PDA

View Full Version : Swearing

CJ
12th-March-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm proposing that "Hipsters" becomes a "sweary word" and therefor, a contraband term. Only for use in whispered conversation in dark corners...

Nevr know, it might even make some of the luvvie-ins remotely interesting for others to read!?!

So, should the word "Hipsters" be included in the swearing, therefor blacked out, list?

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 01:52 PM
I don't understand why you Scottish types get so steamed up about it.

If it's so annoying, move it to Chit Chat rather than Social events and then just ignore it. You don't have to read it even now - and it is pretty quiet now, in comparison with a few months ago.

We might have Jon Brett and Roger as DJs every week. :waycool:

We might have the good fortune to get Amir, Nigel and Viktor teaching every week. :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

But it didn't help the English at Blackpool, so shut your whingeing... :devil:

It also has all the pervs, by the sound of it, and the most packed floor, and the most inconsiderate dancers. :tears: :tears:

So chill, darling and greatly esteemed Scottish types.

:hug: :flower:

Chris

Sheepman
12th-March-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
I'm proposing that "Hipsters" becomes a "sweary word" Well they did just that on the (defunct) Ceroc London forum.
I can't see Franck wanting to follow that precedent!

Greg

CJ
12th-March-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
I don't understand why you Scottish types get so steamed up about it.

So chill, darling and greatly esteemed Scottish types.

:hug: :flower:

Chris

I don't know why you English types get so defensive about it.

And anyway, I'm not a steamed kinda guy: more gently flambed (can't find an "e acute" character.) Did everyone miss the tongue in cheek tone?!?

To be honest, Chris, I hadn't seen you over react in a while, and thought I'd give you the opportunity. I hope you accepted it with as much grace as it was given.:wink:

So, go have fun; laugh; be merry and don't forget to extract the michael every now and then...

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 02:26 PM
To be honest, Chris, I hadn't seen you over react in a while, and thought I'd give you the opportunity. I hope you accepted it with as much grace as it was given.:wink:

Franck, we soooooooooo need a two finger (preferably a one finger) smiley....

:devil: :rofl:

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 02:33 PM
Did everyone miss the tongue in cheek tone?!?
Actually (please forgive me for being serious, I'll try not to do it too often.. :wink: ), I thought I had noticed some genuine irritation from northern parts over the last few months directed at an assumed arrogance on the part of some of us re Hipsters...

... so I kind of wondered if this was something to do with that.

Sorry if I'm being paranoid... :flower:

... though just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you :D :D

Chris

Jayne
12th-March-2004, 02:46 PM
I thought I had noticed some genuine irritation from northern parts over the last few months directed at an assumed arrogance on the part of some of us re Hipsters...
I'd noticed this too - irrespective of which side of the border I was living on.

J :innocent:

CJ
12th-March-2004, 02:49 PM
There is a slight dig there, but nothing serious. (I was hoping the poll options would have conveyed the non-seriousness of it all.)

I've read some good stuff from Hipsters peeps, and some inane drivel. The "are you going, good cos I'm going and we can all have ribena" stuff is a smidgeon disengaging.

That said, have enjoyed meeting and dancing with Hipsters people.

Was just tail twisting in my own inimitable fashion. I genuinely hope it didn't offend, but if it did, it can only add to the legend that Hipster people APPARENTLY take themselves a little seriously sometimes. Not that I am agreeing OR disagreeing with that belief...:devil:

For all I do come out with the odd serious post, most of them are just plain odd.:what:

I'd dread to think if all the people who had experienced even the slightest mickey take on this forum from CJ were stood up head to toe. Why, at least one would fall off.

anyway... be afraid, be scared, be paranoid even. Just don't think you're that important.

How'd the song go?

Something something something... you probably think this song is about you. Mm, can't think. Anyone?

Chicklet
12th-March-2004, 03:00 PM
CJ's just having a day of catching up with a month's worth of the kind of posting he used to be doing on the hour every hour. He's mostly harmless.:na:

I agree that there was a lot of Hipsters stuff for a while but it was no worse or more luvvie really than the Northerners do for some of our own dos sometimes.

*chickie serious on*
Personal opinion is that it would be shoot_in_the_foot_raging_hypocrytical of this forum to go out actively encouraging new members from the rest of the country and then deride them for talking about the venues and subjects that are important to them.

