PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish Swing Riot!

Lindsay
12th-March-2004, 11:01 AM
"THE SCOTTISH SWING RIOT"
18-20 June '04

A HUGE line-up of world-class teachers.....

Ryan Francois & Jenny Thomas (USA)
Bill Borgida & Julee Mertz(USA)
Hasse Mattson & Marie Nahnfeldt (Sweden)
Dan & Christi Guest (London)
Gary & Sara Boon (Gloucester)
Annemarie Sachs (Holland)

Lindy Hop classes at three levels, Boogie Woogie for beginners to advanced (a progressive course), plus classes in Jazz dance, Strolls, Balboa, Jammin' in the Circle, Funky Swing, Tango, and Shag!! Top-class Saturday night cabaret, and Scotland's finest swing DJs.

Local accommodation can be booked with the event this year. Last year the Swing Riot saw dancers from all over the UK, and also from USA, France, Holland, Germany and Belgium. If you are coming from the South, make sure you take advantage of the many cheap travel offers from London to Edinburgh.

All the usual extras- dancewear shop, massage, etc.

So what are you waiting for???
Book NOW (http://www.boogienights.net)

CJ
12th-March-2004, 11:18 AM
I thought you were referring to that nasty incident in Dalgety Bay last year. (don't know if you read about it: guy accidentaly picked up his own car keys, oh it went so downhill from there....)

Anyhow, another feather in the cap of Boogie Nights.

Looks fab, if just above my ken!! Hope it goes well!

Lindsay
12th-March-2004, 04:43 PM
very drole J-C....
had to think for a bit tho' B4 I got that one....friday'n'that....

:rofl: :rofl:

Chicklet
12th-April-2004, 01:50 PM
Tell us how this weekend would be for those who haven't done much of the old footwork stuff?????

What about a rough difficulty ranking for the different dances??

And, how easy would it be for the novices to then dance with the h'experts?

Could we be easily led?? (in the dance sense, of course!!:innocent: )

And purely for curiosity, do many of the visitors come in cool retro outfits??
me:D

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
16th-April-2004, 10:46 AM
What proportion is lindyhop compared to the other styles. I like some of them but am not keen on LH :)

Lindsay
22nd-April-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Tell us how this weekend would be for those who haven't done much of the old footwork stuff????? What about a rough difficulty ranking for the different dances?? And, how easy would it be for the novices to then dance with the h'experts? Could we be easily led?? (in the dance sense, of course!!:innocent: ) And purely for curiosity, do many of the visitors come in cool retro outfits??
me:D
Footwork- lots- luvvit! There's 'beginners' levels in swing, tango, tap, jazz dance, hip hip etc. Retro outfits not obligatory, rather the Sat. Ball theme is 'Highland' so get yer kilt on lass! You could never be easily lead Chickie, in any sense :D

What proportion is lindyhop compared to the other styles
About 50-60% Lindy Hop... 'Tis booking up fast, just <100, & may be closed to single gals soon (ie find a man or be a man)....

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
24th-April-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
About 50-60% Lindy Hop...

That's OK then :clap:

Lindsay
27th-April-2004, 04:17 PM
Ryan & Jenny (USA), Bill & Julee (USA), Hasse & Marie (Sweden), Dan & Christi (London), Gary & Sara (Gloucester), Annemarie Sachs (Holland), Trish Sewell (UK).

Lindy Hop
Boogie Woogie
Strolls
Balboa
Funky Swing
Tap
Hip Hop
Tango
Shag....