQ. I dont mean to put the cat amongst the pigions but the venue which we use for the scottish competition is a very simple town hall, the dance floor are of which must be aleast 3 x the size of hammersmith. we corner off areas in another room for changing and there are eating areas for poeple to chill out in a bit.

my point is that do we need a really elaborate venue.
Blackpool is unique because of the 2 facilities which are available. Unfortunaltey venues like that cant be funded or found everywhere......but fundementaly it is the people who make the atmosphere and decoration of the hall can really specailise the occasion as we try to do in musslebourgh. Perth Sports centre has also been used up here and although it was not an ideal floor it was still fine - Ive danced on far worse and the simple facilities were great. space - showers.

I am not suggesting that the event gets moved up here at all. Just that perhaps next year similar facilities may be considered somewhere else in England. there must be somthing some where???

liked the idea of a picnick area this year with hot soup etc. As lilly said it can be difficult to get out. Speaking as half of a couple who has been disqualified before because we could not get into our round in time and get changed for another one. - moan moan:tears:

Pammy
17th-March-2004, 11:10 AM
I completely agree with Lily about needing to have your bag with you. I note that the cafe sells sandwiches, fruit, crisps, chocolate bars - I guess if you bought one of each you'd be expected to consume it immediately without the need to eat some and put the rest in your bag (in the locker?) or should you queue for food at separate occasions throughout the day as and when you needed the odd bite to keep your energy levels up? Don't forget queing up to get your money out of your bag as well! :wink:

Seriously, people should be encouraged to bring their own food. Perhaps given that people can freely come and go as they please there is no need for caterers in the event. If there is no caterers taking up room, there will be more room for bags :wink: That way we can all bring what we want, forget about the lockers and those who want to dine out can do so. :cheers:

Mary
17th-March-2004, 11:50 AM
Just a few more thoughts on this. I like the idea of a snack/chill out area. Personally I think soup and some crusty bread is also a good idea - I can never eat anything bulky during a comp - hence protein bars and glucose. But then you will always get people complaining about the lack of choice etc. - you just can't keep everyone happy.

One year I tried to use the cloakroom - left my coat there but had to keep my bag in the end as I had nowhere to keep my purse and my cloakroom ticket. Perhaps there should be a ruling about being allowed to keep a sports bag type of thing - when I have come off the floor from competing I need to put on a T-shirt or fleece immediately so I don't get chilled.

Another thought on reducing the amount of baggage. How about putting a couple of coat rails (with hangars) in the changing areas - there is certainly enough room in the ladies area, and we could leave our costumes/outfits hung up there. Theft seems to be pretty minimal at dance venues as we are mostly an honest lot!! I found this quite useful at the Winter Gardens last year - it means you don't have to keep carting a bag around!! This only wouldn't work if it is still dark in there and you end up wearing someone else's frock!!!!:D

For ladies, keeping some kind of bag is essential, for all the reasons that LilyB mentioned, and for the Pammy-ites who like their bag of crisps to nibble on.

Queueing for the cloakroom one year I found a big problem - we ran out of time and had to abandon our plan to pop out ! Also Fran's experience is what every competitor dreads!:what:

Still appreciate the efforts being made tho'.:cheers:

M

Bill
17th-March-2004, 12:10 PM
SORRY THIS IS A BIT LONG.......

One alternative would be to make it a picnic area and just supply hot drinks, soup and snacks!!
What do you think?

David

Like this idea............... as the others have said, the amount of time available to get out is limited because most of us have friends competing and don't want to miss too much.

I realise that a lot of bags can be a hazard, partly becuase of the poor lighting upstairs. Though the menu wasn't that bad, as a vegetarian I found it very limited but I did buy something just so I had some energy.

Rails in the changing area would also be a good idea.

bradders
17th-March-2004, 02:23 PM
OK, point taken Lily, I understand the requirement of keeping a bag and of time constraints.
When I went to Blackpool I kept my big bag with me and left it on my seat on the balcony when I went to dance.
It was not a problem because there was soooooo much room.