I for one would love to go to Hipsters to see what it's all about and hope to make it one fine day.:D

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 03:05 PM
and some inane drivel.Wot, on a dance forum??? Surely not.. :rofl:

you probably think this song is about you. Mm, can't think. Anyone? You're so vain, Carly Simon. Fab song. The funny thing was, it obviously was about him.

And if I had a LearJet I'd fly it to Nova Scotia to see a total eclipse of the sun...

Chris

CJ
12th-March-2004, 03:08 PM
You're so vain, Carly Simon. Fab song. The funny thing was, it obviously was about him.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

I don't have a dictionary here. Can anyone define irony?

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 03:13 PM
Can anyone define irony?
Duhhhhhhhhh.

:blush:

[sounds of busy shovelling]

Stuart M
12th-March-2004, 03:27 PM
Chris, until you've demoed on a stage, which CJ is standing at the decks beside, you'll never really appreciate the full subtlety of his windups. As someone who's personally had to endure:

elastic bands
paper airplanes
obscene gestures
flirting
bad record cues
strange noises (oh wait, that's the records :D )
silver paper
disruptive counting (he has this down to a fine art)

...I can fully attest to his peerless abilities on this front (well, there has to be something to compensate for his DJing).

No wonder poor Mairi's bonkers :what:

Jayne
12th-March-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
As someone who's personally had to endure:
elastic bands
paper airplanes
obscene gestures
flirting
bad record cues
strange noises (oh wait, that's the records :D )
silver paper
disruptive counting (he has this down to a fine art)
He's not done the giggling thing with you then?

J :flower:

CJ
12th-March-2004, 03:35 PM
So that I know what Stuart is answering, is that giggling or jiggling?

I like to know what Ive done!!:innocent:

My other fave was with Sheena @ BB: poor girl was convinced she had some kind of mark on her face at the side of her mouth for the first few moves of the class.

One other point of order: I have never, EVER used paper aeroplanes...

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 03:35 PM
full subtlety of his windups .Well, as an Englishman and a Hipsters dancer, I am obviously more discerning than most... :whistle:
... so I think I'm getting a pretty accurate impression of it :rofl:

Chris

PS Did I just lose the sympathy vote? :waycool:

Stuart M
12th-March-2004, 03:42 PM
One other point of order: I have never, EVER used paper aeroplanes...
Retracted :blush:

Though that's probably only 'cos they don't bruise :devil:

Jayne, I haven't had the giggling one yet - thank you so much for reminding him of it :rolleyes:

Jayne
12th-March-2004, 03:46 PM
Jayne, I haven't had the giggling one yet - thank you so much for reminding him of it :rolleyes:
If I had to endure it then so can you!!

J :hug:

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 04:48 PM
:blush:
I think that I may have inadvertantly prompted this thread by a comment (made in jest) on another one.

As has been pointed out above, there was a lot of "hip****s" chit-chat a while ago and it did seemed to invade almost every thread; especially with people chatting were you at hip****s last night and did you see... on threads that had nothing to do with hip****s! :mad:

What made it even more enfuriating {sp?} was that this is the Ceroc Scotland forum and we don't have the chance to have weekly advanced classes :tears: {but we still kick ass at competitions :na: :wink:}

Sorry if it offends, but I thought this thread quite amusing. :D

Jayne
12th-March-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
:What made it even more enfuriating {sp?} was that this is the Ceroc Scotland forum and we don't have the chance to have weekly advanced classes
Three things:

1) Franck's your boss man. If you want weekly or monthly advanced classes, moan at him not other forum members who can't do anything about it.

2) We don't have the chance to get the level of classes that they get in NZ/Australia - but we don't alienate/torment/leg pull the Aussies/NZrs on the forum.

3) if you don't want non-Scots on the forum why advertise it at the UK's premier dance event?

J :angry:

Where's my soapbox?? Oh, it's down there.. Stands back and waits for flaming...

Lory
12th-March-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh dear and I was sooooo looking forward to coming up to *hippin* Scotland in September, (thinking we'd be welcomed and all that) I'm not so *hippin* sure now! :angry: :tears: :tears:

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 05:38 PM
What made it even more enfuriating {sp?} was that this is the Ceroc Scotland forum and we don't have the chance to have weekly advanced classes :tears: {but we still kick ass at competitions :na: :wink:}

Sorry if it offends, but I thought this thread quite amusing. :D Actually you don't seem sorry at all.

