PDA

View Full Version : Debster's farewell party - 30 April

Debster
12th-March-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey guys! I'll be leaving this hemisphere kinda soon, :( so I thought it would be appropriate, and fun, to have a dancing farwell party. :D

I would love to see any and all of you at Twyford on Friday night, April 30th. Yep, that's Billco and Bex venue, right before the UK Ceroc champs on the Sunday.

It will be a great chance to say bye :tears: and thanks :flower: for all the great dancing over the last 3 years. Ceroc / Modern Jive has been the absolute highlight of my time living in the UK, and it wouldn't have been possible without YOU!

I might even be allowed to 'influence' the class to be taught, so don't expect anything ordinary... :wink:

In fact - thinking on the spot - there ought to be a theme... what else could it be but SPARKLES!!?!!?!!

Yes, yes it is all coming together... this is going to be lots of fun (well it better be lots of fun to make up for how sad it is going to be not to be dancing with you all anymore!)

So will ya come huh? Will ya? Will ya huh? Please?? :clap:

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Debster
So will ya come huh? Will ya? Will ya huh? Please?? :clap:

:clap: :clap:

They'd have to chain me down to stop me.

:flower: :flower: :flower:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Mary
12th-March-2004, 04:16 PM
SPARKLES! Wow, yes, I'll be there. I'll even bring the King Prawn.:clap: :clap:

M

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 04:17 PM
how sad it is going to be not to be dancing with you anymore!

.........:yeah:

:tears:

Daisy
12th-March-2004, 06:35 PM
I t's pretty certain that Ray & I will be there. I'll even get Ray to wear hs sparkly trousers....just for you!

LOL Jane x

Debster
12th-March-2004, 08:05 PM
Ah, such lovely and sparkle-devoted friends are to be had here ;)
:D

Andy McGregor
13th-March-2004, 04:42 PM
I will spend weeks shopping for a suitably sparkly outfit:waycool:

Debster
15th-March-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I will spend weeks shopping for a suitably sparkly outfit:waycool:
Can an outfit THAT sparkly be bought off the rack??!?

So I take it you'll be there then?? Cool ! :cool: :D

Bex
17th-March-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Debster & All!!

Blimey, sparkly outfits, definitely an excuse to buy something new!!

Billco is going to see if we can get Loddon Hall until midnight to make it even more worthwhile for the Londoner's venturing out into the sticks for your leaving do!

Hope everyone's got it in their diaries its going to be a cracking (but sad) night!!

Bex

ChrisA
17th-March-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Bex
Billco is going to see if we can get Loddon Hall until midnight to make it even more worthwhile for the Londoner's venturing out into the sticks for your leaving do!

Midnight???

An early finish, then :tears:

I suppose I'll still drag myself out there, seeing as it's for Debstar. :rolleyes:

Chris

Pammy
17th-March-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
I suppose I'll still drag myself out there...

I bet a fruit and nut bar could clinch the deal :wink:

Doc Iain
17th-March-2004, 12:43 PM
Gonna try my hardest to get there!!!....
Will be a sad sad day though...but a FAB night!!
:cheers: :whistle: :clap:

Debster
18th-March-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks Bex! Much appreciated. :hug:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It will be great to see you all there... :flower:

Div is quiet... I hope she and TwK will make it too, I hear Twk will be on music... coooool!

Divissima
18th-March-2004, 08:17 PM
We will be there! As if I'd miss sparkle opportunities! :wink:

Debster
18th-March-2004, 08:32 PM
Phew!
You had me worried for a minute... ;)

Divissima
23rd-April-2004, 12:36 PM
... sparkling up my outfit.

Only one week to go - that's a lot of sparkles to stick!!!

spindr
23rd-April-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Only one week to go - that's a lot of sparkles to stick!!!

Good reason to choose one with less material then :)

Jayne
23rd-April-2004, 01:11 PM
I've been putting sparkles on my outfit too!

:clap:

J :nice:

Divissima
23rd-April-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, really Neil :really: :wink:
If you're prepared to go skimpy, then I am too. Is it a deal?

Jayne - hurray!!! And will you have your gorgeous new sparkly shoes???

spindr
23rd-April-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, really Neil :really: :wink:
If you're prepared to go skimpy, then I am too. Is it a deal?

One sparkle apiece then???

Sheepman
23rd-April-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Bex
until midnight Now if it could be 1 a.m. I could get there in time for a few dances after finishing work :tears:

Greg

Divissima
23rd-April-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by saucy Spindr:
One sparkle apiece then???Apiece on where??