We do not have the room at the Palais (I wish we did!)
It is the venue management that view the piles of bags and coats as a fire risk.
That is their assessment.
(I do think putting coats in the cloaks should not be a problem for anyone but we still get piles of them around the venue)

I also understand the logistical problem of costume changes for different categories.
Showcase and Team Cab have changing rooms allocated for them so that should not be a problem.
The time keeping at our event is always pretty spot on so everybody should know when they are competing and should be able to prepare in good time.
In truth the problem of not having enough time between categories only effects a small number of competitors who enter lots of categories.
We should be able to work something out for these people once the schedule and heats listing is published (mid April) so they do not have a problem. That is just a matter of communication.
If you feel there may be a problem, talk to us about it and we can resolve it together.

I think Marys idea of putting a rail with hangers up in the ladies (and mens changing rooms) is a great idea and one that is totally workable.
The changing areas will be in different locations this year with loads of light.
One would hope that it is relatively safe to leave stuff but that cannot be guarenteed.

And Marys idea of a small knapsack with all you essentials in is also workable, but we get people coming with huge bags that in reality do cause problems.

The picnic area with limited food idea is growing on me.
Soup, crusty bread, energy bars, crisps, hot drinks, fruit etc.
We would have to run it in-house but that should be manageable.
(I bet people would miss their burgers and chips though!)
Any other suiggestions as to what you would like to see available on the day food wise?

Getting back to Frans point about do we need such an elaborate venue. One of the the main criteria we look for in a venue is the balcony which does increase the viewing capacity.
For instance we could not run this event at Hammersmith which has a huge dance floor, but that is all it has, no veiwing capacity or much else.
We have a couple of ideas about how to inprove the veiwing capacity this year, which we hope will increase everybodies enjoyment of the day.

There have been a few good workable ideas coming out of this thread. I like it!

David

bigdjiver
17th-March-2004, 04:22 PM
It would not place too much onus to have someone to regularly patrol the venue looking out for obstructive baggage, and for all crew to be on the lookout for it. We must be safe.

I went through seven shirt changes last year during the event. That would be 16 visits to the cloakroom. Multiply that by attendees .... :tears:

We could have an "at your own risk" storage shelving areas. They could be video monitored. There is room. I would risk someone stealing a bag full of shirts.

DavidB
17th-March-2004, 06:39 PM
Put a leaflet in with the tickets. Suggest that people bring 2 bags - one for the day and another for the evening.

Storage racks and rails are a great idea. The only reason so many bags are lying around on chairs & the floor etc is that we have nowhere else to put them.

Another improvement would be more lighting in the seating areas during the day. It was so dark last year it was depressing.

Jayne
17th-March-2004, 06:44 PM
I had nowhere to keep my purse and my cloakroom ticket.
Mary,

I thought that the reason why we have a man following us about is that we can use them as a handbag? Surely I'm not the only one who does this?

J :devil:

Mary
17th-March-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Mary,

I thought that the reason why we have a man following us about is that we can use them as a handbag? Surely I'm not the only one who does this?

Nice idea. If only they would follow.:devil: Tony and I rarely see each other from one end of the day to the next!!!:wink:

M

Jayne
17th-March-2004, 07:03 PM
Nice idea. If only they would follow.:devil: Tony and I rarely see each other from one end of the day to the next!!!:wink:

M
You need to upgrade to a better model!!!

J :rofl:

Mary
17th-March-2004, 07:09 PM

J :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Are there any???:devil: :devil: :D

M

Jayne
17th-March-2004, 07:30 PM
Are there any???:devil: :devil: :D
Have a wee look around - you never know what you might find...

Mary
17th-March-2004, 08:37 PM
Have a wee look around - you never know what you might find...

Everytime I look around all I find is spiders crawling out of the woodwork!!:devil:

No, this is getting just too absurd.

Back on thread. Thanks Bradders, it sounds like it all could come together quite effectively. :cheers:

M

Tiggerbabe
17th-March-2004, 09:42 PM

I take it you really didn't want to ever dance with Tony again Jayne? :blush: :wink:

Daisy
17th-March-2004, 09:49 PM

The picnic area with limited food idea is growing on me.
Soup, crusty bread, energy bars, crisps, hot drinks, fruit etc.
We would have to run it in-house but that should be manageable.
(I bet people would miss their burgers and chips though!)
Any other suiggestions as to what you would like to see available on the day food wise?

Lily has expressed most of the thoughts I was having but I would also like to raise the point that none of your food suggestions takes into account those of us who are unable to tolerate wheat or dairy produce. If you have special dietry requirements then you simply have to have your own food.....or would management like to take responsibility for that.