It's funny, isn't it - the amount of congratulatory posting that's been going on over the last few days from so many of us English that had the privilege of seeing so much that is good about Scottish dancers over last weekend.

Yet even that clearly means nothing to some, and snide comments like this still creep out.

Is it really such a terrible thing for some of us that happen to have a bloody good time at a dance venue down here to have that enjoyment bubble up and over from time to time?

How thin the veneer of welcome for us on your Scottish forum seems to be.

I find this quite upsetting. :tears:

Fortunately, given the wonderful people I actually had the privilege to meet last weekend from north of the border, I can see that this attitude isn't universal.

And my respect and admiration to Franck for his tireless efforts to make here such a great place for us all. :cheers:

Chris

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 05:40 PM
{can I borrow that soap box?...}

1:a) Hip****s is not {at least I don't think it is} a Ceroc run 'event', so although Franck has Scotland's MJ comunity in hand, it's not soley his bag.
1:b) Hip***s has some of the best MJ teachers in the UK and is attended by some of the best MJ dancers in the UK. Up here we have some excelent teachers and some excelent dancers with no shortage of enthusiasm, BUT I don't think we have either the numbers or the top level coaching to hold such an event sucessfully.
1:b) We manage quite well without a "Hip***s" thank you very much :na:

2: Now don't get me started on the antipedean Ceroc and how there way is better than ours... :devil:

3:a) It just so happens that the most friendly, outgoing and best people to dance with are here and we open our arms to welcome all who want to come and experiance it. Where better to host a forum that holds these ideals to it's core?
3:b) This forum has some of the most advanced and knowledgable MJ people in the world on it; all offering advice, support, thoughts and discusson on all aspects of MJ. As a resource to get you in touch with these people and ask questions, it is second to none. Eveyone should know about it.
3:c)Most folk here are "addicted" to dance and want others to share in this exciting, exillerating and enjoyable passtime - it is advertised by it's members wherever they go as an ambassador to the MJ community.

{you want the box back now?}

Aleks
12th-March-2004, 05:45 PM
{can I borrow that soap box?...}

SNIP!

So your Hippin' lamenting earlier was due to you being bored on a Friday rather than any real gripe about references to this "fabulous" event/place????

Are you using this thread to attempt to persuade someone (Franck?) or organise something similar up here?:wink:

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 05:46 PM
Actually you don't seem sorry at all.
Two things:
1) don't judge all scots or everyone on this forum by what I say in my posts: they are my views.
I was/am amused. And I am sorry that you feel everything is a personal dig at you or your views.

2) Lighten up. Are we scotts just more thick skinned? Must be the weather.

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
So your Hippin' lamenting earlier was due to you being bored on a Friday rather than any real gripe about references to this "fabulous" event/place????
:sigh: jealosy is such a cruel master :tears:

Are you using this thread to attempt to persuade someone (Franck?) or organise something similar up here?:wink:
why the speculation of the notion hadn't even contemplated crossing my mind! :innocent:

but now you mention it,...

Jayne
12th-March-2004, 06:00 PM
1:a) Hipsters is not {at least I don't think it is} a Ceroc run 'event', so although Franck has Scotland's MJ comunity in hand, it's not soley his bag.
Not sure what your point is here.

1:b) Hipsters has some of the best MJ teachers in the UK and is attended by some of the best MJ dancers in the UK. Up here we have some excelent teachers and some excelent dancers with no shortage of enthusiasm, BUT I don't think we have either the numbers or the top level coaching to hold such an event sucessfully.
I disagree. Scotland has some fantastic dancers and I think that it could support a monthly advanced class somewhere - maybe moving around the country. My point is that Franck is your man for organising things in Scotland so pester him to get something organised. If he won't - do it yourself. That's what's happened with some stuff down here.

1:b) We manage quite well without a "Hipsters" thank you very much :na:
So are you saying that you don't want an advanced class?

3:a) It just so happens that the most friendly, outgoing and best people to dance with are here and we open our arms to welcome all who want to come and experiance it. Where better to host a forum that holds these ideals to it's core?
Absolutely. Franck & ceroc scotland have done a fantastic job of getting this forum to where it is. :clap:

3:b) This forum has some of the most advanced and knowledgable MJ people in the world on it; all offering advice, support, thoughts and discusson on all aspects of MJ. As a resource to get you in touch with these people and ask questions, it is second to none. Eveyone should know about it.
I'm not disputing that. I am however questioning the way that people are invited to attend and then "leg pulled" for discussing a topic that Scots can't participate in.