Better not let that thought wander around my head for too long :sick: What would constitute a suitably skimpy outfit for a man - diamante encrusted speedos? Glittery string vests?

spindr
23rd-April-2004, 02:02 PM
Better not let that thought wander around my head for too long :sick: What would constitute a suitably skimpy outfit for a man - diamante encrusted speedos? Glittery string vests?

Topless?

Jayne
23rd-April-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by spindr
Topless?
With sparkly nipple protectors? :what:

Originally posted by the Lovely Divissima
ooo I hope so! I'm hoping that they'll appear tomorrow.... Such excitement! :cool: (you'll need the sunnies as protection against the reflected light off my shoes!)

spindr
23rd-April-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
With sparkly nipple protectors? :what:

Maybe this'll keep you happy (6.7Mb):
http://www.salsamafia.com/video/OrvilleIsrael.mov from http://www.salsamafia.com.

SpinDr.

P.S. I hasten to add that's not me -- I wouldn't be seen dead in a mid-calf length grass skirt -- sooo last season :)

Jayne
23rd-April-2004, 02:39 PM
THEY'VE ARRIVED!!!

Between new shoes and come dancing I'm ready to explode!!!

Divissima
23rd-April-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Spindr:
Topless?Well, 'skimpy' to me means there has to be something there, even if it's barely there. So maybe a flesh coloured mesh cut-off top (same length as Hillel wore in his and Deb's showcase last year) :yum:

And as for shoes, Jayne. I can only envy your excitement - I'm definitely going to have to go to HDS soon....

Debster
27th-April-2004, 02:00 PM
OK, enough, enough! More fabric so we can have more sparkles PLEASE!!

Get ready!

It's THIS FRIDAY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We have the hall for dancing until midnight - yay! thanks Billco!

I wanted to teach the 'Kylie move' in the class, but someone said that might be a bit impractical!!??!!:tears:

I should add venue details but am afraid I might get it wrong... any help there from Bex maybe?

Jayne
27th-April-2004, 02:10 PM
OK, enough, enough! More fabric so we can have more sparkles PLEASE!!

I have attached over two metres of sparkles to my trousers and the new sparkly shoes will be in action.

I'm ready!

J :clap:

Divissima
27th-April-2004, 02:14 PM
I got distracted and didn't do any sparkle-sticking. I'm behind schedule :tears:

Divissima
27th-April-2004, 02:17 PM
Found Bex's directions from an old thread:

Directions from the M4. Exit at Jct 8/9 and take the A404 signposted Maidenhead.

Take the 2nd exit off the A404 at the Thicket Roundabout and turn left, signposted A4 Reading & Twyford.

Follow the A4 for about 5 miles, you'll go through Knowl Hill, Hurst etc and a few mini roundabouts. When you get to Wyevale Garden Centre which will be on your right hand side, turn left into London Road (A3032 Twyford/Ruscombe). Follow the road until you come into a residential area approx 1 mile. Take the 2nd right into Loddon Hall Road and the hall will be found on the left at the back of the car park.

Hope that all made sense, any problems call 07980 556560 and we'll guide you in!!!

See you there,
Bex

Debster
27th-April-2004, 02:17 PM
I got distracted and didn't do any sparkle-sticking. I'm behind schedule :tears: Distracted from Sparkles??!! Are you OK??:what:

hey - and thanks for the directions from Bex :flower:

stewart38
27th-April-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bex

Hope everyone's got it in their diaries its going to be a cracking (but sad) night!!

Bex

Did you get the extension ?

Im in between chesham and Tywford and have never been to Twyford

Divissima
27th-April-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Debster:
Distracted from Sparkles??!! Are you OK??
I haven't been feeling quite myself recently, it's true.

However, normal service will return shortly. I still have Thursday night for last ditch sparkly sticking...

... and if all else fails, there's still the team costume! :clap:

Debster
27th-April-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Did you get the extension ?

Im in between chesham and Tywford and have never been to Twyford

Yes we got the extension, and if you are considering coming along - I highly recommend trying out this fab venue on Friday. It should be great fun. :cheers:

Bex
27th-April-2004, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stewart38
[B]Did you get the extension ?

Yes, we've got an extension until midnight, which is great. The bar will shut at the normal time of 11pm though, so we'll need to remember to a few in before it shuts. However, we will be doing complimentary tea, coffee and cookies around 11pm anyway!!