In addition, the point made about dimly lit seating area. Last year my partner fell on the stairs at the rear of the launch pad, They are barely lit and he missed his footing, smashed his chest on the metal railings and cracked his ribs. It spoiled our day, among other things.

It is doubtful that we will attend another of the Ceroc comps. while they continue to be held at this venue. It is dirty, expensive for drinks, even water, and the toilets are disgusting. The dance floor is terrible and we have issues with the style of judging and the number of dancers taking part in each round.
It has crossed my mind to email you directly with our concerns but we get the feeling that it may well fall on deaf ears and be like water off a ducks back!

Jane & Ray

LilyB
18th-March-2004, 02:12 AM
OK, point taken Lily, I understand the requirement of keeping a bag and of time constraints.
When I went to Blackpool I kept my big bag with me and left it on my seat on the balcony when I went to dance.
It was not a problem because there was soooooo much room.

We do not have the room at the Palais (I wish we did!)
It is the venue management that view the piles of bags and coats as a fire risk.
That is their assessment.
(I do think putting coats in the cloaks should not be a problem for anyone but we still get piles of them around the venue)

. . . There have been a few good workable ideas coming out of this thread. I like it!

David
Re: bags & coats - I think a fair compromise would be for management (Palais & Ceroc) to insist that all coats be deposited in the cloakroom but to allow each person to take one medium-sized bag ie. sports bag or rucksack into the auditorium. They should also allow clothes-bags containing costumes - some costumes are too bulky to be squeezed into a single sports bag/rucksack.

If the Palais management last year had not placed such high priority on searching bags for food & drink, and had instead concentrated on "persuading" everyone to put their coats in the cloakroom, it would most likely have avoided the "piles of bags & coats as a fire risk" scenario and certainly prevented the near-fire incident involving coats that Bradders described earlier. Obviously the need to make more money out of its customers supersedes the Palais management's concerns for those customers' safety. Bags alone - including those containing food & drink - are definitely not a fire hazard!

Regarding the lighting, particularly in the seating area - it definitely needs improving. It was so poor it was almost impossible even to read the programme/timetable! Eating and touching-up makeup & hair were similarly near impossible. The ladies toilet on the groundfloor below/behind DJ box was not, in my opinion, maintained at all throughout the day. They started off nice & clean, dry & well supplied with loo-paper. By 5pm, the floor was wet in many areas, the sinks were wet all over (and no paper towels to wipe) and loo-paper had run out in many cubicles. Staff didn't lift a finger. I didn't try the upstairs toilet - maybe they were better.

At the end of last year's competition, I was so frustrated with the venue that I declared I would not return if it was still at the Palais the next year. However, it seems to me that this year, Bradders and Ceroc management are making a genuine effort to try to improve things. Of course the fact that most of the problems stem from the venue itself doesn't help when we have no alternative but to use the Palais again. Hopefully, with another 12 months to search, Ceroc might be able to come up with a better venue next year. :clap: :clap: :clap:
In the meantime, if Bradders takes on board the many useful suggestions that have been made here, this year's Championships will be a definite improvement on last year's. I think I might have to go along just to check that out! :wink:

LilyB

Bill
18th-March-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
I think I might have to go along just to check that out! :wink:

LilyB

:cheers: :clap: ...............so does that mean I can book a dance now.......... what about 11.15 pm :D :wink:

bradders
19th-March-2004, 12:58 PM
With regard to the subject of special dietry requirements raised by 'Daisy', we have always issued letters to those people who have informed us of their special dietry requirements which basically explains the situation and gives permission for them to bring in their special food.
We have already done this for a couple of people this year.
If anyone has any special requirements then please contact us and I'm sure we can work something out.
(This is not to be abused by the way!!)

I am sorry to hear about your partners accident.
I did not hear about anybody getting hurt last year.
The only major accident I have known about was when a girl was elbowed in the face during the advanced section and had to go to hospital. On that occassion we sent her a bouquet of flower and a Get Well Soon card and checked on her progress to make sure she was alright.

Regarding lighting: I'm not sure that we can import additional lighting to all the areas that are considered dark. At the end of the day it is a night club and by definition night clubs are dark.
I will be looking into more lighting in changing room areas, but it is really not feasible to bring in additional lighting for the whole venue.