3:c)Most folk here are "addicted" to dance and want others to share in this exciting, exillerating and enjoyable passtime - it is advertised by it's members wherever they go as an ambassador to the MJ community.
Nothing to dispute here. There are many dance fanatics down here who go to different venues, chat to people and encourage them to look at the forum.

Actually I'm painfully split by this thread. I was a member of the forum in it's old skin before it went down because it was flooded with spam. Then the forum was reincarnated in its current form and I was number two on the posting list for a while! I was a part of Ceroc Scotland and wore the flag with pride. As the forum grew I saw so many people from Hipsters and elsewhere sign up simultaneously and flood the forum, as so many new posters do. (Most calm down - Trampy didn't). I've since moved down to London and seen the Hipsters side of things. I now wear a Ster's shirt with pride and jumped up and down for the Scots at Blackpool (and stood in acknowledgement of some of the Scottish winners at Blackpool).

Let's face it. There are some things the Sters do to pi$$ off the Scots.

There are some things the Scots do that pi$$ off the Sters.

That's part of the rich tapestry of life.

We all share a fantastic hobby that brings us all together. Can't we just be friends?

J :hug:

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Not sure what your point is here.{not being a Ceroc run event}
I was trying to say that although Franck (et all) have the majority of MJ in Scotland, he is not obligated to provide for the MJ community here - it's his business (and pleasure) and must be run as such. If CerocScotland don't want to run such a club, then they don't have to or even have to justify not doing it. There may be other things in the pipeline that negate the need or desire for such a club.{?}

I disagree. Scotland has some fantastic dancers and I think that it could support a monthly advanced class somewhere - maybe moving around the country. My point is that Franck is your man for organising things in Scotland so pester him to get something organised. If he won't - do it yourself. That's what's happened with some stuff down here.
I agree, we have a lot of fantastic dancers. I have even proposed somthing similar to what you suggest in another thread. As to organising it... See above regarding Franck. I'm sure that someone could organise something similar, but I don't think we would want to for fear of causing a divide in the great Ceroc/MJ community we have just now. {but feel free to correct me.}

So are you saying that you don't want an advanced class?
No - what I'm saying is that we haven't had them up to now. We have a lot of excelent dancers. Would it actually be a benifit?

I'm not disputing that. I am however questioning the way that people are invited to attend and then "leg pulled" for discussing a topic that Scots can't participate in.
It works both ways - it's just nice to know that I could travel anywhere in the country (UK) and be assured that I could walk into almost any MJ venue and find someone that I could dance with.
{although after this thread, there may be one in particular that might not want me :innocent:}

We all share a fantastic hobby that brings us all together. Can't we just be friends?
But then who would I argue with :confused: :wink: :hug:

Chris
12th-March-2004, 07:22 PM
For anyone thinking of emigrating to Scotland, as I did many years ago, learning the dry sense of humour might be classed as indispensable. CJ uses it a lot, and some good people invariably miss it. In general terms, I've seen many situations (mostly non dance related) that such misunderstanding causes endless amusement to the Scots and regrettable discomfort to the English (who often dig themselves in so deep over the imaginary slight that the Scots can even get wound up enough to say something intentionally offensive duh). It's no use arguing this in logic - the Scots are not going to change their habits (and probably neither are the English).

And I think 'Hipsters' would be an excellent sweary word!

"You can tell when you've been Hipstered"
"There goes CJ doing a Hipsters on the decks again and I haven't even got the first move in that class yet"
"Look sharp, there's some 'sters about" (narrowly avoiding Pammy's sparkly glam toes)
"it was a Hipsters of a night!" for an unbelievably incredible evening (or just to make someone jealous haha)
"Don't you Hipsters me!!!" (as someone demonstrates their fancy new footwork and octople spins)
"Hipsters Price" (jealous organiser who's just put his prices up above the the level of low Hipsters entry fee)
"Hipsters Pretzel" (Viktor demoes his latest twisty turny flowingly convoluted and pleasantly near-impossible move)
"You're off Hipsterin' again!!!" (shouted at your sister who's just stood you up on a night out for a better offer elsewhere)
"They're Hipsters" (explanation given at UK Ceroc Champs for disqualifying someone) :devil:

. . . but I'm sure the more experienced 'sters can think up better ways of using a word that should soon be in the Oxford English Dictionary (errrmmmm... why don't we have a good English dictionary with a fancy Scottish University name? - is it that the Scots are so humble?)