Should be a great night, looking forward to it!

Bex

Divissima
29th-April-2004, 01:09 PM
Tomorrow night is going to be a stormer :waycool: :clap:

Definitely a case of sparkle to impress :grin:

Better get started on my top tonight then :really:

TheTramp
29th-April-2004, 01:11 PM
Better get started on my top tonight then :really: Me too then!! :D

Trampy

Andy McGregor
29th-April-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Me too then!! :D

Trampy

Who's top do you mean?:confused:

Your own or Divissima's:devil:

Divissima
29th-April-2004, 01:22 PM
:what:

Zebra Woman
30th-April-2004, 03:28 PM
My friend Karen and I are considering coming to Twyford tonight to say hello and then goodbye to Debster!!

Sparkles are no problem. We are a little worried about the Bank Holiday traffic combined with the M25 roadworks, we're coming down from MK.

Anyway, we are hoping to join you...and if we're not there, we'll be looking very sparkly and glamourous on the M25 :sick:

Have a great night:grin:

Divissima
30th-April-2004, 03:55 PM
Hope to see you there with minimal traffic-hassle!
La Diva!

Barry Shnikov
30th-April-2004, 08:05 PM
...I'm just setting off now!!!

Jon L
1st-May-2004, 12:20 AM
Debster - nice dancing with you and good luck for the future

Sorry I missed the last night - I was at work

Best wishes
Jon :nice:

Andy McGregor
1st-May-2004, 02:31 AM
Wow!

What a great night in Twyford. I'm so pleased that people decided to glitter. Debsters glittery jacket was fab and probably the most glittery garment I've ever seen - if the people who discovered America has carried that jacket they could have bought the whole Indian nation with it!

Just 2 or 3 'Debsters Last Nights' to go.

And I met Zebra Woman - that girl can wiggle better than me - or just about anyone now I think about it:waycool:

Debster
1st-May-2004, 02:20 PM
Well, thanks for coming everyone. Especially those of you who travelled long distances to be there.

:flower:

I was told it was the largest number of people that they have ever had there on a Friday, so I'll pretend it was a compliment that people came for my farewell :clap: (and not just because it was your last practise before the champs, or just plain convenient to the long weekend). ;)

Great to meet you Zebra woman and Karen. Thanks for sparkling with me, especially early in the evening. :flower:

And thank-you Andy for your contribution too. I'm glad you like the jacket. :D You can see why I haven't worn that and the matching dress at the same time... we'd all be blinded. :waycool:

And OK so it wasn't my last dance ever... it was my last demo and my last Twyford. No more Hipsters for me either. Just one comp, one social and one T-Jive to go....

Divissima
1st-May-2004, 07:51 PM
What a great night at Twyford last night :clap: :waycool:

So sparkly - and just the most fantastic music :yum:

I even managed a couple of dances with the mighty Robert Winter.... :drool:

Great to meet Zebra Woman and Karen - and so many wonderful forumites there... :grin:

Zebra Woman
2nd-May-2004, 12:38 PM
What a night! It was so worth the 3hr drive. I would have driven for longer....Thank you everyone for making us so welcome, Karen and I had a fantastic night. Fab music, and dancing. We enjoyed meeting Divissima and Debster, and putting many other names to faces. Being so sparkly and in the minority was very funny and sort of helped!! We like to be different.

It was great to dance with Bill after months of deprivation....and Trampy, Robert Winter (for the first time), DavidB, Andy, Will, and so many others...

Thanks for the wiggling compliment Andy, I don't always wiggle like that, I was just trying to keep up with you, and as you're so obviously in touch with your feminine side , it wasn't easy!! I have to say that I couldn't take my eyes of Kate's wiggle, very distracting.

Toby, thank you for living up to your excellent reputation, brilliant music. I will come and dance on the stage again as you're so worth it.

And Debster, thanks for making the announcement here on the Forum, otherwise I wouldn't have known. I'm so glad I didn't miss out, it was a really special night.

Goodbye and Good Luck!

Alison :hug:

Toby wan Kenobe
4th-May-2004, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zebra Woman

Toby, thank you for living up to your excellent reputation, brilliant music. I will come and dance on the stage again as you're so worth it.

Alison,
Wow, so very nice of you to say :flower:

... the last time I had a reputation, I ended having to report to the headmaster... :whistle:

I'm delighted that you liked the music and that you braved the dazzling light show to come up on the stage!! Looking forward to our next dance.

Toby