On your last point regarding 'feedback falling on deaf ears', I can asssure you that is not true.
After each event all the emails we receive about the event are compiled and we have a debrief meeting were the salient points are raised, discussed and notes made in the production file for the next years event.

I have never pretended that I know everything or that the event cannot be improved, and have actively looked for feedback.
When organising an event there is a tendancy 'not to see the wood for the trees' as there is such a lot to do. With feedback things change and improve at a much faster rate.
Having said that I also know that you cannot please everybody all the time.

Moving on to Lilys points: I think that improvements in the facilities, lighting and layout of the changing rooms will help alleviate some of the problems raised regarding costumes etc.
Space is always going to be an issue in this venue and we can't get away from that.

Regarding toilets: I have included the following clause in the terms and conditiopns of hire
"A designated cleaner will be on hand all during the event whose sole purpose is to continually check the toilets and keep them stocked with toilet paper, soap and hand towels.
Said cleaner will have a radio so should there be any problems in any of the toilets they can deal with then as a matter of utmost urgency."

So Lily, being a Legal Eagle, maybe you can help me sue them if the toilets are a mess this year!!

We are always on the look out for venues for events and will continue to look for an alternative for the Champs.
Again, if anybody has any suggestions then please let me know.
I followed up all leads passed on last year, and have already recieved a pm with a suggestion this year.

Thanks
David

bradders
22nd-March-2004, 04:42 PM
Its all gone very quiet!
No more comments/suggestions?
:flower:

Daisy
22nd-March-2004, 05:15 PM
Have sent you a private message.

Jane.

Andy McGregor
22nd-March-2004, 05:19 PM
Its all gone very quiet!
No more comments/suggestions?
:flower:

Since you ask, how about the judging?

How will we be judged?
Who will be judging us?
How well qualified are the judges to be judging?
Who will be scrutineering the judges?
Will the judging be based on the grossly unfair 'ranked by raw score' method or will the more normal 'skating method' used in ballroom be used?
Will there be the normal bias towards tall, good looking, young competitors or will us short, ugly, old blokes get a fair chance?
Will the DJ play tracks to the end or will they miss out the last bit like they did in my heat last year?:devil:

One practical suggestion I've got is that a pathway onto the floor is kept clear for competitors to get on for their heat - maybe something like the crosshatched area at traffic junctions. Last year we had to push our way through the crowds to get onto the floor for our heats. This was easy for us guys with unfeasibly muscled forearms but must have been a problem for mere mortals - than again, maybe that was part of the test:wink:

spindr
22nd-March-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
Will the DJ play tracks to the end or will they miss out the last bit like they did in my heat last year?:devil:

Turn the volume up for the "Old Gits" competition...
...I SAID TURN THE VOLUME UP FOR THE "OLD GITS" COMPETITION :devil:

SpinDr.

Pammy
22nd-March-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by spindr
Turn the volume up for the "Old Gits" competition...
...I SAID TURN THE VOLUME UP FOR THE "OLD GITS" COMPETITION :devil:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 02:53 PM
"Will the DJ play tracks to the end or will they miss out the last bit like they did in my heat last year?"

Please elaborate because I have no idea what you are talking about ???

Erick

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ericklondon
Please elaborate because I have no idea what you are talking about ???

Erick

The end of the track comes when the dj hasn't done anything and there is no longer any noise coming out of the speakers:devil:

In some tracks there is a gap near the end and then the music starts up again - this is what happened in my heat at the Ceroc champs last year. Even the compere said 'shouldn't there be a bit more on the end of that track' - the dj could have seen this as a clue:devil:

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 03:28 PM
what heat ?
Open ?
which particular heat ?
Do you remember what the tracks were...??

I do remember the particular incident and will most likely refer you to my explanation given last year when the problem was mentioned...

Erick

Ps: "The end of the track comes when the dj hasn't done anything and there is no longer any noise coming out of the speakers "

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2004, 03:43 PM
what heat ?
Open ?
which particular heat ?
Do you remember what the tracks were...??