(this is a tongue in cheek post - anyone want more smileys? - please add 'em)

Lounge Lizard
12th-March-2004, 07:30 PM
Hipsters has one great night [Tuesdays] - providing you like mainly swing based music and crowded dance floors and a basic modern jive night [Wednesday] for beginners/intermediates - ChrisA has previously stated that Viktor had to make his Bisley class easier for the Hipsters crowd.

Collectivly Hipsters gets 250 - 300 dancers a week [excluding dance night] how many do Ceroc Scotland get?
Hipsters have the top three teachers and top DJ in the country and is the no.1 individual jive venue appealing to the upper 10% of dancers [I guessed at this figure]
I would imagine other organisers have greater numbers than Hipsters but just dont get the national recognition

Franck may not have a regular advanced class in Scotland, but he makes dam sure he gets all the top teachers for his workshops.

I think all the southern organisers should be gratefull Franck is in Scotland - Imagine what would happen if he moved to London!!!!

And what's wrong with H**sters being a swear word............Down south C**roc has been one for years;)

ChrisA
12th-March-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
I think all the southern organisers should be gratefull Franck is in Scotland - Imagine what would happen if he moved to London!!!!
He'd probably start using a Windows PC... :devil:

Why do you think "M(a)c" is such a common name prefix only in Scotland??

Chris

Lounge Lizard
12th-March-2004, 07:45 PM
He'd probably start using a Windows PC... :devil:

Why do you think "M(a)c" is such a common name prefix only in Scotland??

Chris fraiid not I keep getting advised to put music on a mac

well there must be a witty response to that one

jivecat
12th-March-2004, 08:36 PM
Sorry if it offends, but I thought this thread quite amusing. :D

Yeah, me too, thoroughly entertaining. Just the sort of edgy bickering that up until last Saturday the forumites did not have time for anymore. And I haven't even read to the end yet. Started off with a daft, light-hearted poll, the tone of umbrage has been cranked up a notch with every post I've read so far. What will it be at the end? Pistols at dawn? Curses? Death threats? I can hardly wait.

(It's gone 7:30. Must go and watch my other soap now.)

Heather
13th-March-2004, 08:58 AM
And what's wrong with H**sters being a swear word............Down south C**roc has been one for years;)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Very witty Peter!!!!!

:hug: :kiss:
Heather
XX

Heather
13th-March-2004, 09:04 AM

Franck may not have a regular advanced class in Scotland, but he makes dam sure he gets all the top teachers for his workshops.

Sorry Peter, he's OURS and you ain't getting him!!!!
Agree though Franck makes a brilliant effort up here and we are all grateful for that. I can honestly say that EVERY workshop of Franck's I have attended has had fabulous teachers. (Crawly bum lick mode off).
Who needs Hipsters!!!
:rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Heather
13th-March-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by jivecat
Yeah, me too, thoroughly entertaining. Just the sort of edgy bickering that up until last Saturday the forumites did not have time for anymore. And I haven't even read to the end yet. Started off with a daft, light-hearted poll, the tone of umbrage has been cranked up a notch with every post I've read so far. What will it be at the end? Pistols at dawn? Curses? Death threats? I can hardly wait.

(It's gone 7:30. Must go and watch my other soap now.)
Agree with you there Jivecat ! What started off as a bit of lighthearted ribbing has gotten more and more serious with every post!! Of course that may just be an indication of how seriously some people take themselves!!:wink:
By the way, isn't Corrie good just now!!!!:rofl:

:rofl: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

jivecat
13th-March-2004, 10:39 AM
By the way, isn't Corrie good just now!!!!:rofl:

:rofl: :kiss:
Heather,
XX
And just when is it not good? Love the way the evil witch mother Gail and her spineless son are developing. Also the geriatric love triangle. (Gives me hope!)

Gadget
13th-March-2004, 11:42 AM
And just when is it not good? Love the way the evil witch mother Gail and her spineless son are developing. Also the geriatric love triangle. (Gives me hope!)
AAAAAAAAAARG!!!

Jive Brummie
13th-March-2004, 11:54 AM
Tell you what.........a thread that's turned into an argument and FC and I haven't even posted yet....what's going on there.???:what:

Personnally, I couldn't give a rat's ass what people want to talk about on 'the forum', hence the name. Public forum, talk about what you want as long as it's not complete sh*te.

Unfortunately ChrisA and Jayne you've fallen for the trap of arguing with someone who's said something without thinking and now they're firmly in the dung trying to dig themselves out...................great to watch though:wink:

Hipsters?? I prefer hotpants, but hipsters have their good points too. Keep up the bickering...it's healthy!!!

James.......x

p.s. if you like your soaps, Hollyoaks is a good alternative.....'will Izzy leave Ben or not, will Max and Mandy cope with the death of their mom and dad?'......ooooooo, edge of my seat:blush:

Dance Demon
13th-March-2004, 12:54 PM

:yeah:

Would love to get to hipsters sometime..........even if it was just to get knocked back by a hotshot...:rofl:

Lory
13th-March-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon

even if it was just to get knocked back by a hotshot...:rofl:

The experience will do u good!

I can say quite truthfully, I've learnt how to handle rejection quite well now! :wink: :D :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
Unfortunately ChrisA and Jayne you've fallen for the trap of arguing with someone who's said something without thinking and now they're firmly in the dung trying to dig themselves out...................great to watch though:wink:

Hipsters?? I prefer hotpants, but hipsters have their good points too. Keep up the bickering...it's healthy!!!

p.s. if you like your soaps, Hollyoaks is a good alternative.....'will Izzy leave Ben or not, will Max and Mandy cope with the death of their mom and dad?'......ooooooo, edge of my seat:blush: I don't think that he said something without thinking. I think that he knew exactly what he was doing - trying to wind people up - and I think that it's unfortunate that he's managed to succeed so easily :devil: For the record, no-one up here really cares that much one way or another about Hipsters, and if you want to write about it, go ahead. But we will take the p1ss out of you about it. And you'll react. Which is funny :whistle:

Hotpants are definitely preferable to Hipsters. Especially the pair that Sheena was wearing last weekend in the airsteps with me :drool:

James. I didn't know you watched soaps. You've just gone a long, long way down in my estimation my friend!! :rolleyes:

Trampy

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
:yeah:

Would love to get to hipsters sometime..........even if it was just to get knocked back by a hotshot...:rofl: John....

If you really want to experience this, just ask me for a dance next Friday, and I'll turn you down.

Why go to London for something that you can experience just as well up here!! :devil: :whistle:

Trampy

Jive Brummie
13th-March-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

James. I didn't know you watched soaps. You've just gone a long, long way down in my estimation my friend!! :rolleyes:

Trampy

.........erm.........erm..........I only watch them because Melanie makes me.:whistle:.....and she's not a woman to cross!!!:sick:

James.........:waycool:

Dance Demon
13th-March-2004, 05:48 PM
John....

If you really want to experience this, just ask me for a dance next Friday, and I'll turn you down.

Trampy

What !!!:what: ...even if I play "All That Jazz"....:na:

Barry Shnikov
14th-March-2004, 11:25 AM
(can't find an "e acute" character.)

Hold down the [Alt] key and then type "0233" on the Numeric keypad at the right hand side of the board.

é - see? :wink:

jivecat
14th-March-2004, 06:14 PM
AAAAAAAAAARG!!!

Take it you're not a fan, then.

ChrisA
15th-March-2004, 10:33 AM
For the record, no-one up here really cares that much one way or another about Hipsters, and if you want to write about it, go ahead. But we will take the p1ss out of you about it. And you'll react. Which is funny :whistle:

http://193.203.244.221/images/midfing2.gif

I so wanted an excuse to use this smiley I found...

Chris
PS Go on, Franck, add it to the set, I dare ya :devil: :rofl:

Gadget
15th-March-2004, 11:12 AM
Take it you're not a fan, then.
Let's just say that I would rather wash out half empty bottles of turned milk that have been sitting for a few days than suffer a soap. :sick:
There is (more than) enough real-life drama and "soap plot" type things going on in my life that I don't need to watch anyone else's.

foxylady
15th-March-2004, 11:45 AM
Personally I find Hipsters really flattering - especially the boot leg cut ones... Shame they weren't around when I was a girl, me "shakin' my ass" in them isn't half as satisfying as it could have been....