It was one of the semi-final heats of the open, don't remember which one. It was the one where a guy dressed a Popeye had a plan for a dramatic ending which was never seen as the music ended too early:tears:

Ps: "The end of the track comes when the dj hasn't done anything and there is no longer any noise coming out of the speakers "

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

You asked how you know where the end of a track is - I just gave a straight answer:confused:

So, how about this year? Will tracks be played to the end? IMHO, if a track is going to be shortened it should start part way through rather than end early as many dancers time their last moves to end with the music - preferably, we'd get a whole track.

spindr
23rd-March-2004, 03:58 PM
I was going to ask Andy whether he thought that the extra 30 seconds or so would have made any difference to his marks. But then, if you spend time in the track getting in the right "timing" for a "big finale" that doesn't happen -- then you're penalised to an extent against couples who simply throw in as many "big" moves as early as possible in the track.

I guess it should be made clear in the entry conditions whether competitors can expect a complete track, or whether music simply gets cut once judges are happy that they have seen enough to mark everyone.

Maybe you should add that to your specimen rules Andy?

SpinDr.

Lounge Lizard
23rd-March-2004, 04:03 PM
well Andy with postings like that looks like you will p*ss of the DJ's abd Judjes at the Ceroc comp, I suggest at the start of your heat you kick the other comptitors as well.....cos you dont want to miss anyone out ......assuming you are entering again this year
pp

Pammy
23rd-March-2004, 04:04 PM
Maybe you should add that to your specimen ... Andy?

Ewwwwww :sick:

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 04:14 PM
hey Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

" You asked how you know where the end of a track is - I just gave a straight answer "

I never asked for anything, I just ask you to elaborate, been in this business to long to know, when a track ends... not quite sure when it starts though... :wink:

Anyway, I have been having a full investigation and this is what has come out.....

I remember your outfit very well but cannot place which particular heat your were in.
I have checked the tracks that I played on both heats on the day and as far as I remember it all went ok... apart from ONE !!

I was having major problems with the DAT player. All I can do is apologise...
:blush:

I will be looking out/forward to your great finish this year.... :wink:

Will you be wearing a different outfit ? Please do not do what The Tramp does... ie: where the same outfit 5 years in a row !!

As for the music for this year.... I will not be using DAT tapes and I will make sure that all tracks finish when they are supposed to !!

Make sure you come and say hello BEFORE the competion starts.

Erick

TheTramp
23rd-March-2004, 04:17 PM
Will you be wearing a different outfit ? Please do not do what The Tramp does... ie: where the same outfit 5 years in a row !!
Oooh. Get you. Put your handbag away!!

Anyhow, it's not the same outfit. It's a different black outfit.

Besides, isn't it about the dancing?!? :whistle:

Trampy

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Steve....!!!!

I thought it was GREEN !!!
Or is it a different shade of black...????

My handbag is in the middle of the floor !!
Hope to see you there

Erick

:waycool:

spindr
23rd-March-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
well Andy with postings like that looks like you will p*ss of the DJ's abd Judjes at the Ceroc comp, I suggest at the start of your heat you kick the other comptitors as well.....cos you dont want to miss anyone out ......assuming you are entering again this year
pp

Andy, I can lend you a "Real Men Dance the Lindy Hop" t-shirt if you like -- or will you just be wearing a "Hipsters" one?

SpinDr.

DavidB
23rd-March-2004, 05:09 PM
I was going to ask Andy whether he thought that the extra 30 seconds or so would have made any difference to his marks.Sometimes I need every last second to make my mind up where to place people. Every time I have judged there have been people who are very easy to place (ie noticably better or worse than everyone else, or dance off time!), and some who are almost impossible to separate.
- In the heats I try to consider how my selection compares across the heats. I want to pick the best 10 from 2 heats, not the best 5 in each heat.
- In the final I will constantly be checking my placings to make sure I'm happy.
So those extra 30 seconds can make a lot of difference.

Having said that, you don't need to finish with a 'big' move. So many people end with a drop that you sometimes notice the couple that haven't done one!

One thing I would like from the DJ is music that allows me to compare and contrast the dancers. Eg if you get 2 songs then I'd like two completely different styles (eg swing and latin). Then in the next round I'd like two different styles again (eg urban and blues). I'd also like a range of tempos, but this should weighted towards what normally gets played, and not just the extremes. But if you get multiple heats within a round, then there should be consistency across each heat. Not necessarily the same tracks, but tracks of the same type/tempo. Then I can compare couples from one heat to the next.

(I can't remember too much about the music last year. I was too busy trying to take photos. This is more a general comment.)

David

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
well Andy with postings like that looks like you will p*ss off the DJ's and Judges at the Ceroc comp. I suggest at the start of your heat you kick the other competitors as well... ..cos you don't want to miss anyone out ..assuming you are entering again this year.
pp

[couch mode][German accent] Now students, we must consider why the patient has chosen to take offence on behalf of another person. Does he feel responsible in some way for that person? Or does he believe he should talk for all DJs? Maybe he thinks other people can't speak for themselves. With further probing we can get to the root cause of this person's troubles and hopefully release all that anger he's expending on an argument that has nothing to do with him as an individual. And in this particular circumstance the most telling factor is that the patient has tried to create an argument out of a fun debate between two people who aren't even arguing - discuss, in no less than 3,000 words and hand in by next Tuesday[/couchmode][/German accent]

I was having major problems with the DAT player. All I can do is apologise...
:blush:

Apology accepted, I'm glad you've identified where the problem lies. I didn't think any experienced DJ could have done that on purpose:flowers:

This is the reason I don't enter in my birthday suit. My outfit would stay the same each year, just look more and more in need of a good ironing:tears:

After Blackpool I will be considering my outfits for Hammersmith very carefully...

As for the music for this year.... I will not be using DAT tapes and I will make sure that all tracks finish when they are supposed to !!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Make sure you come and say hello BEFORE the competion starts.

Erick

I'll look forward to it:hug:

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 06:05 PM
DavidB... I see Frank has made you The Oracle... How apt !!:wink:

If you had spent more time listening to the music intead of taking pictures - your quote - you would have noticed that in ALL the finals I choose 2 tracks of differerent styles which allows the competitors to " express " themselves to each particular style...

I can provide you with the last 5 years competitions tracks as evidence.

See you there....

Erick

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 06:17 PM
Note for the readers:
DavidB has never judge any of The Ceroc Championships.

Mary
23rd-March-2004, 06:31 PM
DavidB... I see Frank has made you The Oracle... How apt !!:wink:

If you had spent more time listening to the music intead of taking pictures - your quote - you would have noticed that in ALL the finals I choose 2 tracks of differerent styles which allows the competitors to " express " themselves to each particular style...

I can provide you with the last 5 years competitions tracks as evidence.

See you there....

Erick

I always agree with everything The Oracle says (well just about) :worthy: :worthy: However, in Erick's defence the 2 tracks in the Intermediate Final were of differing speeds and styles - I thought they were well chosen and allowed us to dance completely differently to each track (not that we particularly did:wink: ). Can't be certain about the other categories but I seem to remember they followed a similar pattern.

So I think, maybe, that Erick and DavidB are talking the same language on this one.:whistle:

M

DavidB
23rd-March-2004, 06:38 PM
Note for the readers:
DavidB has never judge any of The Ceroc Championships. I'm not qualified enough to judge the Ceroc Championships.

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 06:46 PM
David....
I would beg to differ on that one...
Enough said me thinks before I get into LOADS of trouble !!

Hope to see you there... and Mary too !!

Erick

Ps: I will be visiting the Palais tomorrow morning with Bradders and I am sure we will get back to you with any changes in the venue... I hope the trees have gone.....

TheTramp
23rd-March-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey Steve....!!!!

I thought it was GREEN !!!
Or is it a different shade of black...????

My handbag is in the middle of the floor !!
Hope to see you there Nah. I only wore green once. I usually wear black. It is slimming you know!!

Looks like I may be coming after all, so I'll see you in the middle for a dance around your handbag!! :D

Trampy

DavidB
23rd-March-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry - that sounded a bit sarcastic.

Ceroc have spent a lot of time establishing the CTA as their own standard that they strongly believe in. It makes perfect sense for their own competition to use this standard for their judges.

I have no wish to do the CTA - even if I could pass the audition. This is no reflection on the CTA, but instead a result of what I want to get out of my own dancing and teaching.

David

ericklondon
23rd-March-2004, 07:13 PM
David,

Thsi is only your personal perception and there was no sarcasm intended...

As for Ceroc, I have been working as Head of music for 7 years now and I am very much aware of what is what as regards to the CTA blah blah...