Have I missed the point ? :rofl:

Pammy
15th-March-2004, 12:31 PM
Let's just say that I would rather wash out half empty bottles of turned milk that have been sitting for a few days than suffer a soap. :sick:

This reminds me of a time at work. I collect used foil for the Swan Rescue charity and somebody had left some milk bottles in a sealed pot under my desk. I had no idea they were there. This smell kept on coming up, like rotten eggs and I thought it was the girl sitting next to me :blush: I didn't have the courage to say anything to her, so this went on for about a week. Eventually the smell got so bad that I pinpointed where it was coming from :sick: Turns out she'd been thinking it was me :rofl: When we opened that pot, it was so bad I thought the paper might peel off the walls :tears:

In light of that, I don't think you would rather wash out the half empty bottles :wink:

Gadget
16th-March-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
In light of that, I don't think you would rather wash out the half empty bottles :wink:
...really? half empty bottles of baby's milk that have been sitting on the window cill for a couple of days that you can see has seperated, congealed and you just know is going to smell r e a l l y bad.
It's that suction hiss when you have to open them, then the smell that makes you swallow back bile. :sick: ugh.

Perhaps you get how much I dislike soaps? :rolleyes:

fruitcake
16th-March-2004, 02:52 PM
Firstly, I would rather wash out half empty congealed bottles of baby milk, than suffer a soap. But I have to say, if that is the worst you could cope with then don;t be a nurse.
Warning---don't read further if you have a sensitive stomach.
As a nurse, I have had many rather revolting jobs to do involving bodily functions/fluids,, but the worst job I can actually remember is...
One of my patients had projectile vomiting, that flew halfway across the room in to the back of the dialysis machine, I spent about an hour , with a toothbrush, trying to get it cleaned out, it stank, it was slippery and slimy!!!:tears:
I would still prefer to do that than watch a soap!!!

Lory
16th-March-2004, 03:11 PM
This is not a good thread to read after lunch! :sick:

I don't watch any soaps but I confess I'd gladly suffer 1/2 hour of mind numbing C**p (or should I say H**sters) than do any of the above! :sick: :tears: :sick:

fruitcake
16th-March-2004, 03:18 PM
Better to read it after lunch than before lunch eh Lory petal, Personally, I have just been out for lunch, and just had ginger, chocolate and orange chhesecake, with cafe latte, fit rare!( as they say in Aberdeen)
Fruity

bobgadjet
16th-March-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
Firstly, I would rather wash out half empty congealed bottles of baby milk, than suffer a soap. But I have to say, if that is the worst you could cope with then don;t be a nurse.
Warning---don't read further if you have a sensitive stomach.
As a nurse, I have had many rather revolting jobs to do involving bodily functions/fluids,, but the worst job I can actually remember is...
One of my patients had projectile vomiting, that flew halfway across the room in to the back of the dialysis machine, I spent about an hour , with a toothbrush, trying to get it cleaned out, it stank, it was slippery and slimy!!!:tears:
I would still prefer to do that than watch a soap!!!

OH NO ! ! !
WHY oh WHY did I not heed the warning, and NOT read on, just when I was about to put the dinner on.
I don't feel so hungry now :drool:

Jive Brummie
16th-March-2004, 10:51 PM
How far is Hipsters from the Staffordshire area?? Particularly Lichfield?? I only ask because me and the wife are coming south in May after Southport and we wouldn't mind coming along to 'live-the-dream'. Last time home we went to Milton Keynes to see Marc and Rachel.....is it much further away??? And is it daft to contemplate driving there and back in an evening???

Please help all you 'Ster type people...

Ta very much....

James......:cheers:

Divissima
16th-March-2004, 11:10 PM
Hi James!
I'm sorry I missed my chance to grab you for a dance at Blackpool. I had a wee chat to Mel, though and it was great to meet her at last.
I'd say Hipsters is a pretty long drive from Staffs if you aren't staying over. But it would be sooo lovely to see you both in Ealing.
:waycool:
Claire

Jive Brummie
16th-March-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Hi James!
I'm sorry I missed my chance to grab you for a dance at Blackpool. :waycool:
Claire

I know. I did see you but you were always boppin' away so didn't manage to grab you. And after the presentation we kind of......legged it!!!!

Will do our best to get down south though and see you all.......