Now can we all be nice and talk about the Champs....

Erick

Ps: It was a compliment.... chill out man !!

:devil: :waycool:

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2004, 08:58 PM
Andy, I can lend you a "Real Men Dance the Lindy Hop" t-shirt if you like -- or will you just be wearing a "Hipsters" one?

SpinDr.

Do they do Hipsters t-shirts? I've seen the 'Hipsters Hot Shots' at Blackpool and don't need to align myself to them:wink:

And what makes you think I want to be a 'real man'?:devil:

Speaking personally, I don't do t-shirts. I see them as something you wear under a wetsuit to stop it from chafing your armpits. You could probably wear them when you're cleaning the car. T-shirts aren't for wearing out, they look scruffy and may be worn with jeans - something else I don't think belongs in a gentleman dancer's wardrobe.

But I can understand the sentiment behind spindr's offer and I am very grateful:hug: :hug:

Mary
23rd-March-2004, 09:02 PM
I wonder if spindr was referring to the 'Sters shirts? Can't think who came up with those T-shirts.:devil: :devil: :whistle:

M

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2004, 09:27 PM
I wonder if spindr was referring to the 'Sters shirts? Can't think who came up with those T-shirts.:devil: :devil: :whistle:

M

Peer group pressure is a powerful thing. Besides, 'sters shirts are now a new art-form.

p.s. M'ster, what are you doing in? You should be out practicing for our performance in the Advanced Section of the Ceroc Champs - if it's OK with everyone for us to enter at this level:devil:

Daisy
23rd-March-2004, 09:40 PM
Note for the readers:
DavidB has never judge any of The Ceroc Championships.

Wish he had !!!:whistle:

TheTramp
24th-March-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
p.s. M'ster, what are you doing in? You should be out practicing for our performance in the Advanced Section of the Ceroc Champs - if it's OK with everyone for us to enter at this level:devil: Nope. It's way too high for you. You should be in the intermediate at best. There isn't a beginners is there??

Though, I suppose that you may be 'dragged' up a level by having such a good partner!!

Trampy

Andy McGregor
24th-March-2004, 10:20 AM
Nope. It's way too high for you. You should be in the intermediate at best. There isn't a beginners is there??

Though, I suppose that you may be 'dragged' up a level by having such a good partner!!

Trampy

Is the Tramp saying that I'm a beginner - just like him?

High praise indeed:worthy:

Pammy
24th-March-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Daisy
Wish he had !!!:whistle:

Ah yes, the great Oracle :worthy:

Actually I should point out that I have joined Wendy's Oracle Dreams club (I think it was Wendy that had the dream about being with David in a car).

Anyway, he appeared in my dream the other night with a large easter egg :what: :really:

Peter
26th-April-2004, 10:47 AM
The floor is scrubbed and washed after the School Disco.
(Lots of drunk people partially dress in school uniforms, apparently it is a real meat market... but I have never been!!!) The cleaners come in at about 3.30am. I will request that the floor gets buffed. I am sure they have the appropriate equipment.
(Also have to ensure it does not end up like an ice rink after buffing).

Can you reassure us that the dance floor WILL be buffed and in good condition?

Chicklet
26th-April-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Ah yes, the great Oracle :worthy:

Actually I should point out that I have joined Wendy's Oracle Dreams club (I think it was Wendy that had the dream about being with David in a car).

Anyway, he appeared in my dream the other night with a large easter egg :what: :really:

ME TOOO, on Friday 23rd April, in a chalet, I dreamed that I was in a one to one class with David for a new thing " man vaulting"

The lady takes a short run, jumps onto a springboard (proper gymnastic one) and lands in a fab pose, atop the man, who holds here there for x seconds after which she dismounts, there are extra points awarded for a clean dismount.

It was one fab class!!!!:waycool:

(apologies for inserting this post into a completely unconnected thread but isn't it quiet in here today!!)
C:D

ericklondon
26th-April-2004, 11:27 AM
Just to let everyone know...
I have just finished all the champs 2004 music..
If you'd like to know what it is... please send me a cheque for £500 per heat you are inquiring about and I will let you know !!

See you all next week.

Erick
:grin:

Bill
26th-April-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
ME TOOO, on Friday 23rd April, in a chalet, I dreamed that I was in a one to one class with David for a new thing " man vaulting"

C:D

And are you entering the comp to do this move :rolleyes: ....Chickie ...you just get worse - ..............which is why we all love your posts :flower: :D

Chicklet
26th-April-2004, 11:38 AM
well specially for you Bill, I'd better add, before anyone wonders, there were no "poles" involved!!!!! - think about it......

Bill
26th-April-2004, 11:39 AM
Just to let everyone know...
I ahve just finished all the champs 2004 music..
If you'd like to know what it is... please send me a cheque for £500 per heat you are inquiring about and I will let you know !!

See you all next week.

Erick

Don't have a spare £500................. but it wouldn't help anyway :sick: ............ but can we have lots of really slow tracks please so I don't break out in a sweat - and especially for any Old Gits so they don't get too tired too early.

Thank you :flower:

Bill
26th-April-2004, 11:41 AM
and is it too early/ too late to post the excuses ( reasons) why some of us failed to get through the first round ?????? I have a quite a comprehensive list already :rolleyes: :whistle:

ericklondon
26th-April-2004, 11:44 AM
People don't get through the 1st round because they are obviously not good enough to get through !!!
:cool:

what category are you entering Bill...?

The Old gits have old git music.... :rofl:

Erick

Emma
26th-April-2004, 11:51 AM
The Old gits have old git music.... :rofl: Boogie Woggie Choo Choo Train and Burning Love? *evil grin*

ericklondon
26th-April-2004, 11:55 AM
oh my god Emma... !!
How did you guess ????

How's the sex education coming on ?

Emma
26th-April-2004, 12:42 PM
oh my god Emma... !!
How did you guess ????Heh: just talented, eh? :wink: (Besides, I know you have an evil mind!!)

How's the sex education coming on ? Still looking for a decent tutor, mate :waycool:

ericklondon
26th-April-2004, 12:46 PM
don't ask Dan... I heard him and sex don't mix !!

We've booked ambulances... just in case !!
The funny thing is... I am sure that they are the tracks I picked !!
Will have to check :rofl:

Emma
26th-April-2004, 01:44 PM
don't ask Dan... I heard him and sex don't mix !!:rofl: wouldn't know - though the evidence to the contrary is 7 months old and cute as hell (takes after his mother!!) :wink:

We've booked ambulances... just in case !!
The funny thing is... I am sure that they are the tracks I picked !!
Will have to check :rofl: See, blinkin told you you should hire me! :wink:

ericklondon
26th-April-2004, 01:55 PM
wouldn't know - though the evidence to the contrary is 7 months old and cute as hell (takes after his mother!!)

IVF.... ???

:sick:

Erick

Bill
26th-April-2004, 02:49 PM
People don't get through the 1st round because they are obviously not good enough to get through !!!
:cool:

what category are you entering Bill...?

The Old gits have old git music.... :rofl:

Erick

Not being good enough was at the bottom of the list but keeping it as the ultimate excuse :sick:

In the Double Trouble again along with the Advanced and the Old Gits ..............and yes I know you're about to say that you can't believe I'm anyway near old enough to enter :rolleyes: :whistle: - but I am :what:

Well at least in the DT we have a very good chance of finishing in the top 5 :D

Minnie M
26th-April-2004, 09:18 PM
.....please send me a cheque for £500 per heat you are inquiring about and I will let you know !!

will you take a post dated cheque:innocent: :whistle:

ericklondon
26th-April-2004, 11:51 PM
well... It would be nice to have the cash in advance so that I could get myself a nice outfit for the champs....

You see my point ?
Plus... the cheque might bounce, and where would that leave me...???

I do take credit cards as well......:grin:

Erick

:waycool:

ChrisA
27th-April-2004, 09:45 AM
Has anyone emailed the champs enquiry address 'enquiries@cerocchamps.com' about anything and received a reply?

I sent them a question on 15th March and have heard nothing.

Chris

Jayne
27th-April-2004, 09:47 AM
I want to know if we'll be marked up or down for style if we start with a big "C" and have lots of bouncing hand action going on... :devil:

J :nice:

ericklondon
27th-April-2004, 09:54 AM
Has anyone emailed the champs enquiry address 'enquiries@cerocchamps.com' about anything and received a reply?

what was your question Chris ?
I'll see if I can answer it for you ?
The email address is the correct one though.