Cheers Div':flower:

James........x

Tiggerbabe
17th-March-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
Mel
ooooh! Brave girl!!! :worthy:

She only allowed us to call her Mel for one day, and that's because she was hyper!!!!! :wink:

bobgadjet
17th-March-2004, 01:37 AM
How far is Hipsters from the Staffordshire area?? Particularly Lichfield?? Last time home we went to Milton Keynes to see Marc and Rachel.....is it much further away??? And is it daft to contemplate driving there and back in an evening???

Well, it really depends how much you like driving, and at what time of the day.
If you want to be in the Ealing area for anything like 8pm you would do best to leave Staffs by about 5pm. It's not really a 3 hour drive, more like 1 1/2, but at trhe time you would be at the siouthern end of the M1 you would be in traffic from about J10 to J8, and it could add that other hour to 1 1/2 hrs.
You would do better with somewhere to stay nearer the venue, and go back next day if that an option.

Hope that helps you decide.

Rachel
17th-March-2004, 11:29 AM
How far is Hipsters from the Staffordshire area?? Particularly Lichfield?? I only ask because me and the wife are coming south in May after Southport and we wouldn't mind coming along to 'live-the-dream'. Last time home we went to Milton Keynes to see Marc and Rachel.....is it much further away??? And is it daft to contemplate driving there and back in an evening???

Please help all you 'Ster type people...

Ta very much....

James......:cheers: Hi James! Just sent FC a huge PM, before reading your post, so i'll be brief here ....

Hipsters is just about an hour from us in Northampton. It will probably be nearly 2 hours from Lichfield. Come and stay over at ours for the Monday/Tues night, and you can come down to Hipsters with us! Yes??

(Look forward to seeing you again at Southport.)
Rachel

Jive Brummie
17th-March-2004, 06:45 PM
Cheers for the gen chaps, (rachel and bobgadjet), most helpful.

Will discuss the options with the ginger one and let you know. Thanks once again.

James.........:hug:

Mary
18th-March-2004, 05:04 PM
Let us know when you are coming down James, and pencil me in for a dance - pretty please???:flower: :yum:

M

Lory
18th-March-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Mary
pencil me in for a dance - pretty please???:flower: :yum:

M
Mary Mary, don't let the side down, we want to give him the FULL H**sters experience, don't we? :devil:
He has to ask us, then we look him up and down rudely b4 refusing him! That's how it generally works, isn't it?:wink:

Only joking James! Can I get on your list too?:flower:

Mary
19th-March-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Lory
Mary Mary, don't let the side down, we want to give him the FULL H**sters experience, don't we? :devil:
He has to ask us, then we look him up and down rudely b4 refusing him! That's how it generally works, isn't it?:wink:

Only joking James! Can I get on your list too?:flower:

:rofl: :rofl:

Oh, yeah - I was forgetting myself!

M

ChrisA
19th-March-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Lory

We mustn't forget Melanie's duties.

While the other girls are refusing to dance with James, she must accept the occasional dance, but ensure that for the whole track she's looking really bored. :devil:

Chris

Jive Brummie
19th-March-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, i hope the man that tells Melanie that she looks bored, wears either some ear plugs or a cricket box............... She's not a fiery red head for nothing you know:sick: :hug:

And as for me, well, if I get turned down i'll have to focus my attentions elsewhere.............. fancy a dance ChrisA???:wink:

James.....:cheers:

ChrisA
19th-March-2004, 07:09 PM
And as for me, well, if I get turned down i'll have to focus my attentions elsewhere.............. fancy a dance ChrisA???:wink:
I'd be honoured, mate. Just a dance, though, no tongues, ok? At least for the first one... :whistle: :innocent:

TheTramp
19th-March-2004, 07:29 PM
I'd be honoured, mate. Just a dance, though, no tongues, ok? At least for the first one... :whistle: :innocent: And you win the "Gadget prize for the most unwanted mental picture of the day" today!! :clap:

Trampy

ChrisA
19th-March-2004, 08:10 PM
And you win the "Gadget prize for the most unwanted mental picture of the day" today!! :clap:
You're most kind. :worthy:

What worries me, though, is that it's always your mind the unwanted mental image seems to be generated in... :what: :really:

Chris

TheTramp
19th-March-2004, 08:27 PM
You're most kind. :worthy:I know....

What worries me, though, is that it's always your mind the unwanted mental image seems to be generated in... :what: :really:Trust me. It worries me too!! :sick:

Trampy

Dreadful Scathe
24th-January-2005, 06:11 PM
what the **** has this ********** thread got to do with ******* swearing ?

I don't comprehend